Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,452 members, 7,850,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:42 AM

Dangote Refinery Begins Operations - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Refinery Begins Operations (37917 Views)

Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis / Giant Dangote Oil Refinery Begins Production In 3rd Quarter / Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by Fourfor4: 5:48am On Jan 13
Fourfor4:

Bros, calm down.
. We know the game playing. Can't say it here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by Eagle360(m): 6:01am On Jan 13
Jackiedemie:

The pressure on the dollars to naira will be reduce becos over 50% of our foreign earning (dollars) go directly to importation of fuel.
in a saner clime that pressure on dollars will reduce as you rightly said but in Nigeria tongue. Nigerians factor over rule any theory of economics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by Philosophic: 6:03am On Jan 13
Goodnews! A step in the right direction.

But methinks Nigerians will appreciate it better if there's zero probability of Monopoly.

This'll ensure that Petroleum products will be sold at competitive prices .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by Funkyswagzz(m): 6:13am On Jan 13
loswhite:
Lol

Who told it will not produce fuel?

I knew about this since 2020. I don't know y nigerians r so lazy in doing a little research. Bro use Google and find out for urself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by grandstar(m): 6:25am On Jan 13
UrPapa:
At least fuel go drop to #100 per litter now

In your dreams.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by Ezmans: 6:34am On Jan 13
ManirBK:
Good news
No bad mouth abeg!

God bless Tinubu
tinubu build dangote refinery
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by Karlifate: 6:44am On Jan 13
Fourfor4:

Bros, open your eyes pls. Just one of his tanks is 120,000,000million ltrs. Now imagine so many tanks (if not more thank 50) in the refinery. So lots, cos I work there.

No mind am.

They will open mouth waaaaa & be yarning nonsense.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by Karlifate: 6:45am On Jan 13
Philosophic:
Goodnews! A step in the right direction.

But methinks Nigerians will appreciate it better if there's zero probability of Monopoly.

This'll ensure that Petroleum products will be sold at competitive prices .

Monopoly this... Monopoly that...

Build your own refinery to beat his monopoly.

Why is that hard for you to do

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by skywalker240(m): 6:47am On Jan 13
bluefilm:

Imagine this nonsense! undecided
Some people are just born to suffer and smile

That comment reeks of suffering and smiling mentality
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by skywalker240(m): 6:56am On Jan 13
Elemosho478:

It was stated that the refinery can satisfy 100% Nigeria needs.

It is the biggest refinery in the world so don't underestimate it potential.
It is not the biggest refinery in the world

Get your facts right
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by Segxydube: 6:58am On Jan 13
Asquare84:

That true, almost sixty percent of our dollar goes into fuel importation.

"our dollar"
When dollar turn our currency?
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by nkpommpko(m): 7:00am On Jan 13
kokoA:
If I'm buying petrol for 650naira and I know it's being produced in Nigeria I wouldn't mind.
I don tire for Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by Paraman: 7:03am On Jan 13
Afy91:
Believe this news,then you can believe anything. Niaja na cruz
You must be from the south east
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by Paraman: 7:04am On Jan 13
Dee60:

It may be the opposite. Crude for that refinery was imported.
Imported from where?
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by Paraman: 7:06am On Jan 13
Phantom233:

Wetin concerned Tinubu with Dangote refinery? He should build his own and commission before he leaves office or better still fix the electricity problem .
Dangote that owns the refinery has thanked Tinubu a lot of time because he was one of the people that made this refinery possible. But bitter and fraustrated people like you will be saying shit online
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by Paraman: 7:07am On Jan 13
Funkyswagzz:

Dangote refinery won't produce fuel. They only do diesel, kerosene and jet fuel
They will be starting with diesel, kerosene and jet fuel this month, in February they will start producing fuel.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by skywalker240(m): 7:15am On Jan 13
Fourfor4:

Bros, open your eyes pls. Just one of his tanks is 120,000,000million ltrs. Now imagine so many tanks (if not more thank 50) in the refinery. So lots, cos I work there.
Greetings bro, If you can link me up with any gig there, I'll appreciate

Am a spray painter 🧯
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by Abusufian: 7:18am On Jan 13
Oga spit waitin de ur mouth comot' i ready 4 u
Wainey:
I be bin call ur papa too, but wetin deh my mouth na big insult, so I go rather just let this pass
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by ekelebeXstunner: 7:25am On Jan 13
Nigeria’s temperature will rise by three degrees from this. The heat wan kpai me for house. Daytime is hot. Nighttime is hot. God save us.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by PrinceofSarcasm: 7:26am On Jan 13
PortHarcourtcit:
they don't have the license to produce pms... Only AGO, JET A1 and KEROSENE...

This shows that the suffering of the masses is deliberate by the government. That's why I always say that until the people are ready to rise up things will not change.

It will continue being social media rants and Internet noise .
Until the people rise up against these politicians nothing will change

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by Philosophic: 7:37am On Jan 13
Karlifate:

Monopoly this... Monopoly that...

Build your own refinery to beat his monopoly.
Why is that hard for you to do
OK. Noted
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by Jangbajantis: 7:40am On Jan 13
Omoawoke2:

God will never bless Dangote, the refinery is a nations wealth that was built and shared among top politicians, they only used dangote as the business man to run it on their behalf
Exactly my thought.

Those thinking that this news means a crash in fuel price are on a long thing.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by nairalanda1(m): 7:48am On Jan 13
Omoawoke2:

God will never bless Dangote, the refinery is a nations wealth that was built and shared among top politicians, they only used dangote as the business man to run it on their behalf

The refinery was funded by

1.Dangote's money,(which he can afford because of his other lucrative businesses and suchlike).

2.Loans from private banks, local and international

3.A loan from the African development bank

4.A loan from CBN...which Dangote stated he has paid back.

As far as one is concerened, none of the cash came from the Government(save the CBN money, which Dangote has stated he paid back).

We can talk all day long about how dangote was favored by government in the past, but this refinery was not funded by the government, save again for the CBN loans, which have been repaid .

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by sukar886: 7:49am On Jan 13
Thats good news
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by alizma: 7:57am On Jan 13
Wainey:
Na every weekend Dangote refinery deh start operation?

I don hear this news like 16times na
Knowing how to read and understanding what you read are two different issues.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by Judolisco(m): 8:06am On Jan 13
UrPapa:
even if na 300 or 250... E dey OK... Omo I bought 38k fuel yesterday from ilorin to Abuja, something wey na 10k fuel I dey buy b4
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by ppogba: 8:11am On Jan 13
PrinceofSarcasm:

This shows that the suffering of the masses is deliberate by the government. That's why I always say that until the people are ready to rise up things will not change.

It's all going to be social media rants and Internet noise .

Someone stupidly and erroneously claim DANG REF. does not have licence to produce petrol but can only produce diesel and others and you believe that?
Does it make any sense that a refinery gets a separate licence to produce petrol and another separate licence to produce diesel?
Even if that is the case, do you think it will be difficult for DANG to get license?

And you are here giving credence to an idiotic statement talking about government punishing the poor.

Na wa oo.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by lagosrd: 8:13am On Jan 13
So what have they been doing since...
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by ppogba: 8:16am On Jan 13
nairalanda1:

1.Dangote's money,(which he can afford because of his other lucrative businesses and suchlike).

As far as one is concerened, none of the cash came from the Government(save the CBN money, which Dangote has stated he paid back).

We can talk all day long about how dangote was favored by government in the past, but this refinery was not funded by the government, save again for the CBN loans, which have been repaid .

By now, you should have known that there are many ignorant fools on this platform by the reason of free data.
Market women are far more knowledgeable than some people here.

Can you imagine someone say the crude for the refinery was imported?
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by Kukutente23: 8:20am On Jan 13
nairalanda1:

Take it easy Oga
So how did NNPCL manage to have 20% stake in the refinery if you're here claiming Dangote owns it 100%.
Besides, CBN did not give him any loan as you erroneously claim. What CBN gave him was forex waiver which is essentially getting forex at subsidised rate (subsidy?!! Isn't it supposed to be bad?)... You seem to have no problem with that and now claimed it's a loan and Dangote has paid back which is a lie.
Of course there's the little matter of the world bank loan which was used to start the project with Nigeria standing as guarantor in 2013.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by Kukutente23: 8:23am On Jan 13
ppogba:

By now, you should have known that there are many ignorant fools on this platform by the reason of free data.
Market women are far more knowledgeable than some people here.

Can you imagine someone say the crude for the refinery was imported?
Unfortunately you swallowed his lie hook, line and sinker which is because it's what you want to hear.
Anyone who says the crude was imported may not be really wrong Agbami field is an offshore field and Shell trading Co that supplied the crude is an international trading arm of Shell. Any crude they sell will be at international price. So except they gave NNPCL share of the crude to Dangote, and crude supplied by them is good as imported
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations by femi4: 8:23am On Jan 13
UrPapa:
dey play grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Angry Alfa Burns Photos Of ‘Clients’ Of His Customers That Are Owing Him (Video) / $1 Back To ₦‎690 At Black Market / Free Tutorials- Sewing Businesses!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.