Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members (50023 Views)

Female Lieutenant Pours Dirty Water On Corps Member In Calabar / Female Corper's Khaki Trouser Ripped During An Exercise At NYSC Camp / Kebbi Corpers Decamped For Smoking Weed And Other Drugs At NYSC Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by Rebuker(m): 12:31pm On Dec 14, 2023
Chaos at the NYSC Abuja Camp as the Camp Commandant Allegedly Assaults Corps Members

According to an eyewitness, during the regular camp lectures, some corps members would still be at the Miami market, hoping to proceed directly to the lectures from there.

Typically, at this hour, there's a rush, with some attempting to leave promptly to avoid being caught by the military and facing punishment.

While trying to pay for his meal and leave, a corps member was confronted by the camp commandant, who began assaulting him. Without allowing the corps member to explain, Commander Timiware swiftly slapped him and hurled stones at him.

A camp market seller also fell victim to the soldier's aggression. According to the market seller, she was slapped for allowing the corps member to sit under her tent.

In reaction to this unbearable brutality, corps members left their hostels and staged a serious protest, vacating their accommodations en masse.

A worried corps member at the Abuja orientation camp disclosed that military personnel have persistently been involved in physically harming corps members, a clear breach of the rules outlined by the NYSC. These regulations explicitly forbid any military officer from subjecting corps members to physical punishment during their 21-day stay in the camp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFfq1kMDKsg

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by Rebuker(m): 12:35pm On Dec 14, 2023
The Assaulted Camp Marketer

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by Johnycastro18: 1:27pm On Dec 14, 2023
This is bad sad

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by Yankiss(m): 4:26pm On Dec 14, 2023
That's gross and unacceptable. The commandant is supposed to mete out appropriate punishment to the erring Corp member. Slapping and physical assault is not one of them. He should be withdrawn and punished accordingly. Lawless country!

134 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by Namaster: 4:27pm On Dec 14, 2023
Kill NYSC now!

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by Okiton: 4:27pm On Dec 14, 2023
cheesy
Crime is in the atmosphere

In this druggie government expect the unexpected

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by Opportuneke(m): 4:27pm On Dec 14, 2023
This is my take on this issueโ€ฆ

The military is military any day anytime ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป
Military works based on instructions and order ๐Ÿ’ฏ

Why will you be in mammy when you were supposed to be receiving lectures, ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿฝโ€โ™‚๏ธ Thatโ€™s arrant nonsense, itโ€™s indiscipline.

You donโ€™t flout orders and think there wonโ€™t be consequences.

I served as far back as 2012 in Enugu state, Udi local government precisely during the days of Sullivan Chime as the governor.

Donโ€™t come online to tell us bullshit ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ

This so called woke generation are so indiscipline and leverage on social media as a tool of defense while playing the victim card.

I pity for this generation.

Nobody will harass you if you are discipline and adhere strictly to instructions.๐Ÿ‘

After five years of postgraduate experience, I got to know how the military operates because I eventually became a member,๐Ÿ’๐Ÿฝโ€โ™‚๏ธ then you would realize that most of the things done out there are totally unacceptable because everyone tends to claim rights and freedom ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป
Visit any military formation and see for yourself, they are always organized just because thereโ€™s law and order.

๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘‰๐ŸผHowever, I detest harassment as the case may be. But the media didnโ€™t really propagate the real cause of the chaos.๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ

We have all seen the kind of society we live in,๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ moral decadence has taken over the climes.

The children of this generation ๐Ÿค”have no regards and respect for their elders all in the name of woke generation

Letโ€™s always have it at the back of our mind that without an action, there canโ€™t be reactions ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป

In as much as the camp commandant maybe redeployed for going too far, I also foresee that the corp members in question may as well face dismissal or withdrawal from camp based on indiscipline ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ

I rest my case.

Ijaya123:

Itโ€™s like you were born yesterday or youโ€™ve not seen soldier conducting themselves in other countries.

Some of you just come online and post rubbish.

You are free to speak bro.

I have spoken ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป

Charli3benkz:

Oga rest pls.
I served 2010/2011. And can categorically twll u that these military personnels only look for opportunities to show their madness on unsuspecting civilians.
Feom ur write up, u claim to be a uniform personnel yeah! And according to ur rules of engagement, u go about beating people without asking questions first?
What is exactly wrong with ur senses? So because one is in that uniform, it should be an automatic passport to madness? Lets even assume the corps member was wrong, was physically assaulting him the best way of discipline? How many serving generals have slapped u for misconduct?

Kindly go through my write โœ๐Ÿป up again, this time slowly please and without emotions ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ

Oneday82:

Your case can never rest until you say something meaningful.

You served in Enugu in 2012, what about others that served in 2004 in Ekiti and so on? Stop condoning brutality. The commandant was very to go physical on the corp member, he had no right to do that, rather he should punish him instead.

The corp members are in your custody to protect them and guide them not assault them because you are in your uniform. What stupid orders to follow.

A similar thing occurred during my time in Ekiti state, and all I got was punishment at the end of the day, they became tired and made me their friends.

Slapping someone at this time when almost all Nigerians are disappointed by this government can result in something big. As you are vetting your frustration and anger on a corp member, they are also frustrated as well.

Talking about the lectures, most agencies coming for those lectures don't keep to time, and when one is already tired of waiting and deciding to eat is when remember to call them for the lecture.

Oga, may what you wished for the corp member happen to you.

What the commandant did was wrong and should be condemned.

Kindly point out a place in my write up where I supported brutality and harassment ๐Ÿค”

Houseontherock1:

Please stop! The fact that you were assaulted(or not) during your own time does not make it right for a military man to assault a youth corper in camp...there are disciplinary channels for erring corpers and physical assault is not one of them! We don't have to take it all lying low like cowards...times have changed and people are now revolting

Was there a place I sided with harassment or brutality of any kind in my write up๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Please read again ๐Ÿคญ

numericalguy:

Joining the military in Nigeria means they must have flushed your brains down a pit latrine because even a brain dead person will not type this horseshit you just did.

People like you are the reason Nigerians look down on the military. My happiness is that you DUMMB&ST00PEED kind do not represent the generality of the military.

I really appreciate your input, of course I donโ€™t expect majority to agree with my point of view ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป

However be reminded that the same Nigerians who have refused to obey LAWS AND ORDER in their own country and decided to travel out have been compelled to obey the laws of those countries they migrated to ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Those countries we all rush to because they are developed actually got to that stage because they are disciplined and they respect laws and order. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ

Cruzmaster:

The military is not above the law. If they can't abide by the law of NYSC, they should pack their loads and leave the camp. Do you know they are enjoying quality food in the camp? They live like king while their mates are in sambisa. If they can't abide by the rules of NYSC, they have no right being there. I served in Jos. We were told to report any assault by security personnel to NYSC coordinator. We didn't witness any of this madness. We are not in Junta era. For instance, the corp member may be sick and want to eat so he can take his medication. If a soldier start assaulting him without knowing his situation, can lead to a loss of life! Again, a corp member is a federal worker just like a military personnel. So is wrong to physically assault him on that uniform. A punishment like frog jump, double-up etc should be more preferable.

You made a salient point, we are not in junta however a sick corp member should report at the sick bay where he/she will be taken care of and can as well be given a medical paper stating the conditions of his health.

Assault is never an option, the camp commandant may have gone out of the box in addressing this issue.

You just stated that you served and never witnessed such situation, exactly my point, ๐Ÿ‘ something must have transpired. Itโ€™s just unfortunate the issue is not well handled.

Talking about soldiers welfare and wellbeing as well as military operations just like you mentioned sambisa, hmmm I will like to tell you that, if you think you know anything about the military, you donโ€™t know shit.

Nigeria is gifted, Nigeriaโ€™s military is one of the strongest fighting forces on earth but there are somethings better left unsaid.

This is a discussion for another day ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป

GOD BLESS NIGERIA ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป

59 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by simplepee(f): 4:28pm On Dec 14, 2023
Nawa o
Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by mejetov422: 4:28pm On Dec 14, 2023
My own suggestion: let them scrap this NYSC (Now Your Suffer Continue)

One: they are not doing anything to improve the economy or rather than committing all sort of crime and also many of the Corps member are being killed for their own political reason, so they should scrap it. Then used the money that is allocated for that to create jobs or training centre for the just graduated students, then give them a non interest loan for them to start, that will contribute a lot to the economy.

Buh one pot belle human being go still pocket their allowee, so make them continue

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by KingLennon(m): 4:29pm On Dec 14, 2023
This is what happens in a zoo. Soldiers flex their muscles on armless civillians but can't face boko haram boys or bandits sad

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by PNomsule: 4:29pm On Dec 14, 2023
That's crazy baby
Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by Blackfire(m): 4:29pm On Dec 14, 2023
Igbo and yoruba people always causing trouble

grin

1 Like

Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by mshariff52(m): 4:29pm On Dec 14, 2023
Nigeria is a lawless country. People have been deprived of their rights. How can we move forward like this??

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by SafariHunter(m): 4:29pm On Dec 14, 2023
Gbege
Similar stuff happened in Anambra (A2)
No be small thing that night oo,even the soldiers tire

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by allen113: 4:29pm On Dec 14, 2023
I don't need to read the whole story to know that the Corp member must have been at fault.

But come to think of it military personnel at Obubra camp were nice to us back then in Cross River State.

10 Likes

Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by Pootle: 4:30pm On Dec 14, 2023
soldier 1-0 corper wee
Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by Innobee99(m): 4:30pm On Dec 14, 2023
Misuse of Power is vested in the hands of Africans.....Tuuueeh

1 Like

Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by Dwizeone: 4:30pm On Dec 14, 2023
Physical Assault is not recommended in this scenario, however the corp member can be punished. We as Nigerians always find a way to subvert the system. if you know you want to eat as an corp member and thereโ€™s a time you should be at mami market while stay there when the time is against you, the tone of the video is already justifying he was eating. Nation building requires sacrifice, unfortunately our politicians have consistent shown a bad example, everyone is emulating it to the detriment of the growth of the nation.

2 Likes

Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by TinubuThief: 4:30pm On Dec 14, 2023
sad
Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by Westman001: 4:30pm On Dec 14, 2023
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by Dididrumz(m): 4:30pm On Dec 14, 2023
NYSC kpalaba

Westman001:
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC
SCRAP NYSC

Seconded.

7 Likes

Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by Oxtertee(m): 4:30pm On Dec 14, 2023
The commandant should be deploy to sambisa ASAP without delay. why brutalizing a corp member? belike say to serve person papa land now don turn war.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by id4sho(m): 4:30pm On Dec 14, 2023
How many armed personnel are there, Dem no born their papa. Corpers protest oOoOO, no shaking, nothing go sub angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by 9jaBloke: 4:31pm On Dec 14, 2023
sad
Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by ChristianMuslim: 4:31pm On Dec 14, 2023
Coward military that lost all the whole battle they encounter are putting their aggression on corps member.. Na boko haram go kill all of una.. yeye military

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by BigBlackPreek(m): 4:31pm On Dec 14, 2023
Nigeria,wahala everywhere
Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by FreeStuffsNG: 4:31pm On Dec 14, 2023
Regimentation is key in camps. This report just indicted the Corp member and the marketer. The stone throwing allegation may not be true and can be easily denied. Soldiers use sticks to hit legs even during march training.

5 Likes

Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by Holluwhakemmy(f): 4:32pm On Dec 14, 2023
The camp commandant should be send to Sabimsa forest for punishment

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by Ikpunnegi01: 4:32pm On Dec 14, 2023
They will help us to break the Zoo easily

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kaduna Corpers Backing Their Bed Like Baby After Waking Up Late. Photos / I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee / Six Couples, 2019 Corpers Who Got Married (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.