Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,676 members, 7,955,490 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:27 AM

Convert Your Compatible Nokia Phone Into A Hotspot! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Convert Your Compatible Nokia Phone Into A Hotspot! (3409 Views)

Starting Up A Hotspot Zone / Is It Possible To Use A Nokia Phone To Send Mtn Bis Subscription Code? / How To Unlock A Micro Sd 1gb Memory Card (nokia Phone) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Convert Your Compatible Nokia Phone Into A Hotspot! by COMPAQ(m): 4:05pm On Nov 01, 2011
Guys, just discoverd this and thought to share.

If you have a compatible nokia phone (one of the newer smartphones from E71 era) you can download the app from www.joiku.com and it turns your phone into a hotspot. There is the free version and the paid version which enables you to block people and know eho else is connecting to you signal. For the free version, you can't stop others from connecting to your signal. The only disadvantage is that your phone will get hot with continous use and the battery will die pretty fast, so it's a good idea to have it plugged into the mains, otherwise, I haven't had any issues with it. It works as fast as the modem itself would.

The advantage if this is that you can then have only one data plan on your phone and use it on your laptop and tablet wirelessly. Also you don't need to buy a Mifi device, which saves you about N25k if you were thinking of buying one.

I get the impression that most people don't know about this and I thought to share.

Ciao!
Re: Convert Your Compatible Nokia Phone Into A Hotspot! by seunlayi(m): 7:10pm On Nov 02, 2011
good
Re: Convert Your Compatible Nokia Phone Into A Hotspot! by slick708(m): 10:14pm On Nov 03, 2011
hello compaq,pls i'd like 2 no if i can use d application in ma nokia X2 phone. thanx
Re: Convert Your Compatible Nokia Phone Into A Hotspot! by COMPAQ(m): 3:19pm On Nov 04, 2011
unfortunately x2 isn't listed on their website. X5, X6 and X7 are though.

(1) (Reply)

Neat UK Used Lenovo T430s Intel Core i7, 1GB Dedicated Graphics @65k Only / How To Copy MP3 From Computer To Phone / Speed-up Your Freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.