Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice (11181 Views)

Dangote Plans London Trading Firm For Lagos Refinery / Shoprite To Leave Nigeria After 15 Years - News24 / Access Bank Approves Paternity Leave For Male Employees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Elstan20: 8:47pm On Dec 16, 2023
Hi guys my name is Ebube I finished secondary school 7year ago ever since then I have been working and saving money so I can be able to start up a business of my own currently I stay in kogi all my life but I'm from Ebonyi state .

So recently my uncle sold the family land and gave me part so currently is have some reasonable naira and I plan to leave for Lagos soon but I have little issues on how to go about. So I have nobody to help or lead me in Lagos I'm just going there on my own to start a business so my question.

1.How do I go about it ?
2. I plan on selling foodstuff ?
3. Which area and market will be conducive for
me to start this business.

Please I really need your advice . Your opinion matters alot

17 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by garriAndsugar: 8:56pm On Dec 16, 2023
Run from any advice that will involve you parting with any of the money on this platform.

I will advise you go quietly and do your findings. Foodstuffs business moves everywhere not only Lagos

101 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Meerahbel: 9:11pm On Dec 16, 2023
Dear Ebube,
It a good thing you want to start a business, but it obvious you barely have knowledge of this business.

The business has been in existence since BC and would continue be because people cannot do without food, irrespective of the economic conditions people must eat.

There are 2 branches of food business I am aware of
1. Raw food business (selling grains, rice, garti, beans, crayfish, egusi, frozen food etc)
2. Cooked food e.g Mama put or Buka as it called in local parlance

Which ever you decide, look for a mentor who's in the business in your current location, learn as much as you can before venturing into your own food business. It must not be Lagos, food business sell every where and any where.

All the best.

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Elstan20: 9:27pm On Dec 16, 2023
Meerahbel:
Dear Ebube,
It a good thing you want to start a business, but it obvious you barely have knowledge of this business.

The business has been in existence since BC and would continue be because people cannot do without food, irrespective of the economic conditions people must eat.

There are 2 branches of food business I am aware of
1. Raw food business (selling grains, rice, garti, beans, crayfish, egusi, frozen food etc)
2. Cooked food e.g Mama put or Buka as it called in local parlance

Which ever you decide, look for a mentor who's in the business in your current location, learn as much as you can before venturing into your own food business. It must not be Lagos, food business sell every where and any where.

All the best.
I want to leave my current location due to circumstances which I can't control and moreover business here is very slow

And I want to deal on raw and not cooked food

14 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Nicepoker(m): 10:11pm On Dec 16, 2023
You want to go and add to an already populated Lagos. Go back to ebonyi your state and establish a rice farm with that money.

131 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by thesicilian: 10:17pm On Dec 16, 2023
Easterners and Lagos

91 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by ShinjaWWest: 10:33pm On Dec 16, 2023
Lagos be like London to Igbo people...

Anyway God bless the good people of Southsouth and Southwest

102 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Komoscofield: 10:34pm On Dec 16, 2023
please it's not worth it going to Lagos at this time to start a food business when you can invest that amount on Rice farming or agriculture in your Ebony state and take the finished/Milled rice/agricultural produce to Lagos or other market for sale.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by merit455(m): 10:47pm On Dec 16, 2023
Let's play 2odd with the money

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Elstan20: 11:01pm On Dec 16, 2023
Nairaland is just full of frustrated citizens sha I won't blame any of you . Keep your advice coming please

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Ekemini11: 12:26am On Dec 17, 2023
Elstan20:
Hi guys my name is Ebube I finished secondary school 7year ago ever since then I have been working and saving money so I can be able to start up a business of my own currently I stay in kogi all my life but I'm from Ebonyi state .

So recently my uncle sold the family land and gave me 1.5million naira so currently is have 2.5M naira and I plan to leave for Lagos soon but I have little issues on how to go about. So I have nobody to help or lead me in Lagos I'm just going there on my own to start a business so my question.

1.How do I go about it ?

There are lots of Ebonyi people in Lagos and Ogun. Hide that your money for some time and meet one of those rice sellers to teach you the business for a month before you start your own.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by eleniyan2020: 12:44am On Dec 17, 2023
Elstan20:
Nairaland is just full of frustrated citizens sha I won't blame any of you . Keep your advice coming please
is just because lagos do not need more developer...go start rice plantation in ebonyi state!

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Dikastan: 1:46am On Dec 17, 2023
Come to Onitsha and do the business,Lagos is over hyped. We have markets and the population here in Onitsha to give you bumper sale. Lagos will frustrate you with endless demolition of markets and tribalistic discrimination. In case you later decided to go to Lagos,never you invest one Kobo there. Don't ever buy land there even if they are selling it five naira. Do your business and think home. If you want to come to Onitsha,I will assist you without collecting Kobo from you.

49 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Meerahbel: 3:47am On Dec 17, 2023
Elstan20:
I want to leave my current location due to circumstances which I can't control and moreover business here is very slow

And I want to deal on raw and not cooked food
Good morning, your learn first before you earn. If you go to Lagos, you don't have anyone to stay with or even learn the trade from unlike your current location, you are obviously a green horn and need a mentor in this business you want to venture into.
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by online4business: 6:41am On Dec 17, 2023
Elstan20:

So recently my uncle sold the family land and gave me 1.5million naira so currently is have 2.5M naira and I plan to leave for Lagos soon but I have little issues on how to go about. So I have nobody to help or lead me in Lagos I'm just going there on my own to start a business so my question.

1.How do I go about it ?

Ebube ebube ebube na three times I call you ooo.

Go ebonyi buy bag of rice from mill come sell for kogi

If you follow my advice in two to three years you can travel to Lagos to do holiday.

House for kogi and Lagos 50-150 na face me I face you ooo.

Shop rent for kogi highest 100k Lagos go manage 400k

Security for kogi na to buy ogogoro for them #2000 highest Lagos you go pay police pay area boys pay security you to pay pay pay pay yet boys to still be boys.

Your 2.5m go finish before you even start the business sef.

40 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by NFBI: 7:47am On Dec 17, 2023
I dreaded Lagos i never see a place so crowded

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Rexymania(m): 8:08am On Dec 17, 2023
Be careful, you talk too much. Some people will want to dump you of that money. Just be careful. You shouldn't have made mention of the amount with you

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Rejouir: 9:15am On Dec 17, 2023
Anybody who tell you, he will show you how to start, Bro run o! People are hungry in this lagos. Forget all this hype about lagos. It's criminals are much in lagos. And shop rent is so expensive, same as house rent. You better establish yourself at that ebonyi. Lagos is overhyped. Most people living in Lagos are either into fraud or prostitution.

9 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by 1x2x3: 9:56am On Dec 17, 2023
Elstan20:

1.How do I go about it ?

You don't need any of those. Here is my advise which won't cost you much.

Forget about going to Lagos. Stay where you are if it would help you keep expense at the barest minimum. If you are not computer literate then go and register and learn all the basics, this won't cost you more than 20k.

Afterwards, go and learn a digital skill then get a laptop and venture into freelancing.

All your expenses won't be more than 300-400K.

DON'T MOVE ANYWHERE WITHOUT A SOLID ROADMAP.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Elstan20: 10:40am On Dec 17, 2023
online4business:

Ebube ebube ebube na three times I call you ooo.

Go ebonyi buy bag of rice from mill come sell for kogi

If you follow my advice in two to three years you can travel to Lagos to do holiday.

House for kogi and Lagos 50-150 na face me I face you ooo.

Shop rent for kogi highest 100k Lagos go manage 400k

Security for kogi na to buy ogogoro for them #2000 highest Lagos you go pay police pay area boys pay security you to pay pay pay pay yet boys to still be boys.

Your 2.5m go finish before you even start the business sef.

All you said are lies I didn't remember telling you I want to go to a high market place I will go to where my money can start something
Not all places in Lagos has thier shop rent ranging from 400k na lie and not all houses in Lagos has their rent ranging from 150k too so stop with the unnecessary hype man .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Elstan20: 10:41am On Dec 17, 2023
Dikastan:
Come to Onitsha and do the business,Lagos is over hyped. We have markets and the population here in Onitsha to give you bumper sale. Lagos will frustrate you with endless demolition of markets and tribalistic discrimination. In case you later decided to go to Lagos,never you invest one Kobo there. Don't ever buy land there even if they are selling it five naira. Do your business and think home. If you want to come to Onitsha,I will assist you without collecting Kobo from you.

Lol how am I supposed to trust you ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by online4business: 10:46am On Dec 17, 2023
Elstan20:

All you said are lies I didn't remember telling you I want to go to a high market place I will go to where my money can start something
Not all places in Lagos has thier shop rent ranging from 400k na lie and not all houses in Lagos has their rent ranging from 150k too so stop with the unnecessary hype man .
Safe journey brotherly greet sanwolu and mc oluomo for me ooo.

20 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by illicit(m): 10:50am On Dec 17, 2023
Which business are u into presently
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Elstan20: 12:09pm On Dec 17, 2023
illicit:
Which business are u into presently

I have been representing as a sales boy in a supermarket for 6years now
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Dikastan: 12:32pm On Dec 17, 2023
Elstan20:

Lol how am I supposed to trust you ?
U don't need to trust me. I believe you must have a brother or relation in Onitsha,they can as well assist you in getting apartment and shop

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Elstan20: 12:47pm On Dec 17, 2023
Dikastan:

U don't need to trust me. I believe you must have a brother or relation in Onitsha,they can as well assist you in getting apartment and shop

But are you into business at onitsha too ?
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by LooneyLester: 1:27pm On Dec 17, 2023
Go back to your village

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by HugeElephant(f): 2:53pm On Dec 17, 2023
ShinjaWWest:
Lagos be like London to Igbo people...

Anyway God bless the good people of Southsouth and Southwest
Denrele. Naa you be this grin grin

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Charmingrascal(m): 3:21pm On Dec 17, 2023
Ebube is going to Lagos when some Igbos without any tangible investment in Lagos are telling Igbos to go back to the East?
Make I no talk shocked

Eko Ile, oversea awon omo Igbo!!

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Kaido: 3:28pm On Dec 17, 2023
Why Lagos dey sweet my people like this? cheesy

Move raw foodstuffs from North to East or the riverine areas

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Gadafii: 4:15pm On Dec 17, 2023
What business do you want to run and what’s your craft if you have any

And if your business yield reault where you are presently, you dint necessarily have to relocate to Lagos. You can come and spend few times and get used to the Lagos life and decide if that’s where you really wanna be, Lagos is a tough area, not meant for the Lilly liveried or one who can’t adapt to new environments quickly, otherwise dem go run you streets steady before your eyes go clear, you go di. Part with half of your money before your eyes go clear

So but since you don’t have any one In Lagos yet I advise you don’t be in a rush to move to Lagos my bro

Houses in Lagos are fucking expensive except in places like ikorodu which seems to be in the outskirts of Lagos

In the mainland and the island, house rent are killing and the spaces and the conditions are not even worth such huge rent paid

So if you have enough cash I would have advised you come to Lagos and lodge in a low budget or mid hotels for like a week and use the opportunity to grace around Lagos and have a glimpse of what goes on in Lagos, a week is not enough to learn the Lagos but that will give you a solid idea of Lagos, best of luck

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Elstan20: 8:11pm On Dec 17, 2023
[quote author=Gadafii post=127530689]What business do you want to run and what’s your craft if you have any

And if your business yield reault where you are presently, you dint necessarily have to relocate to Lagos. You can come and spend few times and get used to the Lagos life and decide if that’s where you really wanna be, Lagos is a tough area, not meant for the Lilly liveried or one who can’t adapt to new environments quickly, otherwise dem go run you streets steady before your eyes go clear, you go di. Part with half of your money before your eyes go clear

So but since you don’t have any one In Lagos yet I advise you don’t be in a rush to move to Lagos my bro

Houses in Lagos are fucking expensive except in places like ikorodu which seems to be in the outskirts of Lagos

In the mainland and the island, house rent are killing and the spaces and the conditions are not even worth such huge rent paid

So if you have enough cash I would have advised you come to Lagos and lodge in a low budget or mid hotels for like a week and use the opportunity to grace around Lagos and have a glimpse of what goes on in Lagos, a week is not enough to learn the Lagos but that will give you a solid idea of Lagos, best of luck [/quote

I got up too 2M and above is it enough?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Loya Milk Promo Scam / Oil Price Rise To $46 Per Barrel- PunchNg / Naira Gains Against Dollar To N375/$

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.