Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence - Nairaland / General (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence (14848 Views)

The Surprising Resurgence Of Indian TV Serials / Who Is The Oldest Member Of Nairaland Forum? / You Are Shouting "2020 Is My Year Of Harvest". Did You Plant Anything In 2019? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by epainos: 1:21pm On Jan 03
Seun:
We will create a Christian section which will also have oath taking.
I can be your friend again just for this. This is nice. God bless you bro.
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by twosquare(m): 5:00pm On Jan 03
Can seun please do something about the investment thread, especially the cryptocurrency antispam bot that bans anyhow just because of some keywords....we need to say some things, bro...this is frustrating. Work on it. Thanks.
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by GloriousGbola: 5:44pm On Jan 03
Seun:

If someone's accounts keep getting banned consistently, they will eventually learn. It's the lack of consistency that empowers them.

This is where you are wrong. You are assuming Nigerians on average understand the need for accounts with history and track record. They don't. It is why Nigerians will open multiple accounts with services because of free first month. I know people who do not try to maintain a phone number. Line is lost, get another one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by sherylbaky(f): 2:08pm On Jan 04
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by sherylbaky(f): 2:09pm On Jan 04
Seun:
I have complained to lalasticlala but it keeps happening. I don't know why; he used to be really good at home page updates.
Because they are overworked Seun, I was glad to see it from your own write up that Nairaland is understaffed.
One thing you business owners fail to understand is that, even a scalable business can not scale through without sufficient manpower. Of course, you might not need a mighty building or mighty engines to function properly but the value of manpower remains constant.
Lalasticlala/nlfpmod still remains one of the best moderators on this forum till today, I wouldn't have quoted if he wasn't mentioned here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Seun(m): 5:08pm On Jan 04
Well he is back from the 9 day holiday that he gave himself.

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Shomek(m): 6:36pm On Jan 04
Seun:
We will create a Christian section which will also have oath taking.
am waiting for this mr seun

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Clazzone(m): 8:03pm On Jan 04
Seun, this is part of your legacies, you need to protect it with everything.

I have told you on Twitter too. May God ease all our affairs.
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by HelpYourself(m): 6:54am On Jan 05
Seun:
Well he is back from the 9 day holiday that he gave himself.

The ray beam that hides it's shade. How are you doing ifeoluwaseun?
The spirit that shuns it's reflection 😁. Hope you are doing good?
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by unome1: 11:01pm On Jan 07
Seun:

I think you are right about that.

Personally I think banning accounts might not actually work on the long run, because trolls will continue to open numerous accounts and make the work of the mods very difficult over time. How many people will you continue to employ the keep up with the numbers. Trolls, tribalism and other unnecessary vices has become so entrenched in this system that it will be an hearculean task to actually clean up. What I believe might work is to start making the post of the offenders only visible to them and maybe people they follow, so they continue to live in their bubble believing they are contributing. Reddit has something like this. Shadow banning I think. Also registering with phone number has to become an important part of naira land. The site has grown big and they should be some form of accountability from people. Alot of people use the site for multi million business transactions. People that are not ready to register their numbers can be restricted from some boards like business, phone, technology market and others where business are conducted. Also an option to post as anonymous can be available for people not interested in bringing their identity online. My 2cents tho. Naira land has been like family for a long time but it's chaos now due to lack of regulation
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Stoplying: 6:55pm On Feb 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

I'm pleased to wish you a Happy New Year!!

2024 will be the year of Nairaland's resurgence. I will face Nairaland squarely like I used to before the discouraging Data Loss Incident of 2014. I will hire more hands to help us to improve Nairaland.

The problems of Nairaland that we should have solved years ago will be solved.

* We will defeat tribalists, trolls, & spammers.
* We will complete our advertising platform.
* We will improve the UI and UX.
* Home page topics will be educative & fresh.
* We will reverse the anti-women trends.

However, I must warn you that things will get worse before they get better. Please stand with us and fight for us as Nairaland faces the tough challenges of 2024, which have already started.

Happy New Year and thanks for using Nairaland!

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.
I would like my nairaland account deleted.
I can't do it myself because I mistakenly closed my email account which was associated to my nairaland account.
Would you please help me close my account ?
Thank you.
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Mase2020g(m): 9:05pm On Feb 22
YoungBlackRico:
which site/platform are you being paid to use? Una sha like to dey abuse everything...

Twitter
Tiktok
Instagram
Facebook

Foolish man
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by YoungBlackRico(m): 6:08am On Feb 23
Mase2020g:

Twitter
Tiktok
Instagram
Facebook

Foolish man
How much have made from those? The man that sired you is foolish
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Mase2020g(m): 4:46pm On Feb 23
YoungBlackRico:
How much have made from those? The man that sired you is foolish

That's why u don't grow, stupid Yoruba
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by mydegreescholar: 7:39pm On Apr 20
Suen will be going through a lot this year, just like what he went through in 2012.

Nairaland is likely to face a big issue in 2032.
Suen braceup.

May the universe see you through.

I remain one and only Akinyemi, the man who understands the spiritual knowledge of the universe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

How To Advertise On Nairaland / Enugu Woman Fakes Her Own Kidnapping And Demands Ransom From Her Own Husband! / 8 Categories Of People You See In Filling Station During Fuel Scarcity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.