Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,348 members, 7,836,416 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? (12309 Views)

It's Urgent - Are They Real Or Fake? / Assesment Test :please Who Knows About Tenaris Nigeria Ltd, Are They Real? / Strategic Outsourcing Limited, Are They Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by PDPGuy: 3:53pm On Jan 10
Kaxmytex:
Linkedin don cast...

Xoxo lies everywhere...

aeronautical and analytical management, laslas na witchcraft.
Risk and financial analyst, bros na ontop sportybet u dey stay 247
Anatomical and body work exhibitionist, mama, u be stripper
Oga 🤣😂🤣🤣🤣😂
Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by Love800(m): 4:03pm On Jan 10
Can one get a teaching job abroad from linkedln?
Samcent:
LinkedIn is helpful depending on your skillset, work experience and the industry/sector you are in.

I have never gotten an offer via LinkedIn, but I know persons who got offers from organizations based in Nigeria and even overseas via LinkedIn.

Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by Love800(m): 4:07pm On Jan 10
Hello.
What are these skills in education?
BrutusOj:
You have a degree in Education and you dont want to teach? Everybody cannot be an IT professional. Improve your CV by learning skills in education, if you are good at teaching Chemistry and have 21st century teaching skills and good in edtech, big schools will value you, from there you can source for NGOs that are into educational programmes. The goal now should be to get experience in real-time teaching and learning.
Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by Love800(m): 4:09pm On Jan 10
Wat of menial works with good pay. Any?
MamaletASO:
Send me your details..and you get a job in 2-weeks and 3-days time.

All d best
Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by Love800(m): 4:11pm On Jan 10
Hello.
Do u know how one can get a job role in radio?
HabeebKunn:
See the image below to prove that people randomly DM me after they find or view my profile for digital marketing opportunities. I just updated my profile, education and work experience. However, I have over six years of experience and most times, I will be working with 2 or more companies cos they sometimes allow me to work from home. You need to pick a specific role, do an internship, get a few course certifications, and follow through. LinkedIn has free courses, you can also Google courses you can do for free. I mostly do Coursera courses. Oh, I don't have much money to pay for courses in dollars. I request financial aid for most of the courses I do on Coursera. I guess the problem is, many people have B.Sc like you. You need to give them more reason to pick you. I hail ooo

Had to clean those people's names for anonymity.
Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by Love800(m): 4:14pm On Jan 10
Can one get a school teaching job abroad from linkedIn?
victorVIC1:
The last two jobs I got before leaving Naija were from LinkedIn. A friend is currently sealing up an offer for a monthly pay of more than 1M and it was on Linkedin that the HR reached out to him. Just revamp your LinkedIn page and keep it active. Also keep your engagements strictly professional.

Above all, make God favour your efforts
Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by Love800(m): 4:15pm On Jan 10
Hello.
Can one get a school teaching jobs abroad from linkedIn?
StJasper:

There must be something which you are not doing rightly.

1. Check the quality of your CV. If it is not ATS compliant, then you might not be getting the desired job.

2. Do you have the required experience and qualifications for the positions you are applying for?

3. What are you doing with your LinkedIn account? If your LinkedIn account is optimized and you are active, employers or recruiters will locate you themselves.

4. Do you have any certification?
Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by Love800(m): 4:19pm On Jan 10
Alright.
Awesome!
GRACEGLORY:

The Resumé: records the past. It's all about past experience, schooling, and skills developed. It tells employers what the applicant has taken away from the past. A resumé only promotes where you've been and what you've done.

but are left without an idea of what is to come. One-page proposals look to the future.

Proposal is a detailed document that outlines why you're a good fit for the company, the problem that you have observed they have, and how you can solve it with your skills or gifts. It’s just another way to write to a company, explaining how your skills, experience, etc. could help the company in solving problems or developing further, and asking them to bring you onboard.

If they buy into your proposal, you are able to state your conditions to be agreed upon. But resume subject you to employers.

1 Like

Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by victorVIC1(m): 4:20pm On Jan 10
Love800:
Can one get a school teaching job abroad from linkedIn?

I sincerely have no idea as I don't know how the teaching sector operates. But you can always shoot your shot. There is no harm in trying
Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by BrutusOj(m): 4:29pm On Jan 10
Love800:
Hello.
What are these skills in education?
check edutopia you will lay your hand on a good number of skills to build you up. There are teachers earning as much as 400k, but you have to be good at what you do.
Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by Samcent: 5:09pm On Jan 10
Love800:
Can one get a teaching job abroad from linkedln?

I suppose nothing is impossible.

However, the persons I know who got overseas job from LinkedIn are in the engineering space.
Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by Love800(m): 5:34pm On Jan 10
Alright
victorVIC1:

I sincerely have no idea as I don't know how the teaching sector operates. But you can always shoot your shot. There is no harm in trying
Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by StJasper(m): 5:36pm On Jan 10
Love800:
Hello.
Can one get a school teaching jobs abroad from linkedIn?

Make sure you have TRCN certification of you want to get a teaching job abroad.

Don't forget to always apply for jobs through LinkedIn jobs. LinkedIn job is more reliable than jobs posted by people on LinkedIn.
Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by Love800(m): 5:38pm On Jan 10
Is it a site, app. Which one?

Pls before i go through dat edutopia, can u just outline some of these skills or just give me an insight about it from ur own words.
BrutusOj:
check edutopia you will lay your hand on a good number of skills to build you up. There are teachers earning as much as 400k, but you have to be good at what you do.
Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by AlphaNugget(m): 5:40pm On Jan 10
Kaxmytex:
Linkedin don cast...

Xoxo lies everywhere...

aeronautical and analytical management, laslas na witchcraft.
Risk and financial analyst, bros na ontop sportybet u dey stay 247
Anatomical and body work exhibitionist, mama, u be stripper
You are funny
Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by Love800(m): 5:41pm On Jan 10
Alright
Samcent:

I suppose nothing is impossible.

However, the persons I know who got overseas job from LinkedIn are in the engineering space.
Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by Love800(m): 5:48pm On Jan 10
Ok.
But i thought certifications in nigeria are useless abroad?

And what do u mean by ur last paragraph, about getting jobs from linkedIn and not by the ones posted by people in linkedIn? Can u dive a bit further.
StJasper:

Make sure you have TRCN certification of you want to get a teaching job abroad.

Don't forget to always apply for jobs through LinkedIn jobs. LinkedIn job is more reliable than jobs posted by people on LinkedIn.
Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by ucheuzor1(m): 6:30pm On Jan 10
Sirchiboy:
Not useful jor.
Being applying for jobs.
Over 100 jobs I applied yet nothing

Do you have experience?

how is your cv.

even with my experience, I dey receive love letter like water, but I don't give up. You just need only one to workout. That's what I have been doing
Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by Thazard(m): 7:00pm On Jan 10
Kaxmytex:
Linkedin don cast...
Xoxo lies everywhere...
aeronautical and analytical management, laslas na witchcraft. Risk and financial analyst, bros na ontop sportybet u dey stay 247 Anatomical and body work exhibitionist, mama, u be stripper
grin grin grin
Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by o123456789(m): 7:48pm On Jan 10
dboY1123:
I haven't gotten a single job interview on LinkedIn and indeed, the few ones are got are from LinkedIn and a teaching job.
The teaching job is either very far from my place or a very poor salary! Already, I lost interest in teaching even before this time.

I went for an interview in ifo Ogun state, a government approved private secondary school, and the principal proudly informed me that they pay graduates 30K.. This school celebrated her 23rd year anniversary recently and you're paying graduates 30k?? And you expect me to leave SANGO to Ifo, just to take 30k he was even requesting for my original result and referees!

I took my loses and left, after I assured them that I will resume on Monday (yesterday), right now I'm still job hunting but I'm actually not interested in teaching anymore, maybe in Lagos they pay well, definitely not here.

The other jobs I applied for like, sales marketing, receptionist, virtual receptionist and so on, none ever replied me.

Am I doing something different? I am new to job hunting so how do y'all find and locate jobs?

Thanks for your replies
I urge you to restart writing again, but this time, try and write about what is in demand eg. scarce IT guides and tutorials, you must not write a 50 page book to make money, a small but concise write-up is enough. Then on how to monetize your book do online or even radio adverts.
Finally for you to get job on LinkedIn, you must standout, you must know alot about your field, let me give you one secret: If you can make yourself important offline then your LinkedIn profile will be contacted for jobs even without you applying for one. Let me break the word "make yourself important" down. Now for you to be important to numerous employers you must have either one or even two of these qualities
1. You are a threat to their business or organization. (One example of this is a young man called John Wu. This Chinese developed a free and open source Android application called "Magisk", this application can be used to root any Android device without any form of detection. Normally if you root an Android device some apps will detect the rooted device and they will automatically stop working and exit. So after seeing the ability of this young man Google Inc., the makers of Android employed him in 2021.)
2. You are well known or you just attained stardom in your field (One example of this is a UK young man called Marcus Hutchins, he stopped the Hushpuppi ransomware called WannaCry. I am confident to tell you that he works for multiple companies and even UK secret intelligence service GCHQ.)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by Ebobos(m): 8:20pm On Jan 10
I understand how you feel about LinkedIn and it's likes..but it's still useful in job hunting.
Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by iamwebguru: 9:02pm On Jan 10
dboY1123:

I used to be a writer😂😂.. I wanted you to read to the end before you reply me,
Can you list the red-hot digital skill I can learn in one year? Thanks

Bro writers are cashing out real big, while you dey dull yourself like this, all this content creator don't you know they are people like you?

Anyway go YouTube and learn copywriting, and act of persuasion, when you're done, rebrand your Facebook, Instagram, linkedin and twitter profile with your writing skills also start applying for remote jobs either on Fiverr, Upwork or via cold email etc. Believe me by this time next year your life go change for better. if you wan finish ham add digital marketing (social media marketing, search engine optimization, search engine marketing, content marketing) with this set of digital skill bro you're blown for life.

1 Like

Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by StJasper(m): 9:00am On Jan 11
Love800:
Ok.
But i thought certifications in nigeria are useless abroad?

And what do u mean by ur last paragraph, about getting jobs from linkedIn and not by the ones posted by people in linkedIn? Can u dive a bit further.

There is something called LINKEDIN JOBS and it is different from the ones posted by people on their LinkedIn pages.

It should be on the bottom right side of your LinkedIn app.
Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by virginboy1(m): 9:06am On Jan 11
Yemite14557:
It’s funny when I read certain post like this ,you don’t really need a job ,learn digital marketing.

Few Tips.Start with YouTube

1.Choose to sell a digital product or physical product (source on Jiji)
2.Learn how to run paid facebook advert
3.Learn how to design sales page using Wordpress

You can start this while job hunting,you will employ more hands within 3 to 6 months once you’re focused.

I work full time in UK and I still have more than 10 workers running my e-commerce business in Nigeria .
Starting is the most difficult aspect ,you will be fine .

Thanks for this...
Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by Love800(m): 9:06am On Jan 11
Goodmorning.
Tank so much.

Pls why did u skip my first question?
StJasper:

There is something called LINKEDIN JOBS and it is different from the ones posted by people on their LinkedIn pages.

It should be on the bottom right side of your LinkedIn app.
Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by WithX(m): 9:26am On Jan 11
Yemite14557:
It’s funny when I read certain post like this ,you don’t really need a job ,learn digital marketing.

Few Tips.Start with YouTube

1.Choose to sell a digital product or physical product (source on Jiji)
2.Learn how to run paid facebook advert
3.Learn how to design sales page using Wordpress

You can start this while job hunting,you will employ more hands within 3 to 6 months once you’re focused.

I work full time in UK and I still have more than 10 workers running my e-commerce business in Nigeria .
Starting is the most difficult aspect ,you will be fine .

and you are saying he doesn't really need a job grin

All you listed needed start up capital and good networking otherwise its back to square one
Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by WithX(m): 9:37am On Jan 11
o123456789:
I urge to restart writing again, but this time, try and write about what is in demand eg. scarce IT guides and tutorials, you must not write a 50 page book to make money, a small but concise write-up is enough. Then on how to monetize your book do online or even radio adverts.
Finally for you to get job on LinkedIn, you must standout, you must know alot about your field, let me give you one secret: If you can make yourself important offline then your LinkedIn profile will be contacted for jobs even without you applying for one. Let me break the word "make yourself important" down. Now for you to be important to numerous employers you must have either one or even two of these qualities
1. You are a threat to their business or organization. (One example of this is a young man called John Wu. This Chinese developed a free and open source Android application called "Magisk", this application can be used to root any Android device without any form of detection. Normally if you root an Android device some apps will detect the rooted device and they will automatically stop working and exit. So after seeing the ability of this young man Google Inc., the makers of Android employed him in 2021.)
2. You are well known or you just attained stardom in your field (One example of this is a UK young man called Marcus Hutchins, he stopped the Hushpuppi ransomware called WannaCry. I am confident to tell you that he works for multiple companies and even UK secret intelligence service GCHQ.)

In as much as i enjoy and appetite your analogy, i must say the examples given are far fetched and unrealistic,
The person in question is a Chemistry Edu, are you implying that he should develop an atomic bomb for him to be seen as a treat grin
or he should rather develop a vaccine for the next pandemic shocked

In all its good to have a skill that makes one stand out.
Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by o123456789(m): 12:41pm On Jan 11
WithX:

In as much as i enjoy and appetite your analogy, i must say the examples given are far fetched and unrealistic,
The person in question is a Chemistry Edu, are you implying that he should develop an atomic bomb for him to be seen as a treat grin
or he should rather develop a vaccine for the next pandemic shocked

In all its good to have a skill that makes one stand out.
Then if this guy in question can't make anything meaningful with Chemistry Edu then let him switch to other productive ventures. Confining oneself to only one trade is suicidal.
Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by StJasper(m): 4:01pm On Jan 11
Love800:
Goodmorning.
Tank so much.

Pls why did u skip my first question?

So sorry for missing your first question. Most professional certifications in Nigeria are not worthless. Just make sure you get any certification that is accepted worldwide.
Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by Love800(m): 5:02pm On Jan 11
Ok.
I appreciate so much
StJasper:

So sorry for missing your first question. Most professional certifications in Nigeria are not worthless. Just make sure you get any certification that is accepted worldwide.
Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by WithX(m): 7:27pm On Jan 11
o123456789:
Then if this guy in question can't make anything meaningful with Chemistry Edu then let him switch to other productive ventures. Confining oneself to only one trade is suicidal.

I agree with you at the bolded 100%

1 Like

Re: Linkedin, Indeed And Others Are They Real And Useful? by boyo44: 2:32pm On Jan 22
i got my first ever job on Job indeed in 2020, all i taught that time it is a scam but but i got nothing to loose by responding. i was messages told that i was hereby schedule for interview and the venue is on what sap that i should drop my what-sap number. i reply the mail with my phone number and the time i will be available. all this happen on one beautiful Saturday, i even dey bet9ja shop dey huzzle for my life. A young woman called confirming my availability which we schedule by 3pm. By 3pm i saw an message asking if am ready which i told her i am. she tested some question which she gave me 30min to reply back on whatsap which i did. After an hour she message me back that there will be an video session on sunday by 3pm which told her no problem. i just dey hiss because 3pm game don chop my money. on sunday, i just arrange myself well with my chair and table and i look for the best corner in my room, question was asked and i answered during the video session. The following week i was sent to the employer and the rest is history. i started the job with 100k per month in the year 2020 and am still working there currently which was a turn around in my life. am even earning double of what i started with. i never believe i could got a job that cheap after 8years with a lot promising referrals from different people. I don even join people whey dey say education na scam, bro no be scam if God position you well.
ALLOA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obafemi Awolowo University Job Recruitment 2017 (28 Positions) / Bank Cleaner Job Or A Guest House Job: Which Is Better / Ministry Of Interior Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.