Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,612 members, 7,840,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos (21931 Views)

Man Sleeping With His Sister Kills Her For Having Sex With Another Man (Photo) / Stray Bullet Hits Man Sleeping At Home. He Survives (Photos) / Man Sleeping With Married Lady In Hotel Caught, Beaten, Locked In Car Boot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by cpu2006(m): 12:01pm On Jan 01
post=127723225:
This Brand New Year, Don Start With Sad news

Don't Forget, NáijaCover Bring This Ugly News
Is like specializes on bad news
Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by omooba969(m): 12:03pm On Jan 01
It's too early in the year for all these bad news joor! 😡

1 Like

Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by yusluvad(m): 12:03pm On Jan 01
ahnie:
That was someone's Son.
What was thee driver thinking that he couldn't come down to make proper scrunity of his truck before driving it.
Honestly! Poor driving etiquette!
Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by ahnie: 12:04pm On Jan 01
yusluvad:
Honestly! Poor driving etiquette!
It was an avoidable Death.
Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by Lemos14: 12:07pm On Jan 01
ahnie:
Sir...I would always come down to check...I do it alot.

If you're akin to trucks...you'll know that most motor boys always do naps under the trucks especially northerners.

So I m know what m saying.

okay i undertsand your view on northerners in particular because theyre largely uneducated.

1 Like

Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by ahnie: 12:12pm On Jan 01
My husband has trucks,so I know what m saying...I have watched him for years always checking under the trucks before driving out.
Lemos14:

okay i undertsand your view on northerners in particular because theyre largely uneducated.

2 Likes

Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by sonofElElyon: 12:23pm On Jan 01
post=127723210:
Update From NAIJACOVĒR. COM

A yet-to-be-identified motor boy has been crushed to death by a truck driver inward Sunrise along the Oshodi – Apapa Expressway.

PUNCH Online gathered that the incident occurred at about 2:30 pm on Sunday.

Additionally, it was gathered that the truck driver crushed the motorboy who was sleeping under his truck while attempting to follow other truck drivers to Tin Can Port Gate, Apapa.

In a Statement made available to PUNCH Metro by the Public Relations Officer, Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, Adebayo Taofiq, it was disclosed that the driver of the fully laden containerised truck with registration number T-1360LA was trying to go together with other heavy trucks heading inward Tin Can Port Gate, Apapa, when he inadvertently crushed a motor boy who was sleeping under his vehicle.

He added that the truck driver fled the scene as soon as the tragedy occurred and the motor boy was pronounced dead after being sent to a nearby hospital,

Taofiq stated that LASTMA officials led by Traffic Officer Adams Lateef Zebra Zone 13 Apapa quickly caught him and turned him over to police officers from the Trinity Police Division in the Apapa region.

Taofiq said “A preliminary investigation revealed that the driver of the fully loaded containerised truck (T_1360LA) unknowingly crushed a motor boy who was sleeping under his truck while the driver was trying to move along with other loaded trucks going inward Tin Can Port Gate, Apapa.

“Immediately the unfortunate incident happened and the motor boy was confirmed dead after rushing him to a nearby hospital, the truck driver took to his heels but was immediately apprehended by LASTMA officials led by Traffic Officer Adams Lateef ‘Zebra’ (Zone 13) Apapa.

“The Truck Driver was later handed over by LASTMA Officials to Policemen from the Trinity Police Division area of Apapa for further investigation.

The Acting General Manager, LASTMA, Bakare Oki advised truck drivers to inspect their trucks to make sure nothing was discovered underneath before embarking on a journey.

”The General Manager of LASTMA Mr. Bakare Oki appealed to drivers to always ensure they always check around their trucks to ascertain nothing was found before embarking on any movement.

“While sympathising with the deceased’s family, Mr. Bakare Oki sent his condolences.”

Source: https://punchng.com/truck-crushes-motor-boy-to-death-in-lagos/

No crime committed here. RIP to the unfortunate lad but no law broken.. he is under no legal obligation to check under his vehicle for sleeping people before moving... no such legal burden.. may sound harsh but it's the truth

3 Likes

Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by sonofElElyon: 12:24pm On Jan 01
ILoveNG:
It’s illegal not to check under your car before starting your car in Denmark, people attacked them for passing that law.
No such law in Nigeria... I stand to be corrected
Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by yusluvad(m): 12:27pm On Jan 01
ahnie:

It was an avoidable Death.
Honestly, Nigeria happened to him!🥺🥺
Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by gr8child(m): 12:30pm On Jan 01
ahnie:
That was someone's Son.
What was thee driver thinking that he couldn't come down to make proper scrunity of his truck before driving it.

Do you look under your car to see if someone is sleeping there before driving out?

2 Likes

Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by ceejay80s(m): 12:33pm On Jan 01
ahnie:
That was someone's Son.
How many times do u check all sides and under of ur car before u start the engine,
It's not his fault and how could a full grown man be sleeping under a truck

1 Like

Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by ahnie: 12:35pm On Jan 01
ceejay80s:

How many times do u check all sides and under of ur car before u start the engine,
It's not his fault and how could a full grown man be sleeping under a truck
Many drivers/Motor boys do take nap under their trucks....some even have swing wooven rope beds under their trucks where the relax n nap

I m tired of explaining sir...my finger dey pain me.
Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by Quebec91(m): 12:39pm On Jan 01
cheesy
Rikze:

shocked

Nothing is well. Stop giving yourself and others false consolation.

Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by ceejay80s(m): 12:45pm On Jan 01
ahnie:

Many drivers/Motor boys do take nap under their trucks....some even have swing wooven rope beds under their trucks where the relax n nap

I m tired of explaining sir...my finger dey pain me.
Lol
Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by Jeezuzpick(m): 12:46pm On Jan 01
SharingIsLife:
So bad!

No. Not sympathy but JUSTICE is what we want for the dead motor boy and his family. Though no amount of money is enough to pay for the life of the child, the driver should pay all that has been spent on the child until this age.

If not because of the bad Governance of Buhari and Tinubu, this child would have been in school instead of doing this kind of odd job.

When you hear "motor BOY", it doesn't mean it's a child o.

Motor boys are grown men, at least in their twenties who help the driver with traffic and other issues while learning to drive.

The youngest a motor boy can be is about 19-20, even those ones are the Northerners.

That being said, I feel for the poor driver. The man can never be the same again.

Just like one motor boy who slept off in the back of a dump truck in Dangote Cement last year.....got a full load of gypsum poured over him.

His corpse was only discovered when the truck got to the point of discharge and the vehicle tipped out the material with the body.

Saw his body being taken out the gates.

What's with motor boys and sleeping in dangerous places, sef?

1 Like

Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by Jeezuzpick(m): 12:49pm On Jan 01
gr8child:

Do you look under your car to see if someone is sleeping there before driving out?

Ask him o!

Though a lot of people have killed their dogs that way, sha....
Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by spencekat(m): 12:54pm On Jan 01
Baztardidiot:
Shey na him fault. Ahey the idiot boy no see guter go sleep.abeg free the driver jor
The way these motor boys /drivers sleep under trucks always surprises me.
Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by saintruky(m): 12:56pm On Jan 01
The engine of the truck na sound proof when the boy no hear the sound? Truck must start, then warm up small before d driver dey move... if the boy no hear the loud sound of the engine, then i concur with the below saying

Like someone said here, the boy had died in his sleep...

2 Likes

Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by descartes400: 1:09pm On Jan 01
SharingIsLife:
So bad!

No. Not sympathy but JUSTICE is what we want for the dead motor boy and his family. Though no amount of money is enough to pay for the life of the child, the driver should pay all that has been spent on the child until this age.

If not because of the bad Governance of Buhari and Tinubu, this child would have been in school instead of doing this kind of odd job.

What criminal offence can you charge the truck driver with? You can't charge him for murder, vehicular manslaughter charges will not stick to warrant a jail time, negligence something will not even stick...

The fact the deceased is called motorboy does not mean he is a child.

1 Like

Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by hedeybody: 1:09pm On Jan 01
T hisGlobe.com never seen pictures of Lagos

https://t hisglobe.com/index.php?board=16.0
Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by Ishilove: 1:10pm On Jan 01
oluwaseyi0:
Justice for the driver

Free him

Or you expect driver to check under truck for sleepers before driving
Yes, he is supposed to check. There is no place to sleep in those areas so 80% of the drivers and motor boys sleep under their trailers. They spread mats or wrappers and make themselves comfortable there.

1 Like

Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by Hanndye: 1:21pm On Jan 01
So sad. RIP.
Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by aAK1(m): 1:24pm On Jan 01
It is standard practice that truckers check around their trucks before moving
Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by Azazyel: 1:31pm On Jan 01
ahnie:
Sir...I would always come down to check...I do it alot.

If you're akin to trucks...you'll know that most motor boys always do naps under the trucks especially northerners.

So I m know what m saying.

You're correct. I see that everytime. I'm surprised the way some people are even flaring up at the dead boy
Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by kenolsquad(m): 1:36pm On Jan 01
The driver isn't to be blamed for this unfortunate but yet available nonsense.
How deep could one sleep to the point of not hearing the sounds/revvings of such heavy engine? Cut the driver some slack
Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by Enemyofpeace: 1:41pm On Jan 01
2024 too don begin dey chop people. God unto your hands I commit myself, family and friends. Let my flesh and blood be very bitter in the mouth of year 2024
Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by NaijaCover(m): 1:58pm On Jan 01
cpu2006:

Is like Naija-cover specializes on bad news

Na Where, I dey work, na there, I dey see food chop, My Brother, Try And Understand Me ooo
Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by PHINAS2016(m): 2:30pm On Jan 01
This happened two years ago...
Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by Kevineleven(m): 2:37pm On Jan 01
Why was he sleeping under truck? my people poverty kills, even when dey decide to use person do ritual for family, na poor person them go choose. Chai
Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by Omenlon: 3:00pm On Jan 01
SharingIsLife:
So bad!

people like you go abroad to be doing worst odd jobs in the name of hard currency. Maybe you don't know some graduate are into truck driving in Apapa and they make more money than you with your cutlass blade tie in the office.
Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by SharingIsLife(m): 3:16pm On Jan 01
Omenlon:
people like you go abroad to be doing worst odd jobs in the name of hard currency. Maybe you don't know some graduate are into truck driving in Apapa and they make more money than you with your cutlass blade tie in the office.
You mean the Shettima type cutlass blade tie
Re: Driver Crushes Man Sleeping Under Truck To Death In Lagos by Lumarstone: 3:29pm On Jan 01
Who is to blamed now?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bachama Militias Murder Fulani Man And His Son In Adamawa (Graphic Photos) / Court Convicts Ex-banker, Loretta Bayei For Fraud / Customs Discovers 2000 Illegal Rice Importation Routes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.