Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Nigerian Father In Law Behaving Badly?: Lol - Men Pay Attention! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Father In Law Behaving Badly?: Lol - Men Pay Attention! (1092 Views)

Royal Father In Sex Scandal With Disabled Woman Of Four (Pictured) / Adorable Photos Of A Nigerian Father Blow Drying His Daughter’s Hair / Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Father In Law Behaving Badly?: Lol - Men Pay Attention! by Nobody: 3:28am On Nov 03, 2011
I follow Nairaland quite regularly and I cannot recall reading about a father-in-law behaving badly towards his son-in-law. Of course we all know at least one Nigerian MIL that intereferes with her beloved son's marriage while son sits back refusing to address his beloved mother at the wife's expense. Typical naija man will insist that he cannot "go against" mother and wife should never disrespect MIL "or else". Some of ususal bullshit reasons husband offers is because if the situation was reversed that he would swallow his in-laws bad conduct and not disrespect his wife's parents, never ever. Husband also attribute the conflict between MIL and thier wives to the idea that "women folk just can't seem to get along" as if there is some kind of female defect that is responsible for the clash between MIL and wife. I've always believed that these type of passive husbands (and understand I am NOT addressing ALL men) were bonafide cowards that lacked the fortitude to speak in defense of their wives. Some replies even suggest that FIL and husbands would never have such "power struggle" that commonly depicts the relationship of MIL and wives. I usually prefer to read new topic but today I could not resist starting one after comparing the two story links below, or perhaps my curiosity is getting the best of me as I am anxious to read the responses from my "ever so passionate" Nigerian men. And ladies feel free to jump in too!, LOL You have to read THE REPLIES to both stories experience the hypocrisy at it's finest, !!! Not a single man in either thread replied advising the husband on how to try to get along with the father in law. LMAO

Overbearing MIL: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-653201.0.html
Overbearing FIL: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-794695.0.html
Re: Nigerian Father In Law Behaving Badly?: Lol - Men Pay Attention! by Outstrip(f): 1:49pm On Nov 03, 2011
Na today?

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Recover My Burnt Documents. / Is Your Marriage/relationship Shaken Or Seriously Threaten By Infidelity? Read / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.