Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,313 members, 7,836,360 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights (31279 Views)

Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live / Super Eagles Players Train Ahead Of Their Remaining World Cup Matches In Russia / Which Cheap Satellite Television Provider Will Show World Cup Matches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by GorgeousAF(f): 10:38pm On Jan 03
Tonididdyx:

To be honest I became a believrr.

Disappeared is her favorite...,I'll jokingly ask her,"come you dey find person". I used to enjoy that "underage sex setup thing"

😂😂I love everything tho but I think disappeared is my least o😂evil lives here signs of a psychopath, mother may I murder deadliest moms and dads deadliest kids murder in d heartland, blood relatives, someone I thought I knew, killer closer, who the Bleep did I get married to!, evil step moms, evil lives here the killer speaks, good cop bad cop, betrayed, grave secretssecrets, web of lies, caught in d net..
Omo e plenty😂😂
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by ViceGovernor: 10:51pm On Jan 03
popweezy:
I just dey pity the nigeria squad grin

I no wan even reason the keeper BASKET UZOHO
Show some respect to our 22yr old goalpicker 😁 who has a very bright future ahead of him

2 Likes

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by ViceGovernor: 10:58pm On Jan 03
Ayobeck:
Dey don reap us again....
January sub in the mud 😁
See setup between 1st and now many people go don renew sub

1 Like

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Ubdavis(m): 11:22pm On Jan 03
800 million dollars na beans?
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Tonididdyx: 12:11am On Jan 04
GorgeousAF:

😂😂I love everything tho but I think disappeared is my least o😂evil lives here signs of a psychopath, mother may I murder deadliest moms and dads deadliest kids murder in d heartland, blood relatives, someone I thought I knew, killer closer, who the Bleep did I get married to!, evil step moms, evil lives here the killer speaks, good cop bad cop, betrayed, grave secretssecrets, web of lies, caught in d net..
Omo e plenty😂😂

Yikes... Am officially scared of U
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by ufotunang: 12:27am On Jan 04
thatigboman:
na waoh. AFCON we used to watch those days on local NTA has become something else. Na waah
.. maybe NTA, AIT tv stations might show the afcon matches
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by MzansiCoolio: 1:04am On Jan 04
Title should be ''CAF GIVES RIGHTS TO EUROPEAN BROADCASTER'.

Africans should boycott CAF.
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by jimcaddy(m): 1:10am On Jan 04
I think the reason is because of the fees they were probably charged. But it's a good. What's my own. Super Eagles wey no dey inspiring to watch, so no need.
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by ericmor: 3:08am On Jan 04
gerrardomendes:
Giant of Africa crying over SA tv

The thing weak me
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by MasterTeeUSA: 3:31am On Jan 04
Some of the things that have evaporated the middle class in Nigeria and diverted money to the rich

1. Data and Social media...we are Twitter, instagram, YouTube, Facebook burning data to watch folks that are rich getting richer.

2. GoTV and Dish ...some are spending N25k per month equivalent of N300k a year just to watch 5 - 10 channels max on Dish

3. Sports Betting and Sports ...we spend some many valuable time watching sports especially those that bet on them...its only a little money daily. Well it adds up idiot.

4. Alcohol and Weeds ...it used to be terrible kids that smoke at all or drink...now we spend both legit and stolen money on weeds

5. Private schools ...so many of them. N300k per year from Primary 1 - 6 and JS 1 - SS3 is N300k * 12 = N3.6 million per child. By the time, you finish at tertiary, almost N5m will be spent on each child. Guess what...most are still coming out to fight for jobs with kids that went to public schools. If you attend Private tertiary, you will spend almost N10m per child from PreK to First Degree...for parents who are well prepared, the graduates will japa, have jobs waiting...and for the rest, good luck if the child didnt even make 1st or 2.1.

I wont add females to the list because that was always in vogue from the beginning of time...even though it might be worse now, but these 4 things above...check your budget and thank me later. There are other loss of income like two cars and petrol...unless you are using the cars to generate money. Very few people in their 40s can count families that had more than 1 car growing up. Some of these are what we call..."Agbana - things that take your money away" I am not saying you should not bam bam...but grow your wealth first then indulge if you must.
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Panayo: 4:29am On Jan 04
MasterTeeUSA:
Some of the things that have evaporated the middle class in Nigeria and diverted money to the rich

1. Data and Social media...we are Twitter, instagram, YouTube, Facebook burning data to watch folks that are rich getting richer.

2. GoTV and Dish ...some are spending N25k per month equivalent of N300k a year just to watch 5 - 10 channels max on Dish

3. Sports Betting and Sports ...we spend some many valuable time watching sports especially those that bet on them...its only a little money daily. Well it adds up idiot.

4. Alcohol and Weeds ...it used to be terrible kids that smoke at all or drink...now we spend both legit and stolen money on weeds

5. Private schools ...so many of them. N300k per year from Primary 1 - 6 and JS 1 - SS3 is N300k * 12 = N3.6 million per child. By the time, you finish at tertiary, almost N5m will be spent on each child. Guess what...most are still coming out to fight for jobs with kids that went to public schools. If you attend Private tertiary, you will spend almost N10m per child from PreK to First Degree...for parents who are well prepared, the graduates will japa, have jobs waiting...and for the rest, good luck if the child didnt even make 1st or 2.1.

I wont add females to the list because that was always in vogue from the beginning of time...even though it might be worse now, but these 4 things above...check your budget and thank me later. There are other loss of income like two cars and petrol...unless you are using the cars to generate money. Very few people in their 40s can count families that had more than 1 car growing up. Some of these are what we call..."Agbana - things that take your money away" I am not saying you should not bam bam...but grow your wealth first then indulge if you must.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by freemanq(m): 6:16am On Jan 04
Thank God they are too greedy
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Jagabanarmy: 6:49am On Jan 04
StormpyBee:
These South Africans, why didn't they let me know since, I no for subscrib.

DSTV have reap me!
grin grin grin
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by GorgeousAF(f): 7:21am On Jan 04
Tonididdyx:

Yikes... Am officially scared of U

😂😂did I add " The perfect murder", murder comes to town and murder in d heartland?
You shouldn't be scared😂
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Exceed15: 7:53am On Jan 04
markidoo:
Orrrr No need for January and February subscriptions.
It might even spur me to get the alternative to DSTV..

If you found an alternative kindly share abeg.. no strong competitor that's DStv keep enslaving us.
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by lhurd: 8:09am On Jan 04
Omihanifa:
SuperSport Channel will not broadcast African Cup of Nations games as DSTV failed to secure the tournament’s right to broadcast.

MultiChoice announced this in a statement on Wednesday as football lovers prepare for another edition of AFCON.

“SuperSport Channel will not broadcast the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) 2023 scheduled for January 13th to February 11th, 2024, because the channel has not secured the rights to broadcast the tournament,” said MultiChoice.

MultiChoice added, “However, AFCON 2023 games will be available through our partner broadcast stations on Free to Air (FTA) channels.”

https://gazettengr.com/supersport-wont-air-nations-cup-matches-as-dstv-fails-to-secure-afcon-2023-broadcast-rights/

I don't even know why no nigerian owned digital satellite company can come up to compete with multi choice

1 Like

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Olaasunky1: 8:24am On Jan 04
Enjoying my free to air with over 300 channels that makes sense.

1 Like

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Aluma32(m): 8:43am On Jan 04
It's high time Nigerians say good bye to DSTV. Let every Nigerian boycott patronage of this useless South African business in the country, please.
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by BeeNG3: 12:15pm On Jan 04
They shouldn't play with us o.
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Katcall: 1:41pm On Jan 04
Topshow2010:
That yeye Start times I switched over to this year supposed take advantage of this o......even d Korean epic movies I loved to watch ;this Mofo Star times has stop showing except those chinko movies and yet their subscription has increased too. angry
you like korean gals?
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Katcall: 1:48pm On Jan 04
BBIA:

Correct man.

Let me P!mp magnolia to you free of charge for this comment. grin
magnolia Sabi fúck?
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Tomorrow28: 1:49pm On Jan 04
finallybusy:
Changes nothing in my life.

Bros namy mind you talk.
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Topshow2010(m): 2:28pm On Jan 04
sslcrypt:

Chinese don't know business. They don't know Korean drama is what is been watched. They keep flooding the useless channels on startimes with their series that's kinda poor.
My aunty and cousins have bin the startimes, I guess Netflix is the best. Because they see all the Korean drama series on it.

Honestly my children convinced me to change to Startimes bcuz of d epic Korean films their friends at school enjoyed but since I subscribed, we av not seen any of such.
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Topshow2010(m): 2:30pm On Jan 04
Katcall:
you like korean gals?

What an insolence ,is everybody on Nairaland teens? sad
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Blazadenise(m): 3:45pm On Jan 04
thatigboman:
tell me more about this please. I really have to switch.

Visit wifi.com.ng there network is perfectly okay on the island "Lekki" its 12,500 monthly unlimited plan, with that you can watch anything online "Netflix,live matches if you have some app installed on your tv if you using smart tv, or probably get fire stick
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Lanre1979: 9:26pm On Jan 04
No problem, I have Startimes Decoder
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by OLamylove: 9:45pm On Jan 04
todugo:

I no longer subscribe for any cable Tv. Their are lots of FREE sports and entertainment live Tv apps to stream on mobile device which can be connected to your smart tv.
You only need 1GB data which cost 200 naira and stream for an hour.
Please Help me with the Apps, Thanks
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by WithX(m): 10:27pm On Jan 04
chukkystar:
other private Channels do Free to Air also. They get their Money from Adverts during the Broadcast. It's stated there that U can watch from their affiliate FTA stations

And would you be kind enough to educate us on the affiliate FTA stations of DSTV.

Pls (remember they say free to air) do not mention any station you can not wach on that decoder withouth you having an active subscription, i'll like to be educated.
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by chukkystar(m): 12:41pm On Jan 05
WithX:

And would you be kind enough to educate us on the affiliate FTA stations of DSTV.

Pls (remember they say free to air) do not mention any station you can not wach on that decoder withouth you having an active subscription, i'll like to be educated.
they have none. It's just a Marketing ploy they use. They didn't go for the deal cos it's not favourable to them that's all. No FTA Station currently that can give their type of quality service. They just said it so it seems like people have other options.. How DSTV has no rival in Nigeria after all this Year's still baffles me.

1 Like

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by WithX(m): 12:54pm On Jan 05
chukkystar:
they have none. It's just a Marketing ploy they use. They didn't go for the deal cos it's not favourable to them that's all. No FTA Station currently that can give their type of quality service. They just said it so it seems like people have other options.. How DSTV has no rival in Nigeria after all this Year's still baffles me.

OfCourse i am aware it just a marketing gimmicks, reason i tagged him to provide such FTA Stations which is affiliated to DSTV.

Its really unbelievable to think no investor is bold enough to give them a run for their money. Only If Hitv directors were not so self centered.

1 Like

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by todugo(m): 5:18pm On Jan 05
OLamylove:

Please Help me with the Apps, Thanks
Rapid Stream apk
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by OLamylove: 8:22pm On Jan 05
todugo:

Rapid Stream apk
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Vincent Enyeama Loses Mother To Death, Apologises For Missing Tanzania Game / Barcelona Launch £90m Transfer Bid Plus Two Players For Neymar / Jose Mourinho Leaves Manchester United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.