Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,837 members, 7,831,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Rampaging Yahoo Boys Are Now Competing With SARS In Osogbo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rampaging Yahoo Boys Are Now Competing With SARS In Osogbo (1757 Views)

Rampaging Cult Members Intercepted By Edo State Vigilante (Video) / Man Survives After Throat Was Slit By Rampaging Armed Robbers. Graphic Photos / Female Journalist Attacked And Beaten In Owerri By Rampaging Hoodlums (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rampaging Yahoo Boys Are Now Competing With SARS In Osogbo by AntiTerrorist: 4:14pm On Dec 24, 2023
New update alert!

Why returning from church today (Sunday, 24/12/23), I saw two yahoo boys on a bike chasing a suspected yahoo boy on another bike. The okada man who was carrying the suspected yahoo boy had to stop for them because they were able to overtake him. Immediately the two bikes stops, the two yahoo boys jumped off from the bike in a commando style to bully and threaten the transiting suspected yahoo boy.

I was more shocked than Buhari. I was shocked because that was my first time of seeing such lawlessness in a broad daylight. Little did I know that such scenerio has become rampant in Osogbo. I was ignorant of my surroundings but thanks to the bus driver who later gave me the full update.

The transiting young man was probably a student of federal polytechnic, Ede who was passing through Osogbo. I'm not sure he is a yahoo boy anyway but the people who were together with me inside korope tried to convince me that the guy is also a yahoo boy, that they know themselves. But what if the gentleman is not a yahoo boy?

This short drama happened within a minute. I was inside a moving korope (minibus). It was the korope driver who later told me the full gist. He said, some yahoo boys in Ofatedo (a suburb of Osogbo) are now in the habit arresting suspected yahoo boys with the intent of collecting money from them and if the arrested yahoo boy do not give them money, his phone would be ceased.

It was at this same area last Sunday (between Olofa Palace and Bolanle) that I saw some SARS operatives indiscriminately arresting any young man they see on sight. 'Big boys' who were riding cars were not arrested but only 'conversations'.

I am sad at how lawless and degenerating Nigeria is fast becoming in my eyes. How can criminals be bold enough to be arresting smaller or suspected criminals and be charging them for money and properties in the open? Though we have seen Policemen extorting motorists and bikers as normal, yahoo boys joining them in this ignoble act will increase our pain. Anarchy is increasing in the land everyday. Who will save Nigeria?

I call on government to nick this at the bud because a stitch in time saves nine. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Rampaging Yahoo Boys Are Now Competing With SARS In Osogbo by FuckingNaira: 10:21pm On Dec 24, 2023
455views no comment
Re: Rampaging Yahoo Boys Are Now Competing With SARS In Osogbo by Error401: 10:56pm On Dec 24, 2023
I think a ripper was caught

AntiTerrorist:
New update alert!

I call on government to nick this at the bud because a stitch in time saves nine.
Re: Rampaging Yahoo Boys Are Now Competing With SARS In Osogbo by dettolgel: 5:39am On Dec 25, 2023
FuckingNaira:
455views no comment

Of course those views were from tribalist they came to check if they could turn the story to Igbo bashing. Since it isn't possible they all disappeared into their holes. grin

3 Likes

Re: Rampaging Yahoo Boys Are Now Competing With SARS In Osogbo by iSense247: 9:43am On Dec 25, 2023
dettolgel:

Of course those views were from tribalist they came to check if they could turn the story to Igbo bashing. Since it isn't possible they all disappeared into their holes. grin
For your mind now you think you are not a tribalist. You are worse than the imaginary tribalists to are talking of. A pot calling kettle black.

2 Likes

Re: Rampaging Yahoo Boys Are Now Competing With SARS In Osogbo by dettolgel: 8:00pm On Dec 25, 2023
iSense247:
For your mind now you think you are not a tribalist. You are worse than the imaginary tribalists to are talking of. A pot calling kettle black.

It takes one to know one. Welcome tribalist general grin

(1) (Reply)

Life Term For South African Racist Killer / Imagine A 16-year-old Boy Killing His Mother Over Playstation Argument! / The Nollywood Actress Yetunde Akilapa Caught Stealing Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.