Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,093 members, 7,828,829 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 (48501 Views)

Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) / I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay / List Of 20 African Countries Where Workers Earn Highest Minimum Wages Per Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by wunmi590(m): 6:01pm On Jan 05
Wawelexy:
God1000....

You will be surprised to know that it's the Nigerian who are superior who made those rules.... I know some foreigners are cruel, especially the Indians, Chinese, Pakistani and Lebanese, but in most cases, the Nigerians who are opportunned to work closely with them are the ones who brings most of the policies that doesn't favour their fellow countrymen...

Intelligently said

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by RealEmilokan: 6:02pm On Jan 05
Is this supposed to be news?

Nigeria has real fundamental problems that needs to be addressed. It's only poverty and hunger that make people accept such offer - and guess what? There are thousand of people on queue for such opportunity.

2 Likes

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Gkay1(m): 6:02pm On Jan 05
IF YOU WANT TO SEE REAL HELL ON EARTH, GO TO LAGOS STATE FREE ZONE. YOU WILL SEE HELL.

1 Like

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Welcomme: 6:03pm On Jan 05
Later if one of these guys earning 1500naira 12 hours job find a means to Japa and end up finding himself working in a warehouse where he is being paid £13 or $15 per hour, APC Ronu idiots on nairaland will come out to say he is slaving for a white man...

5 Likes

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Chidex50(m): 6:04pm On Jan 05
God1000:
The way some of these foreign companies exploit Nigerians is really bad

Poverty has made our people to work in such places
Why do you have government?
Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Kharol1234: 6:04pm On Jan 05
Fouani(LG GROUP AND COMPANY) comes to mind.

1 Like

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Ashawoman82: 6:05pm On Jan 05
EreluRoz:
Sad.

Is that not women I'm seeing there? What are women doing in such places? Hmm may almighty God ease our affairs
most factory prefer women population in their workforce, so far the work isn't about lifting heavy load, women tend to be more effective in most factory work.

2 Likes

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by GUNITGuy: 6:14pm On Jan 05
Go to Agbara industrial Estate more investigation needs to be done there ......

1 Like

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by GUNITGuy: 6:15pm On Jan 05
Ashawoman82:
most factory prefer women population in their workforce, so far the work isn't about lifting heavy load, women tend to be more effective in most factory work.
You're a joker those ones are used to serve extramural activities....If you know you know ...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Nickymezor(f): 6:16pm On Jan 05
Reall awful
Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Ashawoman82: 6:17pm On Jan 05
GUNITGuy:

You're a joker those ones are used to serve extramural activities....If you know you know ...
dude keep quiet, this is a global standard when it comes to production line... Women tend to be more focus, precise and give attention to every details while doing their job... Go and ask any production manager, it's something everybody knows... Provided the job doesn't require physical strength or lifting of heavy loads...

1 Like

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by GUNITGuy: 6:23pm On Jan 05
Ashawoman82:
dude keep quiet, this is a global standard when it comes to production line... Women tend to be more focus, precise and give attention to every details while doing their job... Go and ask any production manager, it's something everybody knows... Provided the job doesn't require physical strength or lifting of heavy loads...
Global standard by who If you choose to employ women fine ....But don't call it a global standard

2 Likes

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Ashawoman82: 6:25pm On Jan 05
GUNITGuy:

Global standard by who If you choose to employ women fine ....But don't call it a global standard
at least make ur research, manufacturing countries like China, Japan, Italy etc adopt this standard... I am a man, a redpiller for that matter but this is fact, it doesn't show any form of superiority, but yes women tend to be more efficient in production work than men... Google is ur friend, better still relate with production managers...

2 Likes

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by planetx: 6:28pm On Jan 05
blkmum700:
Someone is planing to take her earnings to Iraq, Na wa ooo suffer de this world.
Whomever is advising her to go to Iraq is her enemy. Talking about surrogacy at late 40's, does she even know what surrogacy is.

5 Likes

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Calitoscassius(m): 6:29pm On Jan 05
Wawelexy:
God1000....

You will be surprised to know that it's the Nigerian who are superior who made those rules.... I know some foreigners are cruel, especially the Indians, Chinese, Pakistani and Lebanese, but in most cases, the Nigerians who are opportunned to work closely with them are the ones who brings most of the policies that doesn't favour their fellow countrymen...
Absolutely, Naigerians are their fellow citizen's worst enemy. It is just like in America and UK black security guards are employed by white owned companies to catch black (people) thieves. I would do the same if i ran a company. The same thing Naigerian politicians are doing, using Naigerians to oppress, assault and intimidate other Naigerians.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Calitoscassius(m): 6:33pm On Jan 05
They deserve how they are treated, if you estabilish a union now to help them revolutionalise their poor working slavery condition and urge them to join they d decline, they d even sabotage the whole thng. I don't feel sorry for them, if they are not happy they are free to go else where for jobs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by GUNITGuy: 6:38pm On Jan 05
Ashawoman82:
at least make ur research, manufacturing countries like China, Japan, Italy etc adopt this standard... I am a man, a redpiller for that matter but this is fact, it doesn't show any form of superiority, but yes women tend to be more efficient in production work than men... Google is ur friend, better still relate with production managers...
I'm just knowing this actually
though based on my Nigerian assumptions on how employment goes it's usually not the ideal reasons ...

2 Likes

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by youngsahito(m): 6:44pm On Jan 05
Their should be alot of regulations on this foreign companies with good welfarism like hmo, over time and other benefits. Nlc will stay in Abuja waiting for politicians to throw them some free cash. Useless people
Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by isArray: 6:50pm On Jan 05
There are alot of these factories in Ikeja/Ogba area

1 Like

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by dnawah(m): 6:56pm On Jan 05
Wawelexy:
God1000....

the indians will make them do that,i was a witness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by 247man: 6:56pm On Jan 05
And they say don’t japa… dey play. 12 hrs factory job is 120£ in uk. ₦ 1,500 Or u mean 1500 per hour?

2 Likes

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by moseslarry(m): 7:07pm On Jan 05
God1000:

Nice one. Pls I need help from all and sundry, I've lost my job since last year and I need to help pay my son's schl fee next week Monday it's ₦33,500, I will appreciate any amount I can get as support. Life has been tough since I've been out of job. God bless you all.

0049126874, GT Bank, Olarewaju Moses tosin
Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by nedekid: 7:10pm On Jan 05
Blitzking:
Modern day slavery...some ppl get mind coming into another person territory to make a slave of the indigenes.
That business puts food on the table of over 50 people daily. You hear of the crowd at the gate in excess of the casual Labour needed.
They have brought employment and not slavery any which way. It is our leaders that have brought the slavery. If things were good, will people go to such companies to work? Wount the company have to raise its staff welfare when it sees it cannot get Labour to hire?
Let goverment go and close down that place and you will see those same Nigerians getting their daily bread from working there will protest.
Goverment has abandoned people, to an extent a Nigerian female in her 40s sees her future in going to do domestic work in Iraq. Is that not the real slavery? Lebanese is putting food on their table, no matter how bad, yet people de complain when alternate no de.

1 Like

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by GboyegaD(m): 7:10pm On Jan 05
God1000:

Aren't we all part of the problems? Do we encourage those who have great ideas to contest in elections? Don't our representatives at primaries vote the highest bidder?

At the general elections, don't we get blinded by ethnicity and religious bigotry?

That said, where is the Ministry of Labor when you need them? They turn blind eyes to reality.

3 Likes

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Femich18(m): 7:17pm On Jan 05
Tokskob2008:

Stood for complete 12hrs all through and when I was going home in the evening the same trouser I wore in the morning wouldn't fit me anymore even with the belt grin

Hahahahahahaha. Sorry that I quoted you.
You made me laugh seriously for the first time this year grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Femich18(m): 7:19pm On Jan 05
Izuchukwu70:
They say the job is tedious. Have they tried working in Amazon warehouse in America or Factory jobs in America? Let them see real hard job.
Sorry no vex but you are saying nonsense.
Those Amazon staff you quoted, are being paid peanut like this guys?
And do they indulge them in unfavourable working condition and inhumane treatment like these people?

2 Likes

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by abbeyd2(m): 7:22pm On Jan 05
Wawelexy:
God1000....

You will be surprised to know that it's the Nigerian who are superior who made those rules.... I know some foreigners are cruel, especially the Indians, Chinese, Pakistani and Lebanese, but in most cases, the Nigerians who are opportune to work closely with them are the ones who brings most of the policies that doesn't favour their fellow countrymen...
I worked with a Labanese construction firm that's still paying between #19k - #25k/month to the workers based on categories. The worst of it is that representative from Ministry of Labor will come today on inspection, to collect money from the management without care to know about the welfares of the workers. Our own people are the architect of our problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Jcoleworld911: 7:24pm On Jan 05
Fummi
Wummi
Funke
Omatola
Etc
All of them are Yoruba, this is what you get when foreigners control your economy

One of the them is even saving to travel to Iraq to do housemaid😏(fummi) nawa oo

Bad leadership causes a lot of pains and agony, vote wisely next time

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Blitzking: 7:26pm On Jan 05
nedekid:

That business puts food on the table of over 50 people daily. You hear of the crowd at the gate in excess of the casual Labour needed.
They have brought employment and not slavery any which way. It is our leaders that have brought the slavery. If things were good, will people go to such companies to work? Wount the company have to raise its staff welfare when it sees it cannot get Labour to hire?
Let goverment go and close down that place and you will see those same Nigerians getting their daily bread from working there will protest.
Goverment has abandoned people, to an extent a Nigerian female in her 40s sees her future in going to do domestic work in Iraq. Is that not the real slavery? Lebanese is putting food on their table, no matter how bad, yet people de complain when alternate no de.
You are right. Those guys are just capitalising on gpvt weakness

2 Likes

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Love800(m): 7:34pm On Jan 05
U worked in chicken republic?
I thought they have shifts?
blowjohn:
Even chicken republic staff stand 12 hours serving food and thru are understaffed.

If to say I dey Instagram or those social networks I for insult chicken republic tire.

U wont hire staff and u subject ur staff to hard labour for how much?
Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by countryman13: 7:34pm On Jan 05
Wawelexy:
God1000....

No be lie

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Love800(m): 7:40pm On Jan 05
Pls shut up
Izuchukwu70:
They say the job is tedious. Have they tried working in Amazon warehouse in America or Factory jobs in America? Let them see real hard job.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Young Lady Spotted Driving Dangote Trailer (Video) / How Much Does First Bank Pay Her Contract Staff? / Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.