Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,739 members, 7,851,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:07 PM

"Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" (1570 Views)

Why I Returned To Nollywood After Many Years Of Being Away – Bukky Wright / Justin Dean: Korra Obidi Only Cheated At The Beginning, The Children Are Mine / Bobrisky: "I Won’t Stop Crushing On Kcee Till He Comes To Pay My Bride Price" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by Wisdomkosi(m): 1:48pm On Jan 03
"Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The Children" - Wisdom Nwedene

A Nigerian journalist, Wisdom Nwedene, has cautioned Popular Nollywood Actor, Yul Edochie not to demand for refund of the bride price he paid to marry his first wife, May.

He noted that in Ebonyi State, once Family members return bride price, the children is no longer his own.

According to him, "anyone close to Yul Edochie should tell him that in Ebonyi State, once Family members return bride price, the children is no longer his own."

"And any man that comes to marry May will automatically own his children. That's the traditional in Ebonyi State and he should trend with caution except he doesn't want the children he had with may."

Recall that Yul Edochie has continued to lambast his first wife, May Edochie via his official Instagram page.

In a short statement released on Wednesday morning, Yul Edochie accused his first wife, May Edochie of refusing to return the bride price he paid on her head.

According to him, "You have filed for divorce
Yet you refused to drop my name
Return the bride price I paid, you and your family refused."

"I have asked for the return of the bride price a couple of times, you people vehemently refused.
I don't understand why."

Source : https://9newsng.com/once-bride-price-is-returned-yul-edochie-will-no-longer-own-the-children-wisdom-nwedene/

Re: "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by Akaegwu(m): 1:53pm On Jan 03
Mumu man

4 Likes

Re: "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by Chinjo2: 2:07pm On Jan 03
That's a big fat lie.
Yul will take the family to court and lets see if Ebonyi tradition is more superior to the constitution of Nigeria.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by Tolujid: 2:08pm On Jan 03
This one no fit this man
Re: "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by Ireportlive: 2:12pm On Jan 03
Like say pikin no go grow old find him papa.

What did yul do that is an abomination that they are troubling him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by Jewessgratitud3: 2:14pm On Jan 03
Says who? In as much as I don't support him, he has right over those children as long as the bride price was still running as at the time he had them all.

The dissolution of a marriage doesn't deny the father full right over his children. It only denies him right over the estranged wife.

5 Likes

Re: "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by Jogs1900: 2:16pm On Jan 03
The woman needs to tread with caution. If she divorces Yul, she may remain a single mother for life if she doesn't remarry. The problem is she will have to marry a divorcee or a widower which to me is more complex than her present condition.

2 Likes

Re: "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by Jlow2: 2:18pm On Jan 03
Once u join apc , your common sense is gone
Re: "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by plessis: 2:20pm On Jan 03
Culture is mass delusion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by troytino: 2:24pm On Jan 03
Wisdomkosi:
"Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The Children" - Wisdom Nwedene

A Nigerian journalist, Wisdom Nwedene, has cautioned Popular Nollywood Actor, Yul Edochie not to demand for refund of the bride price he paid to marry his first wife, May.

He noted that in Ebonyi State, once Family members return bride price, the children is no longer his own.

According to him, "anyone close to Yul Edochie should tell him that in Ebonyi State, once Family members return bride price, the children is no longer his own."

"And any man that comes to marry May will automatically own his children. That's the traditional in Ebonyi State and he should trend with caution except he doesn't want the children he had with may."

Recall that Yul Edochie has continued to lambast his first wife, May Edochie via his official Instagram page.

In a short statement released on Wednesday morning, Yul Edochie accused his first wife, May Edochie of refusing to return the bride price he paid on her head.

"I have asked for the return of the bride price a couple of times, you people vehemently refused.
I don't understand why."

Source : https://9newsng.com/once-bride-price-is-returned-yul-edochie-will-no-longer-own-the-children-wisdom-nwedene/

This one na quasi journalist wey no sabi aything grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by festacman(m): 2:27pm On Jan 03
The return of dowry will only effectively untie the Yul and May from marital knot and to enable May to remarry if she so wishes. It has absolutely nothing to do the transfer of the paternity of the children from the marriage.

5 Likes

Re: "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by Wisdomkosi(m): 2:28pm On Jan 03
troytino:

This one na quasi journalist wey no sabi aything grin grin

Na you sabi anything? Mumu man
Re: "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by UCyril: 2:30pm On Jan 03
Wisdomkosi:

I don't understand why."

which part of ebonyi State .lol.... Nah big lie.
Re: "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by Nicepoker(m): 2:31pm On Jan 03
Because dowry is returned the new husband automatically owns someone else's kids. grin The way some people reason eh!. And you think the kids won't trace themselves back to their root?. Even the family of the new husband won't accept those kids.

5 Likes

Re: "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by UCyril: 2:35pm On Jan 03
Jogs1900:
The woman needs to tread with caution. If she divorces Yul, she may remain a single mother for life if she doesn't remarry. The problem is she will have to marry a divorcee or a widower which to me is more complex than her present condition.
if she divorce yul, she's indirectly still part of the family because of her children.
Re: "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by poshestmina(f): 2:35pm On Jan 03
The kids will always be Yul's kids !

Wisdomkosi:

You ,the journalist mumu pass.
Except the bride price wasn't paid before and after the kids,Yul remains their father ..divorce or not.

In fact, yul,the journalist and you mumu together.
Re: "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by Acidosis(m): 2:40pm On Jan 03
Chinjo2:
That's a big fat lie.
Yul will take the family to court and lets see if Ebonyi tradition is more superior to the constitution of Nigeria.

Very funny people. Like say Ebonyi people's culture will change Yul's DNA. cheesy
Re: "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by Acidosis(m): 2:43pm On Jan 03
Nicepoker:
Because dowry is returned the new husband automatically owns someone else's kids. grin The way some people reason eh!. And you think the kids won't trace themselves back to their root?. Even the family of the new husband won't accept those kids.

grin Very funny people. I can't imagine how people make that argument after spending a significant part of their life in school.

No Magistrate or lawyer in this part of the world or anywhere else will sit down to listen to that cultural nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by Solsix(m): 2:56pm On Jan 03
This one wan put mouth for the matter
Re: "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by oglalasioux(m): 3:05pm On Jan 03
You mean Yul's chromosomes will suddenly disappear from the children?

About time some traditions are put away. This is 2024 not 1824.
Re: "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by Wisdomkosi(m): 3:23pm On Jan 03
poshestmina:
The kids will always be Yul's kids !

You ,the journalist mumu pass.
Except the bride price wasn't paid before and after the kids,Yul remains their father ..divorce or not.

In fact, yul,the journalist and you mumu together.

I can see that you reason from your Anu$. You don't have single Br@in. No reply from me again because you are shameless.
Re: "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by tydi(m): 3:44pm On Jan 03
Ebonyi people again..
I fear them.
Re: "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by Jogs1900: 3:56pm On Jan 03
UCyril:
if she divorce yul, she's indirectly still part of the family because of her children.
Exactly..If she divorces, she will be the looser
Re: "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by Jogs1900: 3:57pm On Jan 03
UCyril:
Exactly..If she divorces, I'm sure Yul will have the opportunity to marry another person legally without any form of resistance
Re: "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by Tochj(m): 4:14pm On Jan 03
Chinjo2:
That's a big fat lie.
I don't know if Ebonyi culture is different from other Igbo culture.
Returning Bridesprice only frees the woman to remarry.
Children they have together belongs to both of them.
Re: "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by Gadafii: 4:37pm On Jan 03
As long as they carry his DNA no dog shiit tradition can over ride his fatherhood to those children

By natural law, children will grow up and seek for their real father

1 Like

Re: "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by troytino: 4:40pm On Jan 03
Wisdomkosi:

Abakeleke journalist πŸ˜›
Re: "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by Wisdomkosi(m): 5:04pm On Jan 03
troytino:

Abakeleke journalist πŸ˜›

Mumu man
Re: "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by troytino: 5:11pm On Jan 03
Wisdomkosi:

Mumu man

Tell me sorry and I will delete my comments
Re: "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by Sibbb: 5:18pm On Jan 03
99 strokes and f cane to that journalist
Re: "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by dododawa1: 7:59pm On Jan 04
πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

NIGERIA constitution

Vs

Ebonyi traditional

In progress.
Re: "Once Bride Price Is Returned, Yul Edochie Will No Longer Own The CHILDREN" by hammerFC: 8:46pm On Jan 04
Chinjo2:
That's a big fat lie.

WHICH COURT?

THEY ARE IGBO, AND FOLLOW IGBO CUSTOMARY LAWS.

WHY SHOULD A REASONABLE MAN DEMAND REFUND OF BRIDE PRICE?

IF THEY REFUND IT, THE WOMAN WILL CARRY HER CHILDREN.

(1) (Reply)

My pictures / Nigezie Relaunch Party @ Rumours Night Club / Why Tonto Dikeh Must Be Stopped- OJB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.