Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,464 members, 7,812,415 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija (4632 Views)

Juju: Real Or Not? / Is Juju Real? / Angdatingdaan.org What Do You Think About This Site?let Have A Real Debate! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by phuckNL: 3:22pm On Nov 02, 2011
I have opened up this thread so myself and splitnaija can continue this discussion. Any opinion is also welcome
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by splitnaija(m): 3:49pm On Nov 02, 2011
Answer : Juju is real
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by Arosa(m): 3:57pm On Nov 02, 2011
the medicinal and psychological part of juju is real. but the supernatural part like peeps turning into animals and flying is fake , undecided
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by phuckNL: 4:04pm On Nov 02, 2011
splitnaija:

Answer : Juju is real

i beg to differ. The juju that you claim prevented robbers from getting into your apartment was just a mere coincidence
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by phuckNL: 4:06pm On Nov 02, 2011
Arosa:

the medicinal and psychological part of juju is real. but the supernatural part like peeps turning into animals and flying is fake , undecided

Thats what i tried to explain to splitnaija on the baba suwe thread but he/she claims a charm prevented robbers from coming into their house. I believe that is just absolute bullocks
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by splitnaija(m): 4:08pm On Nov 02, 2011
phuck_NL:

i beg to differ. The juju that you claim prevented robbers from getting into your apartment was just a mere coincidence

How can you have a conincidence repeating itself 5 different times?
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by Arosa(m): 4:14pm On Nov 02, 2011
splitnaija:

Did you not have a security update in your house after the robbers came the first time, apart from the juju one.?
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by phuckNL: 4:23pm On Nov 02, 2011
splitnaija:

Have you considered the fact that some of them might know you and hence you being lucky to be avoided? Or maybe they already have info about the area and know who or where they need to rob?
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by splitnaija(m): 4:30pm On Nov 02, 2011
Arosa:

Did you not have a security update in your house after the robbers came the first time, apart from the juju one.?

I don't understand your question

I lived in the neighbourhood peacefully for 6 years before the very first attack.

The robbers came the first time and could not locate a particulatr flat out of seven others within the same compound. This happened five consecutive times and on each occasion, they didn't come close to even tapping on my protector or window and phuck_NL is calling that a mere coincidence?
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by phuckNL: 4:34pm On Nov 02, 2011
read my comment above
we cant exclude the fact that those responsible for the robbery may know you
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by splitnaija(m): 4:34pm On Nov 02, 2011
phuck_NL:

Have you considered the fact that some of them might know you and hence you being lucky to be avoided? Or maybe they already have info about the area and know who or where they need to rob?

The set of tenants at the apartment at the time of the attack were the very first and we had equally lived around for approximately the same lenght of time. So, if they needed to avoid anybody, then the entire compound should have been avoided.

Mind you, I'm stressing on this robbery incident to buttress my argument that juju is real beacuse this is not heresy, it is something I have personally experienced.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by Arosa(m): 4:35pm On Nov 02, 2011
splitnaija:

I don't understand your question

I lived in the neighbourhood peacefully for 6 years before the very first attack.

The robbers came the first time and could not locate a particulatr flat out of seven others within the same compound. This happened five consecutive times and on each occasion, they didn't come close to even tapping on my protector or window and phuck_NL is calling that a mere coincidence?
Ok, then my question is irrelevant to you if they did not even tap on your protector or window like you said.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by plaetton: 5:28pm On Nov 02, 2011
To add my two cents:
What we cal juju is probably a science that we are yet to fully understand. that may explain why it is inconsistent and hard to prove . i would not be a believer if i had not personally witnessed it. Here is my story.

My aunt(late) was a native doctor(healer) and lived in a big compound. I used to spend weekens at her compound when I was around 10yrs old. On one sunday, we all went out for a ceremony. when we came back in the evening, we met four strangers sweeping the compound and there were indications that they had been doing it repeatedly for several ours. they had come into the compound to rob but instead found booms left at the gate and started sweeping the compound. My aunt interugated them to know if anyone had sent them, warned them not to come near her compound again and then released them. this wa snot a tale tale story. I was there.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by phuckNL: 5:31pm On Nov 02, 2011
plaetton:

To add my two cents:
What we cal juju is probably a science that we are yet to fully understand. that may explain why it is inconsistent and hard to prove . i would not be a believer if i had not personally witnessed it. Here is my story.

My aunt(late) was a native doctor(healer) and lived in a big compound. I used to spend weekens at her compound when I was around 10yrs old. On one sunday, we all went out for a ceremony. when we came back in the evening, we met four strangers sweeping the compound and there were indications that they had been doing it repeatedly for several ours. they had come into the compound to rob but instead found booms left at the gate and started sweeping the compound. My aunt interugated them to know if anyone had sent them, warned them not to come near her compound again and then released them. this wa snot a tale tale story. I was there.

Bullocks. You are lieing juh. Everyone i know has that same story. Everyone claims they were there too. Robbers sweeping. Bullocks. We've been fed too many lies. We as Nigerians are too gullible
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by plaetton: 5:44pm On Nov 02, 2011
I resent being called a lier. You have no right to do that. You are free not to believe or sceptical.I am probably the most sceptical person on this forum. Infact, I hate religion and superstion with a passion. I definitely would not risk being ridiculed by you if i had not personally witnessed it. what would I stand to gain by fabricating a fib?
If you have not been to france doe s not mean that france does not exist. i dont know where you grew up but if you lived in remote villages that strong in tradition, you more likely to witness mysterious incidences of juju(hidden sciences). I have witnessed several, but its pointless try to share them here.
But I sense that you are to tell anyone witha story that they are wrong or lying. You are not here to investigate or consider the reality of juju, but to call people names. I dont believe in juju, but i have witnesses several mysterious incidents that might be refered to as juju.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by Arosa(m): 5:50pm On Nov 02, 2011
Plaetton, I don't think you are a liar. you saw what you saw. but I think those peeps sweeping were acting. undecided
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by plaetton: 6:02pm On Nov 02, 2011
It is simply arrogance to dismiss something because you dont understand it. They universe is much to complex and mysterious for anyone o take a stand on something and cling on to it. We are interdimensional being beings living in a mutiverse(many universes layered on top of each other). i have no doubts that from time to time, either accidental or by manipulation, one universe can overlap into another, resulting in anamolies we see from time to time. Infact I believe that from time immemorial, gifted humans have had the ability to manipulate matter and our reality by simply opening doorways into other realities where different laws of physics may be the norm.

It is on record that Hitler's germany, while ahead of the world in science and engineering, were also deeply occultic. It is also speculated ( with much evidence)that much of their scientific ingenuity were fruits of knowledge gleamed from the occultic realm.
It may sound rediculous to you, but pls do a bit of research on nazi germany and occultism before you start throwing insults.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by phuckNL: 6:02pm On Nov 02, 2011
plaetton:

I resent being called a lier. You have no right to do that. You are free not to believe or sceptical.I  am probably the most sceptical person on this forum. Infact, I hate religion and superstion with a passion. I definitely would not risk being ridiculed by you if i had not personally witnessed it. what would I stand to gain by fabricating a fib?
If you have not been to france doe s not mean that france does not exist. i dont know where you grew up but if you lived in remote villages that strong in tradition, you more likely to witness mysterious incidences of juju(hidden sciences). I have witnessed several, but its pointless try to share them here.
But I sense that you are to tell anyone witha story that they are wrong or lying. You are not here to investigate or consider the reality of juju, but to call people names. I dont believe in juju, but i have witnesses several mysterious incidents that might be refered to as juju.
Sorry if you feel offended. I am not trying to insult you. I simply say someone is a liar when i dont believe the person. Its not personal. I rephrase "i don't believe it"
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by phuckNL: 6:07pm On Nov 02, 2011
plaetton:

It is simply arrogance to dismiss something because you dont understand it. They universe is much to complex and mysterious for anyone o take a stand on something and cling on to it. We are interdimensional being beings living in a mutiverse(many universes layered on top of each other). i have no doubts that from time to time, either accidental or by manipulation, one universe can overlap into another, resulting in anamolies we see from time to time. Infact I believe that from time immemorial, gifted humans have had the ability to manipulate matter and our reality by simply opening doorways into other realities where different laws of physics may be the norm.

It is on record that Hitler's germany, while ahead of the world in science and engineering, were also deeply occultic. It is also speculated ( with much evidence)that much of their scientific ingenuity were fruits of knowledge gleamed from the occultic realm.
It may sound rediculous to you, but pls do a bit of research on nazi germany and occultism before you start throwing insults.
Don't get me wrong. I am not saying the possibility of "abnormalities" does not exist. I believe in God.
What i am saying is that i dont believe JUJU. By JUJU i mean the nigerian version of black magic.
Yes, real black magic may have existed, but the bulk of the things we hear are mainly fabricated.
For example, witches turning into cats, people dissappearing, and stuff like that. GSM killer phones, manhood disappearing. Those are the things i don't believe.

There was also this tale of how someone dissappeared from Kwara and appeared in Lagos. The guy said someone touched him and he appeared in Lagos. People were screaming JUJU. Nobody bothered to find out if the guy had some amnesia of some sort. SOmetimes the brain gets phucked up and you don't know what is going on and you lose your memory for a while. The guy could have boarded a bush subconsciously and headed to lagos without knowing it. We are quick to tag anything we cant explain as JUJU.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by plaetton: 6:10pm On Nov 02, 2011
Appology accepted. grin
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by plaetton: 6:21pm On Nov 02, 2011
phuck_NL:

Don't get me wrong. I am not saying the possibility of "abnormalities" does not exist. I believe in God.
What i am saying is that i dont believe JUJU. By JUJU i mean the nigerian version of black magic.
Yes, real black magic may have existed, but the bulk of the things we hear are mainly fabricated.
For example, witches turning into cats, people dissappearing, and stuff like that. GSM killer phones, manhood disappearing. Those are the things i don't believe.

There was also this tale of how someone dissappeared from Kwara and appeared in Lagos. The guy said someone touched him and he appeared in Lagos. People were screaming JUJU. Nobody bothered to find out if the guy had some amnesia of some sort. SOmetimes the brain gets phucked up and you don't know what is going on and you lose your memory for a while. The guy could have boarded a bush subconsciously and headed to lagos without knowing it. We are quick to tag anything we cant explain as JUJU.

Ofcourse I agree with you. because it is not a recognised science or area of study, there is no metheodology to it. That leaves the field open to all manners of quaks and fraudsters. aslo , becuase our native doctors and shamans are uneducated, they do not even understand the nature of the powers that they dabble in, so tend to take the short cut by faking things thier already gullible clients.
I am a science man with great interests in quantum and astro physics, but i canot deny the things that i witnessed while i lived with my aunt who was a native doctor. i wish she was alive today, so that i can employ scientific methodology to understand what she did and how she did them.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by phuckNL: 10:05pm On Nov 02, 2011
plaetton:

Ofcourse I agree with you. because it is not a recognised science or area of study, there is no metheodology to it. That leaves the field open to all manners of quaks and fraudsters. aslo , becuase our native doctors and shamans are uneducated, they do not even understand the nature of the powers that they dabble in, so tend to take the short cut by faking things thier already gullible clients.
I am a science man with great interests in quantum and astro physics, but i canot deny the things that i witnessed while i lived with my aunt who was a native doctor. i wish she was alive today, so that i can employ scientific methodology to understand what she did and how she did them.

Let me ask you this. Do you believe in those tales about people disappearing using juju?
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by splitnaija(m): 10:40pm On Nov 02, 2011
Now, let me add another personal experience.

While I was preparing to get married, it was compulsory for my wife & I to attend pre-marital classes. After work on one of the designated days, I joined her. At the end of the class that night, I realized that one of the  side mirrors of my car that was parked within the church premises  had been stolen. I went straight to the catechist that was resiiding within the church to copmplain and I was unhappy the more when he showed me his car that was parked a few distance away from mine and narrated how he met it vandalized two nigjhts back within the same premises.

I was dejected not because of the stolen mirror, but because I had a type of juju in the car that was meant to render the car impossible for any mortal to steal. And I said to myself, this juju may have been fake afterall. I pondered on this for a very long time and I wondered if the mirror thieves  wouldnkt have succeeded if they had attempted stealing the entire car. This made me very worried and I made up my mind that I was goong to return the juju whenever I had the opportunity. We were attending this church every sunday after the marriage (just to please my wife as I don't believe in organized religion, though I believe in the existence of God).

Eight (cool months after, whie @ the same church, a young boy whom I later found out worked @ the Church's bookshop walked up to me with the stolen mirror and handed it over to me (the mirror had my plate number inscvribed so I was sure it was really mine). When I asked how he came about the mirror, he said a fight  ensued between two young men over the custody of the mirror the very night it was stolen  and @ the end of the fight, they both agreed to hand over the mirror to him for onward delivery back to the owner. He said he has beenwatching out for me ever since until he finally saw me the day he handed oit over to me.

I simply thanked him, collected the mirror and went my way.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by splitnaija(m): 10:47pm On Nov 02, 2011
phuck_NL:

Let me ask you this. Do you believe in those tales about people disappearing using juju?

No I don't because I haven't really experienced it but the possibility cannot be entirely ruled out.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by phuckNL: 11:20pm On Nov 02, 2011
splitnaija:

Now, let me add another personal experience.

While I was preparing to get married, it was compulsory for my wife & I to attend pre-marital classes. After work on one of the designated days, I joined her. At the end of the class that night, I realized that one of the  side mirrors of my car that was parked within the church premises  had been stolen. I went straight to the catechist that was resiiding within the church to copmplain and I was unhappy the more when he showed me his car that was parked a few distance away from mine and narrated how he met it vandalized two nigjhts back within the same premises.

I was dejected not because of the stolen mirror, but because I had a type of juju in the car that was meant to render the car impossible for any mortal to steal. And I said to myself, this juju may have been fake afterall. I pondered on this for a very long time and I wondered if the mirror thieves  wouldnkt have succeeded if they had attempted stealing the entire car. This made me very worried and I made up my mind that I was goong to return the juju whenever I had the opportunity. We were attending this church every sunday after the marriage (just to please my wife as I don't believe in organized religion, though I believe in the existence of God).

Eight (cool months after, whie @ the same church, a young boy whom I later found out worked @ the Church's bookshop walked up to me with the stolen mirror and handed it over to me (the mirror had my plate number inscvribed so I was sure it was really mine). When I asked how he came about the mirror, he said a fight  ensued between two young men over the custody of the mirror the very night it was stolen  and @ the end of the fight, they both agreed to hand over the mirror to him for onward delivery back to the owner. He said he has beenwatching out for me ever since until he finally saw me the day he handed oit over to me.

I simply thanked him, collected the mirror and went my way.

Well i think the juju ought to have prevented them from stealing it in the first place. They probably just wanted to return it in my own opinion.
What baffles me though is why juju has to be so secretive if it is real.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by Ybutterfly: 12:39am On Nov 03, 2011
^^^^^^^^it I$ real 000^^^^^^^^ cool
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by plaetton: 2:27am On Nov 03, 2011
Knowledge is power. Special knowleged confers advantage.
Special knowlege and power always has to be kept secret.
" do not cast pearls before swine".
Infact, it is when such knowledge becomes common that it is adulterated and perverted. Unfortunately, the ancient egytpian priests gaurded their advanced knowledge so jealously that they often died without passing such knowledge to their acolytes.

The Us armed forces have for many decades been using what they call "scientific remote viewing". This is just a fancy name for juju. Google it and read up on it.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by splitnaija(m): 5:36am On Nov 03, 2011
@Phuck_nl

Have u heard of "magun"? It's a spell cast on any promiscuous woman by her jealous/suspicious husband such that any man that sleeps with her other than her husband summersaults or crows like a rooster three times (depending on the version installed) and then gives up the ghost -very common among the Yorubas.

Is there a scientific explanation for that?
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by splitnaija(m): 9:42am On Nov 03, 2011
@Phuck_nl

While growing up as a kid, it was a common sight on Lagos streets to see "malams" (as we used to call them then) use very sharp knives, cutlasses and swords on themselves without getting any cuts. All they got was a whistling sound resulting from the running of the weapons on their bodies.

I'm yet to see any scientific explanation for that as well.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by Kay17: 9:43am On Nov 03, 2011
Urban Legends!!

The Ijebus used their "scientific secrets" and got whooped! By commonsense.

Juju is ONLY for tales!
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by phuckNL: 9:10pm On Nov 03, 2011
splitnaija:

@Phuck_nl

Have u heard of "magun"? It's a spell cast on any promiscuous woman by her jealous/suspicious husband such that any man that sleeps with her other than her husband summersaults or crows like a rooster three times (depending on the version installed) and then gives up the ghost -very common among the Yorubas.

Is there a scientific explanation for that?

Actually most cases of magun were simply cases of the man developing high blood pressure/heart attack. Magun is just a fairy tale although one can also conclude that whatever is placed on the woman might have some potent virus which the man contracts after having sex. It is explainable. It is not JUJU. The JUJU i dont agree with is the one of people dissapearing, and armed robber charm types
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by phuckNL: 9:12pm On Nov 03, 2011
splitnaija:

@Phuck_nl

While growing up as a kid, it was a common sight on Lagos streets to see "malams" (as we used to call them then) use very sharp knives, cutlasses and swords on themselves without getting any cuts. All they got was a whistling sound resulting from the running of the weapons on their bodies.

I'm yet to see any scientific explanation for that as well.

magic tricks my friend. not juju. Ever seen the movie "The Prestige". Please watch it.
A lot of folks do that stuff in the west as well. You have people walking on nails, breathing fire and all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Telugu Christian Christmas Mp3 Songs FREE Download / I Saw Micheal Jackson, Whitney Houston In Hell & They Gave Me Message (PHOTOS) / Prophetic Word For You Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.