Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,559 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) (50784 Views)

Native Doctor Storms His Bank To Demand Access To His Money (pics/video) / Huge Pile Of Naira Notes Stored At Someone's Home (Pics, Video) / Ebonyi Mall: The Largest Mall In Nigeria Almost Completed (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by Lomprico2: 3:27pm On Feb 02
fitinwell:
Is it not beta than dey stealing from you...

You are paying security fee...

See talk.

1 Like

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by Nemesis0147(m): 3:27pm On Feb 02
D
Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by Lomprico2: 3:28pm On Feb 02
lilyheaven:
If you go to oil meal market in port harcourt to buy tomatoes or pepper or onions.
If the quantity is about 1 paint bucket they will collect 100 - 200 naira from you depending on the quantity.

Where for oilmill? See lie o!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by weslay: 3:28pm On Feb 02
eazzzy1:
It’s for crowd control. Making sure the people coming in to market are people who should be in the market. That’s the only logical explanation I can think of.

As long as it isn’t a hidden charge, they let you know from the gate and you do have a choice to pay or turn back.

Are you saying Lagosians are so jobless that they have nothing valuable to do with their time than to wander about the markets?

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by Lomprico2: 3:30pm On Feb 02
weslay:

Are you saying Lagosians are jobless that they have nothing valuable to do with their time than to wander about the market?

Lol, When agbadorians talk you'll just know.
Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by Diddycsbsb: 3:31pm On Feb 02
I hate Yoruba people so much

Only 7% of them are good people

I detest them so much

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by happney65: 3:32pm On Feb 02
Nothing is normal in Lagos.

Absolutely Nothing

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by Omenlon: 3:33pm On Feb 02
pocohantas:
Some markets ask you to pay for ground.
For example you buy yam, potatos or bunch of plantain, you would pay for the floor space it was displayed on.

Lagos is one crazy chaotic place.
I find it strange that some of its residents revel in this madness. They even brag with it. There is no bragging right here to me.
go to Onitsha drugs market at upper eweka, buy your goods with your money and think you can walk away without paying to leave that market. Anybody from that axis can collaborate or dispute what I have said.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by Judolisco(m): 3:33pm On Feb 02
otipoju:
Jabagan legacy for lagos. Na IGR you dey see so.
try enter Wuse Market Abuja make uno drop money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by shonepa(m): 3:34pm On Feb 02
"I have to pay before I can enter the market. Of course, it was cheap (j[b]ust 50 naira[/b])"

Just 50 naira?, u come write Epistle, still do video.

U no get work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by arantess: 3:36pm On Feb 02
otipoju:
No be small IGR oo
Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by Nazgul: 3:39pm On Feb 02
pocohantas:
Some markets ask you to pay for ground.
For example you buy yam, potatos or bunch of plantain, you would pay for the floor space it was displayed on.

Lagos is one crazy chaotic place.
I find it strange that some of its residents revel in this madness. They even brag with it. There is no bragging right here to me.
In Abakaliki rice Mill, you pay after buying rice. That one they'll even give you ticket sef. If you buy one bushel of rice, you'll pay ₦50. 2 bushels ₦100... like that. (One bushel is 25kg that's half bag)

You must settle them at the gate. If not they won't open it for you to leave.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by pocohantas(f): 3:41pm On Feb 02
Nazgul:

In Abakaliki rice Mill, you pay after buying rice. That one they'll even give you ticket sef. If you buy one bushel of rice, you'll pay ₦50. 2 bushels ₦100... like that. (One bushel is 25kg that's half bag)

You must settle them at the gate. If not they won't open it for you to leave.

It is all madness. I was shocked the day we were asked to pay for ground. I say ground how? Did I come here to buy land? grin I was lost for a minute o.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by sterlingD(m): 3:42pm On Feb 02
santaclaws:

Visa on arrival 😂😂😂
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by ppogba: 3:43pm On Feb 02
otipoju:

Soludo don dey collect N1500 for dead bodi.

Dat na legacy too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by RedAlert08(m): 3:45pm On Feb 02
YaksFx:
Hello Nlanders. Please, is there anyone who can assist me with like 2-5k🤲 🙏. Please i really need it. Country hard gan, but e go soon better

Go and collect it from your god Tinubu
Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by StanleyMentor1: 3:45pm On Feb 02
Even at some sides of the Ladipo motor spare parts market.
Once you buy any goods and walk out of there, you must pay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by Waywardson6: 3:50pm On Feb 02
50 naira is not just 50 naira & it's not just cheap. It wasn't plucked from tree, but worked for. I know it's meant to generate revenue for the economy & government. But, Lagosians should protest against it. Today, they'll collect 50 naira, tomorrow it will be 100naira, then later 200 naira. Until e reach 1000 naira. We should stop allowing things like these slide. It's not fair.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by Pootle: 3:55pm On Feb 02
Why are you jus bringing it to our notices in feb
Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by Greystone: 3:56pm On Feb 02
Zonefree:
What's the N50 for? Visa on arrival? undecided
grin

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by bdon123(m): 4:01pm On Feb 02
SeeWahala:
Na so, it's a part of the laid down legacies of emilokan concerning IGR development in his lagos cool
D lagos he laid d foundation wit 200 coconut,y16 bars n dangote cement.very strong legacy he laid

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by bdon123(m): 4:03pm On Feb 02
YaksFx:
Hello Nlanders. Please, is there anyone who can assist me with like 2-5k🤲 🙏. Please i really need it. Country hard gan, but e go soon better
Use ur emilokan card to witdraw frm atm

1 Like

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by Nazgul: 4:06pm On Feb 02
pocohantas:

It is all madness. I was shocked the day we were asked to pay for ground. I say ground how? Did I come here to buy land? grin I was lost for a minute o.
I believe it's part of the channels all these politicians use to settle their thugs who worked for them during elections.

As you paid for the ground, did they allow you fence it? grin

1 Like

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by olayinka63: 4:12pm On Feb 02
OP why are you hiding some words. You should mention if you enter the market with your car or you trek. If you trek into the market, nobody collects money from you if you are taking your car into the market, the security at the market entrance collects a token charges from you. The reason behind, I don't know. However, this is not peculiar to Lagos State alone and this is not all markets in Lagos state. In Ilorin, Kwara State, if you take your car into the market named New market (ọjà tuntun) You will pay charges like #100. If you trek in, nobody collects money from you.
Just stop every attempt to abuse Tinubu.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by YaksFx: 4:12pm On Feb 02
RedAlert08:

Go and collect it from your god Tinubu
When did i say tinubu is my god??
Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by Emman08: 4:15pm On Feb 02
It's a syndicate. They've started that nonsense in Abuja too. Someone is making millions daily from this extortion.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by pocohantas(f): 4:17pm On Feb 02
Nazgul:

I believe it's part of the channels all these politicians use to settle their thugs who worked for them during elections.

As you paid for the ground, did they allow you fence it? grin

They didn't o. I am someone that loves going to the market a lot. So any small thing traumatises me and I hate that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by CaptainFM1: 4:23pm On Feb 02
What is the name of the market?
Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by membranus: 4:28pm On Feb 02
Omenlon:
go to Onitsha drugs market at upper eweka, buy your goods with your money and think you can walk away without paying to leave that market. Anybody from that axis can collaborate or dispute what I have said.

Don't mind them. Common N50 gate fee, see them writing zillion hate comments against the Yorubas as though worst is not going on in their local markets.

Hypocrites full the thread.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by Nazgul: 4:31pm On Feb 02
pocohantas:

They didn't o. I am someone that loves going to the market a lot. So any small thing traumatises me and I hate that.
Lol

The only thing that didn't make me complain is that the money is very little. So just close eye and give them.
Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by Juniorangel(m): 4:31pm On Feb 02
Very soon you will start paying for paying for a goat
Re: Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) by fredagu: 4:37pm On Feb 02
It’s normal not only in lag even when I got a ram in asaba I paid before I could go that’s the process of buying them

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Emmanuel Chigozie Eze: P&G Head Of Sales Spent Firm’s N20m On Online Betting / Photos Of Beautiful Daughters Of Northern Billionaires / Pictures Of Acclaimed Richest Men In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.