Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,499 members, 7,830,506 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Relocation Dilemma - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocation Dilemma (505 Views)

My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job / Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) / Family Relocation Abroad! Mature Advice /input Requested! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocation Dilemma by KingsDisease(m): 1:41pm On Dec 14, 2023
I’m in bit of a fix. I studied pharmacy in Nigeria and I travelled to do my masters in the United Kingdom in 2021. I’m not yet working as a pharmacist yet because the process is quite long. However, I’m working as a dispenser on minimum wage. my mama who sponsored my studies is insisting on my coming back to Nigeria to start up a pharmacy business as well as to get married all at her own expense. In as much as I appreciate her efforts and me myself miss home but I’m very skeptical of the economic situation in Nigeria and I’m afraid the investment may go down the drain. I’m 27 years. Note that I actually prefer Nigeria but I am just afraid of the unknown especially economic situation and insecurity. I know as well there are great opportunities and potential in Nigeria than living the 9-5 working life here in Uk. I need inputs from well meaning people please
Cc: lalasticlala, justwise

1 Like

Re: Relocation Dilemma by 1TrippleCee: 1:52pm On Dec 14, 2023
Follow your mom, you won't miss road. 90% here would say otherwise. But you will be building a future, a business, a home, kids. And the processes starts early. 27 is young enough to make mistakes and correct if things don't go as planned. Trust your mum

2 Likes

Re: Relocation Dilemma by Monaboo(m): 1:53pm On Dec 14, 2023
Things are getting worse here in Nigeria everyday.

There is crazy inflation everywhere.

Pray about it and let God guide your heart.
Re: Relocation Dilemma by aieromon(m): 3:31pm On Dec 14, 2023
KingsDisease:
I’m in bit of a fix. I studied pharmacy in Nigeria and I travelled to do my masters in the United Kingdom in 2021. I’m not yet working as a pharmacist yet because the process is quite long. However, I’m working as a dispenser on minimum wage. my mama who sponsored my studies is insisting on my coming back to Nigeria to start up a pharmacy business as well as to get married all at her own expense. In as much as I appreciate her efforts and me myself miss home but I’m very skeptical of the economic situation in Nigeria and I’m afraid the investment may go down the drain. I’m 27 years. Note that I actually prefer Nigeria but I am just afraid of the unknown especially economic situation and insecurity. I know as well there are great opportunities and potential in Nigeria than living the 9-5 working life here in Uk. I need inputs from well meaning people please

What type of MSc?

If you do not have plans to complete the OSPAP conversion programme, return back to Nigeria.
Re: Relocation Dilemma by KingsDisease(m): 5:05pm On Dec 14, 2023
Getting into the program is dicey. Like a 50:50 chance. Still working towards it though
aieromon:

What type of MSc?

If you do not have plans to complete the OSPAP conversion programme, return back to Nigeria.
Re: Relocation Dilemma by AfahaAbia(m): 12:36pm On Dec 15, 2023
Sapa they catch alot of Nigerians for UK but they won't admit it!!! Many they hand to mouth for UK but they will be forming on a faceless forum. It's good you're tell the truth about the real situation in the UK. Yet those in Nigeria will be crying that they want to move to UK

1 Like

Re: Relocation Dilemma by IbeOkehie: 1:06pm On Dec 15, 2023
KingsDisease:
Cc: lalasticlala, justwise

This question has been asked in many ways on this forum since at least 2003. Why not find the relevant threads, think about trends and current conditions. 🤔 That should give you a good hint on what to do.

You can view my comment record so you can understand why I think moving back to Nigeria is a bad idea. If you have ANY hope of getting a pharmacist license in the UK, I would advise you to stay there. Unless of course you're the scion of a very wealthy family back in Nigeria. By the way I know several pharmacists in the UK, they're not complaining but I'm sure you know that already.

I worked for a Nigerian pharmacist in Baltimore MD USA. He was the owner of Broadway Pharmacy, now retired. You can look him up on the internet. Around the time I was planning to move to Nigeria he strongly advised against it.

He used to own a chain of pharmacies in Lagos BEFORE he migrated to the USA. Do I need to say more? That's why when some Anti-Japa guys here were yapping about the billions to be made in Pharmacy in Nigeria I just laughed.

grin

Anyway, do what's you think is best. Sure you can have a successful outcome in Nigeria according to whatever standard that suits you, it's just that the chances are SMALL. Inflation alone is a huge problem. Do you see the Minister of Finance just announced plans to attempt seizing all dollars held in private hands in Nigeria? That's the CLASSIC sign that a national financial system is about to break down. Go and read the RECENT happenings in Lebanon and Venezuela and Zimbabwe.

The thing is, once the Nigeria bug bites you, it's hard to shake it off. You just want to go back and enjoy 😉, yeah cheap sex and mini-god status. Trust me, I've been through it.

I sincerely wish you the best of Good Luck.

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Someone Living In Estonia / What Happens To The National Carrier Promised Before December? / Need Advise On School To Apply For My P.hd In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.