Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down (34827 Views)

These Animals Were Killed While Ploughing My Farm Yesterday / Big Python I Killed In My Farm Today And What Has Become Of It. / Fulani Hunters Having Fun In My Farm In 2015 - Aroms Aigbehi Shares Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by janedonez(m): 11:05am On Jan 02
I did Beans farming to help sustain livelihood, unfortunately, the DD Force Chemical I applied destroyed all my Beans. I don't know what to do.

When I was offered the Chemical, I objected but the Dealer insisted that it was the appropriate Chemical to use, after going through the Label I also read that it can used plants such as Maize, beans and others.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by SocialJustice: 11:08am On Jan 02
You sprayed dd force on beans people will eat, thank God they died.

223 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by opera1(m): 11:21am On Jan 02
I don't think it's DD force that destroy your farm coz DD force is an insecticide.

You can use Láraforce or caterpillar force on the farm

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by SirLakes: 11:41am On Jan 02
DD force is not herbicide nah, but insecticide (to kill storage and field insects).

Abi nah herbicide wey dem package as DD force insecticide you buy shocked

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by Nicepoker(m): 1:08pm On Jan 02
SocialJustice:
You sprayed dd force on beans people will eat, thank God they died.
farmers spray a whole lot of stuff is it because you have seen this one here?

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by spinna: 1:28pm On Jan 02
This looks like herbicide burn.. maybe he sold you Paraquat or glyphosate he had left over in his hand..

Farming is all about learning from failures..

Lesson: , buy from a reputable agro store

If it's too bad cut your losses, re-clear the land, and think of your next crop

Edit:

OR: maybe you didn't flush out your sprayer..maybe it had some cups of herbicide in it and you added the dd force to it... Sprayers must be flushed with clean water after each use

113 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by Waffarianman(m): 2:26pm On Jan 02
That's fake DD force real DD force don't affect plants.

6 Likes

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by Chukwumawisdom: 8:15pm On Jan 02
It could be that the concentration you mixed was high.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by RainMoreDFARMS(f): 9:50pm On Jan 02
Oh boy, farming is not easy.
Day by day now, my plantain trees have started breaking into two. I know it's the effect of drought, but hey it's heart breaking

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by overseasnbeyond: 12:38am On Jan 03
Do you have insurance?
Yes, I do
1. Home Insurance
2.Auto Insurance
3. health Insurance
4. Life Insurance.

janedonez:
I did Beans farming to help sustain livelihood, unfortunately, the DD Force Chemical I applied destroyed all my Beans. I don't know what to do.
When I was offered the Chemical, I objected but the Dealer insisted that it was the appropriate Chemical to use, after going through the Label I also read that it can used plants such as Maize, beans and others.

CC: Farmtech, Pavore9

2 Likes

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by janedonez(m): 9:14am On Jan 03
SirLakes:
DD force is not herbicide nah, but insecticide (to kill storage and field insects).

Abi nah herbicide wey dem package as DD force insecticide you buy shocked

I am really shocked, I don't really understand
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by janedonez(m): 9:18am On Jan 03
spinna:
This looks like herbicide burn.. maybe he sold you Paraquat or glyphosate he had left over in his hand..

Edit:

OR: maybe you didn't flush out your sprayer..maybe it had some cups of herbicide in it and you added the dd force to it... Sprayers must be flushed with clean water after each use

The flushing aspect is out of this, I didn't spray herbicides during the period
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by janedonez(m): 9:20am On Jan 03
Waffarianman:
That's fake DD force real DD force don't affect plants.

This is Strange, I was Wondering what happened.

2 Likes

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by janedonez(m): 9:21am On Jan 03
Chukwumawisdom:
It could be that the concentration you mixed was high.

The Mixture was minimal.
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by janedonez(m): 9:22am On Jan 03
RainMoreDFARMS:
Oh boy, farming is not easy.
Day by day now, my plantain trees have started breaking into two. I know it's the effect of drought, but hey it's heart breaking

Farming isn't easy as most people thought.

6 Likes

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by Waffarianman(m): 4:11pm On Jan 03
janedonez:

This is Strange, I was Wondering what happened.

It's fake products my brother. Have use DD power several times and it's works well for me then

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by janedonez(m): 6:45pm On Jan 03
overseasnbeyond:
Do you have insurance?

no insurance, never thought of that

2 Likes

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by janedonez(m): 6:46pm On Jan 03
Waffarianman:

It's fake products my brother. Have use DD power several times and it's works well for me then

The Shop I purchased is one of the most trusted here.
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by Waffarianman(m): 4:36pm On Jan 04
janedonez:

You won't understand, I worked with herbicides company way back... Anyway sorry next

2 Likes

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by janedonez(m): 6:23pm On Jan 04
Waffarianman:

You won't understand, I worked with herbicides company way back... Anyway sorry next

Its strange that the Parent company will turn a blind eye while people destroy their products
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by gidjah(m): 9:28pm On Jan 05
spinna:

Your observationa are very correct.Your options are also very true .he definitely fell for scam over the DD he bought or his sprayer was not properly washed off the paraquat of glyphosate earlier used in the sprayer.But I do not expect him to loose much though he will still save plenty because the glyphosate won't be much ,except it was glyphosate d person sold to him mistakenly .

Edit:

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by gidjah(m): 9:32pm On Jan 05
janedonez:

two way things it's either the company did d mistake or the person himself mixed the DD with the glyphosate.Or ;there was a mix up in the container. Smell the container if it still has DD smell then it was likely mixed some where surely not you but the seller.get away from him next time I wish to but such sensitive chemicala

2 Likes

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by Waffarianman(m): 8:43pm On Jan 07
janedonez:

Its strange that the Parent company will turn a blind eye while people destroy their products

Even most of the parents company knows what is going on... Life 🧬
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by janedonez(m): 8:50pm On Jan 07
gidjah:
two way things it's either the company did d mistake or the person himself mixed the DD with the glyphosate.Or ;there was a mix up in the container. Smell the container if it still has DD smell then it was likely mixed some where surely not you but the seller.get away from him next time I wish to but such sensitive chemicala

Mixture is less likely to be the issue but Product adulteration

3 Likes

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by janedonez(m): 8:51pm On Jan 07
Waffarianman:

Even most of the parents company knows what is going on... Life 🧬

This is what am suspecting too
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by Waffarianman(m): 8:55pm On Jan 07
janedonez:

This is what am suspecting too

I knows what am talking because have worked with them before
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by janedonez(m): 11:00am On Jan 08
Waffarianman:

I knows what am talking because have worked with them before

With all these underhand dealings, we can never trust these coys again
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by inoki247: 12:58pm On Jan 10
Lol unless dem don repackage Fake insecticide for u sha...

Na why I no dey use the Popular brand on my farm no be me Una go come waste all my hard labor nd money....

Buh spraying what people will eat with pesticide are dangerous to human too....

2 Likes

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:58pm On Jan 10
It is obvious the person sold you a fake product.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:58pm On Jan 10
inoki247:
Lol unless dem don repackage Fake insecticide for u sha...
Dat one sef dey ooo ........

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by silvoclaira: 12:59pm On Jan 10
Shiiit

I think the chemical is fake
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by omenka1: 12:59pm On Jan 10
Ed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures / The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) / Blind & Deaf Rice Farmer In Taraba With A Paralysed Left Hand (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.