Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,174 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) (4501 Views)

Advice Needed On 2005 Toyota Sienna / ADVICE NEEDED: Reviews On 2007 Toyota Corrolla TOKS/NAIJA / Maintenance On 2005 Pontiac Vibe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by Maaziigbo7: 3:36pm On Jun 11, 2022
Please I am considering buying a 2005 Nigerian used Toyota Camry known as Big Daddy.

Please I need advice on what to watch out in the car from previous owners of the car.

Is the car good and what's the pro's and con's of the car?
Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by Dozieson(m): 4:09pm On Jun 11, 2022
Maaziigbo7:
Please I am considering buying a 2005 Nigerian used Toyota Camry known as Big Daddy.

Please I need advice on what to watch out in the car from previous owners of the car.

I would advise you to go for 2004 i4 because the 2005-2009 (i4) uses same gear box(13pin) which is very expensive and fragile.

2002-2004 I4 uses 10pin which is very rugged and cheap

Again, be careful because the engine (2az) is known for burning(shorting)oil.

I fear naija used but you could be lucky

7 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by fineboynl(m): 7:38pm On Jun 11, 2022
grin Nigeria used car.

Whatever you do just expect the unseen, know that 85% of Nigeria used cars has problem especially if it has been used by many Nigerians. If you are buying from the first owner you might be lucky .

7 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by ehmmy11(m): 12:38am On Jun 13, 2022
Maaziigbo7:

You received great advice already especially 2004 model.. if you are not using it for business buy v6

Lastly do not over pay for it cos you will regret it.. open your eyes and price
Good luck

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by Maaziigbo7: 5:05am On Jun 13, 2022
Dozieson:

I would advise you to go for 2004 i4 because the 2005-2009 (i4) uses same gear box(13pin) which is very expensive and fragile.

2002-2004 I4 uses 10pin which is very rugged and cheap

Again, be careful because the engine (2az) is know for burning(shorting)oil.

I fear naija used but you could be lucky

Thanks bro. But I want to use it for Bolt. Will it be suitable?
Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by Maaziigbo7: 5:05am On Jun 13, 2022
ehmmy11:

You received great advice already especially 2004 model.. if you are not using it for business buy v6

Lastly do not over pay for it cos you will regret it.. open your eyes and price
Good luck

I intend using it for bolt. Can you please explain your last sentence
Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by Dozieson(m): 5:58am On Jun 13, 2022
Maaziigbo7:

Thanks bro. But I want to use it for Bolt. Will it be suitable?

Try and confirm if bolt is using 2004. It would be better
Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by ehmmy11(m): 10:23am On Jun 13, 2022
Maaziigbo7:

I intend using it for bolt. Can you please explain your last sentence

Don't be cajoled by car sales men into paying top dollar for a Nigerian used car all because exchange rate increased and import duty.

Price with the number of years car has been driven here, they can't provide the service history of course. Lastly naija used cars mostly have fault that's why they up for sale so factor repairs into pricing.. try look for individual seller than dealer, don't rush it can take some time to find the right deal

7 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by Maaziigbo7: 2:33pm On Jun 13, 2022
ehmmy11:

Don't be cajoled by car sales men into paying top dollar for a Nigerian used car all because exchange rate increased and import duty.

Price with the number of years car has been driven here, they can't provide the service history of course. Lastly naija used cars mostly have fault that's why they up for sale so factor repairs into pricing.. try look for individual seller than dealer, don't rush it can take some time to find the right deal

Thanks bro
Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by Rhado: 4:49pm On Jun 13, 2022
ehmmy11:

You see, this is the best advice for you bro. Others are also good advice. I know wetin me and the one I bought (2003) dey waka now. Luckily for me I neva pay the man finish.
Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by ehmmy11(m): 6:17pm On Jun 13, 2022
Rhado:

You see, this is the best advice for you bro. Others are also good advice. I know wetin me and the one I bought (2003) dey waka now. Luckily for me I neva pay the man finish.

Sorry for your ordeal sir
Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by Dozieson(m): 6:26pm On Jun 13, 2022
Rhado:

Pls tell us the issue
Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by Blankstare(m): 6:27pm On Jun 13, 2022
The V6 has more reliable engine

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by Rhado: 6:38pm On Jun 13, 2022
Dozieson:

Pls tell us the issue
I don’t want to cry, e dey pain well well. Just be very careful when buying naija used car.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by Dozieson(m): 7:57pm On Jun 13, 2022
Rhado:

I don’t want to cry, e dey pain well well. Just be very careful when buying naija used car.

I know some many of the issues. Just want to know if yours is familiar
Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by Rhado: 8:20pm On Jun 13, 2022
Dozieson:

I know some many of the issues. Just want to know if yours is familiar

Just the engine. The man I bought it from did not tell me the truth about the engine. Apart from that, no other issue.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by Dozieson(m): 8:46pm On Jun 13, 2022
Rhado:

Just the engine. The man I bought it from did not tell me the truth about the engine. Apart from that, no other issue.

The 2az engine is the issue with Toyota from 2002 to 2009. From oil burn to strip bolt head etc
Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by Maaziigbo7: 11:20pm On Jun 13, 2022
Rhado:

Sorry about that.
What other measure can I take to avoid making mistakes in buying naija used car since toks is very costly now
Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by Blankstare(m): 11:14am On Jun 14, 2022
Maaziigbo7:

Sorry about that.
What other measure can I take to avoid making mistakes in buying naija used car since toks is very costly now

Take your time please, don't rush. Ask banker friends if they know anyone willing to sell, talk to dealers but don't show desperation, check cars45.com you might be lucky. Always go with experience mechanic, naija use na killer vehicle this days, remember part are also costly now...
Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by UncutSk(m): 9:36pm On Jun 14, 2022
fineboynl:
grin Nigeria used car.

Whatever you do just expect the unseen, know that 85% of Nigeria used cars has problem especially if it has been used by many Nigerians. If you are buying from the first owner you might be lucky .
lmaoo make it 99
Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by UncutSk(m): 9:38pm On Jun 14, 2022
Rhado:

if you give Nigeria used and give me buhari I will take buhari

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by Maaziigbo7: 4:37pm On Jun 15, 2022
Blankstare:

Take your time please, don't rush. Ask banker friends if they know anyone willing to sell, talk to dealers but don't show desperation, check cars45.com you might be lucky. Always go with experience mechanic, naija use na killer vehicle this days, remember part are also costly now...

I understand. But toks is very costly now. Toks of 2004 camry is about 2.8m or 2.9m but naija use is about 1.5m or 1.8m
Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by Maaziigbo7: 4:38pm On Jun 15, 2022
UncutSk:
if you give Nigeria used and give me buhari I will take buhari

LOL. Explain...
Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by Blankstare(m): 5:11pm On Jun 15, 2022
Maaziigbo7:

I understand. But toks is very costly now. Toks of 2004 camry is about 2.8m or 2.9m but naija use is about 1.5m or 1.8m

You are right, but nothing still beat been patient cos when you buy the not too good one, you shall spend till you are lucky to dispose it off. I understand it's not easy and all that, God shall secure another alternative money venture for you.

Are you in Abuja? I saw one toks 2005 V6 for 2.5m, very clean.
Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by Dozieson(m): 5:41pm On Jun 15, 2022
Blankstare:

You are right, but nothing still beat been patient cos when you buy the not too good one, you shall spend till you are lucky to dispose it off. I understand it's not easy and all that, God shall secure another alternative money venture for you.

Toks v6 is not for bolt. He won't make it.
Again, I have seen a guy who bought toks here on nairaland and still had engine issues(burning oil when moving from Ogun to Lagos). The engine even knocked.
Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by Maaziigbo7: 9:39pm On Jun 15, 2022
Blankstare:

I won't need a V6. Since I am using it for bolt.

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by Maaziigbo7: 9:41pm On Jun 15, 2022
But the issue is between 2004 and 2005 model, which is better for bolt in terms of fuel economy?
Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by Dozieson(m): 7:52am On Jun 16, 2022
Maaziigbo7:
But the issue is between 2004 and 2005 model, which is better for bolt in terms of fuel economy?

2004/2005 uses same engine but one is using 4 speed gear and the other 5.

The difference in consumption should be infinitesimal if the engines are in good shape.
Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by Maaziigbo7: 8:43pm On Jun 17, 2022
Dozieson:

Toks v6 is not for bolt. He won't make it.
Again, I have seen a guy who bought toks here on nairaland and still had engine issues(burning oil when moving from Ogun to Lagos). The engine even knocked.

That means some toks are even bad cars?
Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by Maaziigbo7: 8:43pm On Jun 17, 2022
Please how can I run a VIN?
Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by Dozieson(m): 9:05pm On Jun 17, 2022
Maaziigbo7:
Please how can I run a VIN?

Contact ospreywin or Gazzuzz here on nairaland

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Coolest Car Ever / Is Toyota Running Out Of Design Ideas. / Difference Between Lexus X300 And Toyota Highlander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.