Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,181 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Should Dna Test Be Done On Your Child Or Not ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Dna Test Be Done On Your Child Or Not ? (133 Views)

Which Is Easier To Raise, Male Child Or Female Child? / Man Finds Out His 3-Year-Old Daughter Is Not His After A Secret DNA Test / Chinese Man Finds Out His Twin Babies Have Two Different Fathers After DNA Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Dna Test Be Done On Your Child Or Not ? by Wisegeek01(m): 7:04pm On Jan 04
I know you guys might have left this issue in 2023, but its still important its addressed

Should dna test be done on your child or not ?

My take is Yes ..
it should be done, but .. immidiately after birth at the hospital ..
Calm down let me explain with a story ..

.. ( this is actually a true life story, you might have seen it in the papers )

A couple were once hoping for a child, eventually God blessed them with a baby boy, but unknown to them, they actually had twins( boy and girl), but the doctor and nurse at the hospital had already conived to sell the other baby(girl) to another couple, so the couple never knew, right from when she was coming for checkups till when they had the baby, they were told its just a baby boy, so they believed so, now 22 years later, as God may have it, these two kids were connected back together ..

how ? Let me explain

It so happens that the woman ( boys mother) runs a tailoring school, and coincidentally the girl (other twin) enrolled in the school, and each time she steps out to maybe ease herself, people always talk about the striking resemblance she has with the owner of the school, it got to the women's ear, and people kept asking the woman are you sure shes not your kid, she said no that she only gave birth to a boy,

To cut the long story short ..

The girl ( twin ) had an issue that she had to take excuse and go to the hospital, but they needed the woman to sign and give permission, the woman sent back a message through her supervisor to ask what the issue was, she said it was eye problem, this struck a chord in her mind, that she had to ask to see her personally, the girl was invited to her office,

Now the truth of the matter was that her own son also had that issue, so she wanted to confirm when her's started, and it was exactly the same time of her son's, and she confirmed the issue comes and goes, she told her that she will take her to the hospital herself, and also sent a message to her parents to meet up at the hospital
Her plan was to run a dna test

Believe me her worst fears were confirmed, its her daughter
Now how the two families resolved this i have no further information about

Now back to my point

1st of all as a man, not all kids that you confirm are not yours, were actually as a result of the woman sleeping outside ( tho it happens)
but doctors and nurses switch kids at birth too
Just know that

The big issue now is that once you are out of the hospital the whole blame is on the lady for sleeping outside as it might just be a child of a different couple. ( it could be either of the two but you dont know for sure )

Now if actually the lady didnt sleep outside, imagine how confusing it will be to her, with tears in her eyes, and trying to convince everybody that she dosent know what happened, and all the pressure from the whole family that shes a wh0re, of course no one will beleive anything, no one will even think that maybe the baby was switched

Now my take is ..
Do the dna test immediately the child is born, because we cant trust these guys anymore ( Docs/ Nurses), infact monitor and confirm your baby with another hospital

Now if you also find out that the woman slept outside .. its now left to you to decide on time what your next point of action will be .. not after 30years of marriage

It's going to be more complicated, after 2 to 3 kids, and you are asking if you should or not do the test .. i cant answer that one

Like i said .. once you are out of the hospital with the baby, you cant say for sure what the truth is anymore

You guys just follow up, give me your feedback, negative or positive, i need it to get better, at this point i drop my pen,
my brain wan burst ..

----------------
Image created with ( BingArt )
If you will like to learn this or any other Tech skill ( Transition to tech ) --- let me know
-----------------

I am Wisegeek
a Serious Tech Guy in real life😎
---
i give you my honest perspective on every topic or trend
i dont do gender bias stuff
i say it as it is no sugarcoating
And i am very sarcastic too 🙂

Re: Should Dna Test Be Done On Your Child Or Not ? by Mhizzard(m): 7:19pm On Jan 04
Those heartless doctor and nurse have turn many happy home to otherwise just because of their evil action.
Re: Should Dna Test Be Done On Your Child Or Not ? by Sonnobax15(m): 7:22pm On Jan 04
lipsrsealed
Make DNA test dey cheap,and watch how many couples go turn am to a MUST-DO something.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Dna Test Be Done On Your Child Or Not ? by Tohsynetita1: 7:30pm On Jan 04
for clear understanding, do paternity and maternity test.
Re: Should Dna Test Be Done On Your Child Or Not ? by Oizee(f): 7:30am On Jan 05
If it's affordable like malaria test why not?

(1) (Reply)

Crown Of Pot; Watch The Moment A Beautiful Lil Angel Crown Herself With A POT! / Original Quality Luminous All Kind Of Inverter Batteries For Sale / Abia CP, Onwuemelie Eulogises Late CSP Njoku As He Goes Home Amidst Tears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.