Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,374 members, 7,812,093 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 (48402 Views)

I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay / Countries In Africa Where Workers Earn Highest Average Salaries In USD / List Of 20 African Countries Where Workers Earn Highest Minimum Wages Per Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by ParagonPrick: 11:31pm On Jan 05
Izuchukwu70:
They say the job is tedious. Have they tried working in Amazon warehouse in America or Factory jobs in America? Let them see real hard job.
See one for the supervisors here
Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by IyaTola: 11:32pm On Jan 05
Kharol1234:
Fouani(LG GROUP AND COMPANY) comes to mind.
I cannot even advice my enemy to work there.
Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by IyaTola: 11:33pm On Jan 05
GUNITGuy:
Go to Agbara industrial Estate more investigation needs to be done there ......
Solar Energy group is the worst place to work in that agbara as in people dey resign on a daily and you go still see people full gate say them wan work.
Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by IyaTola: 11:37pm On Jan 05
Do you know how many women in their 40's that are not married and are looking for surrogacy?
planetx:
Whomever is advising her to go to Iraq is her enemy. Talking about surrogacy at late 40's, does she even know what surrogacy is.
Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by IyaTola: 11:39pm On Jan 05
Calitoscassius:
They deserve how they are treated, if you estabilish a union now to help them revolutionlise their poor working slavery condition and urge them to join they d decline, they d even sabotage the whole thng. I don't feel sorry for them, if they are not happy they are free to go else where for jobs.
Do you know this happen in a company like that way back in Sango. Do you know I went with a team of 4 to negotiate, management bought over 2 of them and remaining myself and the other person, after delegate meeting, the 2 mgt bought over have were well taken care of and finally sabotage me, eventually the other person on my side cracked.
Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by IyaTola: 11:40pm On Jan 05
247man:
And they say don’t japa… dey play. 12 hrs factory job is 120£ in uk. ₦ 1,500 Or u mean 1500 per hour?
Would you spend naira in UK?

3 Likes

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by jmichael259(m): 12:54am On Jan 06
1,500 daily for hard labour?

Block moulder minimum 9-10k for 5bags per day
Mason minimum 7k per day
Labour/helper to Mason 4k per day
Conductor/Driver/okada minimum 4k per day
Morning market sellers 4k
Loaders at block industry or timber market make more than 5-8k per day
What of shoe mender, vulcanizer,
Fan Ice cyclist/trolley operators

Many things dey but na mumu dey enter this kind company hard labour with no pay. Use your hard labour wisely, you need money to fix your body.

1 Like

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Iamthoney(m): 2:55am On Jan 06
European Soaps and Detergent limited(ESDL) comes to mind…I can fully relate very well and the decay has been there since time immemorial. Nigerian supervisors majority of them are part of the problem. My money no Dey ever complete come end of the month cos of our supervisors, if you like work three shift for one day for 30 days e no go complete. Chai man see something that year(2007). The Indians are fvcking heartless and they still are. Thank God for life sha man ain’t no longer living that life no more
Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by MeinKampf: 3:13am On Jan 06
Izuchukwu70:
They say the job is tedious. Have they tried working in Amazon warehouse in America or Factory jobs in America? Let them see real hard job.
And are you paid peanuts working in Amazon factory? No Amazon factory pays lesser than the minimum wage. And working at Amazon for 8 hours shift will feed you for at least a week. Amazon pays £11+ per hour in UK, that's like £88 per day before tax with breaks like every 2 hours. So what exactly are you saying?
Except you are really lazy, money is the motivation for doing warehouse jobs abroad and you'll still be able to afford basic necessities like decent house and car

2 Likes

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by MeinKampf: 3:20am On Jan 06
jmichael259:
1,500 daily for hard labour?

Block moulder minimum 9-10k for 5bags per day
Mason minimum 7k per day
Labour/helper to Mason 4k per day
Conductor/Driver/okada minimum 4k per day
Morning market sellers 4k
Loaders at block industry or timber market make more than 5-8k per day
What of shoe mender, vulcanizer,
Fan Ice cyclist/trolley operators

Many things dey but na mumu dey enter this kind company hard labour with no pay. Use your hard labour wisely, you need money to fix your body.
Most Nigerian are brainless. They'll rather pretend they are working in a slave camp like this to be perceived as working in a company rather than learning a trade as simple as masonry or carry bricks and sands which pays better and puts human face to how the work is done .
Nigerians will downgrade an hustle like being a security man or a mason openly but will still go behind to beg for money from people who defied the odds to do such jobs

4 Likes

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by MeinKampf: 3:22am On Jan 06
IyaTola:
Would you spend naira in UK?
However you look at it, you can't spend 25% if your daily earning in UK. Meaning you'll still save £90 after all your daily expenses. And you'll never be subjected to subhuman working conditions

1 Like

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by MeinKampf: 3:26am On Jan 06
Ikaeniyan0:
This is the way a lot of factories operate in Nigeria. Even PZ at Odoguyan, their factory worker work from 7am to 7pm

The Government needs to make a law that will outlaw this insane working hours.
Actually 12 hours shift isn't the problem but the remuneration and working conditions. There are 12 hours shifts all over the West as well but the breaks are always well spread out and with your pay, you'll still be able to afford basic necessities of life

2 Likes

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Ndipe(m): 3:39am On Jan 06
Government should step in
Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Love800(m): 4:38am On Jan 06
Tankz so much.
I really appreciate.
blowjohn:

I don't know about ur location but here in abuja it's hell. The queues are so long.
I only go there just to keep my sugar up that's all. All the branches in abuja are understaffed

1 Like

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:57am On Jan 06
fuckingAyaya:
Once work in this kinda hell fire factory omo during break time the boy japa without looking back, man don try for this life. But baba God go soon pick the call

grin

1 Like

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:33am On Jan 06
FILEBE:
A single mother of four in her late 40s, Funmi, admitted that the work is too tedious, particularly when one considers the amount that is paid in return. But she said she could not stop coming because she wanted to save the proceeds from the factory to travel to Iraq and become a housemaid, a caregiver or a surrogate mother.

She said: “I have a target. Once I am able to save enough money, I will travel to Iraq to work either as a maid, a caregiver or a surrogate mother. I have made enquiries about Iraq and I learnt they are liberal. You don’t have to wear hijab like in Saudi Arabia.”

See how bad Nigeria has become that being a maid in Iraq becomes an option.

Politicians aren't seeing this.

Many Yoruba girls are into such jobs across all the Middle Eastern countries.

It's bewildering to see some yoruba boys/girls taunting others about travelling to Lagos for greener pastures.

1 Like

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Clobisman(m): 5:49am On Jan 06
God1000:
Yeah, NLC has outlived its usefulness
After making remarks like this you expect NLC to be respected. If I disrespect my parents always how would I expect you an outsider to respect them. The NLC is still useful and as it stands today are almost the only pressure group checkmating the APC government.
Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by wengerman: 6:37am On Jan 06
caye:
I hope ppl can still remember how hundreds ( I presume) of Nigerians were burnt to death on a Chinese or Lebanese factory btw 2006-2009; when the supervisors locked the workers in the factory; happened around Lagos.

Does anyone remember,.and can remind us?
. It happened in a chinese company in Odogunyan, Ikorodu.

1 Like

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by alizma: 8:04am On Jan 06
Wawelexy:
God1000....

You will be surprised to know that it's the Nigerian who are superior who made those rules.... I know some foreigners are cruel, especially the Indians, Chinese, Pakistani and Lebanese, but in most cases, the Nigerians who are opportunned to work closely with them are the ones who brings most of the policies that doesn't favour their fellow countrymen...
These people come to Nigeria with cruel mindset. They see Nigerians as tools.
Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Eyakuare: 10:37am On Jan 06
This is sheer wickedness. Anyway I don't blame them. This can only happened in a zoo or Banana republic. What else do you expect in a country without leaders. So sad😭
Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by rezzy: 11:45am On Jan 06
Tokskob2008:

I have actually worked in there for some days many years ago. That factory is another kind of hell fire honestly.

Stood for complete 12hrs all through and when I was going home in the evening the same trouser I wore in the morning wouldn't fit me anymore even with the belt grin

This is funny that I had to laugh.
Sorry for the bad ordeal
Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Jking20(m): 12:14pm On Jan 06
It's all over most companies
Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Calitoscassius(m): 1:43pm On Jan 06
IyaTola:
Do you know this happen in a company like that way back in Sango. Do you know I went with a team of 4 to negotiate, management bought over 2 of them and remaining myself and the other person, after delegate meeting, the 2 mgt bought over have were well taken care of and finally sabotage me, eventually the other person on my side cracked.
Exactly as i said, for thousand naira they d sabotage your effort to help them, typical Naigerian way of thinking, so let them suffer! They are comfortable with suffering.

1 Like

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by FILEBE(m): 2:16pm On Jan 06
ChybuzzDD:

Many Yoruba girls are into such jobs across all the Middle Eastern countries.

It's bewildering to see some yoruba boys/girls taunting others about travelling to Lagos for greener pastures.

Wouldn't attribute any of it to a particular race. I haven't found myself having to insult or shame
tribe over someone's doings .

Nigerians will do all sorts of things to leave Nigeria. It's just so appalling that our Politicians are seeing this and are just non chanlant . A serious country will checkmate itself and see what they are doing wrong
Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Oye548: 7:42pm On Jan 06
Another Dummy Duty Free
Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Izuchukwu70: 9:00pm On Jan 07
MeinKampf:

And are you paid peanuts working in Amazon factory? No Amazon factory pays lesser than the minimum wage. And working at Amazon for 8 hours shift will feed you for at least a week. Amazon pays £11+ per hour in UK, that's like £88 per day before tax with breaks like every 2 hours. So what exactly are you saying?
Except you are really lazy, money is the motivation for doing warehouse jobs abroad and you'll still be able to afford basic necessities like decent house and car

They are lazy. Building Construction workers are paid min of 10k daily in Lagos. Make dem dey wait for 30k monthly. Lazy yoots
Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Mayplays(f): 1:30am On Jan 08
Debater:
My own is that the Lebanese idi9t who owns the place will suffer
I was not at ease reading this
He will not

1 Like

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Godsownfc(m): 9:43pm On Jan 14
That's too bad. May God have mercy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chemical Engineering Versus Mechanical Engineering Forum / Captain Joan Obasi, The Youngest Female Pilot In Nigeria (Photos) / 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.