Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,021 members, 7,821,558 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) (3772 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 1:55am On Apr 24
*THE DAILY DEVOTIONAL.* CHURCH OF NIGERIA _(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 24TH APRIL, 2024 *THEME:* KNOW THE TRUTH AND ABIDE IN THE TRUTH

*TEXT:* 2 JOHN 1: 1-3 (NKJV)

1:1. THE ELDER, To the elect lady and her children, whom I love in truth, and not only I, but also all those who have known the truth,
1:2. because of the truth which abides in us and will be with us forever:
1:3. Grace, mercy, [and] peace will be with you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

Zeal without knowledge is a dangerous cankerworm. Truth-based knowledge is knowledge made authentic without corruption. Truth is a liberator, a great deliverer and powerful light which darkness cannot comprehend. The undiluted truth we need to walk in this world in order not to stumble is the truth from God and we must clearly know this truth. In today's text, Apostle John greets the Elect lady and her children whom he loved in the truth for the truth dwelt in them; knowledge of this truth is the first step in abiding in the truth. God is the embodiment of this truth - Jesus is the Way, the Life and the Truth and the word of God is the totality of this truth with us.

God's will for you is: Buy the truth, do not sell the truth, for the truth cannot be broken. You shal know the truth and the truth shall set you free (John 8: 32). The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth so we must be filled with the Holy Spirit. When the Spirit of truth comes into you, He will guide you into all the truth, then you can abide in the truth. In your office, you must let your life radiate the truth - speaking the truth in every situation! Guard your loins with truth, it is a weapon of defence! Surely those that know the truth shall do exploits.

*PRAYER:*
Dear Lord, please guide me into all the truth in Jesus' name, _*Amen.*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God says:

_"I will give you power to know the vastness of My immeasurable love."_ *Ephesians 3: 17-19*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:48am On Apr 25
✝️📗DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2024-April -25

🎯 TOPIC: THERE IS JOY IN WALKING IN THE TRUTH

✝️ TEXT: 2 John 1: 4(NKJV)
I rejoiced greatly that I have found [some] of your children walking in truth, as we received commandment from the Father.

✝️ STUDY: Holding the truth in ungodliness and unrighteousness attracts the wrath of God and eternal damnation. Many in the church today cannot deny hearing and knowing the truth from sound preachers and teachers of the raw word. They also read the truth directly from the Bible but refuse to apply and walk in it for total freedom. The truth of God, which is God's word, carries the anointing and inspiration, ignited by the fire of the Spirit to break yokes. How long will you know but refuse to glorify God? To fear God and honour Him, we must walk in the truth and walking in the truth simply means obeying the word of God - being a doer of the word in situations. It is wickedness to change the truth of God into a lie, no wonder as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, He gave them over to a reprobate mind to dishonour their bodies (Rom. 1: 25, vv28). To have peace and joy, we must walk in the truth. He who walks in the truth exposes the works of darkness and the flesh. Surely, walking in the truth is joy's proofproducer.

✝️ PRAYER: Lord, help me to walk in the truth so that I will not fulfil the desires ofthe flesh, Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 12:31am On Apr 26

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 26TH APRIL, 2024 _*{Saint Mark's Day}*_ *THEME:* JESUS DRANK THE CUP

*TEXT:* JOHN 18: 1-14 (NKJV)

18:1. When Jesus had spoken these words, He went out with His disciples over the Brook Kidron, where there was a garden, which He and His disciples entered.
18:2. And Judas, who betrayed Him, also knew the place; for Jesus often met there with His disciples.
18:3. Then Judas, having received a detachment [of troops,] and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, came there with lanterns, torches, and weapons.
18:4. Jesus therefore, knowing all things that would come upon Him, went forward and said to them, "Whom are you seeking?"
18:5. They answered Him, "Jesus of Nazareth." Jesus said to them, "I am [He."] And Judas, who betrayed Him, also stood with them.
18:6. Now when He said to them, "I am [He,"] they drew back and fell to the ground.
18:7. Then He asked them again, "Whom are you seeking?" And they said, "Jesus of Nazareth."
18:8. Jesus answered, "I have told you that I am [He.] Therefore, if you seek Me, let these go their way,"
18:9. that the saying might be fulfilled which He spoke, "Of those whom You gave Me I have lost none."
18:10. Then Simon Peter, having a sword, drew it and struck the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus.
18:11. So Jesus said to Peter, "Put your sword into the sheath. Shall I not drink the cup which My Father has given Me?"
18:12. Then the detachment [of troops] and the captain and the officers of the Jews arrested Jesus and bound Him.
18:13. And they led Him away to Annas first, for he was the father-in-law of Caiaphas who was high priest that year.
18:14. Now it was Caiaphas who advised the Jews that it was expedient that one man should die for the people.

At Gethsemane Jesus prayed, _“My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as thou wilt"_ (Matt. 26: 39). Jesus drank the cup for our salvation, deliverance and liberation. It was a cup full of afflictions and suffering that Jesus endured. He suffered, was stricken, pierced with sword, smitten, afflicted, bruised for our iniquities, chastised for our peace, endured stripes for our healing, carried His cross, had a crown of thorns, put to grief by God, bore our iniquities, offered His soul as a sin offering, was crucified, died and was buried. He sealed and made our salvation authentic by His resurrection. Itis finished!

We must carry our own cross and follow Jesus, and be ready at all times to drink our own cup. We must endure hardship, persecution, trials, temptations, sufferings and anything that may come our way, and still remain faithful without compromise. Beware, so that by character, conduct and speech, you will not betray Jesus. You must fight the battle of faith with weapons of warfare which are not carnal (Eph. 6: 10-18), and not with a physical sword like Peter.

God, grant us grace to drink our cups and never deny or betray You in Jesus' Name, _*Amen.*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God says:

_"Even when you are weak in your faith, I will remain faithful to you."_ *2 Timothy 2: 13*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 2:10am On Apr 27

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 27TH APRIL, 2024 *THEME:* WE DISPLAY TRUE LOVE WHEN WE WALK AFTER GOD'S COMMANDMENTS

*TEXT:* 2 JOHN 1: 5-6 (NKJV)

1:5. And now I plead with you, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment to you, but that which we have had from the beginning: that we love one another.
1:6. This is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, that as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it.

The commandments of God are not grievous. If we decide to keep the commandments, we can follow the example of Daniel who resolved in his heart not to defilehimself with king's rich food. Concrete determination to keep God's commandments in our hearts is the first step to keeping the commandments. Love does not stand alone, it goes with several qualities, thus:Love does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right, it is not boastful, arrogant or rude (1 Cor. 13: 4-5). The totality of God's word condemns wrong and approves things that are right. This is what love does also - if brotherly love will continue, it must be in accordance with the word of God. “And this is love, that we walk after His commandments“ (2 John 1: 6).

God is love, and love is of God. He who loves is born of God and knows God. However, how do we know that we love the children of God? It is when we obey God's commandments. The emphasis is on keeping the commandments of God which is also a demonstration that we fear God. Jesus made it clear that those who hear the word of God and do the same are his family and not hearers who deceive themselves. You are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin which leads to death, or of obedience which leads to rightousness. Love by its qualities covers a multitude of sins and is the fulfilling of the law. Let us not love in word or speech but in deed and in truth. Fearing God by keeping His commandments is real love.

God, help us not to love in word or speech but in deed, in Jesus' Name, _*Amen.*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God says:

_"Seek My kingdom first and everything you need will be given to you."_ *Luke 12: 31*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 2:02am On Apr 28
Date: 2024-April -28
(Fourth Sunday after Easter)

🎯 TOPIC: BLESSED IS THE MAN WHO WALKS NOT IN THE COUNSEL OF THE WICKED

✝️ TEXT: Psalm 1: 1-6(NKJV)
1:1. Blessed [is] the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
1:2. But his delight [is] in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night.
1:3. He shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper.
1:4. The ungodly [are] not so, But [are] like the chaff which the wind drives away.
1:5. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, Nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
1:6. For the LORD knows the way of the righteous, But the way of the ungodly shall perish.

✝️ STUDY: A wicked man is very deadly and worthless -he goes about with crooked speech, winks with his eyes, devises evil with a perverted heart, sows the seed of discord and breathes out lies with a lying tongue. Wicked people are like chaff that the wind drives away, grass that soon perishes, wild beasts, poisonous snakes, a troubled sea, foxes in the desert, ravenous wolves and dogs.“There is no peace says my God for the wicked”(Isa.57: 21). A man who walks in the counsel of the wicked will also be wicked, because bad company ruins good morals.A blessed man in God is righteous and delights in the word of God, meditates in it day and night, is ready to obey it and makes it his rule of life and conduct. He makes the word of God his standard of faith and gains knowledge and wisdom from it to grow spiritually. No wonder he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water. God nourishes him and he brings forth his fruit in his season. His leaves shall not wither and whatsoever he does shall prosper (Psa. 1: 3). Such a man has God as his anchor, shield, shelter, helper, security and great provider. His trust is firmly fixed in God who is his confidence, therefore, no evil will befall him as he dwells in the secret place of the Most High God. Let us walk in the counsel of the Almighty God and not in the counsel of Ahithophel.

✝️ PRAYER: Help me dear God, never to walk in the counsel of the wicked in Jesus Name Amen
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 2:05am On Apr 29

*DATE:* MONDAY, 29TH APRIL, 2024 *THEME:* BEWARE OF DECEIVERS

*TEXT:* 2 JOHN 1: 7-9 (NKJV)

1:7. For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ [as] coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
1:8. Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but [that] we may receive a full reward.
1:9. Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.

In the times we live in, Christians must watch and be vigilant. Men of corrupt minds and enemies of cross of Christ, with counterfeit faith, have crept into the church secretly. Do not be surprised, some of them are already on some altars as pastors, teachers, preachers and evangelists. They appear as angels of light but are really agents of darkness. The marks of these deceivers include; they hold secret things of shame, walk in craftiness, handle the word deceitfully, walk and war after the flesh, look on the outward appearance, commend themselves, are very greedy of income and pose as righteous ministers. They seek occasion to glory, are very boastful and self-exalting, are experts in leading men away from God and speak presumptuously as they propagate their errors because they have no sense of righteousness.

Remember, not all that glisters is gold. Today, you see these men preach on television, radio, pages of newspapers, and even in transport buses. They do not acknowledge the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh in ways that are clear. Such are deceivers and antichrists. They teach lies, live as sinners, are ignorant of spiritual things, compromise the truth, are greedy and lazy, deal falsely and destroy men through lies. They corrupt the truth, have a seared conscience, teach doctrines of demons, are faithless, hypocrites and cause divisions. By their fruits you shall know them; beware! We must abide in the true doctrines of Christ as written in the Bible; this is the antidote against them.

God, in your mercy, deliver me from deceivers in Jesus' name, _*Amen.*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God says:

_"One day, I will wipe away every tear and take away all your pain."_ *Revelation 21: 4*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 1:46am On Apr 30

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 30TH APRIL, 2024 *THEME:* HANDLING FALSE TEACHERS

*TEXT:* 2 JOHN 1: 10-13 (NKJV)

1:10. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
1:11. for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
1:12. Having many things to write to you, I did not wish [to do so] with paper and ink; but I hope to come to you and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.
1:13. The children of your elect sister greet you. Amen.

The sole aim of false teachers and preachers is to destroy, damn and condemn the souls of men in hell forever. Knowing this, we must resist, reject, rebuke, withstand and never give them any opportunity in contact or communication. We must never receive them into our houses neither bid them God speed (2 John 10). The pure and undefiled truth in the whole world is God's word as written in the Bible; it cannot be broken or changed. We must constantly read through the Bible, be versatile and well-acquainted with the whole truth therein. We must be rooted and grounded in the word of God, preach and teach same, and live out the same in a crooked generation. Any preaching or vision that contradicts the word of God must be discarded; it is not from God.

Build and sustain your spirituality by guarding the true doctrines you know, refusing speculative doctrines of demons, having a pure heart, having genuine faith, having an indwelling spirit of truth and being faithful to God. Be a pattern of good to others, fight a good warfare, pray without ceasing and live godly and soberly in this present world. Be ready to suffer reproach for Christ, be content with life and abstain from all fleshly lust. Be holy, live blameless before God and be true to all men. It is in these things you lay hold of eternal life and conquer false teachers and deceivers.

God, please grant me the strength not to fall prey to deceivers in Jesus' name, _*Amen.*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God says:

_"My everlasting joy and gladness will drive all sorrow and mourning away."_ *Isaiah 51: 11*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 4:26am On May 01

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 1ST MAY, 2024 *THEME:* A GOOD TESTIMONY

*TEXT:* 3 JOHN 1-4 (NKJV)

1:1. THE ELDER, To the beloved Gaius, whom I love in truth:
1:2. Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.
1:3. For I rejoiced greatly when brethren came and testified of the truth [that is] in you, just as you walk in the truth.
1:4. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

The third book of John is one of the five letters by John the Apostle, brother of James (sons of Zebedee). He was also known as 'John the Beloved.' In most of his letters, he strived to extend the benevolence received from Christ to others. Thus, the beloved loved to address others as beloved (v.la). Our text is a personal letter of John to a beloved brother in faith named Gaius. John had heard about his good testimonies among Christians and felt that such a person needed an encouragement from a church elder to continue the good works. Therefore, John did not only commend him, but also prayed a sincere prayer to quicken his weary heart. Thus he prayed, _"I pray that in all things you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers"_ (v.2).

Ministers of God should emulate this form of encouragement from John. While desiring that every soul is saved and blessed spiritually, they should also consider the prosperity of their body and physical health conditions. Members' temporal well-being should be considered as important as their spiritual welfare. Church members should also emulate the Christian lifestyle of Gaius - he did not announce himself to John, rather his good testimony did, even from the mouth of other Christians (v.3). Can God depend on you for the well-being of others in the faith? Can you stand in the gap for Christ to walk in truth for the sake of the gospel (v.4)? Note that this perverse generation does not read bible again; Christians are the bible they read through our lifestyles.

Father; help me to be a true ambassador of Christ through my good testimony among people, in Jesus' Name. _*Amen!*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God says:

_"You can hold on to the hope that I will not change what I have promised."_ *Hebrews 10: 23*

*WELCOME TO THE MONTH OF MAY*

In this Month of May, I prophesy all-round Mercy on your undertakings. Mercy will trace and locate you in times of need. Mercy will speak for you amongst the council of people that will determine your fate in life. Mercy will bring you to the presence of your destiny helpers. By the mercies of God you shall overcome every obstacle in this month and beyond.

*HAPPY NEW MONTH*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 1:50am On May 02

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 2ND MAY, 2024 *THEME:* CHRISTIANS' RESPONSE TO HOSPITALITY

*TEXT:* 3 JOHN 5-8 (NKJV)

1:5. Beloved, you do faithfully whatever you do for the brethren and for strangers,
1:6. who have borne witness of your love before the church. [If] you send them forward on their journey in a manner worthy of God, you will do well,
1:7. because they went forth for His name's sake, taking nothing from the Gentiles.
1:8. We therefore ought to receive such, that we may become fellow workers for the truth.

The word Beloved Kept recurring in John's letter to Gaius (vv. 2 & vv.5), This Shows that it was directed to a man that truly deserved it. After praising the general conduct of Gaius, the writer moved directly to a matter that concerned him. Those wuso went forth to preach the gospel needed the port of Christians in the places where they travelled. Gaius gave tas kind of assistance and the apostle vished to assure him that this action was not in vain (vv. 5-6). Gaius' hospitality did not stop with Christians only, but also extended to non-Christians. At this course of conduct, the apostle declared, xieou are faithful in what you are doing" (v.5a). That is to say, such conduct was praiseworthy because it was an act of fidelity to the truth of God.

Christians must rise up to this task of hospitality. Today, we hear of complaints about how Christians maltreat fellow Christians. It seems hospitality in today's church has become old-fashioned but if we are, we will realise that hospitality is a primary responsibility of Christians. The scriptures even pointed out that through acts of hospitality, some people entertained angels unknowingly (Heb. 13: 1-2). Today, God needs more Gaiuses who will stand in gap in the ministry of hospitality. When we do this, unity, love and progress will flood the church, just as it was in the days of the early church of the apostles.

"A soul of hospitality is a house of love, peace and liberty" - _Auliq Ice_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God says:

_"My Spirit made you and My breath gives you life."_ *Job 33: 4*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 3:47am On May 03

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 3RD MAY, 2024 *THEME:* DO NOT FOLLOW WHAT IS EVIL

*TEXT:* 3 JOHN 9-11 (NKJV)

1:9. I wrote to the church, but Diotrephes, who loves to have the preeminence among them, does not receive us.
1:10. Therefore, if I come, I will call to mind his deeds which he does, prating against us with malicious words. And not content with that, he himself does not receive the brethren, and forbids those who wish to, putting [them] out of the church.
1:11. Beloved, do not imitate what is evil, but what is good. He who does good is of God, but he who does evil has not seen God.

Today's passage is a sharp contrast to the good report in verses 1-8. It centres on a noble man called Diotrephes. It is possible that Diotrephes was a member with high social status, nobility and higher economic power. His status notwithstanding, he was later converted to Christianity, and subsequently brought his social lifestyle into the church. Over time, as the brethren maintained their respect for him, he gained a controlling hand. Though wealthy and influential, he did not use his position and status to drive the ministry of hospitality, rather he forbade faithful Christians like Gaius from contributing to the ministry. John bluntly rebuked his actions and warned Gaius not to follow his evil steps (vv.10-11).

Ministers of God today must be careful and watch carefully who they entrust with leadership positions in Church. Members can be easily deceived by so called Diotrephes-like persons in the church and think they will support our ministry with their wealth and influence. Paul admonished Timothy strictly that positions of leadership are not meant for recent converts, probably to avoid such Diotrephes-like acts (1 Tim. 3: 6) Christians also should beware of _'wolves in sheep's clothes'_ in our churches. We should not emulate their steps but learn to take our stand even in the midst of evil, and stand for good always.

Bad communication corrupts good manners!

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God says:

_"There is no place you can go to escape My presence."_ *Psalm 139: 7-10*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 1:26am On May 04

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 4TH MAY, 2024 *THEME:* EXAMPLE TO FOLLOW

*TEXT:* 3 JOHN 12-14 (NKJV)

1:12. Demetrius has a [good] testimony from all, and from the truth itself. And we also bear witness, and you know that our testimony is true.
1:13. I had many things to write, but I do not wish to write to you with pen and ink;
1:14. but I hope to see you shortly, and we shall speak face to face. Peace to you. Our friends greet you. Greet the friends by name.

As John concluded his letter to Gaius, he needed to reassure him that there were examples of faithful believers to follow. Although Gaius was facing maltreatment from Diotrephes, yet, John introduced Demetrius to him whom he set forth as an example of good conduct for Gaius, and one who had a good testimony from all the apostles (v.12). Inasmuch as John had many things to write to Gaius, the fear of Diotrephes' hindrance probably made him to postpone it till his physical presence when he would deal with the problem personally (vv. 9,13). John concluded his letter with the greetings of peace to ascertain that his coming would bring an end to the challenge Gaius was facing. John also reaffirmed the fellowship he maintained with the church and other brethren in faith with Gaius (v.14).

In such a time of Church controversy, those who have the nature of the truth of the gospel, and thus, have seen God through their godly behaviour, must seek out those who manifest same goodness as Demetrius. They must not surround themselves with people of evil deeds like Diotrephes, lest they also become evil. As Christians, we should always seek out good people as examples to emulate and also remember that Christ is the perfect example, and any unChristlike acts will portray us negatively.

O Lord, raise faithful people for the propagation of the gospel and expansion of Your kingdom, in Jesus' Name. *Amen!*

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God says:

_"All your days are known to Me and your inheritance is secure forever."_ *Psalm 37: 18*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 7:50am On May 05
Date: 2024-May -05
(Fifth Sunday after Easter)

🎯TOPIC: ANOTHER DIMENSION OF GOD'S LOVE

✝️ TEXT: Psalm 68: 14-26(NKJV)
68:14. When the Almighty scattered kings in it, It was [white] as snow in Zalmon.
68:15. A mountain of God [is] the mountain of Bashan; A mountain [of many] peaks [is] the mountain of Bashan.
68:16. Why do you fume with envy, you mountains of [many] peaks? [This is] the mountain [which] God desires to dwell in; Yes, the LORD will dwell [in it] forever.
68:17. The chariots of God [are] twenty thousand, [Even] thousands of thousands; The Lord is among them [as in] Sinai, in the Holy [Place.]
68:18. You have ascended on high, You have led captivity captive; You have received gifts among men, Even [from] the rebellious, That the LORD God might dwell [there.]
68:19. Blessed [be] the Lord, [Who] daily loads us [with benefits,] The God of our salvation! Selah
68:20. Our God [is] the God of salvation; And to GOD the Lord [belong] escapes from death.
68:21. But God will wound the head of His enemies, The hairy scalp of the one who still goes on in His trespasses.
68:22. The Lord said, "I will bring back from Bashan, I will bring [them] back from the depths of the sea,
68:23. That your foot may crush [them] in blood, And the tongues of your dogs [may have] their portion from [your] enemies."
68:24. They have seen Your procession, O God, The procession of my God, my King, into the sanctuary.
68:25. The singers went before, the players on instruments [followed] after; Among [them were] the maidens playing timbrels.
68:26. Bless God in the congregations, The Lord, from the fountain of Israel.

✝️ STUDY: The scriptures, in many places, talk about the love of God for mankind. The most popular of them all is in John 3: 16, “For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son...”From our text today, the Psalmist outlines other ways through which God's love for mankind is demonstrated: (1) God loads us with benefits (who dailybears our burden, v.19; NIV); (2) He saves us, v.20; (3) God fights our enemies, who are God's enemies too, v.21. All these show that God has his people in mind and does not turn away His eyes from His people when they face challenges. This is why the Psalmist says that God is our Saviour who daily bears our burdens (v.19; NIV). When Christians face great trials like health issues, financial crises, marital problems, unemployment, insecurity, etc., God invites them to cast their burdens and cares upon Him (Psa. 55: 22). He then bears the weight of the burdens and sustains His people in the situations. God sets us free from bearing the burdens which enslavement to our enemies would impose on us. Our Lord Jesus Christ himself invites Christians who are faced with challenges to come to him with the assurance of giving them rest (Matt.11: 28). Again, Apostle Paul urges Christians to bring all their anxieties to God in prayer instead of worrying over them (Phil.4: 6). Taken together, all these clearly show other dimension of God's love.

✝️ PRAYER: Father; may I always recognise and appreciate your love for me, in Jesus' Name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 4:37am On May 06

*DATE:* MONDAY, 6TH MAY, 2024
*THEME:* GOD IS OUR HELPER

*TEXT:* PSALM 121:1-8 (NKJV)

121:1. A Song of Ascents. I will lift up my eyes to the hills -- From whence comes my help?
121:2. My help [comes] from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth.
121:3. He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber.
121:4. Behold, He who keeps Israel Shall neither slumber nor sleep.
121:5. The LORD [is] your keeper; The LORD [is] your shade at your right hand.
121:6. The sun shall not strike you by day, Nor the moon by night.
121:7. The LORD shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul.
121:8. The LORD shall preserve your going out and your coming in From this time forth, and even forevermore.

The Psalmist introduces this psalm with a rhetorical question which brings out the imagery of someone who had gone to several places for help but found none. He did not only go to one hill, but hills, that is, mountains. There are people like this today who run from pillar to post, from one prayer house to another, from one prophet to another, and from one church to another, seeking God's intervention in their problems. It is like when people forsake God, the source of living waters, and pursue after broken cisterns (Jer.2: 13). However, at last, the Psalmist discovered that his help could only come from God. As he finallyrealised himself, he confessed that God was the source ofhis help.

We must never see our relations, friends or riches as ultimate sources of help. God is the only source of meeting our physical and spiritual needs and Christians must always trust Him with all their hearts for grace to help them in times of need. Every faithful child of God is always under the Lord's protection, defence and watchful care and this truth was emphasised by Jesus when He said, _“But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore...“_ (Matt. 10:30 - 31). Knowing this truth will encourage all Christians who go from one Prayer Mountain to another to stop. Verses 5-8 give us assuance of God's unfailing preservation and protection. God only is our helper and we must put our trust in Him for He will never fail.

*FOOD FOR THOUGHT:*
From whom do you seek help when you are in need?

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God says:

_"I gently formed you in your mother’s womb."_ *Psalm 139: 13*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 2:47am On May 07

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 7TH MAY, 2024 *THEME:* A CALL TO PRAISE GOD

*TEXT:* PSALM 107:1-9 (NKJV)

107:1. Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for [He is] good! For His mercy [endures] forever.
107:2. Let the redeemed of the LORD say [so,] Whom He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy,
107:3. And gathered out of the lands, From the east and from the west, From the north and from the south.
107:4. They wandered in the wilderness in a desolate way; They found no city to dwell in.
107:5. Hungry and thirsty, Their soul fainted in them.
107:6. Then they cried out to the LORD in their trouble, [And] He delivered them out of their distresses.
107:7. And He led them forth by the right way, That they might go to a city for a dwelling place.
107:8. Oh, that [men] would give thanks to the LORD [for] His goodness, And [for] His wonderful works to the children of men!
107:9. For He satisfies the longing soul, And fills the hungry soul with goodness.

This psalm is an exhortation to the redeemed to praise the Lord for His unfailing love in that He hears the prayers of those in need and saves them. It exhorts the redeemed to praise the Lord for deliverance from desperate and dangerous situations. One of the four examples used by the psalmist to illustrate that God responds to the problem ofhis people when they pray, is hunger and thirst (vv.4-9). “Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble, and He delivered them out of their distresses“ (v.6). The Psalmist uses the above phrases four times, and four times it is stated that God _“delivered them out of their distresses“_ (vv. 6, vv. 13, vv. 19, vv. 28). This calls for thanksgiving unto God!

In this generation, this psalm is relevant for all believers who in their difficult situations cry out to the Lord. It builds up our faith and encourages us during those difficult times when we need God to intervene in our lives. God sometimes brings his children to a place where their own self-sufficiency fails and where no human can help, in order that they might call upon him in humble and childlike faith. After delivering the people from their problems, God expects thanksgiving from them. See Luke 17: 11-19. _“Call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me”_ (Psa. 50: 15). This is a call to praise God! (v.1)!

When last did you thank God for what He has been doing for you?

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God says:

_"I am delighted to give you My kingdom."_ *Luke 12: 32*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 2:09am

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 8TH MAY, 2024
*THEME:* THE NEED FOR CORPORATE PRAYER

*TEXT:* PSALM 67: 1-7 (NKJV)

67:1. To the Chief Musician. On stringed instruments. A Psalm. A Song. God be merciful to us and bless us, [And] cause His face to shine upon us. Selah
67:2. That Your way may be known on earth, Your salvation among all nations.
67:3. Let the peoples praise You, O God; Let all the peoples praise You.
67:4. Oh, let the nations be glad and sing for joy! For You shall judge the people righteously, And govern the nations on earth. Selah
67:5. Let the peoples praise You, O God; Let all the peoples praise You.
67:6. [Then] the earth shall yield her increase; God, our own God, shall bless us.
67:7. God shall bless us, And all the ends of the earth shall fear Him.

Our psalm today is a communal prayer for God's blessing upon the people. The psalm is also focused on the public and relates to the church. It is a prayer for the prosperity of the people of God. The people of Israel in their trouble here, turned to God, asking for his mercy and blessing (v.1). It is a prayer which when answered will lead to the conversion of the Gentiles and bring them into being the people of God. While recording the prayers, the psalmist did not say, 'God be merciful to me', “but he said, 'God be merciful to us'“ (v.1). This underlines the need to pray with and for others and is in line with how Jesus teaches us to pray-'Our' Father, and not, 'My' Father (Lk.11: 2).

Corporate prayers bring speedy answer. Jesus says, _“Again... if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done...”_ (Matt. 18: 19). When God answers prayers, and the testimony is shared, other people will praise God and be encouraged in Him (vv. 3-5). Christians should pray that God will bless them and their families with His Presence, love, grace, guidance, salvation, healing power, and fullness of the Spirit, so that the lost might seek the truth of Christ and salvation, and believe in God.

If there are people to pray, there is God to answer.

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God says:

_"My face will shine upon you all the days of your life."_ *Numbers 6: 25*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It A Sin For A Christian To Drink Alcohol? / Receiving Revelation In The Word Of God / Is It Just Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.