Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why (66820 Views)

Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas / 5 Nigerian Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why / Modele Fatoyinbo: I Am Not Your Friend If You Don’t Celebrate Biodun Fatoyinbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by XAUBulls: 5:52pm On Dec 26, 2023
Wisdomkosi:
Check Out Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Reasons

Source: https://9newsng.com/check-out-six-churches-that-dont-celebrate-christmas-and-reasons/
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by XAUBulls: 5:54pm On Dec 26, 2023
Fasindo:
shocked

Please read this

On the argument that Christmas is a Pagan feast

Another Christmas, and the recycled argument continues on how 25th December is a pagan feast, and how Christ was not born on the 25th.

Some things don’t go well with me, arguments like this that don’t make any logical sense.

Let us agree that Jesus was not born on the 25th, can you kindly suggest to us a new date? And since you know he was not born on the 25th, it therefore means you know or have an idea of the date he was born. Tell us then.

I heard this same argument for Sunday. They said Sunday is a day of worship of the pagan Sun-god and that the meaning of Sunday came from the Sun-god.

I remembered sharing a detailed teaching and telling those propagating that message the reason for Sunday, being that it was the first day of the week, and Christ rose that day and started appearing to his disciples every first day of the week as they gathered behind closed doors in prayers.

I think I should not have wasted my time in doing that, what I should have done would have been to simply remind them that the days of the week as we have them today were all adopted. They are all pagan.

Monday is named after the god of the moon. Thursday is for the Norse god known in Modern English as Thor. Friday is named after the Anglo-Saxon goddess Fríge. Saturday is named after the Roman god Saturn.

There is this impression from some of you that once anything has a pagan origin it is evil and it is impossible for it to be 'Christianized.'

Well, unfortunately, many things came from the pagans, including the papyrus that was used to write the bible in those days. The tradition of offering visitors kolanut in Igbo culture is largely pagan. Even Baptism as we know it today as the pouring of water or immersion in rivers did not start with Christians. Eating pork is pagan. New yam festival is pagan. Ojuju Calabar is pagan.

What some of you fail to see is that the Christian faith must be planted in a culture for it to take root. Even St Paul while preaching to the Areopagus in Act 17:16-34 had to use what the Athens have as an altar to the "unknown god", to plant the message of the living and known God into them.

Once the Christian faith is planted in any culture, it uproots the bad in it and retains the good. This is why once you mention "Sunday" we think about the day of worship in church and not sun-god. This is why 25th December may not be the day Christ was born in your calculation, but it has taken a Christian dimension pushing aside whatever it was known with before. This is why the cross, which was pagan, and seen as a symbol of shame, has now taken a total different meaning the moment Christ was crucified on it.

The pagan cross moved from shame to fame, from gory to glory (let me be looking for rhyme words like a motivational speaker since na watin una wan hear. Nobody should stress me biko.)

#PurestPurity

From Fr. Kelvin Ugwu

In addition... The Savior God or Sun God (Sol Invictus).

Sunday is the day devoted to the worship of the Sun God in an ancient tomes. So Christianity whose day of worship is on SUNDAYS is a continued representation of the worship of the SUN. Period.
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Emu4life(m): 6:14pm On Dec 26, 2023
Justnation:

Don't be confused here, Jesus Christ left his throne in heaven and took the form of a man to be born of a woman in other to offer himself as a perfect sacrifice to save mankind from eternal condemnation due to the sin of Adam and Eve which they committed as a human being.

Before the coming of Jesus Christ, man offered animals as sacrifice to appease God for their sins. These sacrifices were imperfect and could not obtain perfect atonement for sins because they were not perfect.

Jesus came as the perfect sacrifice for atonement without blemish, and he reconciled Man to God eternally, hence whosoever believe and accept him as Lord and Savior will be saved and escape eternal condemnation, BUT WILL RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE.

DO YOU BELIEVE, DO YOU WANT TO MAKE HIM YOUR SAVIOR?
PLEASE ACCEPT HIM NOW.

The long note you just typed is the teachings of the Church not Jesus. There are currently many Christians under my mention with contrary Opinion to yours. Una matter long o.

The concept of Jesus dying for your sins to atone for Adam and Eve mistake is flawed because if that really is the case, we should all be returned to heaven by now since Jesus has been sacrificed. Or was the sacrifice rejected by God.
Also, why should we bother doing good since Jesus already went away with our Sins. We should just accept him as 'Lord and personal Saviour' and continue with our sins, we still go to heaven.

Sha
Ezekiel 18:19-23 New King James Version (NKJV)

“Yet you say, ‘Why should the son not bear the guilt of the father?’ Because the son has done what is lawful and right,
and has kept all My statutes and observed them, he shall
surely live. The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not bear
the guilt of the father, nor the father bear the guilt of the son.
The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself. “But if a wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed, keeps all My statutes, and does what is lawful and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die. None of the transgressions. which he has committed shall be remembered against him; because of the righteousness which he has done, he shall live.
Do I have any pleasure at all that the wicked should die?” says the Lord GOD, “and not that he should turn from his ways and
live?

The verse above completely contradict the concept of anyone taking the sins of the other. It is either this verse is a Lie or you are telling Lies.
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Emu4life(m): 6:27pm On Dec 26, 2023
John360comng:

What Hyperbole grin you liar.

The quran must be a lie when it calls Jesus Holy and faultless if he was unclean.

Satan is One so what difference does it make when you claim your shin god is one. grin

It's the Bible that said he who is born of a woman cannot be said to be PURE. (Jobs 25 v 4-5). Abi is the Bible a Lie too grin

Jesus was born of a Woman....

So according to the Bible, Jesus is NOT PURE grin grin

If I show you how the Qur'an described Jesus, you will never want to use Qur'an to buttress your false doctrine of Jesus' 'Godship' cheesy cheesy

I can see how hard it is becoming for you grin grin
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Justnation: 7:00pm On Dec 26, 2023
[quote author=Emu4life post=127637759]

The long note you just typed is the teachings of the Church not Jesus. There are currently many Christians under my mention with contrary Opinion to yours. Una matter long o.

The concept of Jesus dying for your sins to atone for Adam and Eve mistake is flawed because if that really is the case, we should all be returned to heaven by now since Jesus has been sacrificed. Or was the sacrifice rejected by God.
Also, why should we bother doing good since Jesus already went away with our Sins. We should just accept him as 'Lord and personal Saviour' and continue with our sins, we still go to heaven.

Sha
Ezekiel 18:19-23 New King James Version (NKJV)

“Yet you say, ‘Why should the son not bear the guilt of the father?’ Because the son has done what is lawful and right,
and has kept all My statutes and observed them, he shall
surely live. The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not bear
the guilt of the father, nor the father bear the guilt of the son.
The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself. “But if a wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed, keeps all My statutes, and does what is lawful and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die. None of the transgressions. which he has committed shall be remembered against him; because of the righteousness which he has done, he shall live.
Do I have any pleasure at all that the wicked should die?” says the Lord GOD, “and not that he should turn from his ways and
live?

The verse above completely contradict the concept of anyone taking the sins of the other. It is either this verse is a Lie

Don't use the little human knowledge to misinterpret the word of God.
The book Jeremiah you quoted above was God's words in answer to the cry of the Israelites that they were suffering for the sins of their fathers, and God responded that henceforth the soul that sinneth shall die.

Likewise if anyone reject Jesus Christ now it is a sin for which the person will die eternal death. John 3:17-19.

The Bible is very clear on the teachings and there is no contradictions at all, just human misunderstanding due to poor study of the word of God.
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Aemmyjah(m): 7:07pm On Dec 26, 2023
DavidEsq:

Hm. The scriptures agree with u on this. It says at Proverbs 12;15-16:
The way of the fool is right in his own eyes, But the wise one accepts advice. A fool immediately shows his annoyance, But the shrewd man overlooks an insult.
Flaggerbasting right?

Someone was asking a simple question to another person to draw him to a leading conclusion
Another person from nowhere mentions something like his father's village

The whole of Nairaland knows who is the fool if the fool does not know himself
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Aemmyjah(m): 7:09pm On Dec 26, 2023
DavidEsq:

Hm. The scriptures agree with u on this. It says at Proverbs 12;15-16:
The way of the fool is right in his own eyes, But the wise one accepts advice. A fool immediately shows his annoyance, But the shrewd man overlooks an insult.
Flaggerbasting right?

A fool will use words of wisdom to justify his rudeness and sharp folly
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Expanse2020(m): 7:16pm On Dec 26, 2023
John360comng:

Your ignorance. Your problem.
Where does it is said your God is short that what I asked you
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by lastchild: 7:57pm On Dec 26, 2023
The funny thing is, during the Christmas period, they buy new clothes, make new hair and travel on 31st and say they are celebrating new year
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Emu4life(m): 7:57pm On Dec 26, 2023
[quote author=Justnation post=127638245][/quote]

So the Pastors dying rejected Jesus? And if this is true, the World is supposed to be filled of only Christians by now.
There's a problem somewhere. It's either the verse is wrong or your interpretation of the verse is wrong.
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Emu4life(m): 7:58pm On Dec 26, 2023
John360comng:

You are delusional and acting like you are reading another thing. Everyone reading what you wrote is laughing right now at how silly and confused you are and that is because you are a pathetic liar who has been disrespecting and mocking the Christian God who is more perfect than yours eventhough you don't know how terrible your allah has been described by your Muhammad. Every muslim who knows this knows well not to go about disrespecting the Jesus of the Christians knowing how awful theirs has been described of which I have not even touched the barest minimum of this description from your sources.

Where did i write that the quran is written by a tree?!! You Abdul worship of a shin object. You wanna get petty, right?!

Of all the various points i have painted out from your books which you have suddenly gone blind to see and have not responded even one of them. All you were able to misread was "quran was written by a tree". You deceiving zamzam drunk when all that I was making clear is that the quran is said to be an uncreated speech of allah which became a book and books especially in the old days were made from wood(trees) i.e allah is a tree since the quran which is the uncreated speech of allah can never be said to be distance from allah as that is a part of allah and you dare mock the Christians whose God became a perfect sinless man which makes more sense than your allah that became a kitab(book) made from tree(wood).

Also, your allah while you endlessly mock the Christians whose God is more perfect than yours is said to be created from the sweat of houses in another confusing islamic source. Also, your allah was seen in form by Muhammad meaning your god, allah has a somewhat human form with human body parts description while you delude yourself thinking that you mock the Christians God which makes more sense as their God who is Invisible Spirit became a perfect man attested by your own islamic sources as been without a fault, holy and a creator and currently forever living with your allah.

Narrated AbdurRahman ibn A’ish
Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said: I saw my Lord, the Exalted and Glorious in the most beautiful form. He said: What do the Angels in the presence of Allah contend about? I said: Thou art the most aware of it. He then placed HIS PALM between my shoulders and I felt its coldness in my chest and I came to know what was in the Heavens and the Earth. He recited: ‘Thus did we show Ibrahim the kingdom of the Heavens and the Earth and it was so that he might have certainty.’(6:75)
Darimi reported it in a mursal form and Tirmidhi also reported. (Tirmidhi Hadith, Number 237; ALIM CD-ROM Version)

Ok, I've read enough of this incoherent /disoriented gibberish.
When you said you wanted to engage me, I was looking forward to it. Unfortunately, you are just another Copy and paste merchant, hence a waste of time and energy.

It seems you are so fixated on the attributes of Allah and since there are probably people following the dialogue, I will like to give the attributes of Allah according to the Quran and everybody can compare it against the innocent Man you are forcing 'Godship' on.

Let me refer you to the Quran ;

Al-Baqarah Vs 255

“Allah! There is no God but He,-the Ever- Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the
Supreme (in glory).

Now compare this verse with Jesus;

First of all, Jesus is not self-subsisting as he "Died for 3 days". Now imaging a God dying

Also Jesus slept and Slumber according to Mathew 8:28

"And behold, there arose a great storm on the Sea, so that the boat was being swamped by the waves; but he (Jesus) was asleep ,........ "
How can God ever sleep? If God sleeps or slumber, the whole world will perish.

Jesus also acknowledge a limit to his did as some decisions are beyond him but the Father (True God)

Mark 10:40 “You will drink my cup, but to sit at my right hand and at my left is not mine to grant, but it is for those for whom it has been prepared by my Father.”

Jesus also has limitations in knowledge as he was ignorant of the Judgement Day

Mathew 24:36

"And of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels above, nor the Son, but the Father (God) only".

This verse alone is enough for whoever has been destined to recieve guidance.

The Quran verse clearly stated that Allah is capable of doing all things as he wishes. But this is the statement of Jesus;

John 5:30-31

" I can of my own self do nothing; as I hear I judge; and my judgment is just; because I speak not my own will, but the will of the Father who sent me. If I bear witness of my self, my witness is not true"

Ladies and gentlemen, does this look like a 'God' talking??

Take a neutral look at these verses below;

John 8:40

"But now you seeketh to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God".

Jesus called himself a Man that heard the truth from God. How is this different from other messengers of God who brought the truth from God?

Do the Christians calling Jesus God know Jesus more than himself??

John 17:3

" And this is life eternal that they might know thee, the only True God and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent".

After all these, I will stop here and conclude with a Quranic Verse;

Al Qasas Vs 56

It is true thou wilt not be able to guide every one, whom thou lovest; but Allah guides those whom He will and He knows best those who receive guidance.

Apparently, Mr. John360comng is not up to the task as he wanted us to believe, you may want to contact your Pastor to engage me next time. Shalom
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by MamaletASO: 9:15pm On Dec 26, 2023
Jesus is the Lord and the Savior of the world.

Believe in Him and be saved.

Jesus is the only Way, the Truth and the Life.

Accept Jesus into your life today and be saved.

Jesus loves you
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Justnation: 9:58pm On Dec 26, 2023
Emu4life:

So the Pastors dying rejected Jesus? And if this is true, the World is supposed to be filled of only Christians by now.
There's a problem somewhere. It's either the verse is wrong or your interpretation of the verse is wrong.

The death we are talking about here is not just the physical death but eternal condemnation to suffering in hell which is the final death, the fate of unbelievers in Jesus Christ.

Bro please get it right, don't think of the physical alone but the spiritual, life after physical death

1 Like

Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by verbalbullet(m): 10:19pm On Dec 26, 2023
Well said
Fasindo:
shocked

Please read this

On the argument that Christmas is a Pagan feast

Another Christmas, and the recycled argument continues on how 25th December is a pagan feast, and how Christ was not born on the 25th.

Some things don’t go well with me, arguments like this that don’t make any logical sense.

Let us agree that Jesus was not born on the 25th, can you kindly suggest to us a new date? And since you know he was not born on the 25th, it therefore means you know or have an idea of the date he was born. Tell us then.

I heard this same argument for Sunday. They said Sunday is a day of worship of the pagan Sun-god and that the meaning of Sunday came from the Sun-god.

I remembered sharing a detailed teaching and telling those propagating that message the reason for Sunday, being that it was the first day of the week, and Christ rose that day and started appearing to his disciples every first day of the week as they gathered behind closed doors in prayers.

I think I should not have wasted my time in doing that, what I should have done would have been to simply remind them that the days of the week as we have them today were all adopted. They are all pagan.

Monday is named after the god of the moon. Thursday is for the Norse god known in Modern English as Thor. Friday is named after the Anglo-Saxon goddess Fríge. Saturday is named after the Roman god Saturn.

There is this impression from some of you that once anything has a pagan origin it is evil and it is impossible for it to be 'Christianized.'

Well, unfortunately, many things came from the pagans, including the papyrus that was used to write the bible in those days. The tradition of offering visitors kolanut in Igbo culture is largely pagan. Even Baptism as we know it today as the pouring of water or immersion in rivers did not start with Christians. Eating pork is pagan. New yam festival is pagan. Ojuju Calabar is pagan.

What some of you fail to see is that the Christian faith must be planted in a culture for it to take root. Even St Paul while preaching to the Areopagus in Act 17:16-34 had to use what the Athens have as an altar to the "unknown god", to plant the message of the living and known God into them.

Once the Christian faith is planted in any culture, it uproots the bad in it and retains the good. This is why once you mention "Sunday" we think about the day of worship in church and not sun-god. This is why 25th December may not be the day Christ was born in your calculation, but it has taken a Christian dimension pushing aside whatever it was known with before. This is why the cross, which was pagan, and seen as a symbol of shame, has now taken a total different meaning the moment Christ was crucified on it.

The pagan cross moved from shame to fame, from gory to glory (let me be looking for rhyme words like a motivational speaker since na watin una wan hear. Nobody should stress me biko.)

#PurestPurity

From Fr. Kelvin Ugwu

Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by deygar: 11:15pm On Dec 26, 2023
The church of Christ. Don't celebrate Christmas too.
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Zxcvbnmghtr: 7:09am On Dec 27, 2023
HardMirror:

There you have it

That was many years ago

Interesting. grin
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by DavidEsq(m): 11:28am On Dec 27, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Someone was asking a simple question to another person to draw him to a leading conclusion

Be like ur papa sense dey pain am for e head abi😏😏😏😏
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by DavidEsq(m): 11:30am On Dec 27, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Proverbs 20:3
It is honorable for a man to refrain from a dispute, But every fool will become embroiled in it
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Spy360(m): 4:42pm On Dec 27, 2023
SouthSouth1914:

You can dance naked in the market square on the 25th December of every year, this isn’t my problem!
So why get involved?
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Aemmyjah(m): 6:29pm On Dec 27, 2023
DavidEsq:

Proverbs 20:3
It is honorable for a man to refrain from a dispute, But every fool will become embroiled in it

A fool is one who pokes nose at what does not concern him or speaks when nothing is directed to him
Quoting the book of wisdom to justify his foolishness
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Aemmyjah(m): 6:31pm On Dec 27, 2023
DavidEsq:

Be like ur papa sense dey pain am for e head abi😏😏😏😏

Another symptom from someone suffering foolishness syndrome
Attacking someone who does not know him
Your foolishness is getting brighter like daylight
Your attitude is typical of an Agbero
They insult ones parents for just no reason
Nairaland welcomes Agbero to the forum sha
Pls continue entertaining yourself

1 Like

Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by BALLOSKI: 6:20am On Dec 28, 2023
Wisdomkosi:
Check Out Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Reasons

Source: https://9newsng.com/check-out-six-churches-that-dont-celebrate-christmas-and-reasons/
There's one cathedral Mission in Kaduna that doesn't celebrate Christmas too.
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by DavidEsq(m): 11:22am On Dec 28, 2023
Aemmyjah:

A fool is one who pokes nose at what does not concern him or speaks when nothing is directed to him
Quoting the book of wisdom to justify his foolishness
Looks like u were looking in the mirror when u typed this comment
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Aemmyjah(m): 1:08pm On Dec 28, 2023
DavidEsq:

Looks like u were looking in the mirror when u typed this comment

One who does not regard his parent is not slow to disregard someone's parent
Exactly what you've done
Nothing will make me say anything against yours
I honor mine and honor others
Go and study the Bible amd learn hiw to honor your father
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by DavidEsq(m): 10:02am On Dec 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

One who does not regard his parent is not slow to disregard someone's parent
Exactly what you've done
Nothing will make me say anything against yours
I honor mine and honor others
Go and study the Bible amd learn hiw to honor your father
Me wey be bastard?🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Aemmyjah(m): 1:23pm On Dec 29, 2023
DavidEsq:

Me wey be bastard?🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Congratulations
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by justking(m): 4:52pm On Dec 29, 2023
If they don't celebrate, that's their own cup of tea
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by DavidEsq(m): 1:50am On Dec 30, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Congratulations
Oh well then 👊👊

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. / Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order / Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.