Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,537 members, 7,865,234 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:20 PM

Between God And Caesar - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Between God And Caesar (562 Views)

Some Of The Difference Between God & Allah / These Differences Between God And Allah Will Shoke You / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Between God And Caesar by jaygiant(m): 3:34am On Nov 01, 2011
What is God’s? What is Caesar’s? Christ clearly gave an injunction to his disciples, and us, that we should pay unto Caesar his dues and unto the lord our God what is rightly his. This therefore should mean that religion should not be a guise to wear in order to avoid stately demands, neither should we allow the affairs of state and daily human pursuits come to interfere in the deliverance and fulfillment of the requirements of our faith to our creator.

However, do we really know the difference? Is there a fine line between the possession of Caesar and the possession of God? The earth belongs to God, so do we as his creations; therefore, Caesar belongs to him as well. If this is the case how then do we say that this particular obligation I am fulfilling is for the state when ultimately it all belongs to God.

This article is not geared towards questioning the wisdom of the statement, far from it. Rather it was created to further deeply explore the wisdom and guidance which this line holds for us. Undoubtedly, we all hold the belief that the affairs of the world are extremely different from that of heaven, I say belief because none of us has actually been to heaven and returned with a vivid description, and if there is as some congregation chasing prophets claim, we have no way of verifying their account of the ‘visit’. We are all sure, however, that the ways of God are not the ways of man. Is this why he has asked us to give Caesar what is due to Caesar when Caesar himself belongs to him?

Man exists solely for the purpose of glorification of God and hi works, Ecclesiastes and apostle Paul told us this much. With the foregoing, one can no help but ask where does Caesar come in when he too was created for the same purpose? Could it be that it is required of Caesar to give unto God what we have given him? This questions continue to plague me, but I can only comfort myself with the thought that there is a grand plan and only the almighty God understands it all, and we are to do only what is required of us, but I come before you all today in this forum, what is Caesar’s and what is God’s?
Re: Between God And Caesar by tpia5: 3:53am On Nov 01, 2011
is this another thread about money?
Re: Between God And Caesar by jaygiant(m): 3:57am On Nov 01, 2011
i think u should read it first my good friend smiley

(1) (Reply)

Is Jesus God? / Nigerian Prophet Turns Rogue / Unity, Ummah And Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.