Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,223 members, 7,815,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

TB Joshua: Nigerians And The Problem Of Sentimental Judgements - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TB Joshua: Nigerians And The Problem Of Sentimental Judgements (105 Views)

How Religious & Political Leaders Can End Covid19 & Subsequent Judgements / TB Joshua's Prophesy About Zimbabwe Military Coup & Robert Mugabe's Removal / George Weah Visits TB Joshua's SCOAN (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

TB Joshua: Nigerians And The Problem Of Sentimental Judgements by Rapmoney(m): 12:05pm On Jan 10
For some days now, the Nigerian online space has been filled with news concerning the alleged atrocities of late Temitope Joshua aka Prophet TB Joshua. It is pertinent to note that I have observed, times without number, the manner in which many Nigerians pass judgements. We usually react to issues and pass judgements on events based on sentiments and all manner of emotional attachments.

Within these few days, I have seen people make videos and post online where they vehemently and authoritatively defend the late pastor that he was never involved in the acts that the accusers have alleged he was involved in. I have seen these people defend the late pastor with so much confidence that makes me wonder if we as humans are being rational and realistic when we vouch for people that we don't even know their true nature deep inside, apart from what we see outside of them. Don't get it twisted here. I'm not saying the events that played on BBC have been found to be true. What I'm saying is that you cannot defend something you don't know or fully understand. We as humans can only vouch for ourselves and not for others because what you think it is might not be what it is.

People who were close to the late prophet have come out to say these were the things the man did. You sitiing in your house that is hundreds of kilometers away from the Synagogue could not have known the man better than them. Why defend what you don't know? If a sibling of yours was involved in the alleged atrocities, I am very sure that by now, you would have thrown away that ill-fitting religious garment you have used to blindfold yourself.

Most times, an injustice only becomes a crime to many Nigerians when it affects them either directly or indirectly.

We should be pushing for further investigation into the matter to ascertain whether the late prophet is falsely being accused or if the alleged atrocities were actually committed. Whichever way the pendulum swings to, both parties (TB Joshua's family/Synagogue and the accusers) can seek redress and compensation at the court of law.

If the events that played on BBC had been about a late Bhuddist leader, an African herbalist or a leader from any other group, I bet you, many of these folks would have been screaming and calling on the government to destroy their place of worship.

Religion is meant to make us create and mantain a relationship with the Creator. It should not make us to become stupid and shallow.

Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Nlfpmod

Re: TB Joshua: Nigerians And The Problem Of Sentimental Judgements by immortalcrown(m): 12:06pm On Jan 10
Ego is the reason some people defend TB Joshua. Those people who praised him when he was alive, who watched his station, visited his Church and hung his photo on their walls do not want to admit their mistakes. Those who are known active followers of other shady pastors also don't want to support anything that doesn't favour their gullible moves. They want to live in self denial.

Even when TB Joshua was alive, two very important questions were raised about him and were cited as the reason he didn't join the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN). "How and when did he become a born again? Who mentored him in running a Church?"

(1) (Reply)

TB Joshua Abused Me, Sexualized Women, Brainwashed His Disciples – Daughter / Prophecies For February, 2024 / Nigeria Must Practice Regional System Of Govt To Strengthen The Naira (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.