Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,852 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone (7165 Views)

Divine Blessings Are Conditional / Abel Damina: Breast, Yansh, Brain, Good Cook Do Not Make You A Wife Material But / Testimonies From The Lord's Chosen Programme, God's Blessings For Higher Level ( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 3:14pm On Dec 13, 2023
Many people in the world cry to God to bless them and the only way they can confirm if their prayers have been answered is by the number of material things ( things they can touch and feel) they have received. Where many don't see the manifestation of these physical needs in their lives they assume God has forgotten them.

God bless people in various ways and more importantly, his blessings do not add sorrow to the receiver. God bless us most time with things money can't buy.

Proverb 10:22
The blessing of the LORD makes rich, and he adds no sorrow with it.

There are huge number of people whom God's non materialistic blessings are upon walking in the world today without knowing. Let us take a view of some people in this category from the Bible in order to have a better understanding of what we are discussing.

HEZEKIAH

2king 20:1-7
20 In those days Hezekiah became ill and was at the point of death. The prophet Isaiah son of Amoz went to him and said, “This is what the Lord says: Put your house in order, because you are going to die; you will not recover.”

2 Hezekiah turned his face to the wall and prayed to the Lord, 3 “Remember, Lord, how I have walked before you faithfully and with wholehearted devotion and have done what is good in your eyes.” And Hezekiah wept bitterly.

4 Before Isaiah had left the middle court, the word of the Lord came to him: 5 “Go back and tell Hezekiah, the ruler of my people, ‘This is what the Lord, the God of your father David, says: I have heard your prayer and seen your tears; I will heal you. On the third day from now you will go up to the temple of the Lord. 6 I will add fifteen years to your life. And I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria. I will defend this city for my sake and for the sake of my servant David.’”

There are many people in the world today that are like hezekiah but don't know. They keep asking God to bless them but God had answered them by adding more years to their lives to live on earth (elongating their lives). In some families God's blessing may be that certain disease will never come near them from generation to generation.

BARUCH

Jeremiah 45:1-5
45 When Baruch son of Neriah wrote on a scroll the words Jeremiah the prophet dictated in the fourth year of Jehoiakim son of Josiah king of Judah, Jeremiah said this to Baruch: 2 “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says to you, Baruch: 3 You said, ‘Woe to me! The Lord has added sorrow to my pain; I am worn out with groaning and find no rest.’ 4 But the Lord has told me to say to you, ‘This is what the Lord says: I will overthrow what I have built and uproot what I have planted, throughout the earth. 5 Should you then seek great things for yourself? Do not seek them. For I will bring disaster on all people, declares the Lord, but wherever you go I will let you escape with your life.

Baruch is one of the people that God blessed with something that money can not buy. Baruch helped Jeremiah to execute an assignment of God and after the task God decided to reward/ bless BARUCH with what money can't buy. God blessed him with divine protection wherever he goes. Do you know what this means? It means if he joined the military and he got posted to a fierce battle field where no one amongst his team mate was supposed to survive he "Baruch" will survive and come home alive. In another instance, if he travelled in a bus and the bus is involved in a ghastly accident where every other person died " Baruch" will be the only survivor.

Therefore, when next you check for God's blessings upon your life and[b] you don't see house, cars and others don't conclude yet [/b]that you have missed out on God's blessing. When you look deeper you will see clearly that God has blessed you with things money can't buy.

Jesus is the messiah the world is waiting for connect with him today!!!!!

HOW TO CONNECT WITH JESUS

John14:6
Jesus told him ' I am the way-
Yes, and the truth and the life. No one can GET to the father (GOD) except by means of me (JESUS ).

Say lord Jesus am sorry for the sins have committed and today I accept you as the son of God and as my lord and personal savior. Help me to follow you now and for ever more. Amen!!!

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 7:46am On Dec 14, 2023
In to.. Greatness
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 4:55am On Dec 15, 2023
Good morning...... K
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 11:39am On Dec 16, 2023
Happy weekend,,..
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 5:13am On Dec 17, 2023
Happy weekend....
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 5:48pm On Dec 21, 2023
Good….
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 7:36am On Dec 22, 2023
Good morning
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 7:36am On Dec 22, 2023
Good morning ……
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 7:13am On Dec 23, 2023
Happy weekend….
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 5:35am On Dec 24, 2023
Happy Sunday...
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 6:23am On Dec 25, 2023
Happy Christmas
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 7:57am On Dec 29, 2023
Morning...
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 7:54am On Dec 30, 2023
Morning..
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Enddy50ty(m): 10:14am On Dec 30, 2023
Okay
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by ZiksProgeny: 10:14am On Dec 30, 2023
Unleash Your Visa Victory and Job Triumph!

Tired of visa setbacks and silent job applications? Brace yourself for a game-changing solution!

🚀 Presenting Our Expertly Crafted CVs, SOPs, and Impactful Letters 🚀

🌟 Elevate Your Interview Chances to a Staggering 95% 🌟

Immerse yourself in our world of precision, where we specialize in creating:

📝 Europass-style CVs
📝 SOPs that captivate for job and study visa pursuits
📝 Persuasive Cover Letters
📝 Compelling Motivational Letters

Say farewell to poorly articulated SOPs that hinder your dreams. We grasp the art of leaving an indelible mark, ensuring not just visa approvals but a guaranteed seat at your dream job interview.

Why settle for the ordinary when excellence is just a click away? Let us be your ticket to a radiant tomorrow! Chat or Call us NOW!

Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by accordadoga21(f): 10:15am On Dec 30, 2023
Hehehehe

Tell the people from that region.

They can do anything just to make money
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Funkybabee(f): 10:19am On Dec 30, 2023
Nice write-up. We slept and woke up because the Lord sustain us
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by KEVIND: 10:19am On Dec 30, 2023
accordadoga21:
Hehehehe

Tell the people from that region.

They can do anything just to make money
.And who are the tribe & regions that have been ruling Nigeria since independence & has looted all the resources & our common patrimony and took them to Niger & other Arab nations.
Thereby keeping the people perpetually poor.
These people used to loot in billions in the past but now they loot in trillions of Naira.
All they do with the loot is marry many wives, build filling stations all over Abuja & mosque in their villages

2 Likes

Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by ItisWell22(f): 10:31am On Dec 30, 2023
Normal.
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by BarrElChapo(m): 10:32am On Dec 30, 2023
Obviously
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Tjra: 10:32am On Dec 30, 2023
Number one blessing na sound health.

Health is wealth

1 Like

Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by BarrElChapo(m): 10:32am On Dec 30, 2023
Obviously

Long life, good health, good children etc
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by mu2sa2: 10:41am On Dec 30, 2023
People pray for material things mostly - money, house, children, wealth - and see their prayers answered only when those things materialise.
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by OluwaSegun0509(m): 10:42am On Dec 30, 2023
True talk.

Corrections:
Many people in the world cry to God to bless them and the only way they can confirm if their prayers have been answered is by the number of material things ( things they can touch and feel) they have received. Where many don't see the manifestation of these physical needs in their lives they assume God has forgotten them.

God bless people in various ways and more importantly, his blessings do not add sorrow to the receiver. God bless us most time with things money can't buy.

Proverb 10:22
The blessing of the LORD makes rich, and he adds no sorrow with it.

There are huge number of people whom God's non materialistic blessings are upon walking in the world today without knowing. Let us take a view of some people in this category from the Bible in order to have a better understanding of what we are discussing.

HEZEKIAH

2king 20:1-7
20 In those days Hezekiah became ill and was at the point of death. The prophet Isaiah son of Amoz went to him and said, “This is what the Lord says: Put your house in order, because you are going to die; you will not recover.”

2 Hezekiah turned his face to the wall and prayed to the Lord, 3 “Remember, Lord, how I have walked before you faithfully and with wholehearted devotion and have done what is good in your eyes.” And Hezekiah wept bitterly.

4 Before Isaiah had left the middle court, the word of the Lord came to him: 5 “Go back and tell Hezekiah, the ruler of my people, ‘This is what the Lord, the God of your father David, says: I have heard your prayer and seen your tears; I will heal you. On the third day from now you will go up to the temple of the Lord. 6 I will add fifteen years to your life. And I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria. I will defend this city for my sake and for the sake of my servant David.’”

There are many people in the world today that are like hezekiah but don't know. They keep asking God to bless them but God had answered them by adding more years to their lives to live on earth (elongating their lives). In some families God's blessing may be that certain disease will never come near them from generation to generation.

BARUCH

Jeremiah 45:1-5
45 When Baruch son of Neriah wrote on a scroll the words Jeremiah the prophet dictated in the fourth year of Jehoiakim son of Josiah king of Judah, Jeremiah said this to Baruch: 2 “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says to you, Baruch: 3 You said, ‘Woe to me! The Lord has added sorrow to my pain; I am worn out with groaning and find no rest.’ 4 But the Lord has told me to say to you, ‘This is what the Lord says: I will overthrow what I have built and uproot what I have planted, throughout the earth. 5 Should you then seek great things for yourself? Do not seek them. For I will bring disaster on all people, declares the Lord, but wherever you go I will let you escape with your life.

Baruch is one of the people that God blessed with something that money can not buy. Baruch helped Jeremiah to execute an assignment of God and after the task God decided to reward/ bless BARUCH with what money can't buy. God blessed him with divine protection wherever he goes. Do you know what this means? It means if he joined the military and he got posted to a fierce battle field where no one amongst his team mate was supposed to survive he "Baruch" will survive and come home alive. In another instance, if he travelled in a bus and the bus is involved in a ghastly accident where every other person died " Baruch" will be the only survivor.

Therefore, when next you check for God's blessings upon your life and[b] you don't see house, cars and others don't conclude yet [/b]that you have missed out on God's blessing. When you look deeper you will see clearly that God has blessed you with things money can't buy.

Jesus is the messiah the world is waiting for connect with him today!!!!!

HOW TO CONNECT WITH JESUS

John14:6
Jesus told him ' I am the way-
Yes, and the truth and the life. No one can GET to the father (GOD) except by means of me (JESUS ).

Say lord Jesus am sorry for the sins have committed and today I accept you as the son of God and as my lord and personal savior. Help me to follow you now and for ever more. Amen!!!
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by GreatrAnalyst: 10:47am On Dec 30, 2023
Yeah...

As a matter of fact, physical/material blessings are as a result of blessings in the intagible form - call it words of blessings, spiritual atmosphere over and around the person, etc., same way curses are not physical things but have physical effects.

It is the reason why a blessed man may lose many physical things, yet in no time will get them back, because the actual "blessings" giving birth to those physical ones are not physical themselves.

Esau cried bitterly just because his father gave "blessings" to his brother Jacob without knowing... Their father didn't really give Jacob physical blessings. But the nonphysical blessings made whole difference of their lives eventually.

"Blessing" is the invisible forces making lives prosperous, effects of the blessing are the physical things people think are the actual blessings. Same applies to curses.

2 Likes

Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by ViktorCash: 11:04am On Dec 30, 2023
Happy last weekend of the year
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by koolaid87: 11:25am On Dec 30, 2023
Oga mod, wait till Sunday before posting this to fp jor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Problem With Moderate Atheists / Christ Embassy’s Top Female Pastor, Dolapo Oni In Debt Scandal.... / Pastor Adeboye - Let Your Little Light Shine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.