Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,662 members, 7,809,503 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

Herman Cain! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Herman Cain! (4459 Views)

Herman Cain's embarrassing Libya moment / The Powers Behind Herman Cain And Why He Will Win - 24 Minute Documentary / Black Republican Candidate Herman Cain Vs Obama In The Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herman Cain! by preselect(m): 1:18pm On Nov 01, 2011
The bomboclaat is going down. Lol. Even the black republicans will not vote for him. Not Michael steel, not Ken Blackwell and his tea party nuts will run away now grin
Re: Herman Cain! by BootyOnMe: 5:17am On Nov 02, 2011
Waste of time and energy.
No MORE blacks in the White house!
Stay in your 'black arzzze house'!
Re: Herman Cain! by thameamead(f): 12:18pm On Nov 02, 2011
BootyOnMe:

Waste of time and energy.
No MORE blacks in the White house!
Stay in your 'black arzzze house'!

your statement sounds racists to me.
Re: Herman Cain! by BootyOnMe: 12:56am On Nov 03, 2011
thameamead:

your statement sounds racists to me.

No apologies.
My prerogative. kiss
Re: Herman Cain! by meonbooty: 12:59am On Nov 03, 2011
BootyOnMe:

No apologies.
My prerogative. kiss

I agree with you, no need to apologize. You are a racist, I am a racist, we are all racists!
Re: Herman Cain! by meonbooty: 1:31am On Nov 03, 2011
BootyOnMe:

No apologies.
My prerogative. kiss

Why is your teeth so yellow?

Dont you brush? Who knows what else you dont do? You prolly dont shave down there as well? Blazay, why are you so lazy WRT your hygiene? Is that why Mr. Blazay left you?
Re: Herman Cain! by meonbooty: 1:43am On Nov 03, 2011
BootyOnMe:

No apologies.
My prerogative. kiss

Shagging? Hope your kids arent involved sha.

What am I even saying, the more the merrier?
Re: Herman Cain! by BootyOnMe: 12:51pm On Nov 05, 2011
meonbooty:

Why [size=20pt]is[/size] your [size=20pt]teeth[/size] so yellow?

Dont you brush? Who knows what else you dont do? You prolly dont shave down there as well? Blazay, why are you so lazy WRT your hygiene? Is that why Mr. Blazay left you?

Ayakata Bongo!!!
Jakande-Area-Fada-"Free Education" PRO-DOT! grin

Why IS YOUr TEETH? cry
Please, go and dig up your Pa Adedibu to send your semi-illiterate behind back to 'nusery'!
Semi-illity! grin
Re: Herman Cain! by nolongTing: 2:42pm On Nov 06, 2011
“Its baseless”, “I don't re-collect”, “I don't recall”, “I don't remember”, “Its baseless”, “I don't recall”

[flash=450,450]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX0bMsnJlCM?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash]

“I don't re-collect”, “I don't recall”, “I don't remember”,  “I don't recall”, “I don't remember”, “Its baseless”
Re: Herman Cain! by preselect(m): 11:45pm On Nov 07, 2011
Heheheheheherman Cain grin
Woman number four appears with detaiks grin
Tiger woods part 2. grin grin
Wey my pop corn wink I'm loving it cheesy
Re: Herman Cain! by BootyOnMe: 2:43am On Nov 08, 2011
The man na real ashawo!
Kei!!!
Im nefa reaash White House. . . im don do 'Lewinsky' taya!

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Even 'pubic hair for h-inside coke' too! cheesy
Re: Herman Cain! by Horus(m): 11:57am On Nov 08, 2011
All the womans filed no complaint with anyone at the time of the alleged sexual assault. They did not come forward during Cain's senatorial campaign. Why they are coming forward only today?. I wonder how much they got payed and by who?
Re: Herman Cain! by montelik(m): 4:41pm On Nov 08, 2011
^^ politics is a messy and ugly enterprise, particularly presidential politics.
Re: Herman Cain! by justwise(m): 6:14pm On Nov 08, 2011
Horus:

All the womans filed no complaint with anyone at the time of the alleged intimate assault. They did not come forward during Cain's senatorial campaign. Why they are coming forward only today?. I wonder how much they got payed and by who?

Whoever is paying them is doing it at the right time, this is the only time they will receive press attention. As long as its true and not false allegation then i don't care when they decided to speak out
Re: Herman Cain! by Basseti: 10:10pm On Nov 08, 2011
Horus:

All the womans filed no complaint with anyone at the time of the alleged intimate assault. They did not come forward during Cain's senatorial campaign. Why they are coming forward only today?. I wonder how much they got payed and by who?

Cain himself admitted to having gotten himself entangled in a $exual harassment charge during his 2003 senatorial run.

I am sure some of the women are getting prodded by some financial incentive (especially the one that came out with Gloria Allred), but that does not take away  the significance of this narrative.

Cain is yet to convince anyone that he is not a serial groper.
Re: Herman Cain! by nolongTing: 12:09am On Nov 09, 2011
Well, according to him, he did not grope he simply stood next to her and said "hey, you are the same height as my wife - she is up to my chin too." grin grin grin grin grin I can't believe he would say that in public! They should have seen this coming. now there are four women all claiming to have been harassed!

The republicans look like they are destroying themselves from within, the "tea party", could not find a viable candidate; Romney is a Mormon, Perry has ran out of steam and Cain has been tarnished - looks like an easy victory for Obama.
Re: Herman Cain! by BootyOnMe: 12:42am On Nov 09, 2011
Go Romney! cool
Obama please, pack and go.
We are sick of your 'slimy' constitution!
Typical 'Black' man! Twa!
Re: Herman Cain! by Basseti: 12:51am On Nov 09, 2011
nolongTing:

The republicans look like they are destroying themselves from within, the "tea party", could not find a viable candidate; Romney is a Mormon, Perry has ran out of steam and Cain has been tarnished - looks like an easy victory for Obama.

The 2012 election will be as tight as a g-string on a fat chick.
The antipathy for Obama surpasses the lack of trust that the conservative base have for Romney. All Romney has to do now is to stay out of the way and let the other candidates ignite themselves on fire. Once he gets the nod, he will be a more formidable opponent to Obama than most of you are making him out to be.
Re: Herman Cain! by nolongTing: 12:57am On Nov 09, 2011
Basseti:

The 2012 election will be as tight as a g-string on a fat chick.

That got me falling off the chair - nice one.  grin grin grin grin grin

Basseti:

The antipathy for Obama surpasses the lack of trust that the conservative base have for Romney. All Romney has to do now is to stay out of the way and let the other candidates ignite themselves on fire. Once he gets the nod, he will be a more formidable opponent to Obama than most of you are making him out to be.

You have a good point, I did think that Obama would struggle initially but the cain scandal and the fact that Romney is not out of sight made me come to that conclusion.  I agree Romney has got it all but that "Mormon" factor is a drawback.  However having said all that, one day is a long time in politics, there is a long way to go still.
Re: Herman Cain! by Sagaman: 1:22am On Nov 09, 2011
pres-elect:

Heheheheheherman Cain  grin
Woman number four appears with detaiks grin
Tiger woods part 2.  grin grin
Wey my pop corn wink I'm loving it cheesy

I find it hard to believe a woman who is reading and relying on a note to describe and remember the "intimate assault she experienced".

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E69P2eHXLc[/flash]

That looks like coaching and being paid to me.
Re: Herman Cain! by Basseti: 2:05am On Nov 09, 2011
Sagaman:

I find it hard to believe a woman who is reading and relying on a note to describe and remember the "intimate assault she experienced".

[flash=400,350]

Yeah, I see how easily one can view that press conference as something that was staged and orchestrated. Throw in Gloria Allred as the attorney and you have the perfect recipe for a Kim Kardashinsque reality show for the media press.

However, this still does not becloud the fact that Cain has a lot to answer to. Sexual harassment is not a light accusation and given the fact that there was a settlement, severance, agreement or wateva Mr Cain wants to call it, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
Re: Herman Cain! by Basseti: 2:11am On Nov 09, 2011
nolongTing:

That got me falling off the chair - nice one.  grin grin grin grin grin

You have a good point, I did think that Obama would struggle initially but the cain scandal and the fact that Romney is not out of sight made me come to that conclusion.  I agree Romney has got it all but that "Mormon" factor is a drawback.  However having said all that, one day is a long time in politics, there is a long way to go still.

Romney is not out of sight 'cos the base of the republican party do not trust him. Same scenario played out during the 08 elections were McCain was not the obvious choice. He still got the nomination.
However, as time draws down and all the other "anybody but Romney option" has been exhausted , they will back him up.

Democrats fall in love while republicans fall in line. Thats an old adage to remember.
Re: Herman Cain! by nolongTing: 2:41am On Nov 09, 2011
Sagaman:

[flash=400,350]

Politics is such an illogical dirty game sha! wink
Re: Herman Cain! by nolongTing: 2:45am On Nov 09, 2011
Basseti:

Romney is not out of sight 'cos the base of the republican party do not trust him. Same scenario played out during the 08 elections were McCain was not the obvious choice. He still got the nomination.
However, as time draws down and all the other "anybody but Romney option" has been exhausted , they will back him up.

Democrats fall in love while republicans fall in line. Thats an old adage to remember.

This is what I mean they just haven't got a strong enough candidate where they can mount a proper challenge. But you are right, I remember McCain was hated by the Bush family yet they still managed to put a brave face on a gave the Democrats a tough fight. Hmm, we shall see.
Re: Herman Cain! by Sagaman: 11:26am On Nov 09, 2011
Basseti:

Yeah, I see how easily one can view that press conference as something that was staged and orchestrated. Throw in Gloria Allred as the attorney and you have the perfect recipe for a Kim Kardashinsque reality show for the media press.

However, this still does not becloud the fact that Cain has a lot to answer to. intimate harassment is not a light accusation and given the fact that there was a settlement, severance, agreement or wateva Mr Cain wants to call it, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

I get your point but if it was left to me, I will take it case by case.

In my view making a move on a woman at work is not sexual harassment. It is only sexual harassment when she states she is not interested and you continue, or you use your power to impose a penalty for her not engaging sexually with you.

I am well aware a woman can claim sexual harassment based purely on being wooed and companies might choose to settle to avoid any embarassment of such claim coming out. Such claims I expect to be prominent in litigious and stressed workplaces like USA. So they paying a settlement is not sufficient until I see the accusations and what he did. I am aware you have not taken a position as you only said he has questions to answer.

If the accusers are not willing to come forward, such accusations counts little in my view. I am not really bothered about a married man hitting on women. That is between him and his wife. And I do not believe this particular accuser that came forward one jot.
Re: Herman Cain! by Basseti: 4:27pm On Nov 09, 2011
Sagaman:

I get your point but if it was left to me, I will take it case by case.

In my view making a move on a woman at work is not intimate harassment. It is only intimate harassment when she states she is not interested and you continue, or you use your power to impose a penalty for her not engaging sexually with you.

Ok?

So lets assume that the lady is telling the truth.
Is reaching down and putting ur hands up the skirt of a female colleague at work considered merely making a move or s, e, xual harassment? How about when you take a woman's head down your pants?

With ur logic, I could just drop my pants in front of a female worker and ask if she want to, if she says no and I pull up my pants then we are good, right? cheesy
Re: Herman Cain! by Basseti: 4:32pm On Nov 09, 2011
Sagaman:

I am well aware a woman can claim intimate harassment based purely on being wooed and companies might choose to settle to avoid any embarassment of such claim coming out. Such claims I expect to be prominent in litigious and stressed workplaces like USA. So they paying a settlement is not sufficient until I see the accusations and what he did. I am aware you have not taken a position as you only said he has questions to answer.

Yeah, I have not taken a position. It might be that the women are full of bs. But Mr Cain is not helping matters by flip flopping all over the place. Today he is saying he is not aware of any charges, tomorrow he is saying he knows of the charges but there was no settlement. Fast forward one hour later, he is telling us about the nature of the charges and an estimate of how much it was settled for. Haba, Mr Cain!!!!!

It is not the charges that sinks most politicians, its the cover ups. Thats what happened with Anthony Weiner.
Re: Herman Cain! by Basseti: 4:35pm On Nov 09, 2011
Sagaman:

If the accusers are not willing to come forward, such accusations counts little in my view. I am not really bothered about a married man hitting on women. That is between him and his wife. And I do not believe this particular accuser that came forward one jot.

The accuser (the first one on which the story broke) cannot come out because the NRA made her sign a non-disclosure clause.

And thats another point, I want to see Mr Cain pushing for the clause to be lifted so that all the facts can be disclosed. Right now, we really dont even know the nature of the accusations. It might be like you said , something light, or maybe something more direct. Only Mr Cain can help us know the truth here.
Re: Herman Cain! by Sagaman: 5:33pm On Nov 09, 2011
Basseti:

Yeah, I have not taken a position. It might be that the women are full of bs. But Mr Cain is not helping matters by flip flopping all over the place. Today he is saying he is not aware of any charges, tomorrow he is saying he knows of the charges but there was no settlement. Fast forward one hour later, he is telling us  about the nature of the charges and an estimate of how much it was settled for.  Haba, Mr Cain!!!!!

It is not the charges that sinks most politicians, its the cover ups. Thats what happened with Anthony Weiner.

You are right.

Basseti:

The accuser (the first one on which the story broke) cannot come out because the NRA made her sign a non-disclosure clause.

And thats another point, I want to see Mr Cain pushing for the clause to be lifted so that all the facts can be disclosed. Right now, we really dont even know the nature of the accusations. It might be like you said , something light, or maybe something more direct. Only Mr Cain can help us know the truth here.

That is dependent on if the woman did not lie in her accusations. We can't tell what is in the non-disclosure. If it is lies and exaggerations, it is best left non-disclosable.

Sometimes women and black people exploit laws like this (meant to protect them) and companies just pay up to avoid the reputational loss and damage that publicity will bring.

If she lied and he allowed disclosure, he would have to reopen a defence against false accusations he has already closed.

If he merely hit on her and she turned it into "intimate assualt", if I was a voter, I could not give a flying toss. My political stance is not influenced by infidelity. If he did the other stuff I said above, then I would worry.

I don't think he would even want to be defending himself against merely hitting on her so I can see no political capital in waiving the non-disclosure.
Re: Herman Cain! by Sagaman: 5:41pm On Nov 09, 2011
Basseti:

Ok?

So lets assume that the lady is telling the truth.
Is reaching down and putting your hands up the skirt of a female colleague at work considered merely making a move or s, e, xual harassment? How about when you take a woman's head down your pants?

With your logic, I could just drop my pants in front of a female worker and ask if she want to, if she says no and I pull up my pants then we are good, right?  cheesy 

I take it common sense will tell us exposing yourself in public can be regarded as a civic offence?

I take it common sense will tell us putting your hands on someone you are not attached to for intimate gratification is harassment?
Re: Herman Cain! by Basseti: 6:01pm On Nov 09, 2011
If he merely hit on her and she turned it into "intimate assualt", if I was a voter, I could not give a flying toss.

Neither would I.
But it wont do Herman Cain any good even if turns out he "merely" hit on her. It would make him a liar cos he already stated that there was no sexual innuendoes involved. That goes back to my previous point about the charges not being the factor but the reaction to those charges.
It speaks more to Herman Cain's character.

I don't think he would even want to be defending himself against merely hitting on her so I can see no political capital in waiving the non-disclosure.
He would be defending himself if the non disclosure thingy is not waived. Cos as long as the facts are not known, the press will keep hounding him about it and he will always find himself on the defensive which is not his strongest suit.
The political capital from Herman Cain's point of view is to make sure that the press gets back to asking him questions about his 9-9-9 plan as opposed to some allegations which he claims that never happened, then remembered but was fuzzy about the details, and then suddenly giving clear details on the issue all within 24 hrs.
Re: Herman Cain! by Sagaman: 6:28pm On Nov 09, 2011
Basseti:

If he merely hit on her and she turned it into "intimate assualt", if I was a voter, I could not give a flying toss.

Neither would I.
But it wont do Herman Cain any good even if turns out he "merely" hit on her. It would make him a liar cos he already stated that there was no intimate innuendoes involved. That goes back to my previous point about the charges not being the factor but the reaction to those charges.
It speaks more to Herman Cain's character.

If he merely hit on her and she exaggerated and claimed intimate harassment, then I am in full, unequivalent support of him lying. He is free to tell any lie to avoid discussing it.

That is no ones business except him, his wife and the woman.

I don't see the point in him admitting it and have a pack of useless press wolves feed on it (unobjectively) when it is not the public's business.

Basseti:

He would be defending himself if the non disclosure thingy is not waived. Cos as long as the facts are not known, the press will keep hounding him about it and he will always find himself on the defensive which is not his strongest suit.
The political capital from Herman Cain's point of view is to make sure that the press gets back to asking him questions about his 9-9-9 plan as opposed to some allegations which he claims that never happened, then remembered but was fuzzy about the details, and then suddenly giving clear details on the issue all within 24 hrs.

I think his political capital will be more depleted with disclosure. It is best he rides it out without any facts disclosed. The press will get bored when they have nothing new to report. They will get off his back then or when the public is bored of listening to the same ol unsubstantiated allegations.

My principles are: "When you are playing with people that will not play fair (e.g. the press and the accusers), play it muthafcking dirty like a mud fight in the First World War trenches and as unfair as a long-serving dictator organising an election."

It is a lose-lose game for him. It now only depends on scores. Does he lose 100-2 or 5-4.

He needs to be smarter with what he "remembers". I found that cringing when I watched him contradicting himself. That is more politically damaging for him in my camp than infidelity: "I can't bare fooooools". He sounded steeeeeeeeeeeeewpid!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Sad Reality Is That The Empire Is Run By Mediocre, Rude, silly, Uneducated / Us Grandmother Set To Be Executed / Iran Promises 'harsh Retaliation' After US Airstrike Kills Iranian Gen(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.