Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,122 members, 7,856,493 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 08:53 PM

Today Is Art Alade's 86th Posthumous Birthday - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Today Is Art Alade's 86th Posthumous Birthday (25129 Views)

Critics' Choice Awards 2021: Chadwick Boseman Gets Second Posthumous Award / Google Celebrate Amaka Igwe 57 Posthumous Birthday / Yemi Alade Show It All At Glo Mega Music Tour Lekki: 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Is Art Alade's 86th Posthumous Birthday by femi4: 8:37am On Dec 14, 2023
naptu2:
Memories.

Getting back from church on a Sunday morning. The house is filled with the aroma of delicious food and people are playing football (and sometimes rugby) outside. Sit down to eat breakfast while watching the Art Alade Show.

(It was previously shown at night, I think at 10pm, but I can’t remember what day of the week that was).
humm....the good old days.
Re: Today Is Art Alade's 86th Posthumous Birthday by NightCyrax: 8:41am On Dec 14, 2023
naptu2:

Dr Victor Olaiya originally sang Baby Jowo and it has been covered many times by many musicians. Art Alade's version is called Sisi Jowo.

Oh, right! Thank you so much! The Jowo part of it rang a bell to me. I knew I had had something Jowo by Victor Olaiya before. Thanks bro.
Re: Today Is Art Alade's 86th Posthumous Birthday by naptu2: 8:43am On Dec 14, 2023
NightCyrax:

Oh, right! Thank you so much! The Jowo part of it rang a bell to me. I knew I had had something Jowo by Victor Olaiya before. Thanks bro.

naptu2:
This song has been covered by uncountable musicians including Art Alade (as Sisi Jowo) in the 1980s, Lieutenant Shotgun in the 1990s, OGD All Stars (Richard Mofe-Damijo and other Nollywood stars) in 2008 and in 2013 the originator, Dr Victor Olaiya, collaborated with 2Face Idibia to produce another version.

I have posted the original many times on Nairaland, but it is no longer on YouTube. Luckily, Dr Victor Olaiya remade a lot of his classic songs in 2016 and that version is still on YouTube. This is Victor Olaiya's 2016 cover of his classic 1960s song.

Victor Olaiya - Baby Jowo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_lNZbzswW4

2 Likes

Re: Today Is Art Alade's 86th Posthumous Birthday by gidjah(m): 8:46am On Dec 14, 2023
I still vividly REMEMBER D BALA MIKKER SHOW IN D 80's .. could t really fanthom much into its benefits but I know my dad's love fkr entertainment influenced me big time. 80's was a BOOM TIME WORLD WIDE.No Nudity then, but true BEAUTY RULED D SYSTEM ! Innocence was still at its peak unlike no wey Negative exposure is d order of the season.

1 Like

Re: Today Is Art Alade's 86th Posthumous Birthday by Exceed15: 8:47am On Dec 14, 2023
NightCyrax:
Amazing!

I used to think Sir Victor Olaiya is the composer of Sisi Jowo, I didn't know it was Art Alade's. Beautiful music there... may his soul continue to rest in peace.

I didn't know too.
Re: Today Is Art Alade's 86th Posthumous Birthday by Exceed15: 8:48am On Dec 14, 2023
naptu2:

Dr Victor Olaiya originally sang Baby Jowo and it has been covered many times by many musicians. Art Alade's version is called Sisi Jowo.

Thank you for the clarity.
Re: Today Is Art Alade's 86th Posthumous Birthday by Exceed15: 8:49am On Dec 14, 2023
Wow
Re: Today Is Art Alade's 86th Posthumous Birthday by Addme: 9:08am On Dec 14, 2023
Naptu2, I always wonder how old you are.
This is great.
Re: Today Is Art Alade's 86th Posthumous Birthday by olisaEze(m): 9:14am On Dec 14, 2023
If you watched the Bala Miller show that year, where u dey come from fit don far pass where u dey go for dis life! Usually aired in the evenings on the weekend, life go just tire us kids immediately we see Mr Miller's giant tall frame lifting his briefcase from his coupe to walk into the Radio Nigeria building, because all you'd be thinking is, cartoon no for make sense pass dis levels?? Unfortunately, na govt dey tell u when u go watch wetin u wan watch back then. undecided

"Welcome everybody".... "and you, and you and you and you, all the gere man!" Huh!?!!

Dis neegha would invite everyone, ladies, gentlemen even uncle & aunty in the three indigenous languages, and forget to invite us the TerraHawk & Voltron squad! And on top the disregard, ur older ones go dey tell u keep quiet! Ba yawa, if popsie no dey house na to twist the long pole antenna outside go another side! grin

Happy golden years, those days when we were all Nigerians first! cool

1 Like

Re: Today Is Art Alade's 86th Posthumous Birthday by naptu2: 9:23am On Dec 14, 2023
Dr. Darey Art Alade @dareynow

Happy 86th posthumous birthday Dad ❤️ The Great Art Alade! First of his name and kind!! Love always sir 🫡

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsfSHTMfppQ?si=NouSafuQ_saVJwek

https://twitter.com/dareynow/status/1735198549795602797

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today Is Art Alade's 86th Posthumous Birthday by hayoholla(m): 9:51am On Dec 14, 2023
It can only be naptu. What's your X handle?
Re: Today Is Art Alade's 86th Posthumous Birthday by CorperKola: 10:37am On Dec 14, 2023
naptu2:
Memories.

Getting back from church on a Sunday morning. The house is filled with the aroma of delicious food and people are playing football (and sometimes rugby) outside. Sit down to eat breakfast while watching the Art Alade Show.

(It was previously shown at night, I think at 10pm, but I can’t remember what day of the week that was).
Damn!
How old are u fam
Re: Today Is Art Alade's 86th Posthumous Birthday by gabriel66386: 11:50am On Dec 14, 2023
...and LESS NOISY...and LESS NOISY...
Re: Today Is Art Alade's 86th Posthumous Birthday by rhames(m): 6:43pm On Dec 14, 2023
naptu2:
Art Alade's performance of Sisi Jowo on the Bala Miller Show in 1983.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPZMEEUkYaE?si=w7pOKWSJ6r0e5BjV

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Alade

The Golden Generation of Nigerian Music and Entertainment. Art Alade, Ikenna Ndaguba, Sunny Otti, Bala Miller, John Chukwu, Onyeka Onwenu, Christy Essien Igbokwe (Apena), Mandy Brown Ojugbana, Mike Okri, Felix Lebarty, Chris Okotie( Same Pastor you know), Majek Fashek, Ras Kimono( aka Rasaki in Ibadan),Fela Anikulapo Kuti ( Kalakuta Republic President and Olori awon Ganja smokers Association), Tunde Kuboye and Family, Taiye And Kehinde Lijadu, Ayinde Barrister, Kolington Ayinla, Iyanda Sawaba, King Sunny Ade, Commander Ebenezer Obey, Oliver De Coque, Sir Warrior, Chief Dennis Osadebe, John Chukwu And a host of others. This Millennials musicians must go back to the old generation to learn real music.

RIP Arthur " Art" Alade
Re: Today Is Art Alade's 86th Posthumous Birthday by rhames(m): 6:50pm On Dec 14, 2023
gidjah:
I still vividly REMEMBER D BALA MIKKER SHOW IN D 80's .. could t really fanthom much into its benefits but I know my dad's love fkr entertainment influenced me big time. 80's was a BOOM TIME WORLD WIDE.No Nudity then, but true BEAUTY RULED D SYSTEM ! Innocence was still at its peak unlike no wey Negative exposure is d order of the season.

Bala Miller was a father figure to all Kaduna youths during his lifetime. So was Patrick Ityohegh and his league of "gentlemen" , Col. Tunde Sawyer (Alhaji Baba) And Claude Eke( same as Zebrudayas Jegede) on the unforgettable show Sunny Side of life. These television sitcoms United all Nigerians of all ages and tribes in that era. This touch is still missing in our everyday life.

1 Like

Re: Today Is Art Alade's 86th Posthumous Birthday by jaxxy(m): 7:01pm On Dec 14, 2023
The Bala Miller show. I remember watch this as a kid back then.
Re: Today Is Art Alade's 86th Posthumous Birthday by investigator007: 7:55pm On Dec 14, 2023
Happy post humous birthday to him..
Re: Today Is Art Alade's 86th Posthumous Birthday by naptu2: 6:05am On Dec 15, 2023
The episode of the Bala Miller Show that I am desperately searching for is the one in which Kriss Okotie was the special guest. I can't describe what he wore. You need to see it yourself.
Re: Today Is Art Alade's 86th Posthumous Birthday by Offpoint1: 7:23am On Dec 15, 2023
bassdow:

Days when Sunday Rice get special Taste and Meaning.

Wonder why they make us go to church service those days on EMPTY stomach
Lol I thought I was the only victim of going to church empty stomach 😂

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Price Hike Forces Many South Africans To Dump DSTV / #BBNaija : Fight Between Frodd And Tacha Over Who Is Smarter / Most Annoying TV Adverts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.