Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels (6742 Views)

It’s Happy New Year For Nigeria As Afrexim’s $2.25bn Support Comes In Today / What To Know About The NNPC's $3billion Loan From Afrexim Bank / Nigeria, Others To Get AFREXIM Bank’s $25bn Grant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by vanitybutiwanti: 8:07am On Jan 05
iyke2frankeze:

So you actually voted him to do this?
I never voted for Tinubu, but I don't hate him like some of you on the Internet, sane thing with obi, some of you zombiess believe that one man will be president and everywhere will be flowing with milk and honey, why wasn't it like that when that man was governor?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by vanitybutiwanti: 8:17am On Jan 05
Kukutenla:

Ok so it's a good deal for Nigeria then?

And don't turn yourself to a prophet by projecting yourself or your party on others

You also need to go back and read the Op before you start making wild claying that the 9bn is to settle those who worked for him. One even wonders how many times they need to be settled.

When he appointed the largest cabinet in our history, you his followers claimed he was settling this loyal to him.

Now he's collecting loan on behalf of Nigeria using Nigerian assets and he's still settling those who worked for him.

Did Zombies not also work for him? When will they be settled for standing on his mandate?

Abi their own na just to carry water?
Pepple must make money regardless of what frustrated and bitter individuals think on the Internet.

He appointed the largest cabinet but he has old friends and business associates that he has to impact on by virtue of being the president, everybody must not make it to his cabinet. For this particular deal, he can easily reach out to his old friends to key into this deal, a relative worked directly with GEJ and I know the amount of money and concessions that went out to settle mold friends and acquaintances, its only on the Internet that Nigerians sound righteous, 9b might not necessarily be used to settle his friends but some of his friends that had the capacity to provide part of the financing would make some cool money from this deal.

Zombie or no Zombie people close to the corridor of power must make money, if yout preferred candidate had won and if you were not directly close to him, you wouldn't have made as much money as people close to the President. Just as people close to obi made a lot of money during the campaigns, immediately after the election Aisha travelled to the US and Lamidi came out to accuse obi of helping the LP chairman launder some billions made from the campaign donation, many of you are just kids that live in a bubble in your head
Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by Yankee101: 8:55am On Jan 05
Foreign loans are the way by which corrupt governments steal money for international stashing

You borrow in dollars, print naira locally to meet the obligation, cause inflation, and divert the forex into accounts in the Bahamas and cayman
Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by Kukutenla: 12:11pm On Jan 05
vanitybutiwanti:
Pepple must make money regardless of what frustrated and bitter individuals think on the Internet.

He appointed the largest cabinet but he has old friends and business associates that he has to impact on by virtue of being the president, everybody must not make it to his cabinet. For this particular deal, he can easily reach out to his old friends to key into this deal, a relative worked directly with GEJ and I know the amount of money and concessions that went out to settle mold friends and acquaintances, its only on the Internet that Nigerians sound righteous, 9b might not necessarily be used to settle his friends but some of his friends that had the capacity to provide part of the financing would make some cool money from this deal.

Zombie or no Zombie people close to the corridor of power must make money, if yout preferred candidate had won and if you were not directly close to him, you wouldn't have made as much money as people close to the President. Just as people close to obi made a lot of money during the campaigns, immediately after the election Aisha travelled to the US and Lamidi came out to accuse obi of helping the LP chairman launder some billions made from the campaign donation, many of you are just kids that live in a bubble in your head
Lol.
You know I always find it funny and wonder when APC folks suddenly realize people who call out corruption in govt are simply hateful and bitter. Like were we not in this same country with you guys in 2015 when you were so averse to corruption and any faint semblance of corruption that you were ready to bring down the roof on anyone who even attempted at rationalizing any allegation proven or unproven? It is the stuff of poetic turnarounds that you guys are now so reasonable and clear-eyed that you can spot pure business and differentiate from corrupt dealings and tendencies now that the shoe is on the other leg.

Note that it is a testament to your ignorance that a loan that is being financed by Afreximbank is now something that you think is for Tinubu and friends to share and allocate as they wish "coolly". Your claim is total bullcrap. Afreximbank is an international lender and not some Esusu. Do you know since when Afreximbank has been looking for interested parties for the loans and they couldn't get until now?

It's also funny that you're now equating campaign funds to govt funds never mind how untrue your analogy is. Are you even implying that Aisha Yesufu has never been to the US until she joined and campaigned for Labour Party? You need to cool down on your whataboutisms. They are not making any sense at all
Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by vanitybutiwanti: 12:34pm On Jan 05
Kukutenla:

Lol.
You know I always find it funny and wonder when APC folks suddenly realize people who call out corruption in govt are simply hateful and bitter. Like were we not in this same country with you guys in 2015 when you were so averse to corruption and any faint semblance of corruption that you were ready to bring down the roof on anyone who even attempted at rationalizing any allegation proven or unproven? It is the stuff of poetic turnarounds that you guys are now so reasonable and clear-eyed that you can spot pure business and differentiate from corrupt dealings and tendencies now that the shoe is on the other leg.

Note that it is a testament to your ignorance that a loan that is being financed by Afreximbank is now something that you think is for Tinubu and friends to share and allocate as they wish "coolly". Your claim is total bullcrap. Afreximbank is an international lender and not some Esusu. Do you know since when Afreximbank has been looking for interested parties for the loans and they couldn't get until now?

It's also funny that you're now equating campaign funds to govt funds never mind how untrue your analogy is. Are you even implying that Aisha Yesufu has never been to the US until she joined and campaigned for Labour Party? You need to cool down on your whataboutisms. They are not making any sense at all
loan is financed by the bank yet a company incorporated in the Bahamas is responsible for selling the crude, I'm obviously conversing with a small boy
Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by Kukutenla: 12:36pm On Jan 05
vanitybutiwanti:
He came out to defend himself because he was running for President, go and read the Pandora paper report, you guys are too quick to defend that fraud, it was stated in the report that he open that account a year after he became governor, you call APC guys zombies but you guys are the real zombies, obi was a governor in Nigeria what spectacular thing did he achieve. I never voted for Tinubu but its a smart scam, i never mentioned obi, the guy that quoted me to insult me said obi would never do it and I gave him a breakdown of some of the scam perpetuated by obi. You guys needs to get your head out of obis As$
Again you are making the same mistake. Pandora Papers was released in 2021 and even Premium times noted that it was only Obi who agreed to sit with them and air his own side of the story while others refused to. He also visited other media houses to state his own side. This was almost a year before he came out to run for President. I'm not saying he did nothing wrong but at least he was courteous enough to the Nigerian public that he chose to state his own side. Can you tell me when any of your APC politicians caught in sleazy dealings or allegation ever come out to tell Nigerians their own side? Even your party chair was caught on video stuffing dollars in his pocket. Today you all hail him as "The chair". Yet you want to have the mouth to insult Obi.
Your President personalized all the resources of Lagos. His home in Abuja was Lagos state Governor's lodge. Same with the one in Bourdillon. It belonged to the state. The TVC premises belonged to Lagos state poly etc etc. His wife was Senator for 12 years. His daughter took over as Iyaloja from his mother. His son controls advertising in Lagos. Yet it is Obi that is the big thief according to you and your kind.

I ask you again. If it is a smart scam, how come The Cable was able to uncover it so easily and how come almost everyone on this thread realizes it. Something smart is not so easily unraveled despite best attempts to keep it so.
Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by Kukutenla: 12:39pm On Jan 05
vanitybutiwanti:
loan is financed by the bank yet a company incorporated in the Bahamas is responsible for selling the crude, I'm obviously conversing with a small boy
The company is owned by who? Tinubu's friends? Seems you don't understand a lot of things.
Is the company the lender or the borrower? If it is the borrower, can you explain how it is going to profit from the 9bn interest to be paid to the lender as interest?
Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by vanitybutiwanti: 12:41pm On Jan 05
Kukutenla:

Again you are making the same mistake. Pandora Papers was released in 2021 and even Premium times noted that it was only Obi who agreed to sit with them and air his own side of the story while others refused to. He also visited other media houses to state his own side. This was almost a year before he came out to run for President. I'm not saying he did nothing wrong but at least he was courteous enough to the Nigerian public that he chose to state his own side. Can you tell me when any of your APC politicians caught in sleazy dealings or allegation ever come out to tell Nigerians their own side? Even your party chair was caught on video stuffing dollars in his pocket. Today you all hail him as "The chair". Yet you want to have the mouth to insult Obi.
Your President personalized all the resources of Lagos. His home in Abuja was Lagos state Governor's lodge. Same with the one in Bourdillon. It belonged to the state. The TVC premises belonged to Lagos state poly etc etc. His wife was Senator for 12 years. His daughter took over as Iyaloja from his mother. His son controls advertising in Lagos. Yet it is Obi that is the big thief according to you and your kind.

I ask you again. If it is a smart scam, how come The Cable was able to uncover it so easily and how come almost everyone on this thread realizes it. Something smart is not so easily unraveled despite best attempts to keep it so.
so if other politicians had come out to explain in the media, you would have absolved them of their crimes? You lied that he set up the account in the 90s and I bursted your lie yet you're coming here to write trenching. I'm not a member of any political party, obi is a politician and he was governor of a state in Nigeria, now do you live and do business I Anambra because of the superior economy of that state or you're just a double standard social media noisemaker?
Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by vanitybutiwanti: 12:42pm On Jan 05
Kukutenla:

The company is owned by who? Tinubu's friends? Seems you don't understand a lot of things.
Is the company the lender or the borrower? If it is the borrower, can you explain how it is going to profit from the 9bn interest to be paid to the lender as interest?
you know nothing, a new company was set up to sell crude in a tax haven and you think the persons in charge will not profit from this venture? Why didn't they use established crude markerters like Sahara energy?
Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by Kukutenla: 12:47pm On Jan 05
vanitybutiwanti:
so if other politicians had come out to explain in the media, you would have absolved them of their crimes? You lied that he set up the account in the 90s and I bursted your lie yet you're coming here to write trenching. I'm not a member of any political party, obi is a politician and he was governor of a state in Nigeria, now do you live and do business I Anambra because of the superior economy of that state or you're just a double standard social media noisemaker?
No. It won't absolve them but at least it shows respect for the Nigerian public. I thought you claim he did that because he was running for president.
Can you show me where I said he set up the account in the 90s, you need to calm down. Stop misreading just because you want to make dead points.
Let me understand you. Anyone who wants to support Obi must live and do business in Anambra? Do you live and do business in Lagos if I may ask?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by Kukutenla: 12:50pm On Jan 05
vanitybutiwanti:
you know nothing, a new company was set up to sell crude in a tax haven and you think the persons in charge will not profit from this venture? Why didn't they use established crude markerters like Sahara energy?
Who is the person in charge? You seem to know a lot. Kindly enlighten us.

You have been writing a lot of false things confidently about this loan matter, it's getting tiring. You first claimed Tinubu would have advertised the loan to his friends to come and have a stake in when it was Afreximbank that was financing the loan.

Now you're are claiming there's someone in charge of the new company who is expected to profit from the sale of crude. You even expect the FG to draft Sahara energy into the loan deal to help it sell the oil as if that is not exactly what NNPC does. Your ignorance is alarming on all fronts.

Kindly google orphan SPV and read up on what it means before you start saying funny things that are highly embarrasing.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by ttmax09(m): 12:56pm On Jan 05
nedekid:
Chisos! shocked
11.85% of $3.3b=$391,050,000
Ie interest per annum of $391,050,000
5 years interest=$1,955,250,000!
Omo, which country takes loans at such interest rate for goodness sake!
If by now you do not believe we have entered one chance, you need prayers!
Just even take a look at that of Ghana with cocoa @8% annual interest rate, Ghana got single digit interest rate while the purported giants of Africa is going to pay 11b dollars as interest. I think it's time I stop reading news concerning Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by vanitybutiwanti: 12:59pm On Jan 05
Kukutenla:

No. It won't absolve them but at least it shows respect for the Nigerian public. I thought you claim he did that because he was running for president.
Can you show me where I said he set up the account in the 90s, you need to calm down. Stop misreading just because you want to make dead points.
Let me understand you. Anyone who wants to support Obi must live and do business in Anambra? Do you live and do business in Lagos if I may ask?
This is the post where you claimed obi set up Pandora accounts in the 80s meanwhile it was stated in the report that he set up the account a year after he became governor, you come on the Internet to lie and support another thieving Nigerian politician because you're sympathetic to his cause. Obi did nothing as governor if not Nigerians will be trooping enough mass to Anambra for economic opportunities, I live in Rivers but I go to lagos occasionally for business, nobody goes to Anambra, a state your lord and saviour governed for 8 years except igbos and few persons from other parts of Nigeria, all of a sudden as long as crooked politicians come out to explain allegations against them, they should be given a clean bill
Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by vanitybutiwanti: 1:04pm On Jan 05
Kukutenla:

Who is the person in charge? You seem to know a lot. Kindly enlighten us.

You have been writing a lot of false things confidently about this loan matter, it's getting tiring. You first claimed Tinubu would have advertised the loan to his friends to come and have a stake in when it was Afreximbank that was financing the loan.

Now you're are claiming there's someone in charge of the new company who is expected to profit from the sale of crude. You even expect the FG to draft Sahara energy into the loan deal to help it sell the oil as if that is not exactly what NNPC does. Your ignorance is alarming on all fronts.

Kindly google orphan SPV and read up on what it means before you start saying funny things that are highly embarrasing.
you know nothing about loan financing, Afreximbank can set uonthe financing in form of a bond or a commercial paper, then eligible individuals will key in by buying out lot sizes. Sahara energy markets crude, if the nnpc was truly incharge, why was a new company set up in the Bahamas to sell 90kbpd? In my post I opined that the opportunities are boundless, people will make money from the in-house advertisement for the loan procurement and the new company set up in the Bahamas, you're the person who is truly ignorant and clueless
Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by Kukutenla: 1:18pm On Jan 05
vanitybutiwanti:
This is the post where you claimed obi set up Pandora accounts in the 80s meanwhile it was stated in the report that he set up the account a year after he became governor, you come on the Internet to lie and support another thieving Nigerian politician because you're sympathetic to his cause. Obi did nothing as governor if not Nigerians will be trooping enough mass to Anambra for economic opportunities, I live in Rivers but I go to lagos occasionally for business, nobody goes to Anambra, a state your lord and saviour governed for 8 years except igbos and few persons from other parts of Nigeria, all of a sudden as long as crooked politicians come out to explain allegations against them, they should be given a clean bill
You didn't quote the post. Kindly quote it. I'm waiting.
Are you implying that if Obi did wonderful in Anambra, Nigerians will be trooping there for economic opportunities? For someone who has been posturing as a realist I find that laughable. Let us put that to test. Yaradua was reputed to have done very well in Katsina. Can you show me people trooping there? Akpabio for all his infractions was known to have performed well in Akwa Ibom. Can you tell me how many people have migrated there on account of that. What about Wike your god. Are you implying a failure since people are not trooping to Rivers?
Lagos has been the commercial nerve centre of Nigeria before independence. It is not because of performance or non-performance of anyone since 1999. As a matter of fact, it is the allure of Lagos that has hekped the governors in generating humongous internal revenue that others can only dream of.
Again, you are misinterpreting me. To you political hacks, respect for public opinion and accountability means nothing. That's why you think a politician has no business explaining himself to the public who votes him into office. You are the guys creating the monsters we have in public office
Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by Kukutenla: 1:25pm On Jan 05
vanitybutiwanti:
you know nothing about loan financing, Afreximbank can set uonthe financing in form of a bond or a commercial paper, then eligible individuals will key in by buying out lot sizes. Sahara energy markets crude, if the nnpc was truly incharge, why was a new company set up in the Bahamas to sell 90kbpd? In my post I opined that the opportunities are boundless, people will make money from the in-house advertisement for the loan procurement and the new company set up in the Bahamas, you're the person who is truly ignorant and clueless
You should have read the Op where it is detailed how the deal was consummated before jumping in to make unfounded claims. You are simply a corrupt dude who feeds off the corruption of others such that you think sleaze must exist in every deal.

While sleaze may exist in the NNPC side, I can assure you such is not possible in the Afreximbank because, it is not a Nigerian bank. Go and read up on Afreximbank before you type the next nonsense.

You have turned Afreximbank to Esusu that will be looking for Alhajis to bring hard currency to enable it facilitate loans. That's crude and laughable. Read the Op to see how the loan was financed and let me add it was public knowledge that Afreximbank approached three Western lenders who all declined due to Nigeria's bad public debt ratings before settling for this model. So your claim of Tinubu adveritisng the loans to his friends and cronies to have a bit of is as unreasonable as it is unrealistic. Tinubu cannot turn stockbroker for Afreximbank! Where did you even get that idea from?

Again, google "orphan SPV so you can have an idea why the company set up was done. Stop thinking everything in life is chop I chop.
Funny you can call me ignorant and clueless. I take that as a compliment coming from you
Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by vanitybutiwanti: 1:27pm On Jan 05
Kukutenla:

You didn't quote the post. Kindly quote it. I'm waiting.
Are you implying that if Obi did wonderful in Anambra, Nigerians will be trooping there for economic opportunities? For someone who has been posturing as a realist I find that laughable. Let us put that to test. Yaradua was reputed to have done very well in Katsina. Can you show me people trooping there? Akpabio for all his infractions was known to have performed well in Akwa Ibom. Can you tell me how many people have migrated there on account of that. What about Wike your god. Are you implying a failure since people are not trooping to Rivers?
Lagos has been the commercial nerve centre of Nigeria before independence. It is not because of performance or non-performance of anyone since 1999. As a matter of fact, it is the allure of Lagos that has hekped the governors in generating humongous internal revenue that others can only dream of.
Again, you are misinterpreting me. To you political hacks, respect for public opinion and accountability means nothing. That's why you think a politician has no business explaining himself to the public who votes him into office. You are the guys creating the monsters we have in public office
obi and yaradua did nothing as governors, come down to Rivers state, businesses are springing up everyday. During wikes tenure, the IGR shot up from 4b to 12b monthly and now its over 15b, obi was only able to increase igr marginally from 7b to 8b, because of the blind hatred for wike, you guys do not give him his flowers, when a governor creates an enabling environment, business and companies are set up, people are employed and taxes are paid, your lord and saviour obi did nothing in that regard, his tenure was just vibes and insha Allah.

I just uploaded picture of a post you made defending your god and claiming Pandora account was set up in the 80s

Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by vanitybutiwanti: 1:31pm On Jan 05
Kukutenla:

You should have read the Op where it is detailed how the deal was consummated before jumping in to make unfounded claims. You are simply a corrupt dude who feeds off the corruption of others such that you think sleaze must exist in every deal.

While sleaze may exist in the NNPC side, I can assure you such is not possible in the Afreximbank because, it is not a Nigerian bank. Go and read up on Afreximbank before you type the next nonsense.

You have turned Afreximbank to Esusu that will be looking for Alhajis to bring hard currency to enable it facilitate loans. That's crude and laughable. Read the Op to see how the loan was financed and let me add it was public knowledge that Afreximbank approached three Western lenders who all declined due to Nigeria's bad public debt ratings before settling for this model. So your claim of Tinubu adveritisng the loans to his friends and cronies to have a bit of is as unreasonable as it is unrealistic. Tinubu cannot turn stockbroker for Afreximbank! Where did you even get that idea from?

Again, google "orphan SPV so you can have an idea why the company set up was done. Stop thinking everything in life is chop I chop.
Funny you can call me ignorant and clueless. I take that as a compliment coming from you
Afreximbank can advertise the loan offering in-house and some eligible Nigerians can be co opted to seize the opportunity, its common sense. Why did they have to set up an emergency spv through the backdoor if some powers that be were not going to make money? $9b worth of crude will be supplied for a $3.3b loan and you're beating your chest to talk about things you know nothing about ignorant man
Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by Kukutenla: 2:45pm On Jan 05
vanitybutiwanti:
obi and yaradua did nothing as governors, come down to Rivers state, businesses are springing up everyday. During wikes tenure, the IGR shot up from 4b to 12b monthly and now its over 15b, obi was only able to increase igr marginally from 7b to 8b, because of the blind hatred for wike, you guys do not give him his flowers, when a governor creates an enabling environment, business and companies are set up, people are employed and taxes are paid, your lord and saviour obi did nothing in that regard, his tenure was just vibes and insha Allah.

I just uploaded picture of a post you made defending your god and claiming Pandora account was set up in the 80s
Yaradua did nothing as governor? cheesy cheesy Ok o
Businesses springing up everyday is not the subject of conversation here. If it is about bsiness, you need to know that Innoson started under Obi in 2006 and is today a reputable company. I challenge you to mention one reputable company that started off under Wike. Your claim is that people are not migrating to Anambra because Obi did not do well. So show me people migrating to Rivers. It is a sign of economic illiteracy to use IGR as a measure of performance. IGR simply means more taxation. So in fact, people will appreciated a governor who taxes them less than one who taxes them more. But you APC ignoramuses have made IGR a sign of performance in office even when the IGR cannot be accounted for. Tax rebates and tax holidays exist.

Lastly, it seems you don't understand English I said and it is clear from your pic that "he claimed he had been opening SUCH accounts since the 80s". Can you explain how that means he opened pandora accounts in the 80s? I fear for you o
Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by Kukutenla: 2:52pm On Jan 05
vanitybutiwanti:
Afreximbank can advertise the loan offering in-house and some eligible Nigerians can be co opted to seize the opportunity, its common sense. Why did they have to set up an emergency spv through the backdoor if some powers that be were not going to make money? $9b worth of crude will be supplied for a $3.3b loan and you're beating your chest to talk about things you know nothing about ignorant man
Afreximbank can? So you're not even sure of what they did but you are sure Tinubu helped them advertise their loan offerings to his friends so they can benefit $9bn? Are you really listening to yourself?
I have asked you who set up the ORPHAN SPV and what it is meant for. Stop spewing ignorance abeg. I find it funny it looks as if I'm defending Tinubu's govt here. That's what your ignorance is causing me. Oga google ORPHAN SPV and stop advertising your ignorance. Also read up on futures contract. The loan is not good for Nigeria but for anyone to think it's a ploy to enrich some friends is the dumbest thing I've read this new year.
An average Joe will even know if it is a ploy to enrich friends, domestic borrowing will be a better alternative than going to an international lender like Afreximbank. Your ignorance is nauseating while amusing.
For the umpteenth time, google ORPHAN SPV before you start spewing jargons.
Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by vanitybutiwanti: 3:00pm On Jan 05
Kukutenla:

Yaradua did nothing as governor? cheesy cheesy Ok o
Businesses springing up everyday is not the subject of conversation here. If it is about bsiness, you need to know that Innoson started under Obi in 2006 and is today a reputable company. I challenge you to mention one reputable company that started off under Wike. Your claim is that people are not migrating to Anambra because Obi did not do well. So show me people migrating to Rivers. It is a sign of economic illiteracy to use IGR as a measure of performance. IGR simply means more taxation. So in fact, people will appreciated a governor who taxes them less than one who taxes them more. But you APC ignoramuses have made IGR a sign of performance in office even when the IGR cannot be accounted for. Tax rebates and tax holidays exist.

Lastly, it seems you don't understand English I said and it is clear from your pic that "he claimed he had been opening SUCH accounts since the 80s". Can you explain how that means he opened pandora accounts in the 80s? I fear for you o
you're just too ignorant, if not for sentiments and the need for Nigerians to rally behind individuals that sound sanctimonious on TV, what actually did yaradua achieve? Numerous companies moved to Rivers during eikes tenure, companies like Granville LNG, market Square, hyper city, different franchise set up shop in Rivers, multiple SMEs sprang up, even the obi that you worship said when citizens gets job, the government makes more money, if there are no companies and employment, will tax increase astronomically from 4b to 15b? Why are the companies not folding up to set up in other low tax states like Anambra? Same Anambra that soludo is struggling to generate 4b monthly, he is holds meetings perennially to beg his igbo brothers to set up companies in his state, when the metric are not in your support , you guys turn logic on its head. Obi did absolutely nothing in Abambra, in all business indices in Nigeria from airlines to number of registered companies, after lagos, Abuja, the next state on the list is Rivers. All of a sudden igr is not a measure of economic growth because your Lord and saviour failed in that regard
Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by vanitybutiwanti: 3:10pm On Jan 05
Kukutenla:

Afreximbank can? So you're not even sure of what they did but you are sure Tinubu helped them advertise their loan offerings to his friends so they can benefit $9bn? Are you really listening to yourself?
I have asked you who set up the ORPHAN SPV and what it is meant for. Stop spewing ignorance abeg. I find it funny it looks as if I'm defending Tinubu's govt here. That's what your ignorance is causing me. Oga google ORPHAN SPV and stop advertising your ignorance. Also read up on futures contract. The loan is not good for Nigeria but for anyone to think it's a ploy to enrich some friends is the dumbest thing I've read this new year.
An average Joe will even know if it is a ploy to enrich friends, domestic borrowing will be a better alternative than going to an international lender like Afreximbank. Your ignorance is nauseating while amusing.
For the umpteenth time, google ORPHAN SPV before you start spewing jargons.
what is so special about an spv? Same special purpose vehicle that Atiku, obi, safari, Tinubu, ivories and a so many politicians in Nigeria set up to fleece the Nigerian state? I DONT know who sent up the spv but people will clearly make money, international organisations give loan out at single digits yet Afreximbank is making 11% on this loan notwithstanding that the crude to be supplied and sold by that spv is $9b for a $3.3b loan?
Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by Kukutenla: 3:26pm On Jan 05
vanitybutiwanti:
what is so special about an spv? Same special purpose vehicle that Atiku, obi, safari, Tinubu, ivories and a so many politicians in Nigeria set up to fleece the Nigerian state? I DONT know who sent up the spv but people will clearly make money, international organisations give loan out at single digits yet Afreximbank is making 11% on this loan notwithstanding that the crude to be supplied and sold by that spv is $9b for a $3.3b loan?

Oga, are you so poor at learning? The SPV is no ordinary SPV. It is called orphan SPV in financial engineering. Kindly google the term. Na wa o.
You are just spewing ignorance. So in your mind now, someone owns the SPV that NNPC is using to obtain and pay back loan from Afreximbank. grin grin
Are you by any chance implying that Afreximbank is not an international lender because it gave out the loan at 11%. This dude is a comedian. Are you not aware of how risk averse international donors are to Nigeria? Oga just rest. You don't even understand anything.

Ok. Maybe you're saying Tinubu left IMF and WB and went to Afreximbank so he can enrich his friends grin grin
This dude is real funny
Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by vanitybutiwanti: 3:31pm On Jan 05
Kukutenla:

Oga, are you so poor at learning? The SPV is no ordinary SPV. It is called orphan SPV in financial engineering. Kindly google the term. Na wa o.
You are just spewing ignorance. So in your mind now, someone owns the SPV that NNPC is using to obtain and pay back loan from Afreximbank. grin grin
Are you by any chance implying that Afreximbank is not an international lender because it gave out the loan at 11%. This dude is a comedian. Are you not aware of how risk averse international donors are to Nigeria? Oga just rest. You don't even understand anything.

Ok. Maybe you're saying Tinubu left IMF and WB and went to Afreximbank so he can enrich his friends grin grin
This dude is real funny
There is nothing special about spvs, high profile politicians in Nigeria all have spvs and it was created for sinister purpose, what risk when 90kbpd has been pledged to offset the loan? The interests rate is high, ordinary Ghana got 8% for cocoa backed loan, is Ghana economy stronger than Nigerian Economy? You know nothing and you're too proud to admit your ignorance
Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by Kukutenla: 3:51pm On Jan 05
vanitybutiwanti:
you're just too ignorant, if not for sentiments and the need for Nigerians to rally behind individuals that sound sanctimonious on TV, what actually did yaradua achieve? Numerous companies moved to Rivers during eikes tenure, companies like Granville LNG, market Square, hyper city, different franchise set up shop in Rivers, multiple SMEs sprang up, even the obi that you worship said when citizens gets job, the government makes more money, if there are no companies and employment, will tax increase astronomically from 4b to 15b? Why are the companies not folding up to set up in other low tax states like Anambra? Same Anambra that soludo is struggling to generate 4b monthly, he is holds meetings perennially to beg his igbo brothers to set up companies in his state, when the metric are not in your support , you guys turn logic on its head. Obi did absolutely nothing in Abambra, in all business indices in Nigeria from airlines to number of registered companies, after lagos, Abuja, the next state on the list is Rivers. All of a sudden igr is not a measure of economic growth because your Lord and saviour failed in that regard
You know, it's funny that Wike was televising the building or roads such that he was dancing at being christened Mr Projects. I can tell you Wike built trash when it came to roads compared to Yaradua. Yaradua built roads in every LG of Katsina state. And those roads are still there till today. Secondly, Yaradua was responsible for bringing water supply to Katsina city. Is there water in PH? For eight years Wike spent as governor can you explain why he could not get water supply running in PH like Yaradua did in Katsina. Yet you dare compare the garrulous Wike with Yaradua? That's the height of zombeism.
Which one is Granville LNG? Are you talking of Greenville LNG that has headquarters in Abuja or something else? How is that due to Wike? Greenville entered Rivers in 2015 before Wike took office! This is just like praising state govs for ShopRite being in almost all the states grin grin grin The others are mushroom unknown companies. None of them can measure up to Innoson or Annamco so I guess it is safe to say Obi is better than your Wike since you could only mention subsidiaries and mushroom companies.
Again, IGR is a measure of taxation not development. Even taxing market women and motor parks can improve IGR.
All the indices favour Rivers and have favoured it before Wike became governor. Wike did not improve Rivers. He was only looting and forming boss which is why when Fubara took away the feeding bottle from his mouth he started wailing. Now he is doing boy boy for Tinubu up and down singing On your mandate and opening doors to Gbaja's office like a gateman grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by Kukutenla: 3:57pm On Jan 05
vanitybutiwanti:
There is nothing special about spvs, high profile politicians in Nigeria all have spvs and it was created for sinister purpose, what risk when 90kbpd has been pledged to offset the loan? The interests rate is high, ordinary Ghana got 8% for cocoa backed loan, is Ghana economy stronger than Nigerian Economy? You know nothing and you're too proud to admit your ignorance

Keep quiet. Orphan SPV is different from SPVs owned by individuals that you are referring to. You are only here spewing ignorant shite. It was created like an escrow to ensure the proceed of the oil sales is not taxed and is not claimable by the Nigerian Federation. It is like a buffer against any litigation or encumbrance of the law against NNPC operations. I have to spell it out to you because you did not know and you did not bother to find out. Your head has been fried by Festus Keyamo propaganda to believe anything SPV is corruption. Chai!! What a pity grin grin

Loan is not given on the back of how strong your economy is but on the back of your existing loans, your ability to meet up obligations and your credit ratings by international agencies. You are very ignorant and very confident in it. Like i told you, a lot of international lenders declined participating in the deal which shows how credit unworthy Nigeria is.
Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by iyke2frankeze: 4:15pm On Jan 05
vanitybutiwanti:
I never voted for Tinubu, but I don't hate him like some of you on the Internet, sane thing with obi, some of you zombiess believe that one man will be president and everywhere will be flowing with milk and honey, why wasn't it like that when that man was governor?
Read your comment again and stop saying rubbish.
Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by vanitybutiwanti: 4:16pm On Jan 05
Kukutenla:

You know, it's funny that Wike was televising the building or roads such that he was dancing at being christened Mr Projects. I can tell you Wike built trash when it came to roads compared to Yaradua. Yaradua built roads in every LG of Katsina state. And those roads are still there till today. Secondly, Yaradua was responsible for bringing water supply to Katsina city. Is there water in PH? For eight years Wike spent as governor can you explain why he could not get water supply running in PH like Yaradua did in Katsina. Yet you dare compare the garrulous Wike with Yaradua? That's the height of zombeism.
Which one is Granville LNG? Are you talking of Greenville LNG that has headquarters in Abuja or something else? How is that due to Wike? Greenville entered Rivers in 2015 before Wike took office! This is just like praising state govs for ShopRite being in almost all the states grin grin grin The others are mushroom unknown companies. None of them can measure up to Innoson or Annamco so I guess it is safe to say Obi is better than your Wike since you could only mention subsidiaries and mushroom companies.
Again, IGR is a measure of taxation not development. Even taxing market women and motor parks can improve IGR.
All the indices favour Rivers and have favoured it before Wike became governor. Wike did not improve Rivers. He was only looting and forming boss which is why when Fubara took away the feeding bottle from his mouth he started wailing. Now he is doing boy boy for Tinubu up and down singing On your mandate and opening doors to Gbaja's office like a gateman grin grin grin
In terms of road construction, it's only a fhool that will compare Rivers to katsina, you so ignorant, if I ask you to post proof of the numerous roads, youll start stuttering, you think igr is collated by taxing market women? You're a very big clown and you do not know how and where states get the bulk of its ogr from, state government generates igr from PAYE, dividends, and land use charge, you know nothing. If there are no companies and employed individuals there won't be igr, its only illiterates that thinks market women are responsible for the increase in igr in Rivers state, if state government is depending on chicken change from market women, how would the functional LGAs in Rivers state get fund for its activities? All indices favour River yet Rivers igr which is a measure of PAYE(employed individuals) was a measly 4b before he become governor? You need to do a research on how state generates its igr, why is Anambra not generating 15b from its market women? You guys just beat your chest to talk about things you know nothing because the metrics are not in your favour? If not for the blind hatred for wike, you can't compare both in terms of governance
Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by vanitybutiwanti: 4:24pm On Jan 05
Kukutenla:

Keep quiet. Orphan SPV is different from SPVs owned by individuals that you are referring to. You are only here spewing ignorant shite. It was created like an escrow to ensure the proceed of the oil sales is not taxed and is not claimable by the Nigerian Federation. It is like a buffer against any litigation or encumbrance of the law against NNPC operations. I have to spell it out to you because you did not know and you did not bother to find out. Your head has been fried by Festus Keyamo propaganda to believe anything SPV is corruption. Chai!! What a pity grin grin

Loan is not given on the back of how strong your economy is but on the back of your existing loans, your ability to meet up obligations and your credit ratings by international agencies. You are very ignorant and very confident in it. Like i told you, a lot of international lenders declined participating in the deal which shows how credit unworthy Nigeria is.
spv is spv regardless on the nomenclature and the individuals involved, how do you explain that they will be getting $9b worth of crude to service a $3b loan. Ghana did not meet up to its eurobond obligation yet it got 8%, Nigeria has never renaged on international bond payment, last year BAT approve $500m to service those loans, because of your blind hatred and wilful ignorance, you think Ghana economy is stronger than our economy? Same Ghana that went bankrupt last year, as bad as our economy is, we have never defaulted on loan payments. Wean yourself off your ignorance and stop talking about things you know nothing about. A man that thinks market women are responsible for high igr? Is that not laughable? Why not do a search on how states and FG generates its tax
Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by Kukutenla: 4:29pm On Jan 05
vanitybutiwanti:
In terms of road construction, it's only a fhool that will compare Rivers to katsina, you so ignorant, if I ask you to post proof of the numerous roads, youll start stuttering, you think igr is collated by taxing market women? You're a very big clown and you do not know how and where states get the bulk of its ogr from, state government generates igr from PAYE, dividends, and land use charge, you know nothing. If there are no companies and employed individuals there won't be igr, its only illiterates that thinks market women are responsible for the increase in igr in Rivers state, if state government is depending on chicken change from market women, how would the functional LGAs in Rivers state get fund for its activities? All indices favour River yet Rivers igr which is a measure of PAYE(employed individuals) was a measly 4b before he become governor? You need to do a research on how state generates its igr, why is Anambra not generating 15b from its market women? You guys just beat your chest to talk about things you know nothing because the metrics are not in your favour? If not for the blind hatred for wike, you can't compare both in terms of governance
You are an ignoramus. Have you been to Katsina before? Ask anyone who has been there. Wike cannot match Yaradua in terms of roads. Did Wike build roads in all of Rivers LGs? Answer na. Why don't you tell us about water supply too? You can confirm what I'm telling you from anyone familiar with Katsina. Katsina city has pipe water today because of Yaradua. Why couldn't Wike do same in PH with all the humongous IGR.
So with your explanation, it means workers and property owners in Rivers are over-taxed compared to workers and property owners in Anambra. Yet they can't get pipe borne water. The money is being looted to sponsor presidential bids of failures who just fritter the money away and start wailing after
Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by vanitybutiwanti: 4:41pm On Jan 05
Kukutenla:

You are an ignoramus. Have you been to Katsina before? Ask anyone who has been there. Wike cannot match Yaradua in terms of roads. Did Wike build roads in all of Rivers LGs? Answer na. Why don't you tell us about water supply too? You can confirm what I'm telling you from anyone familiar with Katsina. Katsina city has pipe water today because of Yaradua. Why couldn't Wike do same in PH with all the humongous IGR.
So with your explanation, it means workers and property owners in Rivers are over-taxed compared to workers and property owners in Anambra. Yet they can't get pipe borne water. The money is being looted to sponsor presidential bids of failures who just fritter the money away and start wailing after
wike built roads in all LGAs, he commissioned all too and there are evidences, you know nothing about wike other than the hatred being peddled on social media. The Rivers State Government and the world Bank funded the water project currently ongoing in Rivers and that project is nearing completion, you guys on social media just open your mouth to talk about things you do not know, houses are not taxed in Rivers, you're only asked to pay when you go to apply for cof o or when you're about to embark on a building project, I don't even know why I'm conversing with a man that thinks the igr shot up because of market women, you're just another empty Nigerian critic on the Internet that knows nothing
Re: Nigeria To Pay 11.85% Interest On $3.3bn Afrexim-nnpc Loan, Pledges 164m Barrels by Kukutenla: 4:52pm On Jan 05
vanitybutiwanti:
wike built roads in all LGAs, he commissioned all too and there are evidences, you know nothing about wike other than the hatred being peddled on social media. The Rivers State Government and the world Bank funded the water project currently ongoing in Rivers and that project is nearing completion, you guys on social media just open your mouth to talk about things you do not know, houses are not taxed in Rivers, you're only asked to pay when you go to apply for cof o or when you're about to embark on a building project, I don't even know why I'm conversing with a man that thinks the igr shot up because of market women, you're just another empty Nigerian critic on the Internet that knows nothing
You are big fat liar. Wike did not do roads in all LGs of Rivers state. I remember an LG chairman asking him for roads last year and he went ballistic as usual. Why didn't he complete the Ring road? Stop lying abeg
But there is no water. So Rest. What was Wike doing for eight years.

Oh, houses are no longer taxed in Rivers? I thought you said Land Use charge is one of the means of generating IGR. You talk too much you don't even remember what you said last. You just can't stay in one place, Wike boy grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Need Your Advice On Binary Options Trading / With 20k Or Less, You Can Start a Jewelry Business / What's d Best And Profitable Businesses To Start In 2013, Earn Income In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.