Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,737 members, 7,851,537 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:56 PM

Before You Spend Four Years Studying A Course At A University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Before You Spend Four Years Studying A Course At A University (184 Views)

After 5 Years Studying Agricultural Economics, I OFFICIALLY Signed Out Today!! / Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University / If Your Class Is Full Of Pretty Girls,just Know You're Studying A Useless Course (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Before You Spend Four Years Studying A Course At A University by love201(m): 7:47pm On Jan 04
Before you spend four years studying a course at a university, do a Cost Benefit Analysis. Take a course like philosophy. If you study philosophy for four years and you graduate, of what benefit are you to yourself and society? With Google, anyone can understand any aspect of philosophy in ten minutes or less. Then you start saying, 'I don't have a job four years after graduating. The government is useless.' No. It is not the government that is useless. You, right now, I challenge you to name five places you can work and add value with your philosophy, sociology, library science, and other such liberal chewing gum degrees.

Be realistic. Spend half the cost and time to learn nursing, SEO optimising, web designing, coding, programming, machine learning, cloud computing, blockchain, and AI skills. That is a more successful outcome against money spent. Don't study a course that lost relevance in the eighties and then blame the government. Blame yourself. AI, robots and automation are rendering even valuable degrees like accounting, HR management and creative writing close to obsolete, and you are still applying to study sociology to become one out of fifty thousand sociology graduates chasing non-existing jobs.

Fact-check me. Fortune 500 companies in the US are dropping degree requirements in place of skills. Please study a course that is up to tomorrow, not one that belongs in a museum.
Re: Before You Spend Four Years Studying A Course At A University by LordIsaac(m): 8:08pm On Jan 04
You actually do not know what you are saying. Your submission is only conditioned by the understanding of your environment which I must confess, is pitiable! You need education about the relevance of different disciplines to society.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help, What Should I Do? / Experience Unleashed - Betsul, The Game-changing Destination For Sports / Real Time Project Based Informatica Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.