Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom (25993 Views)

My Wife Wants To Kill Me. What Should I Do? / My Wife Wants Me To Beg For Intercourse / My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by darealez(m): 8:28am On Dec 24, 2023
Bro, face life.. get the car and care for your baby. Rice go show next year!! Life's in stages, don't get stretched into making unplanned decisions. No need to show off.. also plan for unexpected expenses..

1 Like

Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Aklee4994(m): 8:31am On Dec 24, 2023
Nazgul:

Did you read the part where he said he's not getting anything for his own mom. Besides the wife has elder siblings who can take it upon themselves to contribute money to get their mother rice even if it's 25kg. If they choose not to do so why should he?
Look the moniker you quote na offpoint him no Dey ever serious with his comment
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Trustmea: 8:44am On Dec 24, 2023
Offpointng:

But OP you did not try, you have a whooping sum of 1.7m I see no reason why you shouldn't allow ur mother in law have atleast 1m outta the money. and since the budget for the baby is 400k, you'd be left with 300k. Man you'll still have alot at ur disposal
🤣 Funny
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Ubanz: 8:47am On Dec 24, 2023
Everyone is just talking, no one knows how long it took him to save that much.
It's not mandatory that u should send anyone anything,what is mandatory is the bride price u paid.

When your wife delivers safely your mother in-law would still visit ,you can gift her a bag of rice & any other things u can afford.

If u tamper with the money now ur so called in-laws will make mockery of u if God forbid ur wife has complications during delivery.

Some years ago my friend lost his wife because he couldn't raise the required amount for CS on time.she died before the twin boys were rescued. It was so unfortunate that weeks after my friend discovered where his wife hid some 100's of 1000's of Naira.

Don't listen to anybody telling you to tamper with ur savings,afterall it's Jesus birthday not theirs.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by yemmit90: 8:47am On Dec 24, 2023
Valoromega:

I've thought about this and it's a very good reason. I won't lie, when it comes to my pregnant wife and the baby, my mother inlaw will go through hell for them. When the baby is born she will be the one to do the caring. I think I'll sacrifice 100k to buy the rice and other things for both my mom and my mother in law. But I tell me wife I bought it on credit ( the seller is close to us)

Don't mind those who are advising you not to buy anything for your parent and inlaw. This is a season of love, I've personally gives items to 2 widows I knew, my parents, inlaw and my former sale girl. I am not rich but this is what I do every year( though this year gifts were not robust). Since you are not totally broke, you can manage to get them something with just 50k or even less, they will appreciate it than nothing.

Country is hard, only a fool will not appreciate little you give, so do what you can afford.

1 Like

Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by betfair(m): 8:49am On Dec 24, 2023
Valoromega:
My wife and I are expecting our first child, so currently I'm saving up money before the baby comes, we are also trying to get baby things of almost 400k.

But she wants me to buy Christmas rice for her mom. I've already decided that I'm not buying anything for anyone this December, including my own mom. But she wants me to buy for her mom which I refused becauze my baby is more important.
Mind you, she has elder ones who can't even get anything for their mom this December (she's the youngest). I just lied to her that I'm broke and I don't have any money. But I have close to 1.7 million which I want I to save for the baby and also get a car for when the baby comes.

I'm I making the right decision by ignoring everyone this December or should I take like 100k and just buy a bag of rice and share to the mom.

Personally I don't want to spend a dime on anyone because my child is the most important thing right now
better go and buy the rice for her..wont she be the one to come take care of your baby and wife after she gave birth?
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by 10kgod(m): 8:50am On Dec 24, 2023
Learning...
Will be right back
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Timiblanko(m): 8:52am On Dec 24, 2023
Offpointng:

But OP you did not try, you have a whooping sum of 1.7m I see no reason why you shouldn't allow ur mother in law have atleast 1m outta the money. and since the budget for the baby is 400k, you'd be left with 300k. Man you'll still have alot at ur disposal

I wanted to talk until I saw your Monica/Name 😂
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Sucre7: 8:52am On Dec 24, 2023
Edusouls:
is the wife is not a human being ? She should squeeze out the money and buy the rice for her mum eehhh, must a man do everything in this Africa, Kai our women too dull

Well we've been designed to carry the weight of the world
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Aklee4994(m): 8:57am On Dec 24, 2023
siant:
I don't know the purpose of bringing this online, sincerely. What should we do now?
A grown up man, behaving like a teen.

Foolishness

if they didn’t bring it to online what are will going to comment on here..Everyone can never be like me and you
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by femi4: 9:05am On Dec 24, 2023
Valoromega:
My wife and I are expecting our first child, so currently I'm saving up money before the baby comes, we are also trying to get baby things of almost 400k.

But she wants me to buy Christmas rice for her mom. I've already decided that I'm not buying anything for anyone this December, including my own mom. But she wants me to buy for her mom which I refused becauze my baby is more important.
Mind you, she has elder ones who can't even get anything for their mom this December (she's the youngest). I just lied to her that I'm broke and I don't have any money. But I have close to 1.7 million which I want I to save for the baby and also get a car for when the baby comes.

I'm I making the right decision by ignoring everyone this December or should I take like 100k and just buy a bag of rice and share to the mom.

Personally I don't want to spend a dime on anyone because my child is the most important thing right now
No, you are not balancing the equation. Instead of buying rice, give her money and explain your decision to wife.

Giving them nothing will not be wise, do that which is within your budget. Besides , you can buy other stuff like yam, semovita etc that's not as costly as a bag of rice
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Father4all: 9:19am On Dec 24, 2023
Why must everything come online
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Gerrard59(m): 9:32am On Dec 24, 2023
cyrusmillz:
I don't understand these kind of men on this forum . Always complaining.... I thought you guys are supposed to be the head of the family ni.

E tire person.
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Ndipe(m): 9:32am On Dec 24, 2023
If you buy Christmas rice for her mother, remember also to buy one for your mother.

Valoromega:

Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Gerrard59(m): 9:44am On Dec 24, 2023
The comments are irritating!

The wife's siblings DID NOT BUY ANYTHING FOR THEIR MOM! Does it mean OP loves his mother-in-law more than her children? And in the post, I did not see any of their fathers mentioned. So, what exactly do men gain from marriage?! Let's assume they are alive, what are they gaining from marriage?

This marriage thing get as e be. Why should a man be saddled with the responsibility of catering for another family when he was not responsible for having them?

Ah! Wahala go dey! lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by buJu234: 9:45am On Dec 24, 2023
Ur wife is so lucky that am not you..

Instantly I will tell her my mind.. no shi shi for your family..
Take it or leave it..

Eversince I knw that 21st century marriage has nothing for the man.. I stop being interested in getting married.

From beginning to the end, Men gain nothing from it.

But women gain everything, even during old age, the children only send money to their mother and carry her only to travel abroad while the father (aka man) relocates to the village and die alone..

So what's now the difference, infact a single man may even enjoy life than a married man these days.. because both of them will still end up living alone during old age either in the village or in old people's home.

But the single man has lived a stress-free life unlike his married fellow, whom had suffered alot of marriage stress plus divorce if he is unlucky etc

3 Likes

Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Gerrard59(m): 9:46am On Dec 24, 2023
Ubanz:
Everyone is just talking, no one knows how long it took him to save that much.
It's not mandatory that u should send anyone anything,what is mandatory is the bride price u paid.

When your wife delivers safely your mother in-law would still visit ,you can gift her a bag of rice & any other things u can afford.

If u tamper with the money now ur so called in-laws will make mockery of u if God forbid ur wife has complications during delivery.

Some years ago my friend lost his wife because he couldn't raise the required amount for CS on time.she died before the twin boys were rescued. It was so unfortunate that weeks after my friend discovered where his wife hid some 100's of 1000's of Naira.

Don't listen to anybody telling you to tamper with ur savings,afterall it's Jesus birthday not theirs.

Nna mehn!

2 Likes

Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by jddempire(m): 10:07am On Dec 24, 2023
Bro don’t be stingy , you’re a family man now and her family are also your family.

Send your mother in law 20k for the Xmas .

Don’t wait for a woman to teach you how to be a man.
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by jddempire(m): 10:09am On Dec 24, 2023
A lot of people giving advice here are single , they don’t understand marriage / family .

1 Like

Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by ogawisdom(m): 10:26am On Dec 24, 2023
Valoromega:

Buy rice and other things in smaller quantities and share to everyone. Say half bag or quarter bag. At all at all Na em worse pass.

There is no excuse for not giving your family and in law something at Christmas.
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by 9free(m): 10:29am On Dec 24, 2023
SamuelAnyawu:

I swear if not that I stood my ground and stepped down on many stuffs maybe I should be coasting home to 350k grin

Can't wait to behold my first child kiss
Congratulations in advance. Wishing you lovely wife safe delivery.
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by DEswiftfx(m): 10:47am On Dec 24, 2023
...sorry ar u kinda sure she isn't reading all u wrote up here wink
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Exceed15: 10:54am On Dec 24, 2023
LikeAking:
Stingy man!

If she is the type of woman wey they try, buy for her. But I’d she is the sturborn type dont buy anything for her.

Can a stingy man plan to get his wife a car.?
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Exceed15: 10:57am On Dec 24, 2023
Bro, you are good man. You even plan to surprise her with a car after birth. Don't bow to her pressure. Be firm with your decision so next time she will ot joke ur principles.After all no matter what you do for women they will soon Forget.
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by TheGift: 11:31am On Dec 24, 2023
Valoromega:

Plan for your Baby, still the decent thing to do is send something to your mother in law and parents this season. Your wife doesn’t need to tell you. Instead of buying rice of 100k though, you can just give her 50k cash.
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Blackdisciple(m): 11:35am On Dec 24, 2023
I've already decided that I'm not buying anything for anyone this December, including my own mom

Meaning he has been buying things for people when ever it's Xmas...

Oga your child you are expecting a child and that should be your priority for now after then any other thing can come by after all Xmas just tomorrow and next tomorrow no kill yourself because of Christmas...

1 Like

Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by BeeNG3: 11:50am On Dec 24, 2023
Buy the rice bro. Oluwa will provide
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Edusouls(m): 12:14pm On Dec 24, 2023
Sucre7:

Well we've been designed to carry the weight of the world
bro men are tired of carrying that weight it’s telling terribly on our mental health, look around and see many men are worn out, down , depressed, suicidal, and completely broke

2 Likes

Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Edusouls(m): 12:16pm On Dec 24, 2023
Mohisah:
Na u dey deceiv ur sef sha. Person get 1.7m fr acc n he's saying he want to save Fr baby n to buy car.. Dem dey sell better car for 1m today again? One of my friend hv dis character as well, his wife cannot enjoy shishi from him despite saving above 50m.. He's always bn like he's wise.
If ur wife no dey cheat, u suppose dey kill cow fr being responsible.

More over, a bag of rice n big Tin tomato no fit pass 55k. 55k minus 1,7m? It won't kill him abeg
bring the 55k nahh if it’s that simple? If u bring an heaven won’t fall
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by SPAMBOX7: 12:31pm On Dec 24, 2023
Valoromega:

I've thought about this and it's a very good reason. I won't lie, when it comes to my pregnant wife and the baby, my mother inlaw will go through hell for them. When the baby is born she will be the one to do the caring. I think I'll sacrifice 100k to buy the rice and other things for both my mom and my mother in law. But I tell me wife I bought it on credit ( the seller is close to us)
Nice one.
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by SPAMBOX7: 12:34pm On Dec 24, 2023
Nazgul:

1.7m in Tinubu's Nigeria is rubbish. No thanks to inflation and high dollar rate.

Do you know that at child both a considerable amount of that money would go into the hospital expenses. After being discharged from the hospital, there are still other things you'll have to keep buying.

Baby soap and cream.

Napkins.

Baby milk formular.

Baby clothes.

Routine medical checkup.

Coupled with your regular household expenses.

If he does this consistently for 3 months, that 1.7m would finish.
Abeg make person hear word. Poor people wey no get shishi wey dey born nko. Yall be doing too much on this matter of having and caring for a baby.
Guys rasing a baby isn't as expensive as this person here portrays. Make una stop dey scare people. 1.7m will finish in 3 months for baby feeding lmao
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Esthered: 12:52pm On Dec 24, 2023
Acidosis:

List the items your wife bought for 100k.
Maybe it's not his first child.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused / What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? / What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.