Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,999 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? (14093 Views)

(free Reward)why Whatsapp Users Switching To Hike Messenger And You Should Too / Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? / Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? by Valto(m): 10:57am On Nov 03, 2011
the mtn 1billion naira promo have been on, for two months now. According to their promo rule, they have winners every ten days. That means they av supposedly given out #10million to 50 lucky winners(500million) and #100,000 to 500 lucky winners(50 million). I am wondering if anyone here av won or knew anyone that av won already.
Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? by doctokwus: 12:17pm On Nov 03, 2011
Neva blved in mtn promos,of number of people I know using mtn line all these yrs,none has ever won anythin,only get to c somebody frm one distant place or d oda bein declared a winner of one of dere regular 419ish promos.If not that nigeria is what it is,all these corporate scammers would av bn exposed by d appropriate authority
Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? by Valto(m): 1:23pm On Nov 03, 2011
i was just wondering how come all those prize are won, still yet we are not seeing the real winners.
Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? by Muttex(m): 4:13pm On Nov 03, 2011
Dnt mind the only bastard the network we have in naija, so stingy than anything
Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 03, 2011
even the winners are emptyhen proxies ah ah
Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? by ayusman16(m): 4:21pm On Nov 03, 2011
Valto:

the mtn 1billion naira promo have been on, for two months now. According to their promo rule, they have winners every ten days. That means they av supposedly given out #10million to 50 lucky winners(500million) and #100,000 to 500 lucky winners(50 million). I am wondering if anyone here av won or knew anyone that av won already.

You wan go rob them? Take ur time ooo. U think say na Globa-go
Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? by Kennyblues(m): 4:22pm On Nov 03, 2011
MTN is not the only culprit in the game even Star Game Show thats has been on for a while, don't know if its ended now, is also culpable. I am a living witness of their scam
Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? by Ournaija: 4:27pm On Nov 03, 2011
@ Op

Were you expecting an awoof from the most stingy network on earth? grin grin grin

MTN can not dash anybody pin not to talk of 1b, I dey laff ooooo grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? by ayusman16(m): 4:31pm On Nov 03, 2011
Ournaija:

@ Op

Were you expecting an awoof from the most stingy network on earth? grin grin grin

MTN can not dash anybody pin not to talk of 1b, I dey laff ooooo grin grin grin grin grin

See your teeth grin How much u don dash people? Na because of d N100 wey u dey load u wan win 10m? grin grin grin
Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 03, 2011
Lol! U go fear 10billion nah!!, 80% of Nigerian promo tows that line too. At least the others will bring people from godknowswhere and declare them winners. MTN wont even go through that stress. They dont need to declare anything afterall who we go ask? If our NCC was upto scratch,we for no dey talk all these ones. I only pity those who recharge and recharge for the singular aim of winning the promos. 10billion ko 100 trillion ni, !
Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? by KacHemNaU(m): 4:56pm On Nov 03, 2011
Most Stingy Network Provider
Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? by jamace(m): 5:10pm On Nov 03, 2011
I was just thinking about this too. I load N500 daily for browsing and I also load much money on my handset too, yet no "Thank you" from MTN. Haba MTN! angry
Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? by asudan: 5:13pm On Nov 03, 2011
Leave MTN alone dey non force you join or charm you.If you like am abeg leave am say other people want am.Other network like Glo are doin similar thing why don't question them?must it be MTN NG that you transfer aggressn or hatred for. For me I don't really like them but as far I am concern,it is an offer from them you either accept,reject or ignore it.Ask etisalat why some of her customers haven't receive their free credit in the etisalat "FREE CREDIT PROMO",why must load N500 to qualify to enjoy 30 free mins(glo 2 glo) in glo recharge and win promo and why Airtel hasn't join her counterpart.Or better still why is Ncc reluntant to deactivate unregistered sim after all the warnings-look at Ghana they finish their I think June 2011 so what is Ncc waiting for.
Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? by oneuniquemind(m): 5:20pm On Nov 03, 2011
Dt network provider wey no usefull.d only tin dey sabi na to remove person money.
Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? by usafemo(m): 5:23pm On Nov 03, 2011
Useless network, all they do is 2 zap 1s credit
Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? by lwise(m): 5:26pm On Nov 03, 2011
check their names on mtn website.
Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? by doctokwus: 5:32pm On Nov 03, 2011
asudan:

Leave MTN alone dey non force you join or charm you.If you like am abeg leave am say other people want am.Other network like Glo are doin similar thing why don't question them?must it be MTN NG that you transfer aggressn or hatred for. For me I don't really like them but as far I am concern,it is an offer from them you either accept,reject or ignore it.Ask etisalat why some of her customers haven't receive their free credit in the etisalat "FREE CREDIT PROMO",why must load N500 to qualify to enjoy 30 free mins(glo 2 glo) in glo recharge and win promo and why Airtel hasn't join her counterpart.Or better still why is Ncc reluntant to deactivate unregistered sim after all the warnings-look at Ghana they finish their I think June 2011 so what is Ncc waiting for.
Its ur kind of disjointed view that gives d likes of mtn& oda scammers d guts to continue in their ways.So because customers were not forced or charmed to join d network or because odas are doing it,we shd ignore d fact that trust has bn breached& a posible scam has taken place;av u asked urself while tins like this do not happen in advanced countries,evn by companies 10x richer dan mtn?I pity ur type,u can obviously can take shi-t so long as u feel u av bn outsmarted by a more cunning fellow
Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? by phiriki: 5:35pm On Nov 03, 2011
i won 100 k and d 10m winners, am in contact often with them so bro na 4 real oooo
Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? by asudan: 5:57pm On Nov 03, 2011
If you not satisfied, then Let us not use MTN to call or text and see what wil happen.At leas 1 millions persons should emback on this strike.
Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? by Dpharisee: 6:01pm On Nov 03, 2011
I came across this old post on NL

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-433638.0.html

Topic: Mtn World Cup Naira Splash (Read 600 views)
Guyman02

Mtn World Cup Naira Splash
« on: April 20, 2010, 10:22 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You all are aware of the phoney GSM promos across the networks asking us to text 'GO, WIN, START etc' and collecting our hard earned N100 for each SMS.
Just recently there was a promo from MTN called TREASURE HUNT and another advertised by Ramsey Noah for Glo called WIN 555 MILLION which are all nothing but reaping off gullible of Nigerian Masses.

GLO recently started BID TO WIN advertised by Ini Edo and promised 18 Tear Rubber Cars. All of a sudden after making so much money from Nigerians who were 'Mugu' enough to play, they only gave out 2 Cars (One to a guy from Portharcourt and another from Kaduna) as we saw on TV and ended the promo.

Zain is also doing a promo being undertaken by the same guys who conducted the GLO promo asking us to text 'WIN' for N100 per SMS and win N2m everyday.

People have this impression that the Networks are dashing out N500m or N1b to lucky subscribers (Na lie).
What happens is that you as an individual can go to any of the Networks with a concept that will attract people to send SMS. The Network will issue you a special code number like 333, 555 or 222 if they accept your idea.

For every N100 SMS sent to that code, the Network receives 40%, the owner of the concept gets 40% and the remaining 20% is spent on adverts and Prizes to be issued to a few genuine individuals across the country, while they 'arrange the rest' of the winners.

I have worked as assistant in one of the companies organising the promo, we had to use Gbenga Adeyinka (the first) as anchor to give it credibility. Anyway, I have a brand new Pegeout 307 to show for it (yes arranged, but e no concern you)
Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? by pkv(m): 6:12pm On Nov 03, 2011
D-pharisee:

I came across this old post on NL

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-433638.0.html

Topic: Mtn World Cup Naira Splash (Read 600 views)
Guyman02

Mtn World Cup Naira Splash
« on: April 20, 2010, 10:22 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You all are aware of the phoney GSM promos across the networks asking us to text 'GO, WIN, START etc' and collecting our hard earned N100 for each SMS.
Just recently there was a promo from MTN called TREASURE HUNT and another advertised by Ramsey Noah for Glo called WIN 555 MILLION which are all nothing but reaping off gullible of Nigerian Masses.

GLO recently started BID TO WIN advertised by Ini Edo and promised 18 Tear Rubber Cars. All of a sudden after making so much money from Nigerians who were 'Mugu' enough to play, they only gave out 2 Cars (One to a guy from Portharcourt and another from Kaduna) as we saw on TV and ended the promo.

Zain is also doing a promo being undertaken by the same guys who conducted the GLO promo asking us to text 'WIN' for N100 per SMS and win N2m everyday.

People have this impression that the Networks are dashing out N500m or N1b to lucky subscribers (Na lie).
What happens is that you as an individual can go to any of the Networks with a concept that will attract people to send SMS. The Network will issue you a special code number like 333, 555 or 222 if they accept your idea.

For every N100 SMS sent to that code, the Network receives 40%, the owner of the concept gets 40% and the remaining 20% is spent on adverts and Prizes to be issued to a few genuine individuals across the country, while they 'arrange the rest' of the winners.

I have worked as assistant in one of the companies organising the promo, we had to use Gbenga Adeyinka (the first) as anchor to give it credibility. Anyway, I have a brand new Pegeout 307 to show for it (yes arranged, but e no concern you)

connivin ojoro broda
Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? by TUGASO(m): 6:25pm On Nov 03, 2011
M=Money, T=Thieving, N=Network. That's all they know how well to do.
Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? by Africanson: 6:32pm On Nov 03, 2011
If you have a short code and want to make money from mobile phone users in your country go to www.GsmDigits.com. Any country
Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? by sylve11: 7:30pm On Nov 03, 2011
lol @ comments grin cool
Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? by mallorca(m): 7:34pm On Nov 03, 2011
all na ojoro
Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? by Valto(m): 9:05pm On Nov 03, 2011
doctokwus:

Neva blved in mtn promos,of number of people I know using mtn line all these yrs,none has ever won anythin,only get to c somebody frm one distant place or d oda bein declared a winner of one of dere regular 419ish promos.If not that nigeria is what it is,all these corporate scammers would av bn exposed by d appropriate authority
Ournaija:

@ Op

Were you expecting an awoof from the most stingy network on earth?  grin grin grin

MTN can not dash anybody pin not to talk of 1b, I dey laff ooooo  grin grin grin grin grin
i wasnt expecting, am just wondering how come over 550 have won and we have not heard or seen any of them.
Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? by Zhulfiqar1: 9:07pm On Nov 03, 2011
The government should put an end to all these suspiciously fraudulent promos especially by telecommunication companies and banks.

We should also not forget the 500 cars promo of Glo about 3 years ago.now MTN is also offering 10bn.banks too would ask people to open accounts to win cars.all seem so fake.

10 billion is not small money.if this is a genuine promo,it is not expensive for MTN to have a live TV weekly show to choose genuine winners and convince customers and Nigerians at large.but they know they cannot broadcast fraud on TV channels.if any network offer such a huge amount of money to the public for real,majority of all Nigerians would buy SIM cards and use that network.but it does not look real at all.

Another problem of such fraudulent and obscure promos is the growth of fraudsters who use such promos as opportunity to be scamming people through false text messages.if the promo is real and the network provide a transparent channel for people to claim their prizes,fraudsters would not thrive and people will not fall as double victims of both the fake promos and also fraudsters.

1 Like

Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? by Valto(m): 9:19pm On Nov 03, 2011
moderator thanks for putting it on the front page.
Mtn 1 billion naira, mtn wan scatter person o, this one no be million again , na billion now. grin grin grin . Very cunny
Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? by Revolva(m): 10:10pm On Nov 03, 2011
Una dey here dey say MTN no dey give money , out its true, I seen them in news papers, Ok,

The thing is that they won 10Million each like 10 people, which they published in Punch, Ok, as an MTN advert, Ok, and more 10Million Naira are gonna be won till it reached 1Billion, Haba how dem go dash one person 1Billion, fear no dey catch the person, abi MTN wan cause dem donwfall
Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? by Valto(m): 11:16pm On Nov 03, 2011
Revolva:

Una dey here dey say MTN no dey give money , out its true, I seen them in news papers, Ok,

The thing is that they won 10Million each like 10 people, which they published in Punch, Ok, as an MTN advert, Ok,  and more 10Million Naira are gonna be won till it reached 1Billion, Haba how dem go dash one person 1Billion, fear no dey catch the person, abi MTN wan cause dem donwfall
  u see the lucky arranged winners on tv and newspapers. So that guarantees that the promo is true. Which of  the winners did u know? Just like wen glo gave out 500 cars sometime ago, but till today i havent seen any of such cars green coloured cars drive around lagos.
Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? by Basics007: 12:18am On Nov 04, 2011
Every thread accusing MTN of doing one thing or another must find it's way to the front page. Seriously this is turning to a vendetta on somebody's part.
@OP. This is a simple issue. The names of the winners are on their website. If you can take the time to trace them out wherever they stay you'll know if the promo is real or not. I've never won before but i know someone who won. Shikena

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls I Nid Help On How To Download 2go On My E5 / Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card / How To Set-up Symtorrent App To Download Torrent File

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.