Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Inflation: See The Food I Bought For 1K (photo) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Inflation: See The Food I Bought For 1K (photo) (1615 Views)

See The Food I Bought For 2.5k In Maiduguri / See The Food I Bought For N500 / The Food I Bought For 2900. Pics. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inflation: See The Food I Bought For 1K (photo) by Rapmoney(m): 6:19pm On Jan 11
I remember eating in this same restaurant in 2018. Then, the food was just NGN350. Today, I visited same restaurant and same food I used to eat now cost NGN1000. One small fufu wey nor even reach small pikin fist and meat wey nor even reach small agbalumo. Only 4 hands of swallow I took and the whole fufu was gone. Na vex I take comot from the restaurant.

How do low income earners in Nigeria survive? It is really terrible out there. Many Nigerians now spend their monthly income on food!
Re: Inflation: See The Food I Bought For 1K (photo) by Premiumbuy(m): 6:50pm On Jan 11
Premium Be Unto You
Nothing to comment, but I'm sure it will hit frontpage.
Re: Inflation: See The Food I Bought For 1K (photo) by illicit(m): 6:51pm On Jan 11
Beer don cost sef

Trophy of 500 naira per bottle for street is not 700, 800, 1000

🕶️
Re: Inflation: See The Food I Bought For 1K (photo) by mariahAngel(f): 7:30pm On Jan 11
Mr op, wey the picture of the food naa?
Abi you don been chop am finish before you remember to take picture evidence ni?

4 Likes

Re: Inflation: See The Food I Bought For 1K (photo) by C2Ok: 9:27pm On Jan 11
Till now, I don’t know how dollars affected garri and palm oil
Re: Inflation: See The Food I Bought For 1K (photo) by Nicepoker(m): 10:38pm On Jan 11
C2Ok:
Till now, I don’t know how dollars affected garri and palm oil
Cost of production, And transportation. See you can no longer use 200k to set up 2 acres of cassava farm. Ploughing alone will consume 40k. agro chemicals of 1,500 is now 5k. Do you need more explanation?. Mind you most of the equipment used in the processing line are imported.

4 Likes

Re: Inflation: See The Food I Bought For 1K (photo) by Nicepoker(m): 10:41pm On Jan 11
Rapmoney:
I remember eating in this same restaurant in 2018. Then, the food was just NGN350. Today, I visited same restaurant and same food I used to eat now cost NGN1000. One small fufu wey nor even reach small pikin fist and meat wey nor even reach small agbalumo. Only 4 hands of swallow I took and the whole fufu was gone. Na vex I take comot from the restaurant.

How do low income earners in Nigeria survive? It is really terrible out there. Many Nigerians now spend their monthly income on food!
A ton of maize in 2019 was 85k now its 300k. Not to talk of cassava. grin

1 Like

Re: Inflation: See The Food I Bought For 1K (photo) by flokii: 10:49pm On Jan 11
Things are really expensive now.. before all you need is 1-2k to have something decent to eat but now it's 3-5k at a sitting.. Drinks start from #800 upwards in spots around Wuse 2.

Which way Nigeria?..
Re: Inflation: See The Food I Bought For 1K (photo) by C2Ok: 7:17am On Jan 12
Nicepoker:
Cost of production, And transportation. See you can no longer use 200k to set up 2 acres of cassava farm. Ploughing alone will consume 40k. agro chemicals of 1,500 is now 5k. Do you need more explanation?. Mind you most of the equipment used in the processing line are imported.
Your write up makes much sense, I understand better now
Re: Inflation: See The Food I Bought For 1K (photo) by Rickmann: 9:48am On Jan 12
Rapmoney:

Omo, cost of living wan kill the living.

God abeg na
Re: Inflation: See The Food I Bought For 1K (photo) by CandidAdmin(m): 10:46am On Jan 12
The inflation dey bite like dog.

Schoolshooter:
Still better than US where you're homeless and eating from trash can

Yeah right, as if we don't have people living in the street and begging up and down in 9ja.

1 Like

Re: Inflation: See The Food I Bought For 1K (photo) by RepoMan007: 1:46pm On Jan 12
Bless your food before you eat, Jesus still grows bread and fishes as they enter the stomach.
No be who chop pass dey get body pass.

2 Likes

Re: Inflation: See The Food I Bought For 1K (photo) by RepoMan007: 7:36pm On Jan 12
Rickmann:

Omo, cost of living wan kill the living.

God abeg na
lol.
The living are living idly now. After advancement in tech one will think there will be too much production but no, there are many more idlers.
Re: Inflation: See The Food I Bought For 1K (photo) by Rickmann: 11:35am On Jan 13
RepoMan007:
lol.
The living are living idly now. After advancement in tech one will think there will be too much production but no, there are many more idlers.

I swear

(1) (Reply)

Eating This Fruit Every Day Can Help You Lose Weight... / How To Make Ofada Rice And Sauce / My Weird Cooking Experience - Share Yours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.