Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,539 members, 7,847,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:18 PM

AFCON 2023: I Won’t Be Surprised If Super Eagles Fail To Perform – Ex-falcons Co - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON 2023: I Won’t Be Surprised If Super Eagles Fail To Perform – Ex-falcons Co (152 Views)

Nigeria Vs Sao Tomé And Príncipe: AFCON 2023 Qualifier (10- 0) On 13th June 2021 / Jordan To Ronaldo: Premier League Defenders Won’t Be Scared Of You / If Super Eagles Win, Nigerians In S/africa May Be Attacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AFCON 2023: I Won’t Be Surprised If Super Eagles Fail To Perform – Ex-falcons Co by robosky02(m): 8:18pm On Jan 08
AFCON 2023: I won’t be surprised if Super Eagles fail to perform – Ex-Falcons coach

A former Super Falcons coach, Godwin Izilein, has said that he would not be surprised if the Super Eagles failed to perform in the Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON, tournament coming up in Cote d’Ivoire.

Izilein who stated this in an interview with newsmen in Calabar, described the Eagles’ preparations as shoddy.

He also described as “undeserving” some of the players the team handlers invited for the tournament.

“Personally, with the calibre of some of the players invited and the nature of their preparation for the tournament, it will not surprise me if Nigeria fails to do well.

“Preparation and pre-tournament matches should have been grade A, but with what am seeing now, I am convinced that we are truly not ready for the coveted trophy that has eluded us for 11 years now.

“If anything good comes out, it will be cheering news,” he stated.

DAILY POST reports that Nigeria is grouped with the host country, Cote d’Ivoire, alongside Equatorial Guinea and Guinea-Bissau.

The Super Eagles will kick-off their group matches on January 14 against Equatorial Guinea.

Lalasticlala mynd44 mukina2
https://dailypost.ng/2024/01/08/afcon-2023-i-wont-be-surprised-if-super-eagles-fail-to-perform-ex-falcons-coach/

Re: AFCON 2023: I Won’t Be Surprised If Super Eagles Fail To Perform – Ex-falcons Co by atiku4President(m): 8:40pm On Jan 08
He looks like a drunkard

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2023: I Won’t Be Surprised If Super Eagles Fail To Perform – Ex-falcons Co by God1000(m): 8:46pm On Jan 08
Me too, our boys can disappoint person
Re: AFCON 2023: I Won’t Be Surprised If Super Eagles Fail To Perform – Ex-falcons Co by GanagiBitrus: 9:06pm On Jan 08
Enough of the pessimism.
At least let's keep an open mind until after our opening match on Sunday.
Re: AFCON 2023: I Won’t Be Surprised If Super Eagles Fail To Perform – Ex-falcons Co by 9JAMac10: 12:41am On Jan 09
atiku4President:
He looks like a drunkard
😂😂

(1) (Reply)

Players Of Super Eagles & Coaching Staff Continue Their Intensive Training Today / Today's Match Predictions 12/01/2024 / Avram Grant(Avram Granat)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.