Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,712 members, 7,820,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him (43481 Views)

I Can't Put This In My House- Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad Frame( Video) / Angry Youths REJECTS Mohbad Corpse To Be Buried In Ikorodu Cemetery / Davido Removed His $40k Diamond Neck Chain And Gifted To Zlatan At An Event (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him by pheelbert: 11:16am On Jan 05
Nigeria’s music industry witnessed a poignant moment as Bella Shmurda, a renowned artist, declined a portrait of himself and his late friend, Mohbad, during a live performance. The incident, captured in a viral video, has sparked a wave of reactions across social media platforms.

During the performance, an audience member presented Bella Shmurda with a portrait featuring him and the deceased singer, Mohbad. In a candid declaration, Bella Shmurda expressed his refusal to accept the gift, citing an inability to display it in his home. Speaking in Yoruba, he stated, “You that brought this picture will be the same person to take it back because I can’t put this in my house, but I will give you money.”

The rejection of the portrait has further intensified the outpouring of emotions following Mohbad’s untimely demise. Mohbad, who was formerly signed to the Marlian Record label, passed away on September 12, 2023, under controversial circumstances at the age of 27.

This incident has provided a poignant glimpse into the personal connection between Bella Shmurda and Mohbad, underscoring the depth of their bond and the impact of Mohbad’s tragic passing. The video of Bella Shmurda’s emotionally charged response has resonated deeply with fans and industry insiders, eliciting a spectrum of sentiments and reflections.

As the music community continues to mourn the loss of Mohbad, Bella Shmurda’s sincere and candid reaction has ignited conversations about the complexities of dealing with grief and honoring the memory of loved ones. The refusal of the portrait has become a poignant symbol of the unique ways individuals navigate their deeply personal experiences of loss and remembrance.

In the wake of this emotional episode, Bella Shmurda’s poignant gesture stands as a testament to the enduring legacy of his friendship with Mohbad and the profound impact of the latter’s musical contributions. The international audience too has been drawn into the emotional depth of this moment, with an outpouring of support and empathy for the artists and their fans.

https://mediatalkafrica.com/140702/bella-shmurda-refuses-gifted-portrait-of-late-friend-mohbad-citing-personal-reasons/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him by Wealthoptulent(m): 11:17am On Jan 05
Re: Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him by nicho450(m): 11:22am On Jan 05
Their problem

19 Likes

Re: Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him by illicit(m): 11:39am On Jan 05
Ok
Re: Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him by ucnwafor(m): 11:52am On Jan 05
Naija happen 2 dem
Re: Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him by Jewessgratitud3: 2:32pm On Jan 05
He may not just want to be reminded of his friend and keeping his memory around may affect him psychologically.

I remember when my dad died, the only way I could easily forget about him was not have any of things around. Even the day my sister brought out his pocket dairy, I broke down again feeling bad that I couldn't stop him from dying. This is someone who was almost 70.

146 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him by xilixr: 2:32pm On Jan 05
ok shut up
Re: Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him by Triangles1(m): 2:33pm On Jan 05
Make this case rest jor.
Re: Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him by Sleekfingers: 2:33pm On Jan 05
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

He said, but I will give you money....

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him by Mitsurugi(m): 2:33pm On Jan 05
The portrait maker himself is insensitive. Just because of money and clout.

Wisdom is profitable to direct. Sometimes inquire first before giving especially where such is likely to evoke memories and if you don't get an answer, just hold yourself. Shalaye gone wrong. My opinion.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him by farouk2much(m): 2:33pm On Jan 05
Bleep them all

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him by superCleanworks(m): 2:34pm On Jan 05
Put it on your roof.
Re: Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him by axglide(m): 2:34pm On Jan 05
Jesus Christ is the Only Way Truth and the Life. Come to Jesus Christ today. This year, cultivate a habit of coming close to God through Jesus Christ His Son.

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him by Fatbam005: 2:34pm On Jan 05
Enough is enough. What is this issue sef? Anybody that raises this issue again Should be arrested

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him by o123456789(m): 2:35pm On Jan 05
hmm

1 Like

Re: Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him by Luckytechtv: 2:35pm On Jan 05
He is wise

2 Likes

Re: Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him by Holluwhakemmy(f): 2:35pm On Jan 05
Nothing bad if he reject it

1 Like

Re: Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him by RapistOnBail: 2:36pm On Jan 05
Small boys chasing clout
Re: Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him by Righthussle: 2:36pm On Jan 05
axglide:
Jesus Christ is the Only Way Truth and the Life. Come to Jesus Christ today. This year, cultivate a habit of coming close to God through Jesus Christ His Son.

I am close to God but not through Jesus. Jesus is too expensive. From tithe and offering to sowing of seed to first fruit etc. Jesus is not the only way to God. I connect to God directly through me and me alone. I know some people will not like it that I connect to God directly and not through what is written in the storybook their colonisers brought to them.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him by Emperormartin(m): 2:36pm On Jan 05
Ok
Re: Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him by Sleekfingers: 2:36pm On Jan 05
Gzzixx:
He shouldn't have rejected it openly

It is only a fake person will conceal his/her feelings to please others. They say, what you won't eat, don't bring it close to your nose.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him by DamiAyo17(f): 2:37pm On Jan 05
I see Bella as a clout chaser with dis Mohbad death

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him by Sleekfingers: 2:37pm On Jan 05
Fatbam005:
Enough is enough. What is this issue sef? Anybody that raises this issue again Should be arrested

😆😆😆😆😆
Re: Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him by ruggedboych: 2:37pm On Jan 05
any person close me die, i destroy all his/her pictures

1 Like

Re: Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him by Mikelarteta(m): 2:38pm On Jan 05
You right.
Re: Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him by orriyomi33(m): 2:40pm On Jan 05
Repetitions all over the article 😣😣

2 Likes

Re: Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him by mukthar2000(m): 2:40pm On Jan 05
Oku dey reject oku

1 Like

Re: Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him by Trophy12: 2:41pm On Jan 05
axglide:
deeper life member spotted grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him by Tealcrestmedia(m): 2:41pm On Jan 05
It's true sef, what was the final outcome of this Mohbad matter

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fela Charged With Armed Robbery & Tortured (Throwback Photos) / Segun Arinze Celebrates His 56th Birthday Today (Photos) / Whitemoney Pictured With Ngozi Nwosu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.