Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) (50748 Views)

Native Doctor Storms His Bank To Demand Access To His Money (pics/video) / Huge Pile Of Naira Notes Stored At Someone's Home (Pics, Video) / Ebonyi Mall: The Largest Mall In Nigeria Almost Completed (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by Ovokoo: 1:38pm On Dec 30, 2023
On Christmas eve, I went to buy a cow and goat at one of the markets in Lagos and I was shocked when I was told that I have to pay before I can enter the market. Of course, it was cheap (just 50 naira) but isn't it strange that I have to pay to access a place that I'm going to spend my money.

Does any other market have this system?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbyrFlGzbq8

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by Zonefree(m): 1:46pm On Dec 30, 2023
What's the N50 for? Visa on arrival? undecided

243 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by otipoju(m): 1:51pm On Dec 30, 2023
Jabagan legacy for lagos. Na the way dem dey take generate IGR na him you dey see so.

Forget the big English....internally generated revenue. Na how the thing dey play be this for real life.

213 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by illicit(m): 2:35pm On Dec 30, 2023
Don't pay then

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by eepeepook: 4:48pm On Dec 30, 2023
Dey play.

4 Likes

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by sofeo(m): 3:17pm On Feb 02
Let's take a look.

1 Like

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by emmabest2000(m): 3:17pm On Feb 02
Zonefree:

Gate fee

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by Afonjacrusder(f): 3:17pm On Feb 02

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by santaclaws: 3:17pm On Feb 02
Zonefree:

Visa on arrival 😂😂😂

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by SeeWahala: 3:18pm On Feb 02
Na so, it's a part of the laid down legacies of emilokan concerning IGR development in his lagos cool

94 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by Lomprico2: 3:18pm On Feb 02
Na tifnubu daughter aka iyaloja yorubawide money be dat

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by daveP(m): 3:18pm On Feb 02
Law dey look
Corruption dey rule
Rule of Corruption
Law na boiboi

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by eazzzy1(m): 3:19pm On Feb 02
It’s for crowd control. Making sure the people coming in to market are people who should be in the market. That’s the only logical explanation I can think of.

As long as it isn’t a hidden charge, they let you know from the gate and you do have a choice to pay or turn back.

78 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by olaiya2007(m): 3:19pm On Feb 02
Lol... Hearing this for the first time though

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by kollog: 3:19pm On Feb 02
Most Lagosians, if not all, works for Tinubu.

Try n do further research in order to understand the point.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by Caramia2020(m): 3:19pm On Feb 02
It's also happening in Tomatoes market in Effurun Sapele road, I don't really the essence.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by fineboynl(m): 3:20pm On Feb 02
Lagidi is a tax collector town

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by Yugoslavia247(m): 3:20pm On Feb 02
Very stu..pid behavior.

7 Likes

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by OlofofoCorner: 3:20pm On Feb 02
It is called Owo omo go

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by YaksFx: 3:20pm On Feb 02
Hello Nlanders. Please, is there anyone who can assist me with like 2-5k🤲 🙏. Please i really need it. Country hard gan, but e go soon better
Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by pocohantas(f): 3:20pm On Feb 02
Some markets ask you to pay for ground.
For example you buy yam, potatoes or bunch of plantain, you would pay for the floor space it was displayed on.

Lagos is one crazy chaotic place.
I find it strange that some of its residents revel in this madness. They even brag with it. There is no bragging right here to me.

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by Creamypie(m): 3:20pm On Feb 02
Its local government taxation

1 Like

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by Sicklebear28: 3:21pm On Feb 02
Zonefree:
it is for owo mi da

4 Likes

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by RepoMan007: 3:22pm On Feb 02
And one of Tinubu appointees was telling us workers are not adding value. I wonder the value those collecting N50 are adding here.

They tax you for earning and tax you for spending. Double taxation.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by Kevineleven(m): 3:22pm On Feb 02
illicit:
Don't pay then
I will advise against dragging 50 naira with those riffraffs

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by fitinwell: 3:23pm On Feb 02
Is it not beta than dey stealing from you...

You are paying security fee...

1 Like

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by money121(m): 3:24pm On Feb 02
Ok
Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by lilyheaven: 3:24pm On Feb 02
If you go to oil meal market in port harcourt to buy tomatoes or pepper or onions.
If the quantity is about 1 paint bucket they will collect 100 - 200 naira from you depending on the quantity.

When I went to borokiri market to buy a bag of crayfish, I was charged 200 naira, they said its for parking space. Though I don’t know if they charge people on foot. Yet agbaro there didn’t allow me Rest. They wanted more money 😃😃😃

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by 89green: 3:24pm On Feb 02
Zonefree:

grin that's y sometimes i do not pity them when the govt takes over the land and asks them to relocate. Some of them are the cause of their problems.

1 Like

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by Omenlon: 3:24pm On Feb 02
Agege abattoir, you pay 150 naira ticket with your car before you can enter I don't know about others without cars.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by FireUpNow(m): 3:25pm On Feb 02
Blame Iyaloja General of Lagos, the daughter of Tinubu and the Lagos State govt because they tax these traders in all the markets in Lagos State heavily on daily, weekly or monthly basis.

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos Of Beautiful Daughters Of Northern Billionaires / Emmanuel Chigozie Eze: P&G Head Of Sales Spent Firm’s N20m On Online Betting / How To Differentiate A Fake Transfer From An Original One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.