Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Why Nigerians Pray - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Nigerians Pray (10661 Views)

Shocking Prophetic Vision! Let Nigerians Pray! / Nigerians Pray For Prophet TB Joshua Against Death! / Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerians Pray by Irupetepete: 9:31am On Jan 07
Ok
Re: Why Nigerians Pray by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:33am On Jan 07
cool
Re: Why Nigerians Pray by Unbreakable007: 9:35am On Jan 07
Prayer or curse doesn't change any state but hard working and dedication.
Re: Why Nigerians Pray by Tombrown3(m): 9:40am On Jan 07
The best article I've read here in a very long time.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Pray by Godszilla: 9:41am On Jan 07
This is a very good read with alot of truth
Marchman:
Why Nigerians Pray

Asking or praying to be an exception in a failing country is somewhat selfish and unrealistic

By Julius Ogunro

https://www.thecable.ng/why-nigerians-pray

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Pray by Nteogwuija(m): 9:45am On Jan 07
tunjijones:
Nigerians have been poor forever so they take solace in prayer.

Prayer give hope. Though it's false hope most times

LoL, false hope all times.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Pray by bammo: 9:45am On Jan 07
smiley
Re: Why Nigerians Pray by geoworldedu: 9:46am On Jan 07
Nteogwuija:

LoL, false hope all times.
False hope all the every time.

Wait o, did i just do tautology
Re: Why Nigerians Pray by Ever8090: 9:46am On Jan 07
Uyi168:
Prayers give people a sense of security. They feel Since they have prayed,they are secured. They are covered. There will be provisions for them. That what happened to others can not happen to them.

In reality,this is all nonsense. They still suffer from what others suffer from. They fall sick. Get kidnapped. Fail exams and Job interviews. Get involved in accidents. Die untimely deaths.

Nigeria is one big evidence that prayers don't work.
prayers works excellently, if you don't understand how it works you will write a full 1 billion pages that it doesn't work....
Re: Why Nigerians Pray by kestolove95(m): 9:46am On Jan 07
Prayers wey no dey work
Re: Why Nigerians Pray by Ambrosex: 9:46am On Jan 07
This is the truth they won't teach you in church or mosque

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Pray by Nteogwuija(m): 9:48am On Jan 07
Ambitious21:
Prayer works but most of the things we pray for in Nija doesn't need request from God.

We only need action to put them in place.

Many things dey wey God require your sensitivity to carry them out not prayers.

God is not lazy.

So if we can do all these things by applying action, why do we need to pray?

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Pray by Uyi168: 9:51am On Jan 07
Ever8090:
prayers works excellently, if you don't understand how it works you will write a full 1 billion pages that it doesn't work....
Suit yourself bro.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Pray by Nteogwuija(m): 9:52am On Jan 07
Ever8090:

The least exploitation or discovery made by man was never with prayer. So what are u taking about?
Re: Why Nigerians Pray by Quebec91(m): 9:52am On Jan 07
Nice piece!

I love this 👍

Very apt and concised summary of All Nigerians and Nigeria Problem.

You Nailed it. 👍
Marchman:
Why Nigerians Pray

By Julius Ogunro

https://www.thecable.ng/why-nigerians-pray

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Pray by MrBroke(m): 9:52am On Jan 07
A lot of people going to church cause the gov is pussy

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Pray by Quebec91(m): 9:55am On Jan 07
Nonsense!

Mr wealthy and rich 🙄😒
AngelicDamsel:
Prayer is a spiritual phenomenon.

Every human who believes in a supernatural being prays to it.

This post seems myopic: the writer assumes we pray only to solve problems and many short sighted commenters will agree with him

That there is an inherent economic challenge in Nigeria does not downplay the essense of prayer.

Every nation has it peculiar challenge.
No religion preaches that prayer alone solves problems. Infact, ..... without work is dead!

We pray for different reasons.
For me:
I am rich, healthy, happy and blessed in all areas, yet I pray to commune with my creator because that is the source of true peace.

Peace that passeth human understanding.

Only those who have experience it will understand.
Re: Why Nigerians Pray by tete7000(m): 9:59am On Jan 07
People write about other countries as if they don't have challenges at all, that's definitely not correct. What we see on the media everyday doesn't even portray that and everywhere challenges are, people pray, even in US, UK and many other European nations. To create an idea of an atheist nation, communist China deploys military forces to suppress freedom of worship, and even in that some still go underground risking their very existence than submit to an atheistic and totalitarian government. Everywhere in the world, people pray to communicate with an omnipotent and omniscient God who alone can guide manthrough so many tribulations that exist everywhere in the world. Praying is not peculiar to Nigerians. Men and women of God all over the world pray.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Pray by cococandy(f): 10:00am On Jan 07
Oh man the nail on the head. But why are we like this? It’s almost as if deep down we know that the situation is not changeable. It’s a way of accepting defeat and it’s really heartbreaking that we’ve all given up

What do Nigerians pray about? They mostly ask for supernatural help to overcome the economic and socio-political challenges, which are mainly the outcome of leadership failures. However, the prayers are often not for help to disrupt the adverse political and economic system, or to change the status quo, but that this system favours them as is. They ask God to make their case different. ‘’There may be poverty in the land but my case will be different.’’ “Bandits may kill hundreds, but Father Lord, my family and I will be safe this new year.’’

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Pray by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:19am On Jan 07
if you don’t separate yourself from your distractions

your distractions will separate you from your goals and the life you want

your time and energy are leaking from three cracks

• social media
• overthinking
• meaningless relationships

Instead of productivity hacks, fix these cracks first

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Pray by Jaythentic(m): 10:19am On Jan 07
GOD IS THE GREATEST
Re: Why Nigerians Pray by OyinO: 10:27am On Jan 07
because the government and society have failed them. The only hope left is in sky Daddy and Colonial Gods.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Pray by Toosure70: 10:30am On Jan 07
Betterment and long life period
Re: Why Nigerians Pray by ObalendeCMS: 10:52am On Jan 07
I resist a very strong urge to pray every day.
Re: Why Nigerians Pray by yusluvad(m): 10:56am On Jan 07
MrProlific95:
Man has a spiritual component in him. Prayer is thr link between our mortality and the Spiritual
Apt!
Re: Why Nigerians Pray by Skillsnigeria: 11:00am On Jan 07
Noted
Re: Why Nigerians Pray by WealthyChidi(m): 11:00am On Jan 07
Prayer is the Master Key
Re: Why Nigerians Pray by Kay25(m): 11:02am On Jan 07
We pray more cos of our ancestral backgrounds
Re: Why Nigerians Pray by WealthyChidi(m): 11:08am On Jan 07
Prayer is the Master Key 🗝️ that never disappoints.
Re: Why Nigerians Pray by jericco1(m): 11:09am On Jan 07
Prayers are like fertilizer for those that believe.
Re: Why Nigerians Pray by homiben(m): 11:11am On Jan 07
omenka1:
Even the bible said it that prayer without works is dead, and only amount to self deceit

Allow them o; they can pray to their heart's content. At least now, governors, religious leaders, and entrepreneurs are channeling investments into constructing church buildings, ensuring enough prayer grounds for all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The SUN Will Turn To Darkness Soon And The Moon Will Turn To Red Like Blood. / OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World / Atheists Are Hypocrites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.