Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,749 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo (23426 Views)

We Will Go After Holders Of Certificates From Degree Mills – Education Minister / FG Suspends UI Governing Council Meetings / All My Certificates From Primary School To Masters (Msc) Stolen From Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo by prophetic69(m): 4:11pm On Jan 02
atiku4President:
They are waking up late, though
Very late my brother, I'm a graduate from benin republic...can you believe that I have friends who bought cert during our time that are well employed now? Yet me wey suffer attend classes follow due process....never even smell interview for years now..

2 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo by 9jaBloke: 4:11pm On Jan 02
shocked

The right thing to do is proper verification and blacklisting of affected institutions.

3 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo by Zico5(m): 4:11pm On Jan 02
Ok
Re: FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo by obas01(m): 4:15pm On Jan 02
Lol....🤣

Since when , She is Just waking up or pretending not to be aware🥹.

Spit 🗣️

2 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo by qtx(m): 4:18pm On Jan 02
HarunaWest:
Nice move from the Federal Government. I always doubted the credibility or those countries certificates. All officials involved should be thoroughly investigated. Anyone found culpable should be jailed sharperly.
Why cant we start from the head? CSU in mind tongue
Re: FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo by Obiedun(m): 4:19pm On Jan 02
People are using their money to buy Ignorance.

5 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo by IamANigerianMan: 4:20pm On Jan 02
The funnest of all is no course on Earth that is not offering in that University.

5 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:21pm On Jan 02
After Collateral damage.
They should start by exposing and suspending their staffs plus elected and appointed government officials who got degrees and certificates from those universities.
Some of the olodos that became senators and Director General of government institutions only have to get questionable degrees and accreditation by going through those nefarious routes.

4 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo by Obiedun(m): 4:22pm On Jan 02
qtx:
Why cant we start from the head? CSU in mind tongue
Keep Shut.

2 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo by Ykc2(m): 4:23pm On Jan 02
Kingbenn:
I'm not trying to bad-mouth those countries oh but believe me you, most of their products are rubbish. I've had different encounters with many of them and the turnout is below par.

It's high time the FG step up their game as well, if we have good schools here, many of our youths won't run to these countries for that nonsense. What am I even saying self? Am I making any sense at all? DJ, please play me Am I normal by Micheal Jackson featuring Tinubu and APC.
our University are the best in the world can we produce power bank?
Re: FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo by SoNature(m): 4:24pm On Jan 02
Kingbenn:
I'm not trying to bad-mouth those countries oh but believe me you, most of their products are rubbish. I've had different encounters with many of them and the turnout is below par.

It's high time the FG step up their game as well, if we have good schools here, many of our youths won't run to these countries for that nonsense. What am I even saying self? Am I making any sense at all? DJ, please play me Am I normal by Micheal Jackson featuring Tinubu and APC.

Those I know who attended those schools back in the day were people who couldn't get admission in our government universities. I don't know about now though

5 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo by elonize(m): 4:25pm On Jan 02
prophetic69:
From this report schools in Cotonou is not the main problem here but our system.... imagine registering for NYSC multiple times.. kai and I dey unemployed since I finished my service, by now I for dey serve for the 5th time now dey collect allawi hold body....now the update don caste

Immigration and ministry of education should first be investigated and the NYSC scheme itself.
dey will never do dat,na y I dey vex for d journalist wen cast dis tin...mk e go investigate ppo wen dey sponsor boko haram,na here e 1show himself😂😂

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo by panpan(m): 4:27pm On Jan 02
Cotonou is in Benin Republic.
Why was Togo included?
Re: FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo by Diligence: 4:33pm On Jan 02
Wait-o...just one investigative journalist's handiwork, just 1. NOT ENOF!

It's like suspending LASU over one investigative journalist's work that exposed one could get LASU's degree without being in class, et al, & yet your "transcripts" are intact.

Are your own schools any better? Which standard can we measure with?

Not fair!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo by prophetic69(m): 4:33pm On Jan 02
elonize:
dey will never do dat,na y I dey vex for d journalist wen cast dis tin...mk e go investigate ppo wen dey sponsor boko haram,na here e 1show himself😂😂
no mind the fool.

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo by vaxx: 4:33pm On Jan 02
panpan:
Cotonou is in Benin Republic.
Why was Togo included?
the fact is, if you attend a government approved university in either of the country you have nothing to fear . It is not possible to invalidate a government authorized institution unless that country is not recognized by law. Will Togo and Benin also invalidate degree shunning out from Nigeria ?

But for a safer side , it is always advisable to attend public funded school if you must school in west africa or better still attend a well sponsor known Private university with a national recognition .

6 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo by Kingbenn(m): 4:35pm On Jan 02
You are right tho but the end product no be here maybe it's people I've met tho. Those I met in NYSC camp finds it hard to communicate with boldness, only those ones from Ghana were better.
SoNature:

Those I know who attended those schools back in the day were people who couldn't get admission in our government universities. I don't know about now though

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo by kerry57: 4:36pm On Jan 02
Asari go cry mure
Re: FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo by iswallker(m): 4:41pm On Jan 02
When will they investigate the csu certificate from messrs tulumbu

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo by ajayiebenezer19: 4:41pm On Jan 02
I assure you that they will find alternative way of carrying out thei nafarious activities

2 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo by symbianDON(m): 4:42pm On Jan 02
atiku4President:
They are waking up late, though
better late than never. Kudos to FG.
Re: FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo by YoungBlackRico(m): 4:43pm On Jan 02
A lots of NYSC certificates will be withdrawn lol
Re: FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo by YoungBlackRico(m): 4:44pm On Jan 02
panpan:
Cotonou is in Benin Republic. Why was Togo included?
I guess people buy from there too

2 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo by joefelin2345: 4:44pm On Jan 02
Diligence:

It's like suspending LASU over one investigative journalist's work that exposed one could get LASU's degree without being in class, et al, & yet your "transcripts" are intact.

Not fair!
Don't mind them. Nigeria makes life difficult for its citizens. Na today FME knows that Students spend only 3 years post O/L for Bachelor Degree in Benin Republic where as it is 4:Years in Nigeria & both participate in the NYSC Scheme. Beside, why should a student still have to spend 2 years for Top-up Degree after 4 years in our Polytechnics? Let us be critical critics of a critical situation. NBTE tried to correct this yet the useless NUC kicked against it & yet our NASS kept mute bc their children & wards are studying overseas. This is part of the issue at stake. Opportunity they say, make a thief. I come in peace though?

2 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo by YoungBlackRico(m): 4:46pm On Jan 02
Diligence:

Not fair!
Lol, it's not about the journalist. This thing na open secret, it's just, now that's it's been brought to public space, "something has to be done about it"
Re: FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo by stevups(m): 4:47pm On Jan 02
When I was serving in 2014, a graduate of Cotonou who happened to be one of us did not even utter a word during any presentation, she could only laugh with her big set of teeth.

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo by walex25(m): 5:00pm On Jan 02
This is the impact of true journalism. The investigative journalists that reported the story deserves an award.
Re: FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo by Babaelemu: 5:00pm On Jan 02
Yoruba no suppose allow this move. They are doing the same in norther nigeria
Re: FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo by AlabiKILLER2023: 5:05pm On Jan 02
Yoruba oluyole fake certificate from Benin republic
Re: FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo by Agugbadin: 5:05pm On Jan 02
Very good development, the schools should be blacklisted permanently.

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Accreditation Of Degree Certificates From Benin, Togo by Agugbadin: 5:07pm On Jan 02
walex25:
This is the impact of true journalism. The investigative journalists that reported the story deserves an award.

Absolutely,he deserves a national award.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Announces Resumption Date As ASUU Suspends Strike / Unilorin: 7 Months In A Semester, The Fall Of A Stable Calendar !!! / Ekiti Varsity Retains Lamido Sanusi as Chancellor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.