Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died (4555 Views)

Ooni Of Ife’s Spirit Knocked My Door In Nigeria On The Day He Died – Prophet / Where Was God B4 He Created Heaven And Earth? / He Thought Me Five (5) Things B4 He Died. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died by KnowAll(m): 2:03pm On Nov 01, 2011
During her eulogy to Steve Jobs, his sister Mona revealed that his last words, delivered while looking into the middle-distance, had been: ‘Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow.’
To some, these words may seem a little monosyllabic, a little too repetitive. As the inventor of the Mac, perhaps Jobs could have been expected to say something rather more startlingly apt. We can only hope that the inventor of the text message, whoever that may be, makes the effort to say ‘OMG, OMG, OMG,’ before he dies.
On the other hand, there is a simplicity and poetry to Jobs’s near-palindrome, ‘Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow.’ There

There could only be one thing that would make a man like Steve  Jobbs exclaim in wonderment, and that thing I believe would be the sights and sounds of heaven,  Steve must have caught a glimpse of a pristine heaven and in acknowledgement of what he saw he exclaimed aloud  oh wow! Oh wow!! Oh wow!!!, God is great  cool
Re: Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died by chowbaby: 3:46pm On Nov 01, 2011
^^^^Steve Jobs was an atheist. So what does it really mean? He did not proclaim Jesus his Lord and Savior and if it was heaven, then he still got in. So what dies that say? that all this religion stuff is silly. And the oh wow could have been anything, again just like the bible, you are interpreting this story in a way that suits you.
Re: Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 01, 2011
This is how lies begin,
Re: Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 01, 2011
From Steve Jobs, by Walters Isaacson

In July 1969, LIFE magazine published a shocking cover showing a pair of starving children in Biafra. Jobs took it to Sunday school and confronted the church's pastor. "If I raise my finger, will God know which one I'm going to raise even before I do it?"

The pastor answered, "Yes, God knows everything."

Jobs then pulled out the LIFE cover and asked, "Well, does God know about this and what's going to happen to those children?"

"Steve, I know you don't understand, but yes, God knows about that."

Reflecting years later on his spiritual feelings, he said that religion was as its best when it emphasized spiritual experiences rather than received dogma.
**********************************************************************************************************************

Great book, I could upload the book for anyone who's got Amaon Kindle on Android,

He continues

"The juice goes out of Christianity when it BECOMES TOO BASED ON FAITH rather than on living like Jesus or seeing the world as Jesus saw it, I think different religions are different doors to the same house. Sometimes I think the house exists, and sometimes I don't. It's the great mystery."

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=792847.msg9447017#msg9447017
Re: Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died by KnowAll(m): 7:24pm On Nov 01, 2011
Most cancer patients in most cases welcome any treatment for they don't know where d magic bullet of healing would come from. It would be foolhardy for Steve Jobbs to deny God or d existence of God in his dire and desperate moment, from feelers gotten  from d immediate family he was at peice with himself at d very end of his life having reconciled his juvenile utterances questioning d existence of God with realities off d day. Steve Jobbs having revisit his earlier stance regarding d existence of God and revoking it, I  make bold to say Steve Jobbs is in d bosom of d lord.
Re: Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died by chowbaby: 7:47pm On Nov 01, 2011
^^^^But like everything else with religion, you do not really know for sure. So, your assumption is pointless, unless it is just to make yourself feel good.
Re: Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died by KnowAll(m): 8:04pm On Nov 01, 2011
^^^^^^^^

For an American and an inventor of Steve Jobbs calibre to shout oh wow! Oh wow! He must seen something extraordinary and exciting, that something can only be heaven, definitely not hell because he would have been in anguish even b4 he left this world. We should give God d glory he is in a better place.
Re: Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died by chowbaby: 8:11pm On Nov 01, 2011
^^^It can only be heaven because that is your narrow way of thinking. It could have been anything, it could have been nothing. Was it the Christian heaven or the Muslim heaven, or a heaven you don't know about? Maybe he saw an old loved one? the maybes can go on and on. it is so silly and narrow minded to equate this to something you cannot prove. so silly. he did not believe. that is the fact. that is what we know. he was an atheist. why is it so difficult to deal in fact? why must you invent fairytales?
Re: Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died by knowjack: 8:52pm On Nov 01, 2011
Great point!!! If he did not believe in God, why do you assume that it was the Christian heaven that he was saying oh wow to? It could have been any heaven!!! But it was probably not even that.
Re: Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died by vescucci(m): 9:52pm On Nov 01, 2011
It's futile Chowbaby. Someone will soon come and state without an iota of doubt that he had an outta body experience or an NDE, pardon the pun. You need only watch Citizen Kane to know what is probably the best explanation
Re: Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died by tEsLim(m): 7:52am On Nov 02, 2011
Nope he got the greatest idea / inspiration when he was about to die. And it was a wow idea. Thats it. But couldn't just jot it down or say it for his development team to work on. Nothing like heaving unless you hallucinating or on drugs
Re: Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died by KnowAll(m): 9:50am On Nov 02, 2011
Nope he got the greatest idea / inspiration when he was about to die. And it was a wow idea. Thats it. But couldn't just jot it down or say it for his development team to work on. Nothing like heaving unless you hallucinating or on drugs

The Angels in heaven showed him technologies that are light years away, hence why he screamed oh wow! oh wow!! this one pass man oh!
Re: Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 02, 2011
KnowAll:

The Angels in heaven showed him technologies that are light years away, hence why he screamed oh wow! oh wow!! this one pass man oh!

what a mockery of a user name
Re: Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died by KnowAll(m): 11:06am On Nov 02, 2011
what a mockery of a user name

I am only tying to make you see the extremities and the out of this world superlatives that can be use to describe heaven, the streets of heaven are paved with gold, so does the bible tells us that alone is enough to make a technology freak person like Steve Jobbs scream out his last breath in wonderment. cool

The Word of the Lord says that "no one has seen, nor has anyone heard or even imagined" what Heaven will be like.(See 1 Cor 2:9 below)

In this earthly life, we use sticky tar, rocks, sand, and sometime even broken glass to pave our streets with asphalt. Pretty close to the bottom of the natural resources chain, wouldn't you say. At the top, lies precious metals and stones such a gold, platinum, silver, diamonds, etc.

If, in Heaven, the streets are made of gold, what, I ask you, IN ALL THE UNIVERSE, will the buildings be made of? As God said, you can't even imagine!

Accept Jesus as your savior and follow Him to find out.

"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.", 1 Corinthians 2:9 (KJV)
Re: Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died by KnowAll(m): 11:50am On Nov 02, 2011
Can you imagine a beautiful/Handsome Angel built like a Greek god, welcoming you to heaven with a fat diamond stone as a paltry gift ushering you into the gates of 'new Jerusalem', what would be your first reaction would you pay homage or attention to the glum people with saddened faces all sitting and standing around your death bed, looking down at you with sympathy or would you shout  “oh whao” at this beautiful Angel handing you the most exotic gem stone man has ever seen, that explain the reasons why Steve jobbs looked beyond the shoulders of his sister into this unfathomably distance that took away his breath and aptly captivated his attention.

Compare and Contrast the above with all these men who were known athiest in their last moments,

Voltaire: ‘I am abandoned by God and man…I shall go to hell.’

Thomas Paine: 'I would give worlds, if I had them, that the "Age of Reason" had never been published.  Oh, God, save me; for I am at the edge of hell alone…

Thomas Carlyle:  I am as good as without hope, a sad old man gazing into the final chasm.’

Gandhi 15 years before his death: ‘I must tell you in all humility that Hinduism, as I know it…entirely satisfies my soul, fills my whole being and I find solace in the Bhagavad and the Upanishads.’ Shortly before his death he wrote:  ‘My days are numbered, I am not likely to live much longer, perhaps a year or more…For the first time in 50 years I find myself in the slough of despond…All about me is darkness; I am praying for light.

Thomas Scott, Chancellor of England:  ‘Until this moment, I thought there was neither God nor Hell…Now I know and feel that there are both, and I am doomed to perdition by the just judgment of the Almighty

Edward Gibbon, author:  ‘All is dark and doubtful.

Mazarin, French cardinal:  ‘Oh, my poor soul!  What will become of thee?  Whither wilt thou go?

Thomas Hobbes, political philosopher and sceptic: ‘I am about to take a fearful leap into the dark.’

Sir Francis Newport, sceptic:  ‘I know I am lost forever!  Oh, that fire!  Oh, the insufferable pangs of hell!’ - This is the most graphic representaition of the realities of hell?
Re: Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 02, 2011
Where the hell did you get this quotes from? A christian magazine?
Re: Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died by KnowAll(m): 12:38pm On Nov 02, 2011
Where the hell did you get this quotes from? A christian magazine?

The quotes are widly available on the internet even in utube. undecided
Re: Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died by wetu: 10:12pm On Nov 02, 2011
He could have seen anything but let us remember that[b] even Satan has transformed himself into an angel of light[/b]. He could have seen satan in the form of an angel in order to deceive the masses that an atheist went to heaven as you guys are speculating now.

I don't know where he went but it doesn't help to speculate and it doesn't matter what he saw because even Satan can transform himself into an angel of light.
Re: Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 02, 2011
Often times, people who die often get to see their "carriers". Often 2 angels enter the room and wait for them to fully pass before lifting them and taking them where they are to go. . . often to stand before God.
Re: Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 02, 2011
Any of una don die before?
Re: Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died by aletheia(m): 12:33am On Nov 03, 2011
@KnowAll (an interesting psychological insight into your personality is provided by your moniker). . .from just six nondescript and noncommittal words; you conclude that Steve Jobs had a vision of heaven on his deathbed. It's been stated already that. . .
musKeeto:

This is how lies begin,

You cannot convince people of the existence of God by peddling rumors and lies. . .Do you belong to the pentecostal wing of "Christianity" where such mythomania finds much traction? Your cause will not be served by such methods.

@musKeeto: Please can I have a copy of the book? I have a Kindle.
Re: Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died by Nobody: 1:33am On Nov 03, 2011
aletheia:

@KnowAll (an interesting psychological insight into your personality is provided by your moniker). . .from just six nondescript and noncommittal words; you conclude that Steve Jobs had a vision of heaven on his deathbed. It's been stated already that. . .
You cannot convince people of the existence of God by peddling rumors and lies. . .Do you belong to the pentecostal wing of "Christianity" where such mythomania finds much traction? Your cause will not be served by such methods.

@musKeeto: Please can I have a copy of the book? I have a Kindle.
Here's the link. Hope no one accuses me of piracy cheesy

http://uploading.com/files/8c86d68a/Jobs%255B1%255D.mobi/
Re: Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died by aletheia(m): 1:53pm On Nov 03, 2011
^Thanks alot man! wink
Re: Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 03, 2011
very daft thread by a daft op
Re: Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died by KnowAll(m): 3:00pm On Nov 04, 2011
very daft thread by a daft op

"he who call his brother or sister a fool risk going itno ertenal damnation". Need I say more, you already know where you are going, why would you be happy about Mr Jobb's new home and abode. The devil's number 1 task is to convince as many people as possible that there is no God, no heaven or hell but those of us in the know would not fall for your cheap bait. Let us celeberate this Gentleman's life.!! cool
Re: Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died by aletheia(m): 9:27pm On Nov 04, 2011
KnowAll:

Let us celeberate this Gentleman's life.!! cool
If it is your desire to celebrate Steve Jobs' life, go ahead but please stop peddling lies and unsubstantiated stories in a vain attempt to elevate him into some sort of sainthood.
Re: Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died by Nobody: 3:56am On Nov 05, 2011
aletheia:

If it is your desire to celebrate Steve Jobs' life, go ahead but please stop peddling lies and unsubstantiated stories in a vain attempt to elevate him into some sort of sainthood.
Started reading the book?
Re: Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died by tpia5: 6:09am On Nov 05, 2011
He would have been on intensive pain meds so i'm not sure what really happened there. . . . . . . . . . . . .

I hope he was able to make peace with his roots because i think he was a bit unsettled about the circumstances of his birth though i could be wrong.
Re: Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died by mrmayor(m): 9:19am On Nov 05, 2011
[size=13pt]Steve Jobs screamed Oh Wow, when he saw there was no God, No Heaven, No Hell, No 72 Virgins! It was the Borg![/size]

1 Like

Re: Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died by aletheia(m): 4:49pm On Nov 05, 2011
musKeeto:

Started reading the book?
Not yet. Have been tied up with designing a patient registry in MS Access. Will get on it as soon as I clear my desk. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? / Why Did Eminem Live Longer Than Tupac? / Understanding Your Calling And Ministry.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.