Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Is Marriage A Failed Union? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marriage A Failed Union? (8393 Views)

Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story / So This Is Marriage? / Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Stable Marriage (a Must Read for young ladies) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Marriage A Failed Union? by Meddymeddy: 11:04pm On Dec 28, 2023
I have seen plentiful post about failed marriages on the Internet. Most marriages only last a couple of years before divorce comes up. Although there are few happy marriages. The ratio for happy marriages and failed marriages is 20:80. There are many factors that contribute to failed marriages which include cheating, unfaithfulness, finance etc. Some just wake up and realise that their wife is no longer attractive ( did they force her on you? ). Back in the days marriages were pre set up whereby couples barely knows themselves. Nowadays you see couple dating for 6-10years and when they finally get married issues will start poping up.

Maybe marriage should be like a contact after some years it will be terminated depending on how long the couple want it to be

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by Kobojunkie: 11:16pm On Dec 28, 2023
Meddymeddy:
■ I have seen plentiful post about failed marriages on the Internet. Most marriages only last a couple of years before divorce comes up. Although there are few happy marriages. The ratio for happy marriages and failed marriages is 20:80. There are many factors that contribute to failed marriages which include cheating, unfaithfulness, finance etc. Some just wake up and realise that their wife is no longer attractive ( did they force her on you? ). Back in the days marriages were pre set up whereby couples barely knows themselves. Nowadays you see couple dating for 6-10years and when they finally get married issues will start poping up.
Maybe marriage should be like a contact after some years it will be terminated depending on how long the couple want it to be

The ratio of happy to unhappy marriages means absolutely nothing since Marriage has always been a contract between man and woman, and like most all other contracts, can be terminated by the parties involved. undecided

Marriage has ALWAYS been exactly that with divorce as the accepted and legal way of terminating the union. So why do you not know this? undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by shortgun(m): 11:22pm On Dec 28, 2023
The modern man should continue to deceive themselves till eternity but the truth remains that 1 woman will never meet the needs of a man sexually, emotionally or in functionality. angry
As long as women continue to push for equal authority with men in households, the result will always be disastrous.

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by SeaTrade(m): 11:54pm On Dec 28, 2023
I think marriage was imposed on humans for reasons best known to its creators.
Men want more women,women want more men.
You give this,you lack that ,etc...
Is it something I'm excited about?No.
Will I do it?Well maybe,time shall tell.
Am I scared about it?Yes.
Will I trust my spouse?Well I honestly don't know but I highly doubt it.
It's hard to completely trust a person cos along the line,you'd get disappointed one way or the other,
The only reason a lot of people still trust their unions is ignorance,shine a little light to the dark and all hell breaks lose.
I've learnt to tolerate some excesses and ignore a lot as I grow older when it comes to this whole union thing,just give me my space abeg and don't be all up in my face as I won't do same to you.
If you want to have more,feel free cos I won't even investigate,just don't bring back diseases to pass to me cos I'd kill you honestly.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by socialmediaman: 12:23am On Dec 29, 2023
People these days consider love as a feeling rather than a decision (choice).

Having said that, let me also note that while 50% of first marriages fail, many divorced people go ahead to remarry and live stable married lives

So yes, marriages are failing at a much higher rate than before, but many people are living happy lives after they remarried, they learned something from their previous marriages that was helpful when the next marriage happened

Talking about learning, for example, when these men-haters and women-beaters end up in a divorce and eventually get the therapy which they didn’t have before their previous marriages, they sometimes learn something positive that helps them become better people

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by Kobojunkie: 12:45am On Dec 29, 2023
SeaTrade:
I think marriage was imposed on humans for reasons best known to its creators. Men want more women,women want more men. You give this,you lack that ,etc... Is it something I'm excited about?No. Will I do it?Well maybe,time shall tell. Am I scared about it?Yes. Will I trust my spouse? Well I honestly don't know but I highly doubt it.
Humans are fallible beings by nature — untrustworthy from their birth. So, what does that say of you who think trust should feature in a conversation regarding marriage— an agreement between two human beings? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by NaBanga: 12:56am On Dec 29, 2023
People used to marry young and die early. People are marrying later and living longer. Women are more financially buoyant. Marriage was not meant to last so long.

3 Likes

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by Fiscus105(m): 7:26am On Dec 29, 2023
Meddymeddy:
I have seen plentiful post about failed marriages on the Internet. Most marriages only last a couple of years before divorce comes up. Although there are few happy marriages. The ratio for happy marriages and failed marriages is 20:80. There are many factors that contribute to failed marriages which include cheating, unfaithfulness, finance etc. Some just wake up and realise that their wife is no longer attractive ( did they force her on you? ). Back in the days marriages were pre set up whereby couples barely knows themselves. Nowadays you see couple dating for 6-10years and when they finally get married issues will start poping up.

You asked yourself, how many successful MARRIAGES comming to social media to advertise?

The several failed marriage u read on social media are they all true?

The loud of few failed MARRIAGES are they not overshadowed several SUCCESSFUL MARRIAGES?

...and above all, hope u know different between failed economy/ wen man going through turbulence time and stormy Marriage (wen someone is going through stormy of life but u mistaken it for marital crises)

And lastly.......is single, single-father or single mother not passing through difficulty time as well?

Emeka separated/ divorced more than 7 years now.... does it make his life free from battle of life now? is he not embittered man still as a single father?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by Fiscus105(m): 7:47am On Dec 29, 2023
socialmediaman:
People these days consider love as a feeling rather than a decision (choice).

Having said that, let me also note that while 50% of first marriages fail, many divorced people go ahead to remarry and live stable married lives

So yes, marriages are failing at a much higher rate than before, but many people are living happy lives after they remarried, they learned something from their previous marriages that was helpful when the next marriage happened

Talking about learning, for example, when these men-haters and women-beaters end up in a divorce and eventually get the therapy which they didn’t have before their previous marriages, they sometimes learn something positive that helps them become better people

If ur position about remarried and enjoy Marriage latter is true, it means it's the people who going to MARRIAGE that are making mistake in first attempt and not Marriage itself.

People do go to into Marriage unrealistically after fee months to years in marriage the reality would now down on them.

3 Likes

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by BloomingDale(f): 9:25am On Dec 29, 2023
SeaTrade:
It's hard to completely trust a person cos along the line,you'd get disappointed one way or the other,
The only reason a lot of people still trust their unions is ignorance,shine a little light to the dark and all hell breaks lose.
I've learnt to tolerate some excesses and ignore a lot as I grow older when it comes to this whole union thing,just give me my space abeg and don't be all up in my face as I won't do same to you.
If you want to have more,feel free cos I won't even investigate,just don't bring back diseases to pass to me cos I'd kill you honestly.

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by BadBradley: 9:27am On Dec 29, 2023
SeaTrade:
you talk like a female and also one that is very ignorant and confused.

You also appear weak, cowardly, afraid of responsibility and lacking in leadership.

Show me your pussy, I don't believe you're a male

6 Likes

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by GRACEGLORY: 9:28am On Dec 29, 2023
No, it’s not

NOT marriage, but WEDDING is an event. Matrimony is indeed a lifetime commitment! The wedding might be completed in a day, but "marriage" is what happens "after" that one-day celebration.

Living through marriage like it’s an event is one of the reasons you may think it’s a failed union.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by SUCCESS4ALLOFUS(m): 9:31am On Dec 29, 2023

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by YelloweWest: 9:32am On Dec 29, 2023
I won't call it failed but it's hard.

Especially if you are not friends.

Marry a friend you have a lot of common interests.

If you both want the same things and think alike, marriage is indeed enjoyable.

I didn't tow this path... I married very young.

My spouse and I are two good people committed to our vows but we have little or nothing in common.

Our commitment keeps us together.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by Kingrshd3: 9:32am On Dec 29, 2023
Not really a failed union but the way the society is programmed this days with the invention of social media has caused 90% of broken home..

There are many things online on tick Tok, Facebook, Instagram etc has made many housewives olosho and fast way of making money with coded sex worker tag ..

So if husband say anything she don't have time to beg because they see marriage as bondage when their friends are cashing out

The list go on and on

13 Likes

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by flokii: 9:32am On Dec 29, 2023
I don't know why but opinion polls suggest that marriage is more or less a trap for men, but a lucrative venture for women.

The man gets to shoulder all the burden, pay bills and spend endlessly, but the woman gets to live comfortably and keep her money all to herself.

4 Likes

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by elder1002: 9:34am On Dec 29, 2023
The beautiful side of marriage is the friendship, companionship that comes with it, this is by far the most beautiful aspect,
Aside this, there is nothing preety much attractive, in summaary without this its hard to love, you easily fall out of love, a living bondage. Husbands who don't just known how to stir up joy and wives who are as lazy as you can think of 😅😅... The end you end up with both partners with mutual understanding,0 love and just being tolerant of each other for the next couple of years till death do them part.

Happy in picures, happy in public.
But tolerant of each other in private.
Even VERY difficult to exhibit affections to each other in private.
The divorce rate this days are skyrocketing, then we understand that marriage is far *more deeper than sex itself*

If there is no love, true genuine love, omoh , if you like have a plantation of wealth that covers the sea, its very difficult for you to pleasure and please someone who has fallen out of love.

Truly, it deeply takes *Love* to keep a home.
Teachings on marriage this days add , no , you need this and that and those 😅😅..

The foundation for a sustainable and long lasting relationship is love, try to prioritize any other instrument and make love a second option and see how your relationship collapse bit by bit..

There is no subistute for love, its far deep that hunans can comprehend, that is why love is likened to SACRICICES.

That's why love has to stand the *test of time* before it can be translated to true love.

Most marriages break up, relationships fall out of love, no butterflies in their bellies as it was at first time 😅😅.

Husband's beating wives, wives disrespecting husbands, relationship having second thoughts about themselves after a couple of years together.

*Time, the true revealer*

*TIME THE TRUE REVEALER*

You don't have to prove anything to anybody, you don't have to force people to do certain things to showcase how much they are head over heels for you.

*ALLOW TIME DO THE PROVING*

untill love has stood the test of time, then it translates to *TRUE LOVE*

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by wwwtortoise(m): 9:34am On Dec 29, 2023
When I’m ready to walk that path, I’ll draft a prenuptial and postnuptial agreement.

There’s more to marriage than emotions/fleeting feelings and as such should be handled with business gloves.

Cr7 is my model in that regard.

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by Kingrshd3: 9:36am On Dec 29, 2023
flokii:
I don't know why but opinion polls suggest that marriage is more or less a trap for men, but a lucrative venture for women.

The man gets to shoulder all the burden, pay bills and spend endlessly, but the woman gets to live comfortably and keep her money all to herself.

My brother the bills no be here 😔

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by DARLINGTON869(m): 9:36am On Dec 29, 2023
Op, marriage is not a failed union biko. Stop discouraging potential youths with this mindset of failed marriages being the order of the day. Just as there are failed marriages everywhere, so is it with successful marriages too. It all boils down to the factors that acted as a basis or foundation for the union.

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by EvangelistChuks(m): 9:38am On Dec 29, 2023
Is a man a failed project ? Cos God created him perfect until sin happened and everything went downward.The Marriage institution was made perfect by God until sin found and corrupted what was good.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by emkz: 9:38am On Dec 29, 2023
Marriage is not a failed union. Marriages fail because man fails.

That marriages fail is a result of the decisions of those involved.

(1) Why do people get married? Why do you want to get married?
(2) The thing we bandy around claiming it is "love", how many people will remain in love when the thing that fuels the love is missing? It could be finance, sex, body structure, and all sorts of things. Would you remain with someone who suffers a mental incapacity during your marriage?
(3) How many married people are truly friends with their spouses? You find many entering marriages calculating how it would be used for poverty alleviation, endless sex (which gets tiring after a while) and security. Some even get married to pepper their peers, while others do it to look responsible. Many more do it because it is the next thing to do after a certain age. Some even do it for childbirth.
(4) Following on point 3, some get married and are lonely in marriages because their spouses have unfulfilled hopes and expectations with some ex who they really preferred to be with. They expect a certain satisfaction from the marriage which they do not get.

My conclusion is that marriages fail because man does not really like something good. Give them a fulfilling life, they'd find a way to ruin it. If not, why would a man or woman ruin his or her household with his own hands?

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by Lemos14: 9:38am On Dec 29, 2023
flokii:
I don't know why but opinion polls suggests that marriage is more or less a trap for men, but a lucrative venture for women.

To make matters worse, women of nowadays domt have anything to even offer except sexual, emotional and financial baggage. Why would any man work so hard to build him self and then sign up to marry such a person? Unfortunately most men now just marry because of figure 8 forgetting that marriage is not the same as relationships

4 Likes

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by EvangelistChuks(m): 9:39am On Dec 29, 2023
If the purpose of a thing is not known,abuse of it is inevitable.Abuse means abnormal use of a thing.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by oluwaseyi0: 9:41am On Dec 29, 2023
Actually so many marriage are still working and moving on fine

This is the era of internet where few bad news will hit the headlines thereby making it look like good news doesn't exist

So many marriage offline are doing well, just that they don't run to the press or social media about their average but going well marriage unlike the loud mouthed marriage failures

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by spiSeyi: 9:42am On Dec 29, 2023
God instituted marriage from the beginning when he gave Adam to Eve and everything God created was good including marriage, and God never failed. Meaning, a marriage created according to Godly principles will never fail.
What makes marriage fail these days is that most marriages are built upon societal values undecided most couples fail the principle of marriage i.e. "The bone of my flesh" God created marriage for couples of the same minds and values, not the societal standard that is based on wealth, beauty, s*x, culture, and other material things.
The bottom line is to marry someone who shares the same values and mind as you "The bone of your flesh" and men should marry their helper (a lady who will support their dreams) because that is the main reason the first marriage was created i.e. a helpmeet for Adam
Marriage is not a failed institution just because some are failing in it
Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by flokii: 9:43am On Dec 29, 2023
Lemos14:

To make matters worse, women of nowadays domt have anything to even offer except sexual, emotional and financial baggage. Why would any man work so hard to build him self and then sign up to marry such a person? Unfortunately most men now just marry because of figure 8 forgetting that marriage is not the same as relationships

Words on marble.. "marriage is not the same as relationships".
They jump in and jump out in the same manner.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by tete7000(m): 9:43am On Dec 29, 2023
shortgun:
The modern man should continue to deceive themselves till eternity but the truth remains that 1 woman will never meet the needs of a man sexually, emotionally or in functionality. angry
As long as women continue to push for equal authority with men in households, the result will always be disastrous.

You mean an unredeemed man, the man who still continues to live according to the dictate of his flesh? For such a man, his quest for fresh toto is endless and insatiable. He is lost and can never be satisfied with millions of women in his harem. It is just something beyond him.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by johnog4sure: 9:44am On Dec 29, 2023
They won't allow married people to comment...

People who enjoying stable marriages dont come online to show off, that is why it seems there are more bad marriages than good ones.

To have a stable marriage both couple must want and need it! You must want the marriage, because you need a family, other things falls behind this, talking as a married man

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Impregnates Mother, Daughter / I Am Tired Of This Marriage.. I Want Out.. / What Makes A Good Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.