Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,233 members, 7,811,649 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu (25901 Views)

NSCDC CG Orders Deployment Of Undercover Agents To Schools Nationwide. / Dissolve The Power Of Lecturers, BBC Undercover Journalist, Kiki Mordi, Tells FG / Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by BluntCrazeMan: 8:56pm On Jan 06
FAKE DEGREE: “I’M WORRIED OVER MY SAFETY”, SAYS UNDERCOVER JOURNALIST

Nigerian investigative journalist, Umar Audu, said yesterday he was worried about his safety, following his recent investigative report which uncovered a fake results syndicate in Togo and Benin Republic.

It will be recalled that the investigative journalist with Daily Nigeria newspaper, reported recently that he bagged a degree within six weeks of being admitted into one of such universities and also served as a corps member in the National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, with the certificate obtained.

The undercover journalist stated that he received both the transcript and certificate of the Ecole Superieure de Gestion et de Technologies, Cotonou, Benin Republic after six weeks only.

In an interview with Channels Television yesterday, he stated that it is worrisome that the security system in Nigeria does not give journalists the confidence to do their job without fear of victimisation.

When asked by the presenter if he had received any threats following his report, he stated that while he is yet to receive any threats, he is away from the public as he needed to prioritize his safety.

He said: “There is a lot of concern from friends and family members regarding my safety. They have been genuinely worried and as a journalist, I believe I should be allowed to carry out my job without any threats or intimidation.

“This situation highlights the type of society we live in, where journalists should be able to conduct their work peacefully and be assured of their safety.

“I want to use this platform to call on the authorities to ensure my protection, even though I am currently in a safe place.
However, I am uncertain about what might happen next, as I have been giving interviews and my report has gone viral without any threats so far.

“I hope the government remains vigilant and if there are any threats, I will promptly reach out to them to ensure I receive the necessary protection.”

When asked how much he spent to acquire the fake certificate, Umar said: “I spent roughly N600,000. I did not go to the border; I only gave an Immigration officer to help me get an ECOWAS passport and a backdated stamp of Nigerian Immigration and Beninese, which I spent N150,000.”

Source:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/01/fake-degree-im-worried-over-my-safety-says-undercover-journalist

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by BluntCrazeMan: 8:57pm On Jan 06

Undercover Reporter blew his own cover by himself..

I knew things would get to this.

101 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by Stargangz: 9:15pm On Jan 06
If he doesn't flee the country, he might be arrested by this same government, I forsee the government will try to implicate him in one way or the other. Aligations of forgery, bribery or even treason grin it might not end well for him, he should have remain anonymous. A whistleblower wey dey show him face, no be suicide be dat?

119 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by BluntCrazeMan: 9:19pm On Jan 06
Stargangz:
If he doesn't flee the country, he might be arrested by this same government, I forsee the government will try to implicate him in one way or the other. Aligations of forgery, bribery or even treason grin it might not end well for him, he should have remain anonymous. A whistleblower wey dey show him face, no be suicide be dat?

The government will leave him to forget about this whole waves...

Say, after 7-months, they will hit.!!

They will label one biigg allegation on him...
And that would be the end of his career.

He may never come out of the set-up with a positive story to tell.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by AMAUCHESKY(m): 9:23pm On Jan 06
grin like seriously sir

Bad addiction is a distraction to your direction in life @ my signature for solution
Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by Ekejoestar(m): 9:23pm On Jan 06
Only in Nigeria will something absurd be normalised,

One would think that with plenty of mosque and churches we have in this country that integrity and honesty will be our forte but reverse is the case.

Nigeria is a country that shuns and even going as far as killing honesty but will gladly reward criminal and looters. How the hell did we get here as a people?

Imagine one guy like that who says he is a NANS president coming on live TV to say that the journalist should be arrested.

And our "reactive agents" of a govt have activated their reaction mood, setting up committees upon committee just to investigate what has been going on under their nose for many years of which they themselves are beneficiary of.

Now someone should tell me why other nations should take our education system as a serious one, why Britain and other English speaking countries like Canada and co won't impose IELTS exam on us, all these things are connected.

I leave you with these words, "if the foundation be destroyed, what can the righteous do". The foundation for any nation to succeed is education, and that foundation in Nigeria is in serious quagmire.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by ATEAMS: 9:23pm On Jan 06
LoL ..

You loose guard...

Your photos wasn't supposed to be circulated and your sponsor is supposed to cover you .

7 Likes

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by bassdow: 9:23pm On Jan 06
wanted to say something similar when I first learnt of this story. underCover no suppose come to surface na.

imagine say na criminal organization you do undercover finish go reveal your identity later. Even if dem all die finish, you no go still safe

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by bassdow: 9:23pm On Jan 06
Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by bassdow: 9:24pm On Jan 06
[quote author=bassdow post=127814132][/quote]
Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by izubext007: 9:24pm On Jan 06
The north has the highest number of fake degrees, so u exposed your people.

18 Likes

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by DrAda(f): 9:24pm On Jan 06
As you rightly should. Please stay safe

2 Likes

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by ClearFlair: 9:24pm On Jan 06
Criminals will not like his investigation 🤣🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by Mikespecialone(m): 9:24pm On Jan 06
Undercover gone wrong

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by Westerhoffe(m): 9:25pm On Jan 06
As an Undercover Journalist, blowing your cover yourself is your error… who does that? undecided
If that's how all Undercovers does, the job would no longer make any sense.

Just stay safe.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:25pm On Jan 06
An undercover journalist should have planned for the aftermath of that kinda dangerous job prior now.

We pray for your safety

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by accordadoga24(f): 9:25pm On Jan 06
Hehehehe

You have done the right thing.

Only mmesoma people support fraud.

Nothing will happen to you.

The Lord is your shepherd

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by Bhella5(m): 9:26pm On Jan 06
Such a naive journo

5 Likes

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by airsaylongcome: 9:27pm On Jan 06
Stargangz:

Is forgery still a crime in this country?
Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:27pm On Jan 06
accordadoga24:
Hehehehe

Amen 🙏.
So we pray for him

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by Dexy4yah(m): 9:27pm On Jan 06
accordadoga24:
Hehehehe

Hmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by Dexy4yah(m): 9:28pm On Jan 06
accordadoga24:
Hehehehe

Your brain dey leak

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by Hndrrxxx(m): 9:28pm On Jan 06
You took away their whole means of livelihood you should be concerned of course.

Too bad I don’t think this country has anything like witness protection they could place you on cry cry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by obuburam: 9:29pm On Jan 06
I was discussing this with some friends just this evening. He really blows his cover too much especially all those NYSC photos.

We pray for your safety bro. Keep safe.

5 Likes

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by cardoctor(m): 9:29pm On Jan 06
You shouldn't be afraid bro. You spoke the truth and the truth shall always prevail.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner / Handsome Nigerian, Onuaha Bags A Gold Honor As An INTERN In L.W CHIROPRACTIC,USA / UNIZIK Reacts After Facebook User Advertised Its Admission Slots For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.