Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Wisdom Onyekwere: 12-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Wisdom Onyekwere: 12-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos (20227 Views)

Woman Declares Her Husband, Martins Mugwe, Missing In Lagos / Abdulmateen Yahya: 13-Year-Old Boy Missing For 3 Weeks In Lagos (Photo) / Yeshua Udosen: 18-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lekki (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wisdom Onyekwere: 12-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos by NaijaCover(m): 4:59am On Dec 22, 2023
A Lagos-based middle-aged man, Onyekwere Chijioke, has cried out to Nigerians to help in finding the whereabouts of his 12-year-old son, Wisdom Onyekwere, who was said to have gone missing in Lagos since November 26, 2023.

PUNCH Metro gathered that Wisdom, a Senior Secondary School 1 student, disappeared in their house at 48 Ijesha Road, Ikate Local Council Development Area of Lagos State.

According to Onyekwere, he and the boy attended a programme in the church, and when they returned home late at night that Sunday, he went into the bathroom to freshen up, but upon coming back to sit for dinner, he noticed his child’s absence in the room.

He said he afterwards became apprehensive and started looking out for him.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the unfortunate incident happened around 9:35 pm on November 26.

Onyekwere, who hails from Imo State, lamented the sudden disappearance of his child while noting that the situation had caused distress in his family.

The distraught father said the case of a missing person was reported three days after the incident at the Itire Police Station, Lagos. However, he disclosed that up to this moment, the whereabouts of his child had yet to be ascertained.

“When we came back from church, I went to the bathroom and when I came out, I couldn’t find him in the room. I was so worried and started looking for him. I thought he was outside with other children, and for three days, I didn’t know his whereabouts. I could not find my phone either. When I called it, for some time, it was reachable, but now, it isn’t going through anymore.

“On November 29, I went to make a report at the police station, and from that day, I’ve been going to the police station. I want people to be aware of this so that they can also help me to search for his whereabouts,” the father said.

Onyekwere said when he contacted his estranged wife to ask of the boy’s whereabouts, she maintained that the boy was not with her, as she asserted that he (Wisdom) had always been in his care.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, could not be reached for reaction as calls made to his phone rang out, and a message sent to his line was yet to be responded to as of the time of filing this report.

Source: https://punchng.com/father-cries-for-help-as-12-year-old-child-goes-missing-in-lagos/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wisdom Onyekwere: 12-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos by NaijaCover(m): 5:00am On Dec 22, 2023
Have You Seen This Missing Boy In LAGOS?

Don't Forget, NâijaCover Bring This Sad News
Re: Wisdom Onyekwere: 12-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos by Wawelexy(m): 5:38am On Dec 22, 2023
May he be found in one piece by God's grace, amen.... People need to be more vigilant this period, evil people are lurking around every corner looking for their victims, especially the vulnerable people like children, ladies.. may God continue to protect every good people out there

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wisdom Onyekwere: 12-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos by Ahmed0336(m): 6:45am On Dec 22, 2023
Damn!!!!
May he be found and returned in good health. 🙏

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wisdom Onyekwere: 12-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos by Jennyclay(f): 7:57am On Dec 22, 2023
May he be found complete and alive

19 Likes

Re: Wisdom Onyekwere: 12-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos by Skillsnigeria: 8:16am On Dec 22, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Wisdom Onyekwere: 12-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos by Jewessgratitud3: 8:16am On Dec 22, 2023
May he be found alive in Jesus name.

12 Likes

Re: Wisdom Onyekwere: 12-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos by Eduadolero(f): 8:16am On Dec 22, 2023
May he be found alive

6 Likes

Re: Wisdom Onyekwere: 12-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos by sukkot: 8:16am On Dec 22, 2023
undecided
Re: Wisdom Onyekwere: 12-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos by TimFisher2: 8:16am On Dec 22, 2023
angry

They should use clearer pics and circulate as soon as possible

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wisdom Onyekwere: 12-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos by jojothaiv(m): 8:16am On Dec 22, 2023
I hope he's back home soonest.

Reminds me of Tayo, who went missing on the 26th December, 2006 and up till now, we only hang on straw of hopes but to be honest with myself, I've let go of the past...

1 Like

Re: Wisdom Onyekwere: 12-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos by SharingIsLife(m): 8:17am On Dec 22, 2023
A lot happening.

“When we came back from church, I went to the bathroom and when I came out, I couldn’t find him in the room. I was so worried and started looking for him. I thought he was outside with other children, and for three days, I didn’t know his whereabouts. I could not find my phone either. When I called it, for some time, it was reachable, but now, it isn’t going through anymore.

Looks like the boy stole his father's phone and ran away to go and sell it.

3 Likes

Re: Wisdom Onyekwere: 12-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos by D4gmail1: 8:17am On Dec 22, 2023
I declare he will be found safe, sound and healthy.

4 Likes

Re: Wisdom Onyekwere: 12-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos by bigdammyj: 8:17am On Dec 22, 2023
May he be back alive.

1 Like

Re: Wisdom Onyekwere: 12-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos by bewisemasses: 8:18am On Dec 22, 2023
You just begin to wonder where the lad cud be at this point. Just exactly what cud have happened. U have to symphathize wit d father. The thoughts runnjng thru his mind now can make one go crazy. Lord lead us not into temptation but deliver us from all evil

1 Like

Re: Wisdom Onyekwere: 12-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos by Mindlog: 8:19am On Dec 22, 2023
"The distraught father said the case of a missing person was reported three days after the incident at the Itire Police Station, Lagos. However, he disclosed that up to this moment, the whereabouts of his child had yet to be ascertained".........reporting a missing child after 3 days, is so irresponsible of the father.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wisdom Onyekwere: 12-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos by Creamypie(m): 8:21am On Dec 22, 2023
He will be found, and alive. Meanwhile, organ harvesters(kidney) are on the prowl oh. Most mutilated bodies with head missing are actually kidney harvesting. The missing head or heart is just a diversion
Re: Wisdom Onyekwere: 12-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos by Totilopussylick(m): 8:22am On Dec 22, 2023
sad

This one skull go done reach Ogun state

1 Like

Re: Wisdom Onyekwere: 12-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos by money121(m): 8:24am On Dec 22, 2023
Chaii
Re: Wisdom Onyekwere: 12-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos by temmyejo: 8:25am On Dec 22, 2023
The "estranged" wife?

Fear that gender o!

4 Likes

Re: Wisdom Onyekwere: 12-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos by FitCorper: 8:25am On Dec 22, 2023
God I pray he is found back in one piece. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Wisdom Onyekwere: 12-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos by Peter532: 8:25am On Dec 22, 2023
post=127566791:
Have You Seen This Missing Boy In LAGOS?

Don't Forget, NâijaCover Bring This Sad News
you sound so happy, you should be investigated

1 Like

Re: Wisdom Onyekwere: 12-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos by cybergawd: 8:28am On Dec 22, 2023
He called his "Estranged" wife to ask if she knew the boy's whereabouts.... Women can drag for kids... especially when it's one "mumu" kid. He better ask her well o. I suspect foul play!!

Mindlog:
"The distraught father said the case of a missing person was reported three days after the incident at the Itire Police Station, Lagos. However, he disclosed that up to this moment, the whereabouts of his child had yet to be ascertained".........reporting a missing child after 3 days, is so irresponsible of the father.

4 Likes

Re: Wisdom Onyekwere: 12-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos by Atom007(m): 8:29am On Dec 22, 2023
Someone close to the family must be behind it. The enstranged wife is number 1 suspect. Trust nobody. Bi iku ile O pa ni to de o le pa

3 Likes

Re: Wisdom Onyekwere: 12-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos by Chibuzoripob: 8:29am On Dec 22, 2023
sad November 26 to Dec 22 sad undecided.Nah family thing undecided. The 12 years old boy can't just stroll out like that.Kwenu ooo sad sad sad
Re: Wisdom Onyekwere: 12-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos by churro: 8:33am On Dec 22, 2023
TimFisher2:
angry

They should use clearer pics and circulate as soon as possible

Cos He can't find his phone, probably.

2 Likes

Re: Wisdom Onyekwere: 12-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos by AbuTwins: 8:34am On Dec 22, 2023
May he be seen hale and hearty!

Make parents take adequate care of their wards!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Video Of Lagos Police Destroying Shrines In Ikorodu / Mother Of Missing Baby Narrates How Nurse, Woman Stole Her Baby In Kogi [PHOTOS] / 3 Suspected Kidnappers Shot Dead In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.