Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,066 members, 7,863,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:45 AM

How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother (14046 Views)

How Do I Deal With An Emotionally Cheating Husband / How Do I Deal With This Issues Between My Wife And I? / My Stepmother Poured Hot Water On My Baby! I'm So Angry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by UYEMDO35(m): 8:14pm On Jan 02
Ganjafama:
So she has no child for your father?
Yes
Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by jaydeevaa(f): 8:22pm On Jan 02
story of my life...the worst part is that my own stepmother is a so called pastor...but she has said negative things, lies about me to literally everyone who cares to give her listening ears and pretends to my face....and it's all borne out of jealousy....my own way of punishing her is by 'not giving her shi shi'...but my dad and step siblings are my priorities
Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by Jesubaby: 9:24pm On Jan 02
My little piece of advice is for you to stay calm. Don't respond to her in a rude manner. Even if she's trying to spoil your relationship with your father, know that it's just for the moment. Once you get a job and make your money, then, you'll only laugh over it, once you remember this day. Note: all problems in life has beginning and expiring date. Be nice no matter what.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by grandstar(m): 11:38pm On Jan 02
UYEMDO35'
I don't envy you. Is joining the army during a war isn't the best time.

You could get killed, maimed or psychologically damaged for life.

Please find something else to do.

You can start an estate agency.

Join buy black board. Meet local agents for properties to rent in your areas.

Now write them on your blackboard and put your number there. Find a friend who will allow you to put it in front of his shop or house (Preferably a busy location). You don't have to be there. They can call your number from the blackboard. You can charge them registration fee of N2-5k. You may not even charge them anything but may need to when starting.

Later as you grow, you can scout for properties by looking at "TO LET" signs in your neighbourhood and writing down the direct agents of those properties. You can market them on your board. You can also help people and agents source for properties. You can find properties and clients in the property section of Nairaland. Also, the Guardian on Monday, Castles Magazine that comes out every monday and Nigeriapropertycentre.com. There is also

I won't go beyond this. Just buy the blackboard and start and save this

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by felixtare(m): 5:32am On Jan 03
Had same experience while growing up.
Yesterday I went to family house,saw my step mother acting mad in her old age.my people what you sow is what you will reap

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by UYEMDO35(m): 7:26am On Jan 03
jaydeevaa:
story of my life...the worst part is that my own stepmother is a so called pastor...but she has said negative things, lies about me to literally everyone who cares to give her listening ears and pretends to my face....and it's all borne out of jealousy....my own way of punishing her is by 'not giving her shi shi'...but my dad and step siblings are my priorities

my brother! stepmothers are very wicked, I don't know whether na so all of them be cuz I see shege for dis life.... lost my mum 6 month after giving birth to me and ever since then naim my suffering started till I finally ended up with dis one were dem just marry yesterday come our house and now she wants to start claiming entitlement. Dis woman frustrated my life to an extent that I thought of committing suicide.
Ever since Daddy retired from his work she has been acting wired trying to create hated between father and his children maybe cuz of the money dey want to pay my father and she's doing all dis to win favor in the eyes of my Dad.
Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by UYEMDO35(m): 7:47am On Jan 03
I really appreciate everyone's advise and I promise to be the best version of myself when I go out there to join the military.i didn't chose to join the army so that I can intimidate people with my military power rather I chose to join the military to be financially independent and also another escape root to leave the house and totally free myself from my manipulative step mother who thinks that I am not useful to myself.
Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by UYEMDO35(m): 7:56am On Jan 03
CaveAdullam:
The best way to treat manipulative people is to pretend you don't know their game but stay behind the scenes and counter their games.

You counter their games by mirroring their actions toward them.

Predators fear other predators. Predators only go for the weak. Ditto for manipulative people - they go for the weak and foolish. They fear those who understand their game.

With your stepmother, the best you could've done is what you've done, which is leaving the house for good.

Step-parents can't treat their stepchildren the way they will treat their kids. Stepchildren are a biological threat. I digress.

Your first allies in life - father and mother has failed you. It's then up to you to take yourself of the mess and do something good for yourself. It isn't your fault, but such is life.

Being part of the army is a cool one provided your head miss all the future headshots. Else, you just made a big mistake. But I understand. Except you gonna be an army officer.

Even in the army, you will see and experience manipulations and oppressions of the highest level, one in which your stepmother can't be qualified to compete with. Lol.

I wish you a safe end, dear friend.

Thanks.
Much appreciated sir.
Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by UYEMDO35(m): 8:08am On Jan 03
Streetmovement:
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Op, if na me she no go fit do am irrespective of who she is and who brought her into the family, I'm respectful, calm and easy to deal with, never afraid of any bagger but i no too well like that if anger set in...sorry but your papa na Bleep up nigga for letting her trash you like that, as long as she maintain her lane me and her no for get issue.

Goodluck on whatever you choose to do 👍
Thanks for your advise bro

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by id4sho(m): 10:04am On Jan 03
Ebymyk:
I feel your pain.. I have a Step mom too... All of them are that stupid.. Causing confusion here and there,try by all means to maintain the relationship you have with your dad... Don't allow her come between you and your dad...she sees you as a threat to her and her children... Step mom's are pretenders, no matter how they pretend to love you, na scam... She's doing all in her power to push you and your siblings out of the picture.. You and your siblings should have 1 voice... And be careful with her food... She has no right to starve you. It's your father's house..if she's not willing to give you food..Report her to your dad, if he doesn't take swift action, go and prepare food for yourself to eat in that kitchen,thunder fire that woman ... It's your father's money.. Be spiritually alert... Don't ever believe or trust step mom's, the are snake's.... Know your rights,if she's behaving as if she's on the same page with you, she's just looking for a soft spot or your vulnerability to step on...please watch it... Be wise...
I pity anyone who doesn't know their tactics. We had one B4 pops death. Assets worth 500M down the drain. They Sabi church and prayers, all na scam. Very diabolical and wicked. Matter long abeg

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by UYEMDO35(m): 10:58am On Jan 03
id4sho:

I pity anyone who doesn't know their tactics. We had one B4 pops death. Assets worth 500M down the drain. They Sabi church and prayers, all na scam. Very diabolical and wicked. Matter long abeg
Brother man...... Your point valid.
Same thing apply to my stepmom, she pretend alot.she doesn't miss church program and she prays as if she's a saint and that's why my Dad so much believe in her cuz of her fake prophecy.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by tunnyl(m): 1:05pm On Jan 03
CameroonPepper:

As you don chook mouth you are the new OP.

Aswear nairaland na yaba left🤣
Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by Streetmovement(m): 2:59pm On Jan 03
UYEMDO35:

Thanks for your advise bro

Wotoporiously cool speaking

No problem bro, just take it easy bro it's gon be aiit
Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 4:11pm On Jan 03
Same situation I'm facing bro, it's just like you are narrating my story everything is the same.
But thank God i already work for a company remotely as a web developer but she was ignorant she know I work but she don't know what I earn monthly,
she destroy the relationship between I and my father and he always judge her right what ever she did to me. step mothers are evils.
we always fight. he always blame me that I fight with his wife, my mother death since I was young, I really thank God for not being jobless since I used to feed my self, I just sleep in the house and move out early morning she totally destroy the relationship with me and my father in my father is old man they are hard to understand things because she formatted his brain and fill it with rubbish.
I really agree that females are very dangerous I'm 26yrs old .
my next plan is to build even a small house and move away from that house.
Life is not easy for some people bro just keep praying. the way I get this well paying job you will get urs too and leave that ignorant, dumb, nonsense woman called(stepmother) because God is totally with us.
Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by UYEMDO35(m): 10:36pm On Jan 03
ahmedsaniadamu:
Same situation I'm facing bro, it's just like you are narrating my story everything is the same.
But thank God i already work for a company remotely as a web developer but she was ignorant she know I work but she don't know what I earn monthly,
she destroy the relationship between I and my father and he always judge her right what ever she did to me. step mothers are evils.
we always fight. he always blame me that I fight with his wife, my mother death since I was young, I really thank God for not being jobless since I used to feed my self, I just sleep in the house and move out early morning she totally destroy the relationship with me and my father in my father is old man they are hard to understand things because she formatted his brain and fill it with rubbish.
I really agree that females are very dangerous I'm 26yrs old .
my next plan is to build even a small house and move away from that house.
Life is not easy for some people bro just keep praying. the way I get this well paying job you will get urs too and leave that ignorant, dumb, nonsense woman called(stepmother) because God is totally with us.
Amen ooo
Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by Ebymyk(m): 8:33pm On Jan 05
id4sho:

yes indeed... I understand... They are not worth any explanation...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name / Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? / Help Me Suggest Xmas Gift For My Mum And Dad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.