Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,682 members, 7,813,270 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence - Nairaland / General (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence (14658 Views)

The Surprising Resurgence Of Indian TV Serials / Who Is The Oldest Member Of Nairaland Forum? / You Are Shouting "2020 Is My Year Of Harvest". Did You Plant Anything In 2019? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Iseoluwani: 7:45am On Jan 02
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

I'm pleased to wish you a Happy New Year!!

2024 will be the year of Nairaland's resurgence. I will face Nairaland squarely like I used to before the discouraging Data Loss Incident of 2014. I will hire more hands to help us to improve Nairaland.

The problems of Nairaland that we should have solved years ago will be solved.

* We will defeat tribalists, trolls, & spammers.
* We will complete our advertising platform.
* We will improve the UI and UX.
* Home page topics will be educative & fresh.
* We will reverse the anti-women trends.

However, I must warn you that things will get worse before they get better. Please stand with us and fight for us as Nairaland faces the tough challenges of 2024, which have already started.

Happy New Year and thanks for using Nairaland!

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.

u see that home page topic, pls let it be educative not some celebrity boring life

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by tabaralph: 8:05am On Jan 02
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

2024 will be the year of Nairaland's resurgence. I will face Nairaland squarely like I used to before the discouraging Data Loss Incident of 2014. I will hire more hands to help us to improve Nairaland.

However, I must warn you that things will get worse before they get better. Please stand with us and fight for us as Nairaland faces the tough challenges of 2024, which have already started.

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.

Real challenges ahead ….we move

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by KoladeChris24(m): 8:07am On Jan 02
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.

Won't you also redesign the whole of Nairaland? Nairaland could be Nigeria's Twitter.

I'm available to help out.

2 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Sucre7: 8:16am On Jan 02
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.

If you can defeat the tribalist, racist post here in nairaland, we've solved 90% of the issue.

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by RenaissanceGuy: 9:01am On Jan 02
Seun:
He was never sacked. He's just using a different account: nlfpmod. I shouldn't have allowed that.
I have always said it that Lalast..iclala was not sacked and that he was the same person using Nlfpmod considering the similarity in the writing style.

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by nairalanda1(m): 9:09am On Jan 02
79733139:

Include a block button, I made this suggestion to you around 2019, but you seem reluctant to do that. The major thing keeping me on this forum is the Express Entry thread and its other related thread (like the TEF thread). Once I have collected ITA and I am cleared to immigrate to Canada this year, I won't be on this forum except you include a block button... I prefer to block tribalists, trolls and annoying forum posters myself rather than wait for you or you moderators. Their comments would still be visible to others, however I would never be able to see them, if I were to block their accounts.

You can report the posts for now, it blocks them
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by oyewale0001(m): 9:20am On Jan 02
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.

Happy new year sir.

Apart from technical improvement and educative topics on front page, I think the tribalism factor needs a deeper solution. Please put your attention more on that aspect too. Some set of people are looking for the downfall of this platform but God will not allow them. Please the technology aspect also needs deeper attention too. We need more improvement technologically.

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by AzaHub(f): 9:26am On Jan 02
See if you can do something like aza.ng
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by 79733139(m): 9:33am On Jan 02
nairalanda1:

You can report the posts for now, it blocks them

It doesn't block the user's account (and all their posts), it only hides individual posts. Blocking trolls and tribalists, would allow me the option of never seeing their previous or future posts.

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by essienisrael5(m): 9:34am On Jan 02
Happy new year Sir, this forum is a great place. My advise to you is that you keep being fair to all, also keep up the hard work and the God Lord will grant your effort with success. Once again happy new prosperous year.

Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by thinkmoney(m): 9:52am On Jan 02
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.
I am your friend. We are in this together. I will carry the banner of anti bigotry and anti misogyny behind you. I will also carry a spear and slung on my soldier a buckler.
WE MARCH TOGETHER 2024!
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by saydfact(m): 9:56am On Jan 02
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.

Goodluck Seun
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by nairalanda1(m): 10:12am On Jan 02
79733139:

It doesn't block the user's account (and all their posts), it only hides individual posts. Blocking trolls and tribalists, would allow me the option of never seeing their previous or future posts.

Let's see if Seun is up to updating the site to reflect that.
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Greatzeus(m): 10:17am On Jan 02
Concman:

I can help defeat the tribalists, trolls and spammers for free. I don't even need to be paid. Let's sanitize nairaland so we can all enjoy it
Your account is 2 weeks old,how many did you open in December alone,not to talk of 2023. You're the troll he's talking about.
I opened account in 2015 and didn't see any reason to open another one because I don't troll,I'm not a scammer or a tribalist. Had nothing to hide, unlike you opening account every 2 weeks,for what?

2 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Olaolex: 10:40am On Jan 02
Seun:
I have complained to lalasticlala but it keeps happening. I don't know why; he used to be really good at home page updates.
So Lalasticlala is still active as a mod here. I thought he has been sacked, because his last seen was on February 27 2023.
I need to say this too, thank you for your determination to bring sanity back to Nairaland. This forum has been a great blessing since 2019.

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by omat20(m): 10:45am On Jan 02
@seun many people in this forum has 2 or more accounts. See how you can fix that too

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Lemos14: 10:50am On Jan 02
seun please what happened to nlfpmod? he hasnt been active a while
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Seun(m): 10:53am On Jan 02
Lemos14:
seun please what happened to nlfpmod? he hasnt been active a while
He informed us that he is going on vacation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by mrjojo: 10:53am On Jan 02
MindOnMatters00:

How can i contact you? I will need ideas similar to this on a big project of mine
create a thread, I will be give my input, Free of course
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Lemos14: 10:54am On Jan 02
JoeEeL:

See ur mouth.

I will only take u serious when u ban that govt sponsored bot manna guy and his alternative account called NLPolice-woman he uses to hound other commenters.

- You should introduce a block button to never see disgusting people's comments again
- You also can introduce a feature like a 'friend/foe' mechanism to be able to track people who have once quoted so u can remember if u like them or not
- Introduce a 'dislike' button or thumbs down button.
- Introduce a re-notification when someone edits a comment on a quote

bolded is not necessary. will money be added to your account after knowing that someone edited their comment?
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by UncleSnr(m): 10:55am On Jan 02
Seun:
He was never sacked. He's just using a different account: nlfpmod. I shouldn't have allowed that.
No, it is OK. He is dedicating an account for the purpose, he could be trying to wade off distractions from the popular lalasticlala account.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Lemos14: 10:56am On Jan 02
Seun:
He informed us that he is going on vacation.

alright. he deserves it anyway.

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Lemos14: 11:04am On Jan 02
finofaya:

Happy New Year, Seun. I share your excitement. With the UI/UX changes, please can you make it so that comments in a thread are ranked by likes or shares, rather than by time?

if you make comments to be ranked by likes or shares how will you be able to follow a thread accurately and in context?

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by tunjilomo(m): 11:10am On Jan 02
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.

Literature section.
We need a special topic creation mode for books.
A mode where chapters can be easily accessed and be listed in a table of contents.
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by finofaya: 11:51am On Jan 02
Lemos14:

if you make comments to be ranked by likes or shares how will you be able to follow a thread accurately and in context?

I'm assuming the most liked or shared comments will be relevant to the thread, and the likes indicate engagement, suggesting that users found the comment useful or entertaining.

With the current system I find that the top comments, those on page 1, are not always relevant, informative, or well thought out, possibly due to the pressure to post a comment before space runs out on page 1. You'll find that there are a lot of meaningful comments on a thread but they're lost on page 4 or something. The system I'm proposing may help remedy this.
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Concman: 11:57am On Jan 02
Greatzeus:

Your account is 2 weeks old,how many did you open in December alone,not to talk of 2023. You're the troll he's talking about.
I opened account in 2015 and didn't see any reason to open another one because I don't troll,I'm not a scammer or a tribalist. Had nothing to hide, unlike you opening account every 2 weeks,for what?
I'm new to nairaland.
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by JoeEeL(m): 12:14pm On Jan 02
Lemos14:

bolded is not necessary. will money be added to your account after knowing that someone edited their comment?

The guy quoting me is an idiot.

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by psalmsjob: 12:28pm On Jan 02
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.

I'm available for hiring to take part in this Nairaland resurgence. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

What Are White-Skinned arab-looking North Africans/Somalis/ethiopians? / Why Am I Getting Too Many PM'S / Happy New Year (2013) To All Nairalanders!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.