Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,780 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON? (27372 Views)

Wilfred Ndidi To Be Replaced By Alhassan Yusuf / Who Replaces Ndidi For Black Stars Clash? / Tweet About Nigeria Winning AFCON, World Cup, Iheanacho & Ndidi For Ballon D'or (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON? by robosky02(m): 9:23am On Jan 04
Who is Alhassan Yusuf, the midfielder replacing Ndidi for AFCON?

Everything you need to know about Alhassan Yusuf, the Kano-born midfielder, replacing the injured Wilfred Ndidi for AFCON.

Alhassan Yusuf, the talented Nigerian midfielder, has been making waves in the European football scene and is now set to replace Wilfred Ndidi in the Nigerian squad for the African Cup of Nations (AFCON). Born on July 20, 2000, in Kano, Nigeria, Yusuf's journey in football is both inspiring and remarkable.

Early Beginnings
Yusuf's football journey began at FC Hearts in Nigeria. His talent was recognized early by the Tiki Taka Development Group, a Swedish-based academy with operations in Nigeria. This academy played a pivotal role in shaping his career, providing him with the opportunity to showcase his skills in Europe at the prestigious Gothia Cup.

It was at this tournament, particularly the 2017 edition, that Yusuf's abilities shone, catching the attention of IFK Göteborg. His impressive performance in the Gothia Cup, a tournament known for featuring some of football's greatest talents like Xabi Alonso and Andrea Pirlo, led to a trial and eventually a permanent move to IFK Göteborg.

Rise to Prominence
Yusuf quickly made a name for himself at IFK Göteborg. His exceptional skills on the field earned him the Allsvenskan Young Player of the Year in 2019, a testament to his remarkable talent and hard work.

His performances were characterised by his ability to dictate games with accurate and quick passing, as well as his defensive prowess. These skills not only showcased his versatility as a midfielder but also drew comparisons to renowned players like N’Golo Kanté.

A New Chapter at Antwerp
In 2021, Yusuf's career took a significant leap when he signed with Belgian club Royal Antwerp. The transfer, valued at around €1 million, was a testament to his growing reputation in European football.

At Antwerp, Yusuf continued to impress, becoming a mainstay in the midfield and even capturing the Player of the Month award in one of the seasons. His market value soared, indicating his rising status in the football world.

A Star on the International Stage
While Yusuf has not yet been capped for the Nigerian national team, his inclusion in the provisional list for AFCON speaks volumes about his potential and the expectations placed on him. His performance in the UEFA Champions League, where he scored on his debut, further cements his status as a player of international calibre.

Looking Ahead
Alhassan Yusuf's journey from a young talent in Nigeria to a rising star in European football is a story of determination, skill, and passion. As he steps in to replace Ndidi for AFCON, all eyes will be on him to see if he can translate his club's success to the international stage.

His story is not just about football; it's about the potential of youth and the boundless opportunities that come with talent and hard work.

https://www.pulsesports.ng/football/story/who-is-alhassan-yusuf-the-midfielder-replacing-ndidi-for-afcon-2024010317342101247

11 Likes

Re: Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON? by robosky02(m): 9:36am On Jan 04
No doubt Nigeria has buddle of talented players

But my worry is that we don't have a good coach to blend them into a team

How can we be going to a big tournament with uncapped players

A player that has never played with other team mate will certainly not blend
Alhassan Yusuf, and goalkeeper Nwabili will be meeting the team for the first time in camp and next straight to AFCON?

Our midfield to me is still a suspect
No creative player.
Modern games are won and be lost in the midfield

If you cut them off our strikers are starved and finished

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON? by GanagiBitrus: 1:48pm On Jan 04
I am more interested in who is replacing Uzoho. smiley

BTW, in our history of AFCON, it seems this present squad elicits the lowest optimism, as regards our expectations &hopes going into the competition.

78 Likes

Re: Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON? by Jking20(m): 1:49pm On Jan 04
He is a northerner noore stories
Re: Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON? by Spuggie: 1:50pm On Jan 04
Bulabluuuu happenings will occur at AFCON

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON? by ogawisdom(m): 1:50pm On Jan 04
grin

Ndi football except you are earning from the game, focus less on it and find something to earn from.

USD is already 1255 today & rising more than ijebu garri while they are trying to change price of PMS.

This year will be tough for those without multiple sources of income.

Except you are being fed by someone football should be the least of your concerns.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON? by azpekuliar: 1:51pm On Jan 04
The fact that we have to ask who he is.. anyway let’s keep playing grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON? by Nairalander248: 1:51pm On Jan 04
It's definitely his time to shine...

6 Likes

Re: Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON? by DanseMacabre(m): 1:51pm On Jan 04
Mtchew.

If you like make you gather all the top eleven footballers blend them for Super Eagles. With a coach as clueless as ours at the helm of affairs, it's still amount to zilch.

This country is a dumping ground for folks who have committed heinous crimes in their past lives and are repaying for bad karma. There's nothing you can tell me to convince me otherwise.
Re: Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON? by ednut1(m): 1:51pm On Jan 04
We never seem to produce attacking midfielders

4 Likes

Re: Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON? by 3seriez(m): 1:52pm On Jan 04
Hope he doesn't disappoint. Wish them all the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON? by Oboto700(m): 1:53pm On Jan 04
My problem with this team is our coach...he doesn't look like one. I wish them all the best though and I would be rooting for naija come Saturday..

6 Likes

Re: Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON? by Akwamkpuruamu: 1:53pm On Jan 04
Beta make dem win this AFCON but I don't trust the coach

1 Like

Re: Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON? by SmartyPants(m): 1:55pm On Jan 04
robosky02:
No doubt Nigeria has buddle of talented players

But my worry is that we don't have a good coach to blend them into a team

How can we be going to a big tournament with uncapped players

A player that has never played with other team mate will certainly not blend
Alhassan Yusuf, and goalkeeper Nwabili will be meeting the team for the first time in camp and next straight to AFCON?

Our midfield to me is still a suspect
No creative player.
Modern games are won and be lost in the midfield

If you cut them off our strikers are starved and finished

The simple solution is to use a 4 3 3 that uses compact hard-working midfielders who are also technically sound, if not creative, then let the full backs and forwards provide the creativity, like Liverpool.

The thing about this formation though, is that Boniface or Iheanacho would be better options than Osimhen as the 9.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON? by abba190: 1:55pm On Jan 04
eventhough he is someone from my area he is still not comparable to ndidi. ndidi is far better than him.
super chickens will not pass the group stage this i have seen.

9 Likes

Re: Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON? by Oboto700(m): 1:55pm On Jan 04
ogawisdom:
grin

Ndi football except you are earning from the game, focus less on it and find something to earn from.

USD is already 1255 today & rising. This year will be tough for those without multiple sources of income
what are you saying? People should not enjoy themselves again because of dollar? Is everything about Ur life money? Go to the grave.. that's the richest place on Earth.. try dey enjoy yourself.. you fit work hard Make u no stay enjoy am

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON? by robosky02(m): 1:56pm On Jan 04
SmartyPants:

The simple solution is to use a 4 3 3 that uses compact hard-working midfielders who are also technically sound, if not creative, then let the full backs and forwards provide the creativity, like Liverpool.

But JP only knows 442

Jose Peseiro......aka JP
Re: Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON? by Kukutenla: 1:57pm On Jan 04
Ask me o

The only Alhassan I know is a bandit

The only Yusuf I know is a son of the former President

Who com get mind carry them two names?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON? by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:57pm On Jan 04
He is a combative midfielder,oppositions won't find him easy at all.

Go Eagles !

6 Likes

Re: Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON? by ogawisdom(m): 1:58pm On Jan 04
Oboto700:
what are you saying? People should not enjoy themselves again because of dollar? Is everything about Ur life money? Go to the grave.. that's the richest place on Earth.. try dey enjoy yourself.. you fit work hard Make u no stay enjoy am

This is not for people still enjoying mama thank ma like you. Please ignore
Re: Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON? by Sonnobax15(m): 1:58pm On Jan 04
lipsrsealed
Wahala for those of una wey dey expect any miraculous good performance from this current super eagles squad....

At least,the last time we didn't qualify to the world cup,our BP was very normal.....I wonder how many people go get HBP as from 14th because I don't see any good thing coming out from them so long we have a very big basket manning our goalpost Coupled with a very porous defense as well....

It is well indeed.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON? by iCauseTrouble: 1:58pm On Jan 04
Who e epp?
Re: Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON? by DavSagacity(m): 1:59pm On Jan 04
azpekuliar:
The fact that we have to ask who he is.. Let’s keep playing grin
When they need to complete one stupid federal character in the team.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON? by Mosba: 1:59pm On Jan 04
Northern slot completed, oya Airpeace after group stage. We no go kuku fit watch am since DSTv do dey carry the tournament

1 Like

Re: Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON? by handsomeyinka(m): 1:59pm On Jan 04
Super eagles are better off playing without a coach.

The peserio or pepsi coach no too sabi tactics.

Except a surprise happens, I see us bowing out of the tournament at quarter final.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON? by EmekaBlue(m): 2:00pm On Jan 04
Nigeria don't look good. Average players

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON? by robosky02(m): 2:00pm On Jan 04
Oboto700:
My problem with this team is our coach...he doesn't look like one. I wish them all the best though and I would be rooting for naija come Saturday..

Even Eguaveon is 10 times better than this abino

At least we saw a different playing pattern when Eguaveon took over last AFCON

But this JS na one day one headache

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON? by JayyXXX(m): 2:01pm On Jan 04
abba190:
eventhough he is someone from my area he is still not comparable to ndidi. ndidi is far better than him.
super chickens will not pass the group stage this i have seen.
You know football, mutumina

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shark FC, Other Football Players Sleep In Front Of Rivers Govt House / Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona / Photos From The Traditional Wedding Of John Ogu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.