Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Fulfulling Our Duty To God: By Repentance From Dead Works - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fulfulling Our Duty To God: By Repentance From Dead Works (865 Views)

See What This Dude Is Giving To God / Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo / Prospering By Seeking God By Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fulfulling Our Duty To God: By Repentance From Dead Works by chumakk: 5:05pm On Sep 16, 2007
Fulfulling Our Duty to God: By Repentance from Dead Works
"Even now," declares the LORD, "return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning." Rend (tear) your heart and not your garments. Return to the LORD your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity.

Who knows? He may turn and have pity and leave behind a blessing-- grain offerings and drink offerings for the LORD your God.

Joel 2:12-14 NIV

But when I say to the wicked, "You will surely die,' and he turns from his sin and practices justice and righteousness, if a wicked man restores a pledge, pays back what he has taken by robbery, walks by the statutes which ensure life without committing iniquity, he shall surely live; he shall not die.

None of his sins that he has committed will be remembered against him. He has practiced justice and righteousness; he shall surely live.

Ezekiel 33:14-16 NASB

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift:
Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God is the object of
our faith; the only faith that saves is faith in Him.
Re: Fulfulling Our Duty To God: By Repentance From Dead Works by chumakk: 5:22pm On Sep 16, 2007
To receive the TEXT edition of Daily Encounter rather than this HTML edition with pictures, CLICK HERE to change your address.

"When you give someone a book, you don't give him just paper, ink, and glue. You give him the possibility of a whole new life." – Christopher Morley, 1890-1957, Novelist, Journalist and Poet

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

1. Now—The Only Time We Ever Have

God's Word says, "Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation."1

Several years ago my mother and I invited Joyce, a cousin of mine, and her husband to come to a special week of gospel meetings at our church. During the invitation to accept Jesus as one's Savior, I could see that my cousin was really struggling with the call to accept Jesus as her Savior. Tragically she resisted and said no to Him. She passed away recently and I don't know if she ever did accept Jesus as her Savior. All I know is that she had the opportunity to receive God's forgiveness and his gift of eternal life but at that time she said no to God's offer.

Motivational speaker, Jim Rohn, said, "I find it fascinating that most people plan their vacations with better care than they plan their lives." To this I would add—how unbelievably tragic it is when, even if we do plan for this life carefully, we fail to make plans for the afterlife—which is forever—forever.

I know that when I get to Heaven I will see my mother, my father and my sisters and friends who have gone ahead of me because they had made their peace with God by asking for God's forgiveness and accepting Jesus as their Savior, but I don't know if I will ever see my cousin, Joyce, again. That makes me very sad.

Remember that for all of us, "Opportunity comes to pass—not to pause." So whatever you do, my friend, make plans—today—for life after death to make your peace with God. We have absolutely no guarantee of tomorrow so be sure to do that—today—for as God's Word reminds us "now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation."1

Suggested prayer: Dear God, thank you that today you are giving me the invitation and opportunity to receive your forgiveness of all my sins and giving me the gift of eternal life with the assurance of a home in heaven to be with you forever. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully in Jesus' name, amen."
Re: Fulfulling Our Duty To God: By Repentance From Dead Works by chumakk: 5:23pm On Sep 16, 2007
Happiness Immediately After Death
Future Blessings Are Ours:

Happiness Immediately After Death
What a wonderful, wonderful God we serve,

For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. Having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better.

Philippians 1:21,23 KJV

Ye are come unto mount Zion, unto the heavenly Jerusalem, and to God the Judge of all men, and to the spirits of just men made perfect.

Hebrews 12:22,23

Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth; yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labors; and their works do follow them.

Revelation 14:13 KJV

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift:
Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God is the object of
our faith; the only faith that saves is faith in Him.

(1) (Reply)

On Whos Side Is Bin Laden? / Daily Devotional For Nairalanders. / Lenten Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.