Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,515 members, 7,816,250 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Mtn Is Stealing From Me? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Is Stealing From Me? (4759 Views)

MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out / MTN Is Giving Free 1GB DATA / Airtel Is Stealing Credits-i Lost 3k In Two Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Is Stealing From Me? by Orikinla(m): 11:02pm On Nov 01, 2011
How else should I describe what I am seeing daily? I see the amount in my credit reducing when I did not make any call or I did not send any message. So, why is MTN deducting money from your credit when you did not even use the phone?
Re: Mtn Is Stealing From Me? by Mavor: 9:24am On Nov 02, 2011
Are you using it to browse?
Re: Mtn Is Stealing From Me? by LordReed(m): 10:04am On Nov 02, 2011
Check and see if none of your apps is accessing the Internet without you knowing or you use 2go.
Re: Mtn Is Stealing From Me? by Orikinla(m): 12:30pm On Nov 02, 2011
I mean this happens when I have not used it to call or send any message. I checked my balance and noted the amount left. Then minutes later, the amount has reduced.
Re: Mtn Is Stealing From Me? by ajekpaks(m): 1:33pm On Nov 02, 2011
This same shitt happened to me just yesterday, I had N349 on my my phone and the next minute I made a call and just before it conneceted I heard the "your account balance is low, please load an only one cardI don't know the craap the say here, Well I thought it was a mistake or my ears were decieving me, I went on to make the call and as soon as I finished, I checked again, Only to see, N5.34K, shocked shocked shocked I mean I was shocked, I already subscribed to monthly data plan so no, it's not my phone apps running without me knowing and men which phone app would drain over N300 in 60seconds??
Re: Mtn Is Stealing From Me? by walcolm(m): 7:09am On Nov 03, 2011
what type of phone do u use?
Re: Mtn Is Stealing From Me? by LordReed(m): 11:05am On Nov 03, 2011
Also check if you are using MTN Backup that is simply a credit 'chopper'.
Re: Mtn Is Stealing From Me? by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 03, 2011
[size=14pt]Abeg, who will bell this cat called MTN?

Yesterday, i called 0700GTCONNECT from my phone. The call never initiated but wham!. . . 100 naira disappeared!. . .[/size]
sad
Re: Mtn Is Stealing From Me? by kellynoah: 12:03pm On Nov 03, 2011
It's a sign of END TIME,if ur credit is missing now, dats a warning for u to repent 4rm all ur sin, else very soon ur phone will miss wit de credit.
Re: Mtn Is Stealing From Me? by iaabc(f): 12:08pm On Nov 03, 2011
Once you activate a bundle plan on your phone, you are in trouble o, because when it finishes, you are automatically charged per kb whether you like it or not. I had cause to go to the MTN office after making several unresolved calls to their service line. My question was, if i can acitvate the bundle why cant i have the liberty of deactivating when i dont want to use it, and they couldnt give me an adequate answer. Their suggestion which is what i do is to scramble the APN on my phone, that way background apps cant connect to the internet and I still have my credit.
Re: Mtn Is Stealing From Me? by begwong: 12:17pm On Nov 03, 2011
mtn are desperately looking for money to lure winners of dia bogus 1billion naira promo. can u imagine dia credits are sold now by retailers with an additional 10 in some cities,not to talk of villages where it is sold wit 20naira on top of d face value!
Re: Mtn Is Stealing From Me? by born2boink(m): 12:26pm On Nov 03, 2011
walcolm:

what type of phone do u use?
maybe he is using Shinko blackberry
Re: Mtn Is Stealing From Me? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 03, 2011
kellynoah:

It's a sign of END TIME,if your credit is missing now, dats a warning for u to repent 4rm all your sin, else very soon your phone will miss wit de credit.
[size=14pt]Smh!. . . I know it's a joke. But why am i not laughing?[/size]
Re: Mtn Is Stealing From Me? by alex406(m): 12:56pm On Nov 03, 2011
kellynoah:

It's a sign of END TIME,if your credit is missing now, dats a warning for u to repent 4rm all your sin, else very soon your phone will miss wit de credit.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Our sin too much tru tru.
Re: Mtn Is Stealing From Me? by KacHemNaU(m): 1:02pm On Nov 03, 2011
I left mtn a long time ago because of their wahala. U should too@poster
Re: Mtn Is Stealing From Me? by Godkan: 1:05pm On Nov 03, 2011
mtn is the devourer in the comminaction industry whose main agenda is to rip off nigerians by any means neccessary. My advise to you is to change your service provider. Etisalat to me is more suited in this regard.
Re: Mtn Is Stealing From Me? by 1forall: 1:08pm On Nov 03, 2011
ajekpaks:

This same shitt happened to me just yesterday,  I had N349 on my my phone and the next minute I made a call and just before it conneceted I heard the "your account balance is low, please load an only one cardI don't know the craap the say here

'Please load an all-in-one card', don't know if they still do but that's how they referred to their recharge cards in their early days.
Re: Mtn Is Stealing From Me? by Sijo01(f): 1:15pm On Nov 03, 2011
MTN is a bundle of thief. jst last week my glo modern was loosing  network so i decided to use my MTN & i subscribe 4instant package (100), i was having 265+ on my phone. my credit was cleared &uptill now d fraudster company has nt credited me wit any megabyte.
Re: Mtn Is Stealing From Me? by Basics007: 2:15pm On Nov 03, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]Smh!. . . I know it's a joke. But why am i not laughing?[/size]
Cos the joke was of the bonga fish variety 'too dry'. I tried to laugh too but the thing got stuck somewhere btw my belly and throat
Re: Mtn Is Stealing From Me? by Gbenge77(m): 2:27pm On Nov 03, 2011
Talk about magical deductions
Re: Mtn Is Stealing From Me? by kholis(m): 3:07pm On Nov 03, 2011
MTN is like PDP. Nothing good can come out of it.
Re: Mtn Is Stealing From Me? by tellwisdom: 3:12pm On Nov 03, 2011
Is not that any of you had spent upto 200naira that u decided to DISTURB us here undecided undecided
Re: Mtn Is Stealing From Me? by Decryptor(m): 4:19pm On Nov 03, 2011
Anybody still using MTN as a service provider for either telephony or internet is synonymous to someone who deliberately puts on a leather jacket on a very hot day while sipping hot water. Clear case of Insanity and self-induced punishment
Re: Mtn Is Stealing From Me? by ayusman16(m): 4:29pm On Nov 03, 2011
Decryptor:

Anybody still using MTN as a service provider for either telephony or internet is synonymous to someone who deliberately puts on a leather jacket on a very hot day while sipping hot water. Clear case of Insanity and self-induced punishment

You are simply unbelievable and should be flogged. Probably that is why the time u made your post was 4:19pm
Re: Mtn Is Stealing From Me? by Odunnu: 4:35pm On Nov 03, 2011
Just check your apps.
Re: Mtn Is Stealing From Me? by Decryptor(m): 4:36pm On Nov 03, 2011
ayusman16:

You are simply unbelievable and should be flogged. Probably that is why the time u made your post was 4:19pm

There is no sense in your comment at all! The more reason YOU SHOULD BE FLOGGED!!
Re: Mtn Is Stealing From Me? by ayusman16(m): 4:38pm On Nov 03, 2011
Decryptor:

There is no sense in your comment at all! The more reason YOU SHOULD BE FLOGGED!!

You just want awoof money. Dude try make u go find work.
Re: Mtn Is Stealing From Me? by YomiKaycee: 4:43pm On Nov 03, 2011
Had a similar experience too where i lost about 3K and was told some cock n bull stories about applications on the phone (BB touch) when i complained in their office though was refunded with N400.  A friend (staff) even helped but to no avail so i switched to Airtel and ever since, i havent experienced such miraculous disapperance of my credit balance.  In my own case, na 0.00 i dey always see for my phone even when not in use.

MTN is a fruad as far as I am concerned.
Re: Mtn Is Stealing From Me? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 03, 2011
ayusman16:

Oga BILL GATES. I wonder what the agression is for. Are you an MTN puppet in disguise?
Re: Mtn Is Stealing From Me? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 03, 2011
tellwisdom:

Is not that any of you had spent upto 200naira that u decided to DISTURB us here undecided undecided
Who be this one again? All these faceless billionaires sef.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Solution To Mtn Tethering Blackberry.net For Android Users Only / Tecno Boom J7 Versus Infinix Hot Note X551 / Xiaomi: I Am Being Attacked For Exposing The Brand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.