Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,811 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Advice Needed On 2005 Toyota Sienna - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice Needed On 2005 Toyota Sienna (620 Views)

Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) / What's Your Opinion On 2005 Sienna / Maintenance On 2005 Pontiac Vibe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed On 2005 Toyota Sienna by ugreat(m): 2:16pm On Jan 11
Greetings my Ogas,

I got a Nigerian used 2005 Toyota Sienna. However, the owner does not keep track of oil change/servicing. I do keep this records. Please what do you advise I do? Should I drain the engine oil inside and fill with another to start a new record on the car? I need same advice on the transmission oil.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Advice Needed On 2005 Toyota Sienna by Iamrespected1: 2:48pm On Jan 11
Drain oil,do an engine flush then start keeping records,note that you have to ask the owner the weight of oil he was using before continuing.
Re: Advice Needed On 2005 Toyota Sienna by fineboynl(m): 4:10pm On Jan 11
Be carful with the transmission oil oh.

If the car drive smoothly. Ask the owner the fluid he was previously using. Drain 2 liters from it and top it with 2 liters. Draining all can cause serious problem.
Re: Advice Needed On 2005 Toyota Sienna by Dozieson(m): 7:26pm On Jan 11
ugreat:
Greetings my Ogas,

I got a Nigerian used 2005 Toyota Sienna. However, the owner does not keep track of oil change/servicing. I do keep this records. Please what do you advise I do? Should I drain the engine oil inside and fill with another to start a new record on the car? I need same advice on the transmission oil.

Thanks in anticipation

Drain the transmission fluid if the owner has changed it before.

Replace same quantity that was removed with Toyota WS

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On 2005 Toyota Sienna by ugreat(m): 8:29pm On Jan 11
Iamrespected1:
Drain oil,do an engine flush then start keeping records,note that you have to ask the owner the weight of oil he was using before continuing.

Owner doesn't know Sir...he was just guessing. He's the type that drops with mechanic and come back to carry it
Re: Advice Needed On 2005 Toyota Sienna by ugreat(m): 8:31pm On Jan 11
fineboynl:
Be carful with the transmission oil oh.

If the car drive smoothly. Ask the owner the fluid he was previously using. Drain 2 liters from it and top it with 2 liters. Draining all can cause serious problem.

For now the transmission selects well and I'm afraid touching it. At same time, not having a record of the oil is not too cool for me
Re: Advice Needed On 2005 Toyota Sienna by Ybholy(m): 9:49pm On Jan 11
ugreat:

Owner doesn't know Sir...he was just guessing. He's the type that drops with mechanic and come back to carry it

Ask previous owner to send you the mechanic number naa. Call and confirm it. Don’t bring location differences here o.

Is that one issue again?

Re: Advice Needed On 2005 Toyota Sienna by ugreat(m): 9:13pm On Feb 05
Dozieson:

Drain the transmission fluid if the owner has changed it before.

Replace same quantity that was removed with Toyota WS

Anyone here selling Toyota WS
Re: Advice Needed On 2005 Toyota Sienna by udemzyudex(m): 12:36am On Feb 06
ugreat:

Lol

After how many months or years? That's a lie.
Re: Advice Needed On 2005 Toyota Sienna by Dozieson(m): 5:49am On Feb 06
ugreat:

Anyone here selling Toyota WS

I don't know. But you can get it on jiji or major spare parts market around you
Re: Advice Needed On 2005 Toyota Sienna by ugreat(m): 3:30pm On Feb 06
Dozieson:

I don't know. But you can get it on jiji or major spare parts market around you

Thanks bro. You're appreciated

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On 2005 Toyota Sienna by advanceDNA: 11:19am On Feb 07
ugreat:

Thanks bro. You're appreciated

If the transmission works well..I suggest u don't go around poking that bear....

Original WS oil can be an issue to get especially if u not close to the big cities...many oil dealers sell fake and will even sell it for the price of original just to deceive you....not to mention this broken down economy that lot of pple are trying to cut corners to maximize profit...

If they put the fake and the original WS side by side..u can't tell the difference....

(1) (Reply)

Collision And Rage On The Street / Other Japanese Autos: Where Are They? / Coolant Liquid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.