Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Seun Needs To Pay People To Write Contents For Nairaland. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Seun Needs To Pay People To Write Contents For Nairaland. (286 Views)

Seun Needs To Sit Up / For Nairaland Men Only!! / Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun Needs To Pay People To Write Contents For Nairaland. by DEGREE2466(m): 5:26am On Jan 13
For those who have been on nairaland as early as 2012 to 2015, will know that nairaland was a go-to website for high quality contents.

I started Fiverr because I read about it here. I joined Bolt driving to the hustle because I follow the thread here. Nairaland use to be a career changer but that was within the first and second generation of the website existence.

When is this first and second generation? The first generation of nairaland existence is between 2005 to 2010. Most people that have account on nairaland then are matured people who should be in their 40s at earliest. An Internet enabled phone wasn't that common so it takes a privileged few to have it, mostly people working and can afford to buy one or needed phone for their business. In this generation, I don't know what is called nairaland.

The second generation are those that joined between 2011 to 2015. This era was the most resourceful years of nairaland. Smart phones became popular, people were eager to share their experiences and teach others for almost free. There were genuine people and there were scammers but genuine people outweighed.

During the second generation, I created some threads that generated traffics for nairaland beyond the forum. A thread that newspapers carried and schools published the content and posted on their school walls. Then, the thrill was to make front page. It was difficult to get a topic to make front page then because there were too many resourceful threads out there.

I had the time to write these contents because I was an undergraduate. I didn't have much to do with my time and time wasn't money.

But times have changed. From 2016 generation till date, nairaland has been on a decline in terms of content quality. Making front page is as simple as writing anything that will incite tribal or gender wars. People no longer write life changing resourceful topics.

Most of the threads here are either news, or people's personal problems. That's, people seeking answers to questions that affect their lives. At the end of the day, there's basically nothing Impactful to take away from reading such threads other than some obviously expected responses.

Most of the time, I read the heading and the heading only because I already knew what the content and the comments will be.

Considering the economic reality on ground, I think it will be useful for Seun to pay top writers to research and write highly resourceful contents. Banning tribal comments alone doesn't seem enough to make the forum better. People need to read threads that will impact positively on them.

The topics can cut across all spheres of life. It's hard for anyone to sit down and write great article to post on nairaland just to get likes and comments as a reward. That's not encouraging. The few people that do that are those who are seeking traffic to their own blog or YouTube channel.

I created a thread in 2015 that unfortunately got wiped out during the data loss that occurred here that saw a three months worth of nairaland data cleared off. In that thread that I titled "some changes that I want to see on nairaland", I pointed out some features that Seun needed to implement as a way to enhance the user experience on nairaland.

Seun commented on that thread asking why I wanted some certain features I outlined. Others commented their contributions too. Some of the features include the birthday email message that you receive from nairaland on your birthdays, the mention feature that you have today, and others. For those who haven't been long enough on nairaland. Pre-2015, there was nothing like mention on this site. When someone quotes you, you wouldn't know except you manually search your name on nairaland search box.

After some months, nairaland implemented most of those features with me getting nothing for bringing up such ideas that helped improve the website. That's discouraging. Nairaland is not a non-profit organisation. The site generates money for the owner. So, when you sit down and write high quality content and you are not getting any direct benefit, then you will not be encouraged to put in the time, especially with the way the economy is right now.

Seun can pay some users who are good writers to write educating, entertaining, and motivating contents. Share a little of nairaland revenue with the users who are generating the revenue for you. My humble opinion.

Cc
Seun Osewa
Nlfpmod

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Needs To Pay People To Write Contents For Nairaland. by Fahvvy: 10:28am On Jan 13
I agree with this submission undecided...

If Mr Seun do decide to implement this, I'll gladly be a part of his paid writers undecided...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Needs To Pay People To Write Contents For Nairaland. by DaniDani(m): 2:09pm On Jan 13
You are 100% correct.
Re: Seun Needs To Pay People To Write Contents For Nairaland. by Scentedgrance: 2:58pm On Jan 13
I hope seun is going to act on your suggestions.

I think he's a lil choked now because of the headache he got when one unstable wOman tried forcing herself on the forumites insisting of being a mod.

Op thanks for the wonderful changes you suggested yester years ago.
Re: Seun Needs To Pay People To Write Contents For Nairaland. by muller101(m): 6:11pm On Jan 13
They might never consider this proposal. Those ladies always have the final say.
Re: Seun Needs To Pay People To Write Contents For Nairaland. by TheWinterBird(f): 9:19pm On Jan 13
Seun has enough on his plate already. Let the man breathe. Since when are forum owners responsible for paying members? Where's that done? Besides, he would have to start paying the moderators as well. There's a a section for you to advertise your services and that should suffice. Other than that, he's not responsible for paying you any money for being a voluntary and active member on NL. Nigerians and entitlement mentality.
Re: Seun Needs To Pay People To Write Contents For Nairaland. by TheWinterBird(f): 10:10pm On Jan 13
Please no more emails. Thank you.
Re: Seun Needs To Pay People To Write Contents For Nairaland. by emma2018: 10:17pm On Jan 13
TheWinterBird:
Anyhoo, for anyone who wants to make money on Fiverr, I'm looking for a writer for my blog. It has been since last year July. I wrote all the articles on it myself and I take pride in that but School and other obligations are no longer allowing space for that, so I need someone to take over for the time being.

Please be a good writer before messaging me. I got a writer from Pakistan last week on there to write one article for me and what he wrote was rubbish that I didn't have the choice but to decline the work. He asked for two extra days to finish the work and I had no problem with that but he still couldn't do the job. So yeah, don't message me if you can't write. I'm not looking to post junk on my blog. If you can, let's talk.

Female writers preferred but males welcome.

$30/article to start.

How do I reach you

(1) (Reply)

Etiquette Inspired / #reading Habits – Tips For Children / Growing Inner Confidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.