Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,170 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija (4645 Views)

Juju: Real Or Not? / Is Juju Real? / Angdatingdaan.org What Do You Think About This Site?let Have A Real Debate! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by JeSoul(f): 9:39pm On Nov 03, 2011
Nice discussion fellas. And also nice gentlemen, able to discuss with mutual respect and offer an apology should the need arise - a rare thing on NL. Kudos. A lot of this really comes down to ones personal experiences. What you've been opportuned to see vs not see. 

P_NL, do you personally believe in the supernatural? just curious.

Split_N, do you think that some occurences attributed to the supernatural may have perfectly logical explanations?

I watched a documentary once on the Discovery Channel (i think) about Voodoo in Haiti. They captured some pretty incredible footage of people walking on hot coals, handling deadly snakes, eating metal objects, some contorting their bodies in very deformed positions etc etc stuff like that. They concluded by saying none of the events could be verified. I was certain some of it was BS, others were a little more tricky to write off as trickery.

My point. I believe there are things that I do not know, and cannot explain. Such that even as I am a scientist myself, I try not to write off any possibilities - especially if I wasn't there myself.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by tpia5: 12:25am On Nov 04, 2011
Did split naija say he's in a relationship that requires him to go for pre marital counselling and he had juju in his car while doing so.

O ga oh.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by phuckNL: 3:19am On Nov 04, 2011
JeSoul:

Nice discussion fellas. And also nice gentlemen, able to discuss with mutual respect and offer an apology should the need arise - a rare thing on NL. Kudos. A lot of this really comes down to ones personal experiences. What you've been opportuned to see vs not see. 

Split_N, do you think that some occurences attributed to the supernatural may have perfectly logical explanations?

I watched a documentary once on the Discovery Channel (i think) about Voodoo in Haiti. They captured some pretty incredible footage of people walking on hot coals, handling deadly snakes, eating metal objects, some contorting their bodies in very deformed positions etc etc stuff like that. They concluded by saying none of the events could be verified. I was certain some of it was BS, others were a little more tricky to write off as trickery.

My point. I believe there are things that I do not know, and cannot explain. Such that even as I am a scientist myself, I try not to write off any possibilities - especially if I wasn't there myself.

Yes i do. I believe in God so i believe in the supernatural. I just find it hard to believe in a lot of nigerian "juju" since most of it has been "hearsay" so far.
My aunt and uncs, used to talk about people using "juju" to get visas and people dissappearing and i wondered why people would need visas if they had this strong "juju". why not dissappear and appear in "the land of the free" without getting a visa or using an airplane?
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 04, 2011
@ phuck NL,u seem 2 b slowly shifting 4rm ur initial stance.Initially,u said u didn't bliv in juju,nw u'v restricted ur disbelief to certain juju stories.Don't u think u'r slowly being won over or are u simply confused? And 4rm d way u started off,one wuld av thought that u didn't bliv in d supernatural altogether,but nw u say u do.My question nw is:can't juju b reconciled with d supernatural? isn't juju supernatural in itself? Or do u bliv in supernatural things only in organized religion? If that's d case,i'll say tales in organized religion are even more outrageous & harder 2 believe.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 04, 2011
@ phuck NL,u seem 2 b slowly shifting 4rm ur initial stance.Initially,u said u didn't bliv in juju,nw u'v restricted ur disbelief to certain juju stories.Don't u think u'r slowly being won over or are u simply confused? And 4rm d way u started off,one wuld av thought that u didn't bliv in d supernatural altogether,but nw u say u do.My question nw is:can't juju b reconciled with d supernatural? isn't juju supernatural in itself? Or do u bliv in supernatural things only in organized religion? If that's d case,i'll say tales in organized religion are even more outrageous & harder 2 believe.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by splitnaija(m): 11:11am On Nov 04, 2011
JeSoul:

I sincerely do, but not until I get relevant logical explanations for such occurences, I'm usually not in a hurry to brand them as natural.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by splitnaija(m): 11:22am On Nov 04, 2011
tpia@:

Did split naija say he's in a relationship that requires him to go for pre marital counselling and he had juju in his car while doing so.

O ga oh.

@tpia

Yes I did and my belief system doesn't see anything wrong with that. The reasons are: -

1. I went for pre-marital counselling to learn ways to live happily with my wife and make my marriage a succsess
2. I had the juju in my car to prevent it from being stolen as that might result in some hardship and incoveniences for me if it happens

Any religious undertone to any of these steps (as you are insinuating) is irrelevant to me as I don't believe in organized religion in the first place. And If you clearly analyze the two reasons above, you will see that they are tailored primarily towards my personal well being. I therefore don't see anything wrong in taking steps to improve my personal well being or at least maintain the status quo, so long as such steps don't in any way impact negatively on my fellow human.

However, let me quickly add that this thread is not about me having juju in my car, it's about the concept of juju in its entirety being real or imaginary. Therefore, if you have any relevant contribution in that regard, kindly drop a line or two.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by splitnaija(m): 12:12pm On Nov 04, 2011
phuck_NL:

Yes i do. I believe in God so i believe in the supernatural. I just find it hard to believe in a lot of nigerian "juju" since most of it has been "hearsay" so far.
My aunt and uncs, used to talk about people using "juju" to get visas and people dissappearing and i wondered why people would need visas if they had this strong "juju". why not dissappear and appear in "the land of the free" without getting a visa or using an airplane?

@phuck_nl

I used to have a colleague then who said his late uncle was into this "disappearing" juju thing whenever he was in any danger. Unfortunately, that colleague of mine is late now after being malhandled by some Airforce officers due to a minor traffic offence (may his soul rest in peace). Just like you, I argued with him then while he was alive because it sounds so imaginary to me. I still don't believe until perhaps someone demonstates it to me someday but I'm not going to conclude that it is imaginary either.

My paternal uncle (he's still very much alive) was at a social gathering some years back where palm-wine was served in glass cups by a particlar man from a jerry-can. As soon as my uncle lifted his hand to take his own glass of  palm-wine, the glass split into two and the content spilled. He kept his cool and just smiled. Immediately, the man that served the palm-wine went down on his kneels before my uncle in the presence of everyone begging for forgiveness. In his words, he was sent by some of my uncle's business associates to poison him.

Now, I know phuck_nl will be quick to say it was a mere coincidence that the glass got broken. But was it a co-incidence also that someome went down on his kneels immediately, confessing and asking for forgiveness at the same time? Or may be they were acting "home video".

I can recount several instances for you, but you are free to believe what you want to believe. Your unbelief will not in any way change the fact that juju is real.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by splitnaija(m): 12:38pm On Nov 04, 2011
phuck_NL:

Actually most cases of magun were simply cases of the man developing high blood pressure/heart attack. Magun is just a fairy tale although one can also conclude that whatever is placed on the woman might have some potent virus which the man contracts after Being Intimate. It is explainable. It is not JUJU. The JUJU i dont agree with is the one of people dissapearing, and armed robber charm types
@phuck_nl

I have shared a personal experience with you of how armed robbers failed on five different occasions to rob my house
I have shared a personal experience with you on how car thieves succeeded in stealing my car mirror but ended up returning it later by themselves.

I will not share stories from other people with you (even though they have been confirmed to be true) since you're having difficulties believing my personal experiences.

I'm of the opinion that you have a mindset of not believing anything juju even in the face of overwhelming evidences. May be this position will change someday when you are opportuned to witness one.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by phuckNL: 1:05pm On Nov 04, 2011
splitnaija:

@phuck_nl

I have shared a personal experience with you of how armed robbers failed on five different occasions to rob my house
I have shared a personal experience with you on how car thieves succeeded in stealing my car mirror but ended up returning it later by themselves.

I will not share stories from other people with you (even though they have been confirmed to be true) since you're having difficulties believing my personal experiences.

I'm of the opinion that you have a mindset of not believing anything juju even in the face of overwhelming evidences. May be this position will change someday when you are opportuned to witness one.

The reason i am skeptical untill i see it myself is because we as Nigerians lie a lot.
I have a particular statement 1 billion times ----"No be say dem tell, me , i dey there when the thing happen", Usually the person says it so people can believe him/her meanwhile he heard the story from someone else. I am not saying you didn't experience those situations, i am just skeptical because Nigerian lies can wake up Isaac Newton
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by plaetton: 2:06pm On Nov 04, 2011
back to my experiences: We had this oracle or juju in my village that was used to settle disputes and maintain peace. This oracle was highly feared. It had a shrine and a priest that performed chicken sacrifices every particular market day. It was said that the oracle had killed many thieves who had failed to return whatever they had stolen after being warned to do so. There is no way to verify wehter these people died from other natural causes or the juju, so i'm a bit sceptical about those claims in the absence of evidence.
However,at midnight on certain market days, the oracle travels from one of its shrine to another one in forest , following apraticular path that cut through our family house. on at least three occassions, i had witnessed this passage.
one particular night, A group of friends and I were gisting outside our compound long into the night. All of a sudden, we all felt a cold chill,all the night insects, crickets, toads etc, all went silent, we look ahead and we saw a blinking light from the disctance slowly approaching. we were so terrified that we could not even run. we just sat there silent because we know from legend that it hated noise. all of a sudden the blinking light went off, a cold breeze blew past in our direction and then the blinking light now came back , but now away from us in th opposite direction towards the forest.It had wlked past us . I had this encounter in at least two more occasions and many other people had witnessed similiar encounters.

Also, i heard that a certain woman(distant aunt) went to the farm several miles from my village, night befell her and she became disoriented and got lost. she spent several ours up to midnight trying to find her way but ended up going furth and futrther away from the village. Finally she started crying and shouted the name of this oracle to save her. according to her, a blinking light appeared in front of her, stood there for a while and then started moving away. she followed it until she reached our village and reunited with her desperately worried family. That was her tale. she is still alive. Interestingly, she was a strong christian at the time. If she had called on the name of jehova or jesus, the whole country would have heard of her great miracle.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:51pm On Nov 04, 2011
plaetton:

back to my experiences: We had this oracle or juju in my village that was used to settle disputes and maintain peace. This oracle was highly feared. It had a shrine and a priest that performed chicken sacrifices every particular market day. It was said that the oracle had killed many thieves who had failed to return whatever they had stolen after being warned to do so. There is no way to verify wehter these people died from other natural causes or the juju, so i'm a bit sceptical about those claims in the absence of evidence.
However,at midnight on certain market days, the oracle travels from one of its shrine to another one in forest , following  apraticular path that cut through our family house. on at least three occassions, i had witnessed this passage.
one particular night, A group of friends and I were gisting outside our compound long into the night. All of a sudden, we all felt a cold chill,all the night insects, crickets, toads etc, all went silent, we look ahead and we saw a blinking light from the disctance slowly approaching. we were so terrified that we could not even run. we just sat there silent because we know from legend that it hated noise. all of a sudden the blinking light went off, a cold breeze blew past in our direction and then the blinking light now came back , but now away from us in th opposite direction towards the forest.It had wlked past us . I had this encounter in at least two more occasions and many other people had witnessed similiar encounters.

Also, i heard that a certain woman(distant aunt) went to the farm several miles from my village, night befell her and she became disoriented and got  lost. she spent several ours up to midnight trying to find her way but ended up going furth and futrther away from the village. Finally she started crying  and shouted the name of this oracle to save her. according to her, a blinking light appeared in front of her, stood there for a while and then started moving away. she followed it until she reached our village and reunited with her  desperately worried family. That was her tale. she is still alive. I[b]nterestingly, she was a strong christian at the time. If she had called on the name of jehova or jesus, the whole country would have heard of her great miracle.[/b] 

that is so TRUE! if she would have said, Oh Lord jesus saved me!!!!, the entire country would have heard or wanted to hear about it, but then, NO, it was the old Gods and old religion who saved her, so no one is interested or wanted to hears here. *shamefully disgusting. angry tongue

if she would have called jesus' name, all she would have got into her already fightened mind would be, of a foolish man getting crucifixed, which would have scared her even more.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by Kay17: 10:13pm On Nov 04, 2011
I'm not surprised that someone believes that upon encounter with an unfamiliar phenomenon, is to presume its supernatural. Isnt that too far?! If there was the supernatural we would live in a chaotic world and you would be too frightened. frogs would fly, fire would freeze, mango trees would grow yams!

The funny thing is that this juju is like a magic lamp and you can wish anything. The Ijebus should have won the British, the Arochukwu should have defeated the British. Our ancestors would have had stable populations, and not be susceptible to diseases. But no, superstition gets tired when its to act
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by mazaje(m): 10:28pm On Nov 04, 2011
plaetton:

However,at midnight on certain market days, the oracle travels from one of its shrine to another one in forest , following  apraticular path that cut through our family house. on at least three occassions, i had witnessed this passage.

Also, i heard that a certain woman(distant aunt) went to the farm several miles from my village, night befell her and she became disoriented and got  lost. she spent several ours up to midnight trying to find her way but ended up going furth and futrther away from the village. Finally she started crying  and shouted the name of this oracle to save her. according to her, a blinking light appeared in front of her, stood there for a while and then started moving away. she followed it until she reached our village and reunited with her  desperately worried family. That was her tale. she is still alive. Interestingly, she was a strong christian at the time. If she had called on the name of jehova or jesus, the whole country would have heard of her great miracle. 

The question is where were all these juju when the white people came around destroying the evil forest, taking many of the juju Gods to europe and dumping them in their museums ?. . . .We always hear about these fantastic stories ONLY in Africa and other under developed worlds. . .Where were the juju's when the white people were using ancient guns to conquered our lands and enslave our people?. . .Where were the juju Gods when the white men brought their religion and forced it upon our ancestors who knew NOTHING but juju?. . .If juju is real the white people would have been worshiping the juju Gods and speaking our languages. . . .
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by plaetton: 10:39pm On Nov 04, 2011
mazaje:

The question is where were all these juju when the white people came around destroying the evil forest, taking many of the juju Gods to and dumping them in their museums ?. . . .We always hear about these fantastic stories ONLY in Africa and other under developed worlds. . .Where were the juju's when the white people were using ancient guns to conquered our lands and enslave our people?. . .Where were the juju Gods when the white men brought their religion and forced it upon our ancestors who knew NOTHING but juju?. . .If juju is real the white people would have been worshiping the juju Gods and speaking our languages. . . .

My friend, I ask the same questions. There seem to be no answers. However, that doe snot mean that phenomena that defy our known physical laws do not exist. UFO's have been tracked on radar flying at 88,000 mile per hour and then dissapearing into thin air.
Like Isaid before, prominent nazi's confessed that they had supernatural help in building their war machines. i think the universe exist in multiple dimensions.
I think our juju priests(the real ones are not even well aquinted with the powers they dabble in. If they did, they would seek real knowledge that can be applied to do greater things rather the petty things they do to pander to the often selfish desires of their ignorant clients.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by plaetton: 10:48pm On Nov 04, 2011
Yes. Historically, anything we do not understand falls within the realm of the supernatural. For example, we read as a supernatural event that prophet Elijah was carried to heaven on a chariot of fire, right? but just suppose that chariot of fire was actually an aircraft of some sort piloted by technologically advanced beings? for the primitive people of that era,the best name to give such a craft would be a chariot of fire. Not so?
The bottom line is that we know soooooo little of all the laws that govern our universe.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by mazaje(m): 12:43am On Nov 05, 2011
plaetton:

Yes. Historically, anything we do not understand falls within the realm of the supernatural. For example, we read as a supernatural event that prophet Elijah was carried to heaven on a chariot of fire, right? but just suppose that chariot of fire was actually an aircraft of some sort piloted by technologically advanced beings? for the primitive people of that era,the best name to give such a craft would be a chariot of fire. Not so?
The bottom line is that we know soooooo little of all the laws that govern our universe.

I agreed completely with the part in bold. . . .
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by tpia5: 1:25am On Nov 05, 2011
i suppose it would be too hard to think the blinking lights can be done by a human being.  Cover the light source with your hand or a cloth and that's your blinking SOS code.

it might also be too hard to believe actual people might be living or spending most of their time in, these dark and dangerous forests.

outcasts, cults, sick people, etc?

just my two cents.

i already asked before if babies who were thrown into these evil forests in ancient times, were picked up and taken elsewhere by unknown characters.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:01am On Nov 05, 2011
mazaje:

The question is where were all these juju when the white people came around destroying the evil forest, taking many of the juju Gods to europe and dumping them in their museums ?. . . .We always hear about these fantastic stories ONLY in Africa and other under developed worlds. . .Where were the juju's when the white people were using ancient guns to conquered our lands and enslave our people?. . .Where were the juju Gods when the white men brought their religion and forced it upon our ancestors who knew NOTHING but juju?. . .If juju is real the white people would have been worshiping the juju Gods and speaking our languages. . . .

YOU CANNOT JUST SUMMON THE GODS WHENEVER YOU PLEASE. THEY ARE NOT OUR TOYS, NOR DO THEY INTERFERE DIRECTLY IN HUMAN ISSUES. THIS IS HOW THEY TEST THEIR CREATIONS. IT IS UPTO US TO FIGHT FOR OUR JUSTICE AND TRUTH.

THE GODS HELP ONLY THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES. angry

and no Gods were taken back to europe. it is just the idols that were taken. The Gods still live on in Nigeria for eternity. it is just that WE have abandoned them, which is why today, we wallow in poverty and misery, while pastors and imams empty the pockets off hard earned money. angry
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by plaetton: 8:34am On Nov 05, 2011
Juju is like an invisible high voltage power line. Most amatures who meddle with it get burnt simply because they do not understand the rules governing it. Very Few are able to tap into this resevoir of power safely to achieve some ends. It is very little understood and therefore dangerous, but real.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by splitnaija(m): 9:03am On Nov 05, 2011
plaetton:

Juju is like an invisible high voltage power line. Most amatures who meddle with it get burnt simply because they do not understand the rules governing it. Very Few are able to tap into this resevoir of power safely to achieve some ends. It is very little understood and therefore dangerous, but real.
@plaetton
Thanks for this input, there's really no better analogy for juju other than this.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by tpia5: 1:43pm On Nov 05, 2011
Plaetton

i would like your comment on my post about the blinking lights.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by plaetton: 3:20pm On Nov 05, 2011
tpia@:

Plaetton

i would like your comment on my post about the blinking lights.

Yes , anything is possible, but what you are implying is unrealistic.
In the case, I narrated above, i witnessed not only the blinking lights in the far distance, but it dissapeared and reappeared in the opposite side. Weo felt the cold chill and the sense of forboding when it went past us. Even the night creatures all went silent. No human can pull that kind of trick.It was not a one time or isolated incident.The oracle was brought to our village over a hundred yrs ago from Ikot Epkene in Akwa Ibom. The preisthood run from certain families only. The priest is a normal man but he is sworn to live a modest virtous life. There are no financial gains for him. the juju is only used as a last resort whenever all other efforts to settle disputes are exhausted.

Let me give you another gist that i just remembered: My grandmother had misplaced a large sum of money and she thought it had been stolen. She cried and pleaded for whoever had taken the money to return it,but got no response.So she ran to the juju priest to invoke the oracle. she paid taken fee of chicken to be sacrificed. after about a month her body began to swell. she went to the doctors but they could not find out what was wrong with her. her liver seemed fine after some tests, but her body kept swelling. It took her a while to realise what must have been happening,she quickly went to the priest who confirmed that the oracle had attacked her because it seemed that no one had taken her money. she went back home, did a thorough search and found her money. naturally she had to bring more chicken to appease the oracle and that is how she got her health back. she is still alive in her nineties.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by plaetton: 3:25pm On Nov 05, 2011
Imagine if this kind of juju was still effective. Imagine if our elected leaders swear to this type of juju when taking office instead of the bible and koran(foriegn handbooks of immorality). lol
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:49pm On Nov 05, 2011
^hopefully it will happen.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by mazaje(m): 4:17pm On Nov 05, 2011
plaetton:

Yes , anything is possible, but what you are implying is unrealistic.
In the case, I narrated above, i witnessed not only the blinking lights in the far distance, but it dissapeared and reappeared in the opposite side. Weo felt the cold chill and the sense of forboding when it went past us. Even the night creatures all went silent. No human can pull that kind of trick.It was not a one time or isolated incident.The oracle was brought to our village over a hundred yrs ago from Ikot Epkene in Akwa Ibom. The preisthood run from certain families only. The priest is a normal man but he is sworn to live a modest virtous life. There are no financial gains for him. the juju is only used as a last resort whenever all other efforts to settle disputes are exhausted.

Let me give you another gist that i just remembered: My grandmother had misplaced a large sum of money and she thought it had been stolen. She cried and pleaded for whoever had taken the money to return it,but got no response.So she ran to the juju priest to invoke the oracle. she paid taken fee of chicken to be sacrificed. after about a month her body began to swell. she went to the doctors but they could not find out what was wrong with her. her liver seemed fine after some tests, but her body kept swelling. It took her a while to realise what must have been happening,she quickly went to the priest who confirmed that the oracle had attacked her because it seemed that no one had taken her money. she went back home, did a thorough search and found her money. naturally she had to bring more chicken to appease the oracle and that is how she got her health back. she is still alive in her nineties.

Them say them say. . . .Yet have Nigerians crying and complaining about armed robbery and insecurity ALL the time , eh?. . . .I asked a simple question. Where where the oracles when the white men came beat up most of their priest, killed some of them, forced their children to accept their religion against their wish, destroyed their temples, forced them to stop most of their ritual exercise etc?. . . .Why didn't any thing happened to the white men that took most of the juju idols and dumped them in their various museums abroad. . . .

If Juju is real you think Africans will be practicing christianity and islam?. . . .The white man would have been speaking our languages and we would have conquered them if any of the stories and fairly tales you are saying is true. . .Nigerians will NOT be crying of insecurity at all if you fairy tales are true. . .
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:48pm On Nov 05, 2011
^wow you really are thick. undecided
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by plaetton: 5:09pm On Nov 05, 2011
@mazaje.
My good friend, u are well read and have a good understanding of human nature.Priesthoods the world over are all the same. they always add false twists to sublime truths in order gain power and advantage. it happened in ancient egypt, ancient isreal, babylon, rome and down to our moden day religions. Because of this ,its hard to know what is real and what is fake.

Another angle I want to look at this is the power of human consciousness(also very little understood).
It is my personal  conviction that human consciousness is the key to undersatnding juju. juju is effective when consciousness is tuned in to such frequencies. When the collective consciousness is turned away from such, then it fades into myth. Since human consciousness is always evolving, old truths tend to become myths when our consciousness can no longer percieve certain phenomena.
In ancient egypt,apprentice priests would spend 20yrs to develope and sharpen the hemisphere of their mind that is responsible for extra sensory perceptions.
And what makes you think that juju did not deal with the white invaders?. african juju was not harmonised for war and defence. there was no methodology to the practice of african juju. There were no manuals and organised preisthood that underwent any kind of formal training on their craft.  
Come to think of it, every religion and every religious rite is a form of juju. Not so?
Infact modern science, as we all know evolved from what was known as alchemy. Alchemy was a mixture of religious ideas, mysticism and occult magic.When early alchemist proposed the existence of an  all-pervading invisible force that ran through the known universe which they called the ether, they were ridiculed and some were burnt for such a heresy. But today, we call it electromagnetic waves.
The scientific method of observation, experimentation and analysis was insituted to weed out falsehood and seperate the wheat from the shaffe.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by tpia5: 5:14pm On Nov 05, 2011
Plaetton

you felt a cold chill and the insects stopped chirping.

Let me give you a couple of scenarios:

1. Insects and wildlife will go silent if they sense a predator around. Predators could be a leopard or any animal at the top of the food chain. Your blinking light could be the glowing eyes of some beast, or the lamp trick i mentioned earlier. And yes, it wasnt unusual to find tamed leopards in some circles at one time, in nigeria. They were generally needed for royalty.

2. Body swelling could either be excessive weight gain or the oracle sent someone to drop something in somebody's food as a warning. If enquiries were made and nobody was found to have taken the money.

Yorubas call all these things aye, meaning world or society.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by tpia5: 5:17pm On Nov 05, 2011
And as per cold wind blowing- rather subjective and in any case fear usually gives people goosebumps. For oyibos, they'll say the hair on the back of their neck stood up.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by plaetton: 5:49pm On Nov 05, 2011
C'mon. What are are the chances of all these your scenarios playing out in concert?
healthy scepticism is good. I am one myself. Just dont be a hostage to any ism. keep an open mind. I am just relating events as they happened to me. I guess there is no point trying to convince you if your mind is made up .
"A man convince against his will,
is of the same opinion still"
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by plaetton: 5:59pm On Nov 05, 2011
tpia@:

Plaetton

you felt a cold chill and the insects stopped chirping.

Let me give you a couple of scenarios:

1. Insects and wildlife will go silent if they sense a predator around. Predators could be a leopard or any animal at the top of the food chain. Your blinking light could be the glowing eyes of some beast, or the lamp trick i mentioned earlier. And yes, it wasnt unusual to find tamed leopards in some circles at one time, in nigeria. They were generally needed for royalty.

2. Body swelling could either be excessive weight gain or the oracle sent someone to drop something in somebody's food as a warning. If enquiries were made and nobody was found to have taken the money.

Yorubas call all these things aye, meaning world or society.

Think about my friend, if they had not invented the microscope, would we have known about microscopic lifeforms like bacteria and viruses? and that trhey were the causes of illness and death? you can only see them through a specially made device. not so?
If we did not have telescopes, how would we have known about other planest in our solar system and their sizes and characteristics.
Because we have not invented specialiazed instruments to study and unserstand the realm of juju.
If you subscribe to any of the world's major religions, then you invariably involved in one form of juju or another. Do you agree?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Our Daily Manna Devotion Fasting And Prayers / Criminals Don't Seem To Respect MOGs Anymore / 66 Books Of The Bible In Audio Format - Youtube

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.