Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' (39111 Views)

Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi Who Exposed Universities Lecturers Never Graduated / Sex For Grades: BBC Releases The Full Documentary Of Lecturers Involved / Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' by Islie: 10:01am On Oct 08, 2019
The biggest goal of this work was to be louder than the aggressor because sexual harassment is very loud. I wanted it to be silenced.

BBC journalist, Kiki Mordi, has told SaharaReportersthat she had received subtle threats since her widely applauded undercover investigation into sexual harassment of female students by male lecturers at the University of Lagos and the University of Ghana respectively was published.

The investigation, which took almost a year, saw Mordi and other undercover female journalists secretly filming randy lecturers in both universities trying to use their positions to demand sex from young ladies in order to favour them academically.

According to Mordi, who said on Monday that the project was inspired by her personal story, she is not bothered by those threats because the BBC takes the security of employees very seriously.

She said, “I have received subtle threats since this work was completed but I am not bothered because the BBC takes the security of employees seriously.

“Before embarking on this project, the team prayed a lot and also sang because it helped to calm the nerves.

“But I had to go through the trainings I received over and over again because I wanted to get it right.

“The bulk of the ritual I performed were reading, research and preparation.

“The biggest goal of this work was to be louder than the aggressor because sexual harassment is very loud. I wanted it to be silenced.

“I am happy that a lot is changing already since the documentary was release and I can confirm to you that one of the lecturers at the University of Lagos caught sexually harassing a prospective student has been dismissed by the institution.

“I believe it doesn’t stop there until there is a conviction. We have to break that culture of impunity.”

In the undercover documentary now making the rounds on the Internet, one of the lecturers at the University of Lagos, Dr Boniface Igbeneghu, a former sub-dean of Faculty of Arts, who is also a pastor of a local branch of the Foursquare Gospel Church, was seen making amorous advances at the ‘prospective student’, who claimed to be 17 years old.

At a point in the video, he offered her a wine, asked her to switch off the light in the room so that he could kiss her.

After the young lady didn’t do as he had said, Igbeneghu soon stood up to switch off the light himself before going back on the sofa they both seated to pull her close to himself for what he described as a “cold room” experience.

According to the lecturer, the “cold room” is a place within the school’s senior staff club where he and his colleagues take female students to for sexual pleasure.

Since the video went public, there have been reactions from all across the country with many prominent voices calling for a quick action by the government to arrest sexual harassment in higher institutions in the country.

Apart from being axed by Unilag, the Foursquare Gospel Church in Nigeria also announced the suspension of Igbeneghu on Monday.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/10/07/exclusive-sex-grades-i-have-received-threats-undercover-investigation-says-bbc-journalist

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' by NwaAmaikpe: 10:03am On Oct 08, 2019
shocked

Kiki did not graduate from a University so she probably never heard the price Dele Giwa paid for venturing into investigative and expository journalism that's why she's bothered over threats.
Why do you think today's Nigerian journalists will rather collect brown envelopes and write praises instead?

You probably didn't consider how much your documentary would destroy those individuals indicted before you dabbled into it.

Their reputation in the community,
The peace of their homes,
The security of their jobs,
Plus the stigmatization of their friends and families.

It would have been safer for you to have appeared as a passive or undercover part of the investigation and allowed a white BBC staff play the major role.
But it is only typical of Nigerians to prefer taking credit above safety.
Threats may just be the price you'd pay for chasing clout because like they say, no price, no pay.

Good work Kiki, I'm proud of you.
May our nation have more ladies as brave as you.

201 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' by JasonScoolari: 10:08am On Oct 08, 2019
How I wish she could visit the department of Theatre and Media Arts, Ambrose Alli University and uncover the atrocities carried out by one Lecturer..... (I don't wanna mention his name)

Maximum respect to you Kiki and other female journalist.

160 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' by Gidah: 10:08am On Oct 08, 2019
University is another life, while some student beg lecturer to chop them for grades

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' by superlanny(m): 10:09am On Oct 08, 2019
My dear kiki, you would receive threats, its normal in a society where values and morals are not really important, also the job your doing( investigative journalism) has threats as its side kick, so you need to grow a tough skin. God bless you for what you are doing for africa as a whole, it was really frustrating, when I was in university and my female colleagues, would be getting straight A's while we the dudes get B's and C's, it was very clear to us that we are very different from the female's, shebi we don't have puna and bobby.
Some idiots chastise this kiki babe, saying women are also at fault, when they throw themselves at lecturers, that case is mutually agreed by both parties, even if it is wrong and by the way its the small percentage, the real evil is the torture, that ladies who genuinely want to read and pass, but are unable to do so, because one man has a liking to her physical features, the rot in the system is extremely deep and has been going on unopposed for years, to all those saying that's the whites are interfering, stupidity is not far from you, so you prefer the evil continues, because it was exposed by a white firm, what our media houses and thousands of journalist couldn't do, has been done, and I say a big thank you to BBC and Kiki Mordi for having very large balls to take on this evil monster.

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' by Bbbwings: 10:09am On Oct 08, 2019
Shout out to males that have nothing to offer to those randy lectures
Only to get pipped by undeserving females whose degrees are STDs

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' by NORSYK(m): 10:09am On Oct 08, 2019
BBC should also investigate all these Daddy GOs secretly, I am sure a lot of them would be caught

22 Likes

Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' by davibid: 10:09am On Oct 08, 2019
Of course those who are into will certainly come after you that’s the naija for you

10 Likes

Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' by Lexusgs430: 10:09am On Oct 08, 2019
The disadvantages of blowing whistle in a shithole........

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' by philip0906(m): 10:09am On Oct 08, 2019
Not a bad expose...atleast you did a good job shaming one or two perverted & randy lecturers

BUT, that was not even a tip of the iceberg neither was anything in that video, alien or new to millions of Nigerian youths who went through our higher institutions...

Sex for Grades is already institutionalised and will never go away, unfortunately. It is trade by barter...there is a demand and supply too.

Young girls who do not want to put the shift and read their books like their colleagues and are ready to trade a few rounds of sex for Cs, will always be available. Young girls who are already into runs and do not count it a big deal to give lecturers sex for grades, instead of money, will always be in their numbers, readily available.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' by jasmine1600: 10:09am On Oct 08, 2019
It’s expected once pastors are involved.
Imagine boldly telling her ur a pastor and as well telling her about sex and cold room confidently.
Shameless pastors mocking God without remorse.
All he needs is sweet mouth and your tithe money to sleep with any 17 yrs old.

21 Likes

Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' by emkz: 10:09am On Oct 08, 2019
Some have been killed in the line of duty. You have done a huge expose in our tertiary institutions which no one wants to talk about.

At the end of the day, they can't touch you because the story is in the public domain. I hope other journalists would do these investigations so that the place can be sanitized.

17 Likes

Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' by Pauldollars(m): 10:10am On Oct 08, 2019
From COZA to Cold Room. Dear Ladies, as much as pressure from Lecturers and male folks in society increases,
Don't be ..... COZAD in the COLD ROOM

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' by ThugCheetah(m): 10:10am On Oct 08, 2019
grin
Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' by Rahyberg(m): 10:10am On Oct 08, 2019
K

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' by beautyhd: 10:10am On Oct 08, 2019
The videos were released early. They would have gone to other universities so that the number of Randy lectures caught on tape will be more.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' by marviessss(m): 10:10am On Oct 08, 2019
There is one Ghanaian lecturer in fuoye
Dat does this sex for Mark stuff
Amazoma ,abi wetin Dem call him name

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' by AmazingELixir: 10:10am On Oct 08, 2019
grin

Kiki where is the second part of your undercover documentary, please release it quick before they carry out their threat

3 Likes

Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' by Sofistcatdmoron: 10:11am On Oct 08, 2019
grin
taking someone pictures or video in secret is a crime anyway,,
however the fake pastor deserves it
Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' by Fuckyoumod: 10:11am On Oct 08, 2019
Whistle blowing comes with a price!!!

1 Like

Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' by Harlem2(m): 10:11am On Oct 08, 2019
undecidedyou self wan trend

1 Like

Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' by Tobimillar1(m): 10:11am On Oct 08, 2019
i Have no choice than to agree with maxi Kanu that Nigeria is indeed a zoo and the entire African continent is a jungle
Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' by islandmoon: 10:11am On Oct 08, 2019
a lecturer in faculty of law in a north central university, handsome and rich but from eastern state usually tell the girls to go and book hotel room in their name and send him a text message inviting him to the hotel room professing love in the text message.

9 Likes

Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' by StrikeBack(m): 10:11am On Oct 08, 2019
People like this should be on 247 suicide watch
Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' by destiny10: 10:11am On Oct 08, 2019
Another story

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' by Curry30: 10:12am On Oct 08, 2019
Nothing new, happens in EVERY UNI in Nigeria!
Even in that uni in Sokoto it happens!

2 Likes

Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' by Raxxye(m): 10:12am On Oct 08, 2019
I keep telling my fellow men:

"Never let your erect.ion give you direction" but they won't listen!

Woe befalls a man who fails to heed to the above advice. Now you can ask Pastor (Dr) Boniface!

4 Likes

Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 10:12am On Oct 08, 2019
Stay strong!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' by Clinzstan(m): 10:12am On Oct 08, 2019
Hnmm

1 Like

Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:12am On Oct 08, 2019
Nothing do you Kiki.

We will sponsor you to go and continue your education abroad in a matter of weeks and stop referring to yourself as a 'drop-out'.

You did a very good job that many graduates, all Nigeria Newspaper and TV stations cannot and refused to do.

Your name will be written in GOLD in the annals of our nation.
We stand with you dearie. kiss kiss kiss

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' by nauto6: 10:12am On Oct 08, 2019
Nawa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why A Nigerian University Professor Does Not Deserve More Than 200k A Month / FEC Approves 9 New Private Universities, 4 In Ogun State. / Yabatech Hnd(full & Part-time) & Nd(part-time) Admission For 2012/2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.