Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,210 members, 7,825,790 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 (33105 Views)

Deadline Remains January 31 For Old Naira Notes — CBN / Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN / Bank Alert: Customers Panic As FCMB Fingered In Fresh N7.5b Fraud Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by NinjaMetahuman: 9:45pm On Jan 10
That's dumb sha.

Why not kuku start from 1999.

Idiotic move by firs. Another clown must be running that place.

6 Likes

Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by DenreleDave(m): 9:46pm On Jan 10
My account go enter minus be that

2 Likes

Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by Rilwayne001: 9:47pm On Jan 10
It says foreign currency inflow.

Can’t see where this affects local transfer.

1 Like

Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by Nonexisting1: 9:49pm On Jan 10
As long as APC and their zoneBs get the same treatment, I'm fine. The shege banza dey go round.

4 Likes

Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by Apel147(m): 9:52pm On Jan 10
When you go to Europe or America do you complain over the 30% tax deductions? Do you even pay taxes in Nigeria? D play! 😉

Conner44:
Imagine today I transferred N100 to someone with my account and in my sms alerts I received notifications for the N100 transfer plus an additional 2 notifications for N25 stamp duty and N10 one thing - one thing fee . . . undecided now they have perfected their plans to add another extra deduction and alert to the trio. cry

Hmm . . . This is indeed Shege Banza Pro Max loaded cool

Na to dig hole for backyard install geepee tank dey store my money in cash be the next move. Make I see who wan come tinubulate my hard earned finances this year.

1 Like

Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by Gsentme(m): 9:54pm On Jan 10
Iseoluwani:
ah

make i dey use my OPAY

zenith byebye
You have not made money. Can you leave 1bil in Opay account?

2 Likes

Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by Yankee101: 9:59pm On Jan 10
Who backdated tax law?

Tinubu is known by what he did with alpha beta

Taxing people of Lagos and taking a cut. Start digging your own grave oga. Start digging

4 Likes

Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by Vijuchoco(f): 10:01pm On Jan 10
Iseoluwani:
ah

make i dey use my OPAY

zenith byebye
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by nedekid: 10:04pm On Jan 10
Seequadry:
One of the main reasons forign transactions was banned on local atm cards.... Millions of people paying for Twitter badges, Facebook ads, Google, that 50naira is too much tho
Foreign transactions still work with the regular atm card of one bank.
Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by Emusan(m): 10:04pm On Jan 10
Rilwayne001:

Always defending and supporting rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by Badgers14: 10:06pm On Jan 10
How can a directive that have adverse effect on the masses be enforced retroactively ??

3 Likes

Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by nedekid: 10:09pm On Jan 10
We gats fund their landcruisers, Prado, fuel, private jets for the pikins to do play polo at Kano, to place millions in private azas, to get 500m contracts each to verify social registers etc.
One day we go get sense. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by PHAYOL81: 10:11pm On Jan 10
Ha, please o, no commot poor man money finish o
Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by casualobserver: 10:11pm On Jan 10
MrSundry:
This is absolute rubbish. Debiting people for transactions that occured since 2021 does not make any sense. Why can't they start the enforcement from 2024 transactions

This is why I don’t keep a Nigerian forex account. All my forex is in my foreign account.

It is the unreasonablenesses ness of some of our policies. How can you backdate the charge? What of those with zero balances or those who have closed their accounts?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by ezechi24(m): 10:15pm On Jan 10
And we dumb Nigerians will sit and cry, then continue the suffering again....we just can't fight for the right thing ......but if na one celebrity die now , you go see misplaced priorities for road demonstrating their foolishness.

4 Likes

Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by MrSundry: 10:16pm On Jan 10
casualobserver:

This is why I don’t keep a Naira forex account. All my forex are resided abroad in my foreign account.

It is the unreasonable ness of some of our policies. How can you backdate the charge? What of those with zero balances or those who have closed their accounts?

That's a very smart move from you. Nigeria is so unpredictable. You can wake up one morning and there is a new policy restricting you access to your funds.

3 Likes

Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by IsraelSongz: 10:20pm On Jan 10
You’re the ones that want to use Deposit banks by force. There’s Opay Palmpay Kuda moniepoint. Since una no wan wise…🚶🏾‍♂️

2 Likes

Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by Kingrshd3: 10:22pm On Jan 10
tuzle:
Them they whine person ni. #50 3years backlog for all transfer done on foreign account, abi na me no understand. The amount they will deduct on some people account will be too much. The thing can enter 1m especially for people that do a lot of transaction.

Me too don't understand oops 😬

because he be like say I no Sabi read English again
Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by Brushstrokes20: 10:22pm On Jan 10
👀👀Useless govt of self serving THIEVES! 🚩💯🚩

1 Like

Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by Kingrshd3: 10:22pm On Jan 10
IsraelSongz:
You’re the ones that want to use Deposit banks by force. There’s Opay Palmpay Kuda moniepoint. Since una no wan wise…🚶🏾‍♂️
Hope they are 100% realible in terms of not folding up when u have over millions with them

1 Like

Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by Iseoluwani: 10:24pm On Jan 10
Gsentme:
You have not made money. Can you leave 1bil in Opay account?

dey play
Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by Kingrshd3: 10:24pm On Jan 10
casualobserver:

This is why I don’t keep a Nigerian forex account. All my forex is in my foreign account.

It is the unreasonable ness of some of our policies. How can you backdate the charge? What of those with zero balances or those who have closed their accounts?

An even thinking of transferring all my funds to Opay now but just afraid if they fold up and they don't have physical office 🤔
Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by sukkot: 10:26pm On Jan 10
Does this affect like money coming in from those apps like WorldRemit and sendwave
Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by Rilwayne001: 10:33pm On Jan 10
Emusan:

Always defending and supporting rubbish.

It’s not my fault if you can’t read simple English and ask reasonable questions.

Besides, my post didn’t indicate I supported or defended anyone.

1 Like

Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by Akpaamunsi: 10:39pm On Jan 10
Stevenson20:
Make una kukuma kill us all in this corntree.
The rich keep getting richer, while the poor keep getting poorer.

Dead people can't be killed again na. What exactly are you talking about?

2 Likes

Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by kushme: 10:49pm On Jan 10
tuzle:
they dont do this again especially for gtb.

Whaaat. You don't mean it. Wey I don dey plan to enter UBA soon to stop alert... The alerts deductions are questionable.... Its shady.
Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by Jostoman: 10:51pm On Jan 10
This government dey play with fire. The way you people are pushing us to the level we will turn back at you people. What the youths did to some banks during Emefiele naira nonsense never teach those useless bank sense.
Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by Blitzerz: 10:56pm On Jan 10
Cardoso money
Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by Jostoman: 11:00pm On Jan 10
Before FRCN and Bank go start, they Should go and pack solders full their bank ooo because it will not be funny.
Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by federal9: 11:03pm On Jan 10
Time to start saving money at home.

Absolutely rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by obesse: 11:10pm On Jan 10
Rilwayne001:

But why should it be backdated? Can you give any genuine economic, financial, accounting or legal justification for this?

3 Likes

Re: Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 by NGArmyTerrorist: 11:15pm On Jan 10
Tinubu is stealing from every available area just for nothing..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency / Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges / Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.